Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sneak Preview - Phobya Cases

Xtreme Member

Sneak Preview - Phobya Cases

Hi Guys,

Just a sneak preview of some of the up coming cases from phobya

The Tower - Phobya UltraBig Water V.1 Black Edition Case

The first really purely designed for water cooling housing Phobya WaCoolT UltraBig Water Case Black!

The manufacturer Phobya is a luminary in the field of water cooling and modding. So it was only a matter of time until the series of different models, manufacturers do not meet the requirements of the manufacturing consortium. We developed a basic concept of modular design which constantly adapted according to customer requirements and evolving.

The housings are made ​​of 1.5 mm thick steel and therefore extremely durable, which is frequent in the water cooling conversion extremely beneficial. Each of the black powder-coated parts, ie, front & rear, interior, side panels, everything can be removed and remounted. No rivets fastened with M4 screws everything! This allows modders a new dimension of a housing modification.
    But not only are case modders in this system have their fun. These cases are just the beginning, because all parts can be replaced according to your wishes. It may be a side panel with Plexifenster, the lid should be a different radiator installed, the back should be equipped with 2 power supplies, all of these optional components are available from the manufacturer as soon Phobya commercially.
    Individually, the front! Supplied have been omitted on purpose to push buttons or switches. Each two 19mm holes for it. These are optimized for the variety of commercially available switches. Who swears to quality is also suitable probe of Phobya. Of course there'll be too different front options to make this in the future can be as individual as possible.

The case is in spite of the completely modular design vormoniert!

Water cooling is the issue that was brought in these types of housing in the focus. Thus, hose and cable penetrations were optimized dehingehend. All rubber holes for hoses and cables can be removed to install there Fillport, 19mm Lochbohrgung. Different radiator, reservoir and pump assembly devices are integrated. This case is the first of its kind in as much detail what vervollkommned on water cooling!

Special features of the Phobya WaCoolT mATX-1 Case Black case:
    radiator or fan assembly:
    Back: 1x 120 fans (no 140s)
    front: 1x 200 Radi, 1x 280 or less, 1 x 240 or less - the whole assembly for hard drives can also be move backwards and screw because of different radiator sizes
    cover: 1x 400 Radi, 1x 480s or smaller, 1 x 420 or smaller, 1 x 200
    Floor: 1 x 400-Radi, 1x 480s or smaller, 1 x 420 or smaller, 1 x 200
    shelf: 1 x 400-Radi, 1x 480s or smaller, 1 x 420 or smaller, 1 x 200
    side wall to the right: 1x Nova or Super Nova can also be mounted with Nova box
    side wall to the left: 1x Nova or Supernova mounting option ONLY with Nova Box and Shroud 1x 200 or 180 fans
    -Schlauchdurchführung/Fillport:
    2x back , 19mm opening
    4x top, 19mm aperture
    6x hose guide, 19mm opening
    , 2x mounting device pumps on the shelf:
    internal, middle, underneath the motherboard
    M4 threaded holes
    compatibility: eg Laing, Laing D5, Eheim 1046 (HPPS, Aqua Stream, Watercool 12V), Eheim 1048, Magicool 12V DC 260 and DC 400 Phobya, EK-DCP and 2.2 DCP 4.0
    -reservoir
    internally, alternative to the radiators
    outside, the back
    5X Slotin holes for mounting possibility of Conditions (tube up to 400mm)
    -ON/OFF and reset
    the left and right in the front 19mm hole size
    Mainboard Compatibility:
    ATX, mATX (Micro ATX), eATX, μATX
    graphics types of length up to 400mm, according to slot distance 580mm
    wheels as feet
    -10x 5.25 "drive bays with 9 front-panel
    -9x 3 , 5 "drive bays
    , 3x power seats - of which 2 to 80 with cover and fan assembly option, length 400mm

Technical details:
    Material: Steel
    Color: black powder coated
    Dimensions (L x W x H): 585 x 243 x 760mm
    Weight: 22000g

A multilingual, illustrated assembly instructions can be found here. (To follow)

Delivery:
    1x Phobya WaCoolT UltraBig Water Case Black
    mounting hardware
    Allen

The HTPC - Phobya Water mATX Case Black Edition

The first really purely designed for water cooling housing Phobya WaCoolT mATX Case Black one!

The manufacturer Phobya is a luminary in the field of water cooling and modding. So it was only a matter of time until the series of different models, manufacturers do not meet the requirements of the manufacturing consortium. We developed a basic concept of modular design which constantly adapted according to customer requirements and evolving.

The housings are made ​​of 1.5 mm thick steel and therefore extremely durable, which is frequent in the water cooling conversion extremely beneficial. Each of the black powder-coated parts, ie, front & rear, interior, side panels, everything can be removed and remounted. No rivets fastened with M4 screws everything! This allows modders a new dimension of a housing modification.
    But not only are case modders in this system have their fun. These cases are just the beginning, because all parts can be replaced according to your wishes. It may be a side panel with Plexifenster, the lid should be a different radiator installed, the back should be equipped with 2 power supplies, all of these optional components are available from the manufacturer as soon Phobya commercially.
    Individually, the front! Supplied have been omitted on purpose to push buttons or switches. Each two 19mm holes for it. These are optimized for the variety of commercially available switches. Who swears to quality is also suitable probe of Phobya. Of course there'll be too different front options to make this in the future can be as individual as possible.

The case is in spite of the completely modular design vormoniert!

Water cooling is the issue that was brought in these types of housing in the focus. Thus, hose and cable penetrations were optimized dehingehend. All rubber holes for hoses and cables can be removed to install there Fillport, 19mm Lochbohrgung. Different radiator, reservoir and pump assembly devices are integrated. This case is the first of its kind in as much detail what vervollkommned on water cooling! peculiarities of Phobya WaCoolT mATX Case Black housing 1: radiator or fan assembly: Rear: 1x 120mm cover: 1x 240mm -Schlauchdurchführung/Fillport: 2x rear, 19mm opening 1x top, 19mm hole mounting device pumps: internally, right side, above the motherboard M4 threaded holes compatibility: eg Laing, Laing D5, Eheim 1046 (HPPS, Aqua Stream, Watercool 12V), Eheim 1048, Magicool 12V, Phobya DC 260 and DC 400 EK-DCP and 2.2 DCP 4.0 -reservoir internally, right side, above the motherboard lying tubes 4x Slotin -ON/OFF and reset the left and right in front of the 19mm hole size mainboard compatibility: htpc, mATX (Micro ATX) graphics types of length up to 370mm -feet decouple the housing -4x 5.25 "drive bays with three front-panel -4x 3.5 "drive bays , 1x power supply slot, length up to 370mm

Technical details:
    Material: Steel
    Color: black powder coated
    Dimensions (L x W x H): 383 x 353 x 223mm
    Weight: 9240g

A multilingual, illustrated assembly instructions can be found here. (To follow)

Delivery:
    1x Phobya WaCoolT mATX Case Black one!
    mounting hardware
    Alle
    Last edited by Aquatuning; 01-10-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Mentor
    Interesting, depending on price they might be a good deal. Not sure why the tower has all the fan holes on the side since there is not enough room for a rad on that side unless you go external.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Member
    The price will come in at a reasonable level - the side panels show optional rad mounting making it easier to mount 9 x 120/140s to the side without needing to mod.

More details as them become available
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    1st pic, what are all the holes for on the side panel? Also, they look like flat pack build it yourself cases?

Quite like the idea of being able to hang a 9x120 rad on the side, nice.

Interested to see prices.

Xtreme Member
    the case will come fully made the cases multiple mounting points will be shown shortly as there ALOT you can fit in there :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    I wonder what is "reasonable level"
    SB 2600K
    MSI P67A-GD65

8GB 1600/CL8
    GTX580
    64GB SSD
    4TB
    Xonar DX
    BeQuiet Straight Power 680W sleeved
    in
    Cosmos 1000, modded
    TC PA120.3+XSPC RX240mm+XSPC RASA+DDC1T+OCLabs top+EK Multioption 150+ EK-FC580

Xtreme Cruncher
    REALLY liking the look of that HTPC case... My Lian Li v351 took a beating getting a 2x120mm, pump, and reservoir internal for a CPU/GPU loop... that looks a little bigger making it easier to work inside.

Internal pics?

Xtreme Member
    Tower 229.99 Euros
    HTPC 119.99 Euros
    Last edited by Aquatuning; 01-10-2012 at 06:43 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Really not my cup of tea... and in my opinion, a good watercooling case isn't about how much you can fit in, but how well you fit it. No point having loads of rads if the hosing and power cables have to be long and messy...
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

I take it that HTPC isnt exactly aimed at those wanting something subtle next to the TV?

Whatever happened to the idea of having a unit that looked good like a piece of high end hifi equipment?

Double Post!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquatuning View Post
    HTPC 119.99 Euros
    Sounds good, at that price I'll probably bite

Quote Originally Posted by ximius View Post
    Whatever happened to the idea of having a unit that looked good like a piece of high end hifi equipment?
    Of course such Cases exist, but they have a not so nice price tag.

Xtreme Cruncher
    That's about $155 plus shipping to the US, assuming that 120euro number is excluding VAT. That's a bit pricey... $200 for a matx case might be a bit much for me. I won't be able to decide until I see some internal shots.

I'd love it if it was a bit shorter though... Maybe as tall as a PSU is wide, putting the PSU on its side or just as tall as a 140mm rad is wide or something. I'm finding I want a piano case for watercooling more so than a cube.

Xtreme Member
    First post updated with specs.

The flat rate shipment cost is currently $8 for 24 hour delivery. I do not know if there will be any surcharges for the larger cases.

By the way these are the two small cases there are two bigger brothers to come.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquatuning View Post
    The flat rate shipment cost is currently $8 for 24 hour delivery. I do not know if there will be any surcharges for the larger cases.
    Does the 120euro price include VAT or no?

Xtreme Member
    It includes 19% German tax yes - so you can deduct that and then add your local rate on

The cases are now listed on our .de site and will be live on the rest of the sites shortly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    double post...
    Last edited by Aquatuning; 01-10-2012 at 10:11 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The tower case looks nice. Certainly with a very good air flow!
    Thermaltake Armor 6000+ * Corsair HX1000W * ASUS P8P67 Deluxe * Intel i7 2600K @ 4.6GHz 1.245Vcore * EVGA GTX580 * OCZ Agility 3 120GB * Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA3 7'200rpm 500GB * Western Digital Green Caviar SATA2 7'200rpm 1TB * Razer Mako * Razer Mamba * Belkin n52te * HP w2207 * Cheap Logitech keyboard

Xtreme Member
    the matx case looks nice. i would have flipped the psu and cut a hole out the side of the case so the psu can draw cool air from the outside. just nitpicking though

Xtreme Guru
    Hmm, imho:
    - both should have fan grills with "stripes" pattern imho, at very least bigger one in it's front;
    - bigger one should be .. smaller , by making inverted ATX motherboard mount or putting 9x120 not behind it but in front.
    Overall with it's very big dimensions imho there can be found better rad placement configurations. Though maybe i try too hard to find TJ07 in every case
    - mATX one would be well fit for 2x2 x120 rad. or Two doubles instead of single in center. Or tiny bit higher and a bit deeper and with mount option of 9x120 one.
    - eek, online translator errors

Is it just me or does the paint finish look EXTREMELY poor on the mATX case? It looks like it is wrapped in black cardboard, all wrinkly and stuff. I'd do a better paintjob judging from these pictures.

Xtreme Cruncher
    It's powder coated, not painted. It's hard to control the surface finish of the coating, I'm going to guess, seeing as it's sprayed on and then baked (melted) into a cohesive coating...

Xtreme Member
    It's just my personal and honest opinion on the tower case and like xspc cases i am disapointed.

And sorry fo my english.

I don't like the look of the case, it's square and industrial, no effort on the aesthetics.
    Those cases are all the same (xspc, mountain mods, ...).
    There are too many ugly fan holes with grids on visibles sides. No effort to hide those.
    22kg without hardware is a lot.
    The case is too high, it don't fit under my desk (71 cm).
    There is no usb, e-sata, ... connectors.
    Is the 3,5 bays modulables ? (like 2 modular cages).
    Is there silent blocks for hdd (noise).
    The rear panel with 9x fans holes : the rad suck hot air from the case or push hot air in the case => bad.
    Last edited by Makymaco; 01-11-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Xtreme Member
    ^^ agreed. Especially considering the massive amount of free design work that was produced on your behalf. Not that I was particularly a fan; but was a "black owl" ever produced for the winner of that competition, or is that yet to come, or did apple warn you off?

Xtreme Member
    That Phobya UltraBig Water V.1 Black Edition Case is just what I'm planning to do in my scratch build, though I'm planning to use a little less of rad spots and make it a bit more stylish. Well at least proportional a bit more, not so high and narrow, something in between the MM's cubes and this.

The price and the modularity looks right... Dunno... Could be a winner, anyway glad the choice for LC case is on the rise.

@churchy

You're reading my thougths. Tottaly aggre with you on the mATX one, and the suggestions you propsed for the bigger one are some of my ideas for my case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast