Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Project: Elegance by .::NeO::.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Beautiful and wonderful job here. I really like how its come out, but could you take some time to explain how you got the sleeving into the sats connector? No heatshrink there from the looks of it..

Xtreme Member
    thanks guys, thanks everyone for the kind words!

@mav2000: no problem m8 . The sleeving is all from Bitfenix, its the Alchemy Cable Series, and it's different from the other brand because it have no heatshrinks. The sleeve is all the way down into the plug so you do not see any heatshrink in any cable . I don't know exactly how they are internally, but i think that here you can find more info about it http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/pr...lchemy-cables/ there are some videos on youtube also

anyway, here's another update for you guys, hope you like it

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Xtreme Member
    Thanks everyone for the kind comments

Another little update, faceplate finally in place!

sorry for the poor quality pics and for the fingerprints, i was in a rush. Hope you like it!

Xtreme Member
    I love the front panel. Really shaping up there!
    Watercooled Murdermod Silverstone TJ07
    Asus P8P67 Deluxe B3
    Intel Core i7 2600K
    8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600Mhz
    eVGA 480 GTX SLI
    8.5TB (1x Seagate 1TB 7200.12, 2x Hitachi 3TB, 1x Seagate 1.5TB 7200.11)
    Corsair AX1200 PSU All Custom Cables
    Westinghouse 24" 1920x1200
    Windows 7

Xtreme Member
    thank you SovietKitsch

here's a little close-up just to shou the cut and the paint job

Xtreme Member
    So, plexyglass is here, i have one sheet of red plexy that is mirror finish and one sheet of black plexy wich is rough on one side and mirror on the another. I enlighted them with a red light and the black one is way better. It gives me blood-red colour instead of the pinky-red that gives me the red one.

in the mean time, i've a new toy in my room: Samsung 3D LED TV UE32D6500

TV is going on the wall with some decent speaker (Bose Companion 3 or Creative Gigaworks T3, i've to decide on it) and cables are going to be hidden under the desk.

tomorrow i'm gonna drill and cut the plexy and waiting for the LEDs. Stay tuend

Xtreme Addict
    Scarface! :d :d

-pb
    -Project Sakura-
    Intel i7 860 @ 4.0Ghz, Asus Maximus III Formula, 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws X F3 (@ 1600Mhz), 2x GTX 295 Quad SLI
    2x 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 RAID 0, OCZ ZX 1000W, NZXT Phantom (Pink), Dell SX2210T Touch Screen, Windows 8.1 Pro

Koolance RP-401X2 1.1 (w/ Swiftech MCP35X), XSPC EX420, XSPC X-Flow 240, DT Sniper, EK-FC 295s (w/ RAM Blocks), Enzotech M3F Mosfet+NB/SB

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbagz View Post
    Scarface! :d :d

-pb
    yep! Scarface ftw

Xtreme Member

and a little video i made

YouTube - Project Elegance - TJ07 Faceplate Test

Xtreme Addict
    wow! very interesting log!
    love your style!

question: the front plate, laser or waterjet?

i thought alum yielded better results with waterjet...

just curious!

also, are you doing anything to "seal" the fibers on the pre-sleeved sata cables? they look like the standard shoe lace and those filaments may, over time, fray and be a source for dust/lint...
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times challenge and controversy."
    Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

DIY: Self Clinching Nuts

Canon EOS 7D | Tokina 12-24mm f/4 | Canon EF 24-105 f/4 L | Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS Mk II | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6 L

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kinghong1970 View Post
    wow! very interesting log!
    love your style!

question: the front plate, laser or waterjet?

i thought alum yielded better results with waterjet...

just curious!

also, are you doing anything to "seal" the fibers on the pre-sleeved sata cables? they look like the standard shoe lace and those filaments may, over time, fray and be a source for dust/lint...
    thanks for the kind words m8,

the front plate is laser, i know alum is lighter and better looking and with waterjet you can achieve perfect result, but i've had a really good price for steel + laser cut so i ended up with steel

no problem m8! glad you posted here

Xtreme Member
    little tease

Xtreme Member
    small update:

just moved my plexy from the outside to the inside and tried to hide the screw the best way i could... I think it looks pretty good

*excuse the poor pics quality*

meanwile, i'm waiting the EK 240 RAD to come back in stock

Xtreme Member
    nice work, although often seen I still really like the TJ07!!

Xtreme Member
    little update of what i'm working on atm

Xtreme Recruit
    Solid Works, that's hardcore modding!!

Really nice project you got there!
    Lian Li PC-P80 Powder Coated Black | i7 920 @ 4.0GHz | EVGA 580 GTX | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | Corsair Dominator 6Gb | Corsair HX850W | Intel X25-M G2 80GB | Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB | MDPC White Sleeve

Water cooling: Aquastream XT Ultra | XSPC RX360 | Heat Killer CPU Rev. 3.0 LT | EK Water Blocks 580 GTX | EK-FB RE2 NB/SB Nickel | EK Multioption Res 150

^^-Virgin Suicide Project - Liquid cooled Lian Li P80-^^

Xtreme Member
    ok guys, i need help.

first of all: i've ordered a EVGA GTX 570, s/n: 012-P3-1570-KR ... it should be the reference standard version, as i checked that s/n on the EVGA website.

then i made an order from aquatuning for the following watercooling parts that are going to be my rev. 2 of the loop used in this worklog:

1 x EK Water Blocks EK-FC580 GTX - Acetal+Nickel EN 94,78 €*
    1 x EK Water Blocks EK-FC580 GTX Backplate - Black 24,19 €*
    1 x Phobya Noise Destructor v.1 6,04 €*
    4 x EK Water Blocks EK-PSC 16/12mm compression fitting G1/4 (ID 7/16) 4,43 €*
    1 x EK Water Blocks EK-CoolStream RAD XT 240 48,29 €*
    1 x Phobya Stand 2x120mm - Black 16,12 €*
    5 x Fractal Design Fan Silent Series 120mm retail ( 120x120x25mm) 8,97 €*
    1 x Phobya 4Pin Molex auf 6x 3Pin Splitter 4,02 €*
    1 x FlexLight Dip Leds - 24x 4mm Leds Rot - 25cm lang - mit Anschl 7,97 €*

Sub-Total: 263,98 €*
    SDA Express Courier (Free shipping!): 0,00 €*
    incl. UST 20%: 44,00 €*
    Total: 263,98 €*

question is:

for the gpu waterblock: i searched for a GTX 570 waterblock and i only found GTX 580 waterblock, so this lead me to think that GTX 570 share the same PCB as the GTX 580. Is this also valid for the backplate? Because i've ordered a GTX 580 backplate but i'm not sure if even the GTX 580 backplate is compatible with GTX 570.

plus: i've found EK GTX 580 FC-GW ... what "GW" stands for? is a newer GTX 580/570 waterblock? Are GW waterblock compatible with reference GTX580/570 ?

another thing: i also bought Phobya 4Pin Molex to 6x 3Pin Splitter, so i can connect all the radiators fan on one device. Question is: can i also connect a 25cm FlexLight on this device or it's too much power? I mean, what's the max watt limit of this splitter? Also, anyoune tried it? Does it last for a while or it breaks in like one week?

Sorry for my english and all this questions, and thanks in advance.

.::NeO::.

Quote Originally Posted by .::NeO::. View Post
    for the gpu waterblock: i searched for a GTX 570 waterblock and i only found GTX 580 waterblock, so this lead me to think that GTX 570 share the same PCB as the GTX 580. Is this also valid for the backplate? Because i've ordered a GTX 580 backplate but i'm not sure if even the GTX 580 backplate is compatible with GTX 570.
    I think this looks fairly same as your card: http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/s...t?gpu_gpus=455 but as you notice the last 2 letters are different. I tried to google the difference on these cards but didn't really find it. At least not right away, so I gave up.

Back plate seems to fit and if that block is actually GTX+ (it doesn't state that + sign in your post) then I think everything will fit nicely.

OVERCLOCKAHOLICS
    Not a fan of the pics style and notes but overall great and awesome build.

Xtreme Member
    hi guys, sorry for the delay, got a bit of problems in the past two weeks but now i'm ok and ready to update this thread.

So... GTX 570 is in da house, as well as a Thermaltake eSports Challenger Pro Gaming Keyboard that i ordered to replace my crappy SideWinder X6.

here are some pics.

also, aquatuning is shipping from germany to italy today. So, tomorrow my second loop will be home yay!

here's some pics, enjoy. P.S. keyboard has a fan that can be placed in the top right or top left corner so it can cool your hand when you are gaming. Is pretty silent and it cools well too

I also changed the way i post update to the standard images and comments, so it should be easier to read

Xtreme Member
    so guys, i finally managed to put my hands on the new stuff i recived from aquatuning. i installed the EK fullcover block for my GTX570 and it looks a lot better now in my opinion.

here are some pics

as you can see i'm gonna also use the Phobya 4pin to 3x6pin splitter to connect my new fans, pump and flexlight in a much more orderly way.

i have a question:

does EK GTX 570/580 full cover block have an orientation for IN and OUT holes?

thanks in advance

.::NeO::.

Xtreme Guru
    I'd say that for gpu waterblocks orientation doesn't matter, as there design wise water just flows by, there is no concentrated flow right above core using jetplate as in cpu waterblocks (thus at those it does matter, and middle inlet should be used for .. well, inlet ). So attach tubing however you find simpler/with less 90deg fittings/tight bends.

Xtreme Member
    thanks churchy, then i'm gonna use the best IN/OUT waterblock orientation for my TJ07.

my loop is going to be:

res --> pump --> 360 --> 240 --> gpu --> cpu --> motherboard --> res

Xtreme Member
    Very, very nice. Stylish!

Xtreme Member
    thanks fr0wn3r

update time!

UPER ZONE:

LIGHTS ON:

more pics soon as i finish the Rev.2

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast