Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EK readies EK-VGA Supreme HF Bridge edition

-100c Club

EK readies EK-VGA Supreme HF Bridge edition

The newest EK-VGA Supreme HF Bridge Editon waterblock is designed for use with parallel flow EK-FC Bridge system. Say goodbye to the awkward tubing & fitting connection of multiple GPU blocks. EK's Bridge system is a proven flow interconnect system which has been used for years on EK-FC series waterblock. This very same system is now available for GPU only waterblock EK-VGA Supreme HF.

EK-VGA Supreme HF Bridge Edition fits on all EK-FC Bridge connectors but it is designed to work properly only with parallel flow versions.

The Acetal top portion of the waterblock will also be available for purchase separately. The waterblock top also feature two G1/4 threaded ports which allow for installation of the EK-PSC 13mm fittings and other types of (angled) barbs/fittings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EK-VGA Supreme HF - Bridge Edition Promo1_800.JPG 
Views:	7210 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	121094

Name:	EK-VGA Supreme HF - Bridge Edition Promo2_800.JPG 
Views:	6323 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	121093

Name:	EK-VGA Supreme HF - Bridge Edition Promo3_800.JPG 
Views:	5649 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	121092

EK-VGA Supreme HF Bridge edition will be available after November 1st 2011, MSRP price is yet to be confirmed.

Best Regards,
    Niko

Xtreme Member
    Wow great!
    But what about those ram chips it is covering? Usually, have to put some ram sinks on top of the ram chips isn't it?

-100c Club
    Thank you!

It is not covering any RAM, there is quite a gap in between, about 9.6mm!
    You can use almost any aftermarket BGA RAM heatsinks. We recommend the ones we tested though: http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/ak...heatsinks.html

Regards,
    Niko
    Last edited by tiborrr; 10-11-2011 at 04:44 AM.

Xtreme Guru
    Finally

tiborrr: can you clarify "only with parallel" bit?

Xtreme Addict
    Beautiful
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Awesome...maybe this will push me to get GPU only blocks....

-100c Club
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    can you clarify "only with parallel" bit?
    As the Supreme sytle waterblock has dedicated inlet and outlet ports it is mandatory to use only parallel EK-FC Bridges in order to achieve best possible temperatures. Otherwise the water will flow in wrong direction in second waterblock (when using EK-FC Bridge DUAL serial or TRIPLE serial).

I am Xtreme
    Fantastic job, guys!
    Might make me move to GPU-only blocks the next time cause they are finally optimised for multi-GPU setups while staying affordable.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Member
    Fantastic job.

I assume that we can use the new acetal top even with only one GPU?

Xtreme Member
    Double post, sorry.

Xtreme Guru
    tiborrr: Oh, i see, thanks for info. Somehow universal block flow direction bit slipped my mind. BTW, can you tell how much space is between this block top and mem chips below it?

This is exactly what I need, can't believe you read my mind EKWB and did it ... awesome!

Xtreme Mentor
    if you use universal VGA Block

don't forget to put some Heatsink on VRM area!!!
    Intel Core i5 6600K + ASRock Z170 OC Formula + Galax HOF 4000 (8GBx2) + Antec 1200W OC Version
    EK SupremeHF + BlackIce GTX360 + Swiftech 655 + XSPC ResTop
    Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011 (i7 2760QM + HD 6770M)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) , Huawei Nexus 6P
    [history system]80286 80386 80486 Cyrix K5 Pentium133 Pentium II Duron1G Athlon1G E2180 E3300 E5300 E7200 E8200 E8400 E8500 E8600 Q9550 QX6800 X3-720BE i7-920 i3-530 i5-750 Semp140@x2 955BE X4-B55 Q6600 i5-2500K i7-2600K X4-B60 X6-1055T FX-8120 i7-4790K

-100c Club
    BTW, can you tell how much space is between this block top and mem chips below it?
    RAM chips are usualy around 1-1.05mm high, therefore there is around ~8.5mm of space. Plenty

Xtreme Guru
    tiborrr: i was more thinking along the lines how much space for mini heatsinks on ram chips when asking that. Hmm, 8.5mm. Probably some fin bending may be required on those minisinks.

-100c Club
    These fit perfectly: http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/ak...heatsinks.html

Any low profile BGA heat sink is a go!

Xtreme Member
    Good timing! I wanted this for my Tri-Fire set-up with 3X Lightning 6970 and 3X EK-VGA. Will ask my reseller to order some.
    Last edited by Levesque; 10-11-2011 at 07:02 AM.
    i7 3930k EK-Supreme HF - Asus Rampage IV X79 - QUAD-Fire: 4X Asus 7970 EK waterblocks - 4X4GB=16GB RipjawsZ 2400 CL9 - Crucial C300 128Gb M4 128Gb 2x Intel X25-M 160GB 3X Seagate 2TB - Mountain Mods Extended Ascension + Pedestal 24 - Dual-PSU: Antec HCP-1200 + Corsair AX850 - EyeFinity 3X 30'' LCD - Windows 7 64

Xtreme Member
    Tiborr. These look great and I'm very interested in getting these when they are released but I do have some concerns and questions.

First, the ramsinks you are recommending is a no go here in the US. They are not available here. So as an alternative would these fit? http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=22612

Second, how much does the block extend out from the PCB? Some of the nonreference cards have a wider PCB. For example the ASUS ROG Matrix 580 GTX. Would there be enough clearance to to mount the bridge on the wider cards? It would really suck for someone to purchase these and find out that it will not work with the bridge due to this.

Thanks

Xtreme Member
    i wonder if the video cards stock ram heatsink cover still can be mounted using these GPU only block. see below this allow using stock heatsink too cool ram/mosfet + a fan to cool it
    tn.jpg

Xtreme Guru
    Devil_Dog: ones mentioned by you have 9mm height in specs. For these you'll probably have to dremel a bit off or bend pins sideways.
    From ppcs these look look like ones @EK's shop (but currently out of stock).
    These & these have height specified as less then 8.5mm, no clue how high are this, this, this and this.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiborrr View Post
    Thank you!

It is not covering any RAM, there is quite a gap in between, about 9.6mm!
    ^ this is why I asked. If there is that amount of space the ones I linked should work.

Devil_Dog: ones mentioned by you have 9mm height in specs. For these you'll probably have to dremel a bit off or bend pins sideways.
    From ppcs these look look like ones @EK's shop (but currently out of stock).
    They have been out of stock for a long time.

I looked at the other ones as well. It's hard to say but it looks like they may fit.

Xtreme Addict
    Really nice work, tiborrr!

-100c Club
    Thank you all!

@Devil Dog:
    Tiborr. These look great and I'm very interested in getting these when they are released but I do have some concerns and questions.

First, the ramsinks you are recommending is a no go here in the US. They are not available here. So as an alternative would these fit? http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=22612

Second, how much does the block extend out from the PCB? Some of the nonreference cards have a wider PCB. For example the ASUS ROG Matrix 580 GTX. Would there be enough clearance to to mount the bridge on the wider cards? It would really suck for someone to purchase these and find out that it will not work with the bridge due to this.
    These are all valid concerns. I'm affraid Enzotechs are a tad too high, I would recommend low profile heatsinks like Scythe's and Zalman's.

Regarding the width. This is designed with ASUS 580/570 DCII in mind (which has the same width as Matrix). There will be enough of a gap.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiborrr View Post
    Thank you all!

@Devil Dog:

These are all valid concerns. I'm affraid Enzotechs are a tad too high, I would recommend low profile heatsinks like Scythe's and Zalman's.

Regarding the width. This is designed with ASUS 580/570 DCII in mind (which has the same width as Matrix). There will be enough of a gap.
    Thanks tiborrr. Have any other pics? Internal, base of the block?

-100c Club
    The waterblock's internals are the same as EK-VGA Supreme HF. It sports the same metal base and jet plate. This is why user could just simply purchase Bridge Edition top only and replace the existing EK-VGA Supreme HF top. No need to purchase the whole waterblock if you already own the original version

Hope this picture helps:
    http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/bl...-hf-plexi.html

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast