Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW: aquaero 5 series

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Few questons are still unclear for me.

1) how to link AE and PA?

AE has two 4-pin connectors aquabus

and PA has one (or two?) 3-pin connectors

Do I need special cable or I may make it myself from common fan cable?

2) How to connect two PAs and AE? PA no.2 connect to PA no.1, and PA no.1 connect to AE?

3) If I have flow and temp sensors connected to PA no.1, will it be seen as common sensors in aquaero, so I could program PA no. 2 depending of sensors connected to PA no.1?
    ooh! ooh! ooh! I know this one!
    The PA's ship with the aquabus cables as does the AE5.
    Waiting anxiously for my fully configured AE5 with 6 PA2s to arrive too and I had to ask such questions already.
    And Yes they all connect in series and all sensors are seen as an extension of the AE.

I am Intel of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Borg Homeworld - Blog
    i7 3930k @ 5Ghz AC Kryos Silver - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 4 way SLI 3GB GTX 580-UD @ 1000/2200 - 16GB Corsair GT DDR3-2000 RAM - 4 x GTX 360 rads w/ 24 x CM push-pull fans & shrouds - Aquaero 5 XT controller, 6 PA2 Ultras - 2 Flow meters - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Horizon XL-ATX Case - 2 x Koolance 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 pumps - 3 x 24" Acer H243H Surround LCD

Engineering The Xtreme
    This is an amazing controller system, so far ahead of the older AC aquero's, Bravo guys for making such a comprehensive monitoring system as well.

Xtreme Guru
    Yes, better, yes, ahead of it. But i still wish to cite Jeremy Clarkson: "MORE POWERRR!" , at least for stock/without extra PAs variants. I'm still planning to buy one though, as overall new features and alike outweight shortcomings.

Aqua Computer Rep
    To link the PA2 with AE5 you only need a 3-pin cable which already comes with the PA2. AE5 does not come with such a cable.

The PA2 controller has two aquabus connectors. So if you want to add a second PA2 you can connect it to the first controller or you use a y-adapter on the AE5. It does not matter how you connect them since this is a real bus system.

Sensors which are attached to the PA2 controllers are also available for AE5.
    Got a question or having a problem with your Aqua Computer product?
    Contact us via PM or E-Mail.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    To link the PA2 with AE5 you only need a 3-pin cable which already comes with the PA2. AE5 does not come with such a cable.

The PA2 controller has two aquabus connectors. So if you want to add a second PA2 you can connect it to the first controller or you use a y-adapter on the AE5. It does not matter how you connect them since this is a real bus system.

Sensors which are attached to the PA2 controllers are also available for AE5.
    And it will all be ready "some day" in April.

John

Aqua Computer Rep
    Current time line is to start the delivery of XT and PRO variant next week. The aquasuite 2012 will follow in April so LT users will also have to wait for it.

Xtreme Batrachian
    Current time line is to start the delivery of XT and PRO variant next week ..snip...
    Quote Originally Posted by fart_plume View Post
    First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Great! Such integration between AE and PA is real step forward

And regarding AE cooling, does Pro come without heatsink? How hot it may be with 10 Scythes GT 1850?

Running DDC 10W on PA2 I have 'electronic temperature' over 50C, but it has heatsink at least. 10 Scythe's GT are near 9W, what temp is expected in AE?
    Will it be safe to use AE5 in a bay with no air ventilation and without heatsink?

Thx

Intel Xeon W3520 4200MHz HT
    Foxconn Bloodrage
    3x2Gb Patriot Viper II DDR3-1600 6-6-6-16
    MSI GTX480 M2D15 850/1700/2000
    Samsung F1 1TB
    Corsair TX950W
    Stacker 832 w/ Dual Loop Watercooling aka *Bong Build*
    NEC 2690WUXi
    Loop 1: Laing DDC1-T -> Watercool HK 3.0 LT -> Thermochill PA120.3 -> Bloodrage NB -> EK Res 150
    Loop 2: Laing DDC1-T -> EK-FC GTX480 -> Thermochill PA120.2 -> EK Res 150

*New* CM 690 II Advanced Watercooled

*Coming soon* Stacker 832 Rebirth!

Aqua Computer Rep
    The PRO variant has no heatsink but of course you can get the passive or water cooler as an option from the shop.

Temperature should be pretty much the same with the fans.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    How hot it may be with 10 Scythes GT 1850?
    This is going to depend on how slow you try to make them run. If it's 8-9V, it'll be a fair bit cooler than if you try to run them @ 4-5V. The slower you try to run a load source (fan or pump) on a analog controller, the hotter the controller will run.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    This is going to depend on how slow you try to make them run. If it's 8-9V, it'll be a fair bit cooler than if you try to run them @ 4-5V. The slower you try to run a load source (fan or pump) on a analog controller, the hotter the controller will run.
    (Unless it's PWM)

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by m0r7if3r View Post
    (Unless it's PWM)
    I did specify analog.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    I did specify analog.
    I know, but for some analogue doesn't immediately imply not-PWM...I figured it was at least worth noting

Hey Shoggy I placed an order for an xt and a lt to ship the the usa will they wait till the lt is ready before they ship? Also I currently use a Anemometer to measure the flow through my radiators its located here http://shop.moderndevice.com/products/wind-sensor Would it be possbile to interface this to the Aquaero, maybe even use a I2C interface? I currently use it with an arduino, I know a software change would be required, but either way you guys should consider adding a device like this at a later time. It would be great to be able to graph out CFM with temp, fan speed ect ;-)

Current time line is to start the delivery of XT and PRO variant next week. The aquasuite 2012 will follow in April so LT users will also have to wait for it.
    good to hear that Shoggy.

Xtreme Batrachian
    @Shoggy:

Any chance of getting hold of the manual for the AE5 if you're not expecting to ship today/tomorrow?

That way I can work out what am I going to put where this weekend, complete the re-build with the AE4 and then just unplug it and plug the AE5 when it arrives.

Thanks
    First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Shoggy,

Just stumbled across this thread - as an Aquaero 4 user I'm interested to see the latest development but have a couple of questions also:

Are there any plans to offer a better display as an option? (the VFD display option on the Aquaero 4 provided far better visibility than backlit LCD, so something like AMOLED would seem an excellent upgrade for the 5).

Can the faceplate be removed/replaced with a custom anodised version? (for those with anodised cases who want matching faceplates).

Will there be a version of Aquasuite that does not require .NET Framework installed? (I refuse to have this on my system due to the >1MB of junk it adds to the Registry).

Thanks!

Aqua Computer Rep
    @kaytaro: no idea how we will handle the LT variant. Maybe we will ship that anyway with the other controllers but of course it would be useless for the dealers to sell them since there is no software to configure it. I have no idea if you can use the mentioned sensor with the aquaero. If it does not use any regular data output like a fan or flow meter you will not be able to use ist.

@MrToad: the manual is not yet available.

@AstralWanderer: There will be no other display available. As mentioned before it is a custom made display and we only get a fair price when we take larger amounts of it. Offering different displays type would increase the overall costs for every variant. Also the space is very limited and besides the display itself we need some other ICs on the same PCB which makes it even more complicated. Well, don't expect so don't expect to see other displays for it - if any they will take a long time and will be VERY expensive.

Of course the front cover can be exchanged since we already offer other covers.

aquasuite 2012 will be based on .NET Framework 4.0. There will be no other variant available.

For someone who is still relatively new to the 'advanced' fan controllers out there, how would a plain jane variable speed MCP-655 end up being attached to an aquaero unit like these? I see a spot for a molex plugin on the PCB, but that's for power in to the unit itself. I'm assuming I'd have to wire the molex end of the 655 into something else that would plug into a different style socket, but I feel like there is something obvious I'm overlooking.

Xtreme Batrachian
    @MrToad: the manual is not yet available.

Oh well, I'll set it up the best I can taking guidance from the pictures you've published and hope for the best.

Aqua Computer Rep
    @XiraN: you would need an adapter. Something like that:

(from our webshop)

I am Xtreme
    Shoggy .... Any more word on shipments this week? Will we receive a tracking number via email?

Thanks,
    John

Aqua Computer Rep
    We try to ship the first XT and PRO units on Friday but only to customers in Germany. Since their parcels will arrive on Saturday we will already have some feedback over the weekend so we can fix problems/bugs on Monday to have a newer firmware for the next shipment and so on.

Likely that all XT and PRO units will be shipped during the next week.

LT will take a bit longer.

4pin molex to 3pin fan, what I thought. Thanks.

Ω
    We try to ship the first XT and PRO units on Friday but only to customers in Germany. Since their parcels will arrive on Saturday we will already have some feedback over the weekend so we can fix problems/bugs on Monday to have a newer firmware for the next shipment and so on.

Likely that all XT and PRO units will be shipped during the next week.

LT will take a bit longer.
    While I can understand your intentions on that, you guys should realistically ship them in the order that they were placed. I'm sure many enthusiast like myself are itching to get their hands on the new shiny toy they paid for

All in all I'm glad that a not all companies have not strayed from releasing a well tested and stable product whether it be software or hardware, so kudos to you guys on that
    Ω Raven Build Blog

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
    " Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" - In times of war, the law falls silent.

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast