Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Koolance *Dual DDC* Bay Reservoir! (RP-402X2)

I am Xtreme

New Koolance *Dual DDC* Bay Reservoir! (RP-402X2)

For you DDC users, we've now announced a version similar to our latest dual D-5 reservoir (the thread for that model is here).

The RP-402X2 is similar to our earlier RP-450X2 for D-5's, and I'll bullet-point the key differences after that:

Easily combine Koolance's compact high pressure pumps into dual or serial/redundant loops! RP-402X2 is a dual 5.25" bay reservoir designed for one or two Koolance PMP-400 pumps (not included). Using a convenient side plug, the front reservoirs can be separated or combined without disassembling the unit. Both front and top fill ports are available for each reservoir.

Key differences vs. last model:
    • Obviously, this one's for DDC pumps instead of the D-5.
    • The two reservoirs in front can be left completely separated or combined into one tank. This allows either dual/parallel or serial REDUNDANT loops.
    • We've added a side plug that allows the reservoirs to be combined or separated without disassembling the unit. There's a picture of this below.
    • Front (black) fill ports! There's still top fill ports for each reservoir as well.
    • Lots of distance between rear nozzle sockets for better support of 3rd-party fittings.
    • To assist with loop-backs on the rear of the product, we will be releasing some new sliding 180º connection nozzles soon.
    • This was added into the RP-450X2 later in its production, but we've kept the front printing on the RP-402X2 smaller and less obtrusive.

Materials are the same, solid acetal with acrylic/aluminum bezel, nickel-plated brass fittings and EPDM o-rings. We'll also be selling a silver aluminum bezel for this model.

Ok, on to the pictures:

This shows the side plug extending into both reservoirs to keep them separate. Another plug is included with the unit that just caps the outside, which combines them. This piece is larger than G 1/4 to keep the joining path as wide as possible.

Tim

I am Xtreme
    Will the HTS-PMP400 heatsinks fit or would they prevent the RP-402X2 from fitting properly in the 5.25" bays?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Will the HTS-PMP400 heatsinks fit or would they prevent the RP-402X2 from fitting properly in the 5.25" bays?
    I think the mounting tabs on the heat sink will prevent using it.

@Tim

This is flippin' sweet
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

That looks absolutely AMAZING!

Never go full retard

crap, I need to get the RP-450X2 data published already.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Unfortunately, there were issues placing the pumps closer together in this orientation so we couldn't provide enough space for the extra heat sinks. We're still looking into alternatives.

Tim

Xtreme Member
    this looks good, but is it going to be in the same price region as the previous D5 res?

cheers.
    Define R3 Hydr0 -- Bulldozer, MSI 990FXA, HD 6870, 16gb Crucial Ballistic, Define R3 Black Pearl - Completed -
    GIGABYTE Acrylic -- Piledriver, ASRock 990FX, HD 7850, 16gb Crucial Ballistic, GIGABYTE Acyrlic Show Casel - Under Construction -

I am Xtreme

Xtreme Guru
    Oh, more watercooling :banana::banana::banana::banana:
    Koolance: why you haven't released such product half a year ago? Makes me regret buying conventional tube res
    Seems just about anything users wished/asked for in previous restop thread implemented. Hats off
    - Both DDC/D5 variants
    - Possibility to run with single pump
    - Serial or parallel by user choice
    - Front fill ports
    - Big fittings compatibility
    - Mmm, those looks!
    Last edited by Church; 01-13-2011 at 11:51 AM.

Xtreme Member
    I guess two 35X will also be compatible?
    Just making sure

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Defoler View Post
    I guess two 35X will also be compatible?
    Just making sure
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Super awesome
    Cheers.

Xtreme Guru
    Hmm. Looking it closer i see tiny problem. - It doesn't look like DDCs by other vendors (well, except MCP35X by swiftech) can be used, at least with stock casing with mounting "legs" unmodified. Of course, those can be simply sawn/filed off (probably just one removed is enough), and PMP-400 is not much more expensive then other 3.25.
    Last edited by Church; 01-13-2011 at 11:57 AM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    Hmm. Looking it closer i see tiny problem. - It doesn't look like DDCs by other vendors (well, except MCP35X by swiftech) can be used, at least with stock casing with mounting "legs" unmodified. Of course, those can be simply sawn/filed off (probably just one removed is enough), and PMP-400 is not much more expensive then other 3.25.
    Ah, you're right. We order it without the feet, which are actually just cut off. Should be really easy for other versions of the DDC.

Tim

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post

crap, I need to get the RP-450X2 data published already.
    yes please
    can you compare it to the one with the "visor" ?
    @TIM..great looking RES definitely man's toy
    Last edited by coolhandluke41; 01-13-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Man, that's just plain sexy.......
    X299X Aorus Master
    I9 10920x
    32gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-4000
    EVGA 2070 Super x2
    Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
    4 512gb Silicon Power NVME
    4 480 Adata SSD
    2 1tb HGST 7200rpm 2.5 drives
    X-Fi Titanium
    1200 watt Lepa
    Custom water-cooled View 51TG

Xtreme Member
    I love the design <3

Xtreme Enthusiast
    looks awesome
    @Tim can i mount it facing upwards ? using the two ports on the front as fill-ports?

Never go full retard
    Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluke41 View Post
    yes please
    can you compare it to the one with the "visor" ?
    Visor?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    Visor?
    DD Monsoon

Never go full retard

Xtreme Guru
    Koolance: if it's not too hard, you can design some minor .1 or "b" revision of it with cutout(-s?) for those legs. I doubt it will affect selling of these variants, as that flaw really is of little importance and anyone can cut off legs from existing pumps or buy for new builds pumps without them in first place, and all the rest features/improvements are 99% already there in current version aswell.
    BTW, was it hard to design in ability to switch from serial to parallel? I somehow guesstimated initially that it would overly complex design/rise price of product, but you have kept pricing same

I am Xtreme
    I was looking at the unit after you mentioned DDC with feet. In order to do that, the unit would have to be longer or else have a foot sticking down or back from the unit (in which case the other foot would overlap one of the drive bay point points). I think it might be easier just to offer spare plastic pump bases for those who don't want to cut their own. I'm checking into some options now.

Tim

Xtreme Mentor
    Wow!! That is awesome Tim! Looks like you have another winner here. Too bad I just sold off my PMP400 pumps.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Guru
    Tim: hmm, i didn't think of spare plastic casing, but after you mentioned it - imho it would be best to sell them optionally. But as many are cheapskates, probably there will be almost no buyers. But it's good to have option for piece of mind of those 1/1000, that wish to use existing DDCs with this restop, yet are scared to cut legs from original casings by themselves (and i don't think number will be higher of such people unwilling to do such simple "mod". After all, most LC builds involve much more extreme modifications to case - so don't make mistake in making many of these spares )
    BTW, there is also option to sell casing of unfixable anymore RMA-ed PMP-400s as such spares. I doubt many buyers for such spares, so even if you have very little number of them - it still might do, without designing anything new.
    Last edited by Church; 01-13-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast