Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EK-FC580 DCII for ASUS GeForce 570/580 GTX DirectCU II monster

-100c Club

Smile EK-FC580 DCII for ASUS GeForce 570/580 GTX DirectCU II monster

The most bad-ass LN2 performer - the ASUS GeForce 580 GTX DirectCU II - gets it's own full-cover waterblock for the times when the card is not running tripple digits cold Waterblock sports brass standoffs and is compatible with both 580- as well as 570 GTX graphics card (mounts with one less screw). It is a fairly high flow (low restriction) waterblock therefore it can be used with water cooling setups using weaker water pumps!

Hydraulic curve:

Heatload test (OCP disabled):

System:
    - AMD Athlon II X2 250@4093MHz, 1.525V/1.35Vnb - EK-Supreme HF waterblock
    - ASUS Crosshair V Formula - EK-FB ASUS Crosshair V waterblock
    - 2x2GB Elpida PSC memory (Exceleram E30104A)
    - 650W Corsair TX PSU
    - ASUS GeForce 580GTX DirectCU II - EK-FC580 DCII evaluation sample waterblock
    - Laing D5 Vario + EK X-TOP V2
    - EK-RAD CoolStream XT 360 + 3x120mm Yate Loon D12SL (1650rpm)
    - 12mm ID tubing + EK High Flow 12mm fittings

Measuring equipment:
    - Greisinger GTH 175/Pt, calibrated
    - Voltcraft IR-800 20D
    - Digmessa digital flow meter

Tgpu-max = 54°C
    TH2O-max = 38.9°C
    -----
    deltaT = 15.1°C

With this test setup the delta is around 15°C. The hottest part of the card measured with IR thermometer is ~ 55-56°C (PCB behind the MOSFETs).

Compatibility list:
    - http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/s...t?gpu_gpus=383
    - http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/s...t?gpu_gpus=378

Now... can't wait to put this baby under some 2-stage cascade tripple digit zero cold

Best Regards,
    Niko

Xtreme Member
    Nice!

Any chance of a block for the msi 6970 lightning? :p

Very interesting. Do you have temperature data on the same card with a chipset only type water block by any chance? I actually have the same card with an EK vga block on it, be interested in seeing what the various temperature differences between this FC block and a chip only block are.

-100c Club
    Hi ino,

I can try with the EK-VGA Supreme HF waterblock If I'd get around to. Hectic schedule...

Xtreme Member
    Would be a really nice extra is you supplied a double bracket instead of using a triple one.

Xtreme Member
    Is it just me or does it look like you didnt extend the inlets out far enough to let people do SLI. Looks like there's 1 inlet, and 1 outlet with no option to have an inlet/outlet on the back of the cards.
    MM H2gO - Win 7 Pro
    2 PA120.2 Thermochill
    MCP355 w/XSPC res top
    i5-2500k @ 5.0ghz w/Heatkiller 3.0
    Corsair HX850 - M IV Gene-z
    GTX 480 w/DD 480 ni/cu

-100c Club
    The only way to SLI this card is to use EK-FC Bridge system. Because of the width of this card we didn't go for four ports but rather for two (in and out). Even this way using EK-FC Bridge system this is some serious width and some narrower cases will have a tight fit.

@m_jones: We'll make a two-slot bracket and probably gonna bundle it with the block.

Xtreme Guru
    tiborrr: good news about bundled 2-slot bracket, as with original 3-slot one card after thin waterblock installment looks a bit .. ridiculous . You might also stamp EK logo on empty part with no video outputs.

-100c Club
    Churchy: Very good idea!

Xtreme Member
    Any plans for the ASUS Matrix GTX580?
    Last edited by Devil_Dog; 08-02-2011 at 10:19 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    So when this water block is going to be available for purchase?

-100c Club
    Sorry for my absence, I was on my vacation. The blocks should be available for purchase by the end of this week.

Best Regards,
    Niko

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil_Dog View Post
    Any plans for the ASUS Matrix GTX580?
    same question I want to ask
    SUCCESSFUL TRADE LIST RM600k+

^^ Malaysia's Overclocking Enthusiast Community Website ^^
    Find us at Facebook HERE

XS Successful Trades:
    G.Skill RipjawsZ 2400C9 4X4GB - sold to easegantini | G.Skill RipjawsX 2133C8 2X2GB - bought from Dumo | 2600K 57X - bought from newhit | 3770K 6750 - bought from Viss | 3770K 6750 - sold to Sniper | 3770K IMC 2800+ - bought from Dumo | G.Skill Pi 2200C7 - bought from websmile | 3770K IMC 2933+ - bought from Viss | DomGT 2kC7 3X2GB - sold to _AntLionBR_ | G.Skill Pi 2133C8 - bought from websmile | DomP 2800C11 - bought from Alex-Ro | Pi 2000C7 - bought from websmile | GTX4 + KVR 1333C9 - bought from TaPaKaH

-100c Club
    No, sorry, not for now.

Xtreme Member
    Tiborrr! I have a question! I happen to own 2 Geforce GTX 470 from PNY, non-reference and i wonder if you have any fullcover blocks that fits! This is how it looks like, ill try find picture of the naken card. The card is not overclocked from PNY it has standard clocks, it appears like its only an aftermarket cooler and boring looking blue PCB... hopefully
    Last edited by Kvickstick; 08-15-2011 at 10:32 AM.
    | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i7 3770K | 16GB G.Skill Sniper | Asus GeForce GTX Titan | 500GB Samsung 840 | Asus Xonar Essence STX | AOC G2460P 144Hz

-100c Club
    One cannot make any assumptions out of this picture. You need to provide 'naked' PCB photographs in order to tell anything. From the outside it looks a bit like the new GeForce 570 GTX PCB (also known as EVGA HD). Check this thread out: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...-570s-%28HD%29

But until you get to open the card, we won't know for sure.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiborrr View Post
    No, sorry, not for now.
    darn

I see they are on the site now, when will they be in stock and ready to ship?

Windows Vista X64 Ultimate, LiLan V2000
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition !
    DFI LP DK 790GX-M2RS, 4gig Mushkin Ascent 6400, 4gig Mushkin Redline 8000, Antec NEO Power 550 HE
    PCI'E BFG 9800GX2, Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
    WD Raptor 150 (OS Installed) - 500gig WD - 500gig Seagate - 320gig WD - 250gig WD

WC Loop (D5 pump - Swiftech Storm Rev2 - EK GVA Block - Black Ice Extreme 2 Radiator)

WC Loop (DD4 Pump - RBX - Bay Res - BIX)

Heatware ID

Quote Originally Posted by tiborrr View Post
    One cannot make any assumptions out of this picture. You need to provide 'naked' PCB photographs in order to tell anything. From the outside it looks a bit like the new GeForce 570 GTX PCB (also known as EVGA HD). Check this thread out: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...-570s-%28HD%29

But until you get to open the card, we won't know for sure.
    Hi,

Is it possible to run 3-way SLI with 3 of these http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/ek...-nickel-1.html together with this http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/ek...le-serial.html or maybe this (not sure yet) http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/ek...-parallel.html

Another question, will the original backplate that is supplied with card work together with the waterblock (?), if not, is it possible to order another backplate from (ex.) EK that is compatible with the card?

Thanks in advance!
    something

Xtreme Member
    @Tiborrr what fluid are you using in the pictures?
    Intel Q6600 L727A 3.2GHz (8*400 @ 1.35v)
    Asus Maximus Formula
    2X2gb Gskill DDRII-1000
    XFX 5870
    WD 150Gb Raptor and Maxtor 250Gb DiamondMax10
    2X Samsung DVD-RW DL SATA
    Silverstone OP850
    Thermalright Ultra 120 Xtreme (lapped)
    Thermaltake Armor
    thats it, and proud of it.
    Heatware: pby5cat

-100c Club
    Quote Originally Posted by hirsch View Post
    Hi,

Is it possible to run 3-way SLI with 3 of these http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/ek...-nickel-1.html together with this http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/ek...le-serial.html or maybe this (not sure yet) http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/ek...-parallel.html

Another question, will the original backplate that is supplied with card work together with the waterblock (?), if not, is it possible to order another backplate from (ex.) EK that is compatible with the card?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi hirsch,

1) yes, you can use EK-FC Link GeForce + EK-FC bridge system with EK-FC580 DCII. It's also possible to run 3-way or 4-way SLI if you use the enclosed 2-slot I/O bracket

*note this is raw backplate without zinc coat finish

2) no, the original backplate does not fit unfortunately due to it's mounting mechanism. We're already manufacturing the backplate for this card, it will be available in black anodized aluminium

@rcilling: They should be on stock already, maybe the stock counter hasn't refreshed itself yet

@pby5cat: EK EKoolant concentrate (supplied in EK H3O kits) + distilled water
    Last edited by tiborrr; 08-29-2011 at 12:11 AM.

Xtreme Guru
    Tiborr: huhuh, interesting to see some suggestions of mine to actually make it into iron
    Imho such i/o bracket would look even better in black .. but not all cases are black; it's easy enough to spray-paint by user himself; probably not much sense in making two separate versions.

-100c Club
    Zinc plated and mounted on EN580 DCII (this time mounted with EK-VGA Supreme HF).

The I/O bracket can be purchased separately as well:
    http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/ek...o-bracket.html

Xtreme Guru
    tiborrr: oh, universal gpu blocks .. please, consider making custom, much longer, tops with fullcover blocks style inlets above card's edge for them to be usuable with your SLI bridges as well .
    +Maybe little waterblock+different shape/length heatspreader plates for them to be usuable on miscellaneous mosfets on wide range of gpu cards, though that's not that high on list of things i'd love to see as one above. Such mini waterblocks imho should have low profile and integrated barbs, for easier SLI setup tubing .. also they might take water from optional extra inlets of custom tops mentioned above + be very universal because of different heatspreader plates. Something like made up together from Koolance's MVR-100/MVR-40 waterblocks & their heat spreader plates + Swiftech's Ramcool series but more flexible and universal. With such imho there will be no more need to go for hybrid liquid-air cooling with mini radiators or big heatsink + fan when card has hot power part, and it should result in universal/flexible enough.
    I easily envision people buying two universal gpu blocks, SLI block, two sets of such mini waterblocks (with precut heatspreader plates for two or three current popular cards, a little bit of small ID size tubing in set). For any new card series (including of non reference PCB) you'll just need to very easy and quickly measure/design/set simple metallic heatspreader plate set from simple metal plate. Imho much simpler and cheaper then to design & produce those big passive cooling heatsinks by Swiftech or full waterblocks in general.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ek-custom-top.jpg 
Views:	4225 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	119468
    Those mini barbs (probably for something like ID 1/4", to rob less flow from main gpu block's waterpath) should be integrated in blocks and in replacement universal block top for smaller size and at least on top side instead of plain barb have thread - so that they can work both as barb for tubing and thread to screw basic cap on if no mosfet waterblocks are used.
    Heatspreaders may be of whatever imaginable shape, even with teethed cutouts for protruding higher PCB elements or as angle, for two mosfet waterblocks sequence, to cool both ram & mosfets.
    Of course, black acetal block will look even better with black SLI block then transparent one i have quickly photochopped in pic
    Last edited by Church; 08-29-2011 at 11:24 AM.

-100c Club
    All of your ideas are not likely to be implemented but some of the things drawn on that paint image are already in the prototype phase

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast