Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: New Koolance *Dual D-5* Bay Reservoir! (RP-450X2)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Honestly I think standardized mounting is about as far as it should go. Which we have in g1/4 and 15mm. If there was a standard for everything in WC you know how long inovation would take ?

It'd be as bad or worst then communication standards such as usb or wifi. Every change would bring the battles of who had the better solution.

I perfer to see inovation and vote with my wallet on what I like better.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

Don't bring the T3 war into this thread. We know it sucks. Still haven't bit the bullet on this res though. Very tempting though

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    They have to weight extra income from selling batches of their offerings to lost oportunities for multi vendor component builds. Each has found his own answer on this issue probably.
    Eg. even though i might consider buying just 4 CF's of koolance's for such res, i won't, as i'm aiming for all black build (using BP's black matte finish CFs) and Koolance doesn't sell black fittings like BP/Enzotech/EK.
    Do these help you out?

http://www.jab-tech.com/Bitspower-G1...5-pr-4702.html
    Desktop
    [Asus Rampage III Gene] [i7 920 D0] [12GB OCZ3B2000C9LV6GK] [HIS HD 5970] [SeaSonic X750 Gold ] [Windows 7 (64bit)] [OCZ Vertex 30GB x3 Raid0] [Koolance CPU 360] [XSPC Razer 5970] [TFC 360 rad, D5 w/ Koolance RP-450X2]
    HTPC
    [Origen AE S10V] [MSI H57M-ED65] [ i5-661 w/ Scythe Big Shuriken] [Kingston HyperX LoVo 4GB ] [ SeaSonic X650 Gold ] [ OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD ] [ SAMSUNG Spinpoint 640GB 7200 RPM 2.5"][Panasonic UJ-225 Blu-ray Slot Burner] [ Ceton InfiniTV4]

Huhh? I letting myself get confused with your post.

Excuse me but whats the gain of running two pumps back to back in the same loop. Two pumps running at X gpm will not do anything for GPM gain.

GPM is GPM no matter how many pumps you series...correct?

Why wouldn't this run two separate loops?

Quote Originally Posted by Toolius View Post
    Just a quick question guys
    Will the following setup work ? Using 2 pumps but for 1 loop only.

Cheers and kind regards
    Asus Rampage Extreme 0801~NB Swiftech block
    Intel Quad Core Q9650 @ 4.05GHz/1.3625v~Swiftech Apogee block
    Saphire 4870x2 version 8.12~EF full block
    2xKingston 2gig 1600MHz @1350MHz
    2xWD 300gig Raptors in Raid 0
    1xWD 1TB~back-up and storage
    Zalman 1000HP/Antec 1200
    Fessor 120mm quad rad w/Swiftech pump
    Dell 30" 3007WFPHC @2650x1600 rez
    Logitech 5.1 surround w/Logiteck G5 mouse w/Saitek keyboard

...so, what does this statement say about single pump single
    loop systems?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    that is a recipe for disaster and a dumb way to run a system, IHMO.
    My friend has been running three separate
    loops (cpu, NB, GPU) for almost 3 years now.
    3 Pumps.
    Asus Rampage Extreme 0801~NB Swiftech block
    Intel Quad Core Q9650 @ 4.05GHz/1.3625v~Swiftech Apogee block
    Saphire 4870x2 version 8.12~EF full block
    2xKingston 2gig 1600MHz @1350MHz
    2xWD 300gig Raptors in Raid 0
    1xWD 1TB~back-up and storage
    Zalman 1000HP/Antec 1200
    Fessor 120mm quad rad w/Swiftech pump
    Dell 30" 3007WFPHC @2650x1600 rez
    Logitech 5.1 surround w/Logiteck G5 mouse w/Saitek keyboard

fitting width

According to the mechanical drawings, the koolance 1/2"ID compression fitting (in skinnee photo) is the same width as the Enzotech 1/2"ID compression fitting (25.00mm). So you should be fine ordering the black enzotech fittings. I'll be ordering 4 at a low priority.

It sure is a close fit for the koolance 1/2"ID compression fittings. I wonder if the threaded ports were shifted later in production to accomodate that -- if you look at some of the photos, you'll notice the threaded ports are offset slightly relative to the center of the flow channels.

They have to weight extra income from selling batches of their offerings to lost oportunities for multi vendor component builds. Each has found his own answer on this issue probably.
    Eg. even though i might consider buying just 4 CF's of koolance's for such res, i won't, as i'm aiming for all black build (using BP's black matte finish CFs) and Koolance doesn't sell black fittings like BP/Enzotech/EK.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by coolmiester View Post
    I know you were a massive supporter of the T3 so responsible for a lot of folk wasting their money on the back of your recomendadion so thought you would have been behind a bit of trial and testing
    Are you realy realy shure about this and that you are not mistakening me with someone else?
    I might have commented something in T3 thread aswell, i'm too lazy to seek out all my previous posts, i'm guessing probably something in support of geno design, who wasn't responsible in my eyes about horrid implementation primochill fscked up with which too many started to bash him for, but in general i got into liquid cooling too recently to be actually at the original roots of T3 hype and advising it for use by others.
    I also never been involved in any designing/trial testing of any components except few comments/ideas or PMs from user point of view when someone started idea-storming for new products.
    So it's a bit hard to get why suddenly i was massive supporter of T3 and why I am responsible?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by keithallenlaw View Post
    Huhh? I letting myself get confused with your post.

Excuse me but whats the gain of running two pumps back to back in the same loop. Two pumps running at X gpm will not do anything for GPM gain.

GPM is GPM no matter how many pumps you series...correct?

Why wouldn't this run two separate loops?
    If you set it up like that with a shared res, one of the pumps will just recirculate water within the res. I can see a nice use for a shared res where one loop is dedicated to the radiators and the others to the blocks. There are other ways too, but that seems like the best way to take advantage of this type of configuration.
    upgrading...

I am Xtreme
    This product isn't intended to be controversial. The RP-450X2 is what it is. It's intended to run either a single pump, or else two pumps in parallel loops, and combines that conveniently into dual 5.25" bays. We're not marketing it for serial pump setups or redundancy. (Those applications might be a future product.)

We don't actively test clearance with other fittings. It's not that we're trying to make a killing on ours... sales of 3/4" OD compressions is not something we spend a great deal of time worrying about. I realize that some brands might need a couple more millimeters, and we'll try to make more space for them in the future. We were happy just to get two D-5's and a reservoir fitting within this space, let alone with our own 3/4" OD compressions.

There have been no changes to nozzle location on RP-450X2 since launch. Some alternatives could be to use hose barbs, our 3/4" OD compressions, or an angled swivel or fitting offset... or skip PU/Tygon and go with PVC 5/8" OD x 1/2" ID which kinks less with the thinner walls.

at least stand the rigors of at least a few veterans before it warrants the branding .
    Let me know where this veteran's qualification list is because I think we may already have a few. On branding, I don't disagree if it's annoying or obtrusive. It can detract from the product, and I don't want everything I buy to be a billboard. In my opinion, this specific logo should be darker when painted on black-- the white's a little bright. Paint can be changed in future batches.

Overall, I think the logo is still quite small compared to the total size of the reservoir or when mounted into a computer. If we were going all out, we could have etched our logo across the entire reservoir and embedded flashing LED's, with a little audio circuit that screamed "KOOLANNNNNCCCCEEEE!!!!!" during each boot . Customers can naturally do whatever they wish to their own bezels. We'll most likely have bezels available for separate purchase later on, too.

Tim

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolance View Post

If we were going all out, we could have etched our logo across the entire reservoir and embedded flashing LED's, with a little audio circuit that screamed "KOOLANNNNNCCCCEEEE!!!!!" during each boot .

Tim
    Is is bad that i like this idea?

MagisD

Xtreme Addict
    If we were going all out, we could have etched our logo across the entire reservoir and embedded flashing LED's, with a little audio circuit that screamed "KOOLANNNNNCCCCEEEE!!!!!" during each boot .

Tim
    You come here on Xtremesystems and dangle the mediocre one in front of us and letting us know you could have went 'all out' and did not....Pfffft I for one am not impressed and would only want the one that screams "KOOLANNNNNCCCCEEEE!!!!!" with all the LED's flashing and brings you cold beer when gaming.

Xtreme Addict
    This product isn't intended to be controversial.
    LOL yeah right

Let me know where this veteran's qualification list is because I think we may already have a few.
    Sounds like you have a few imposters. Surely a focus group is exactly that and should test the thing inside out including fittings from other manufacturers..........i know i would of and it didn't take long for a couple of guys one here to either

Great job Tim

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadasius View Post
    You come here on Xtremesystems and dangle the mediocre one in front of us and letting us know you could have went 'all out' and did not....Pfffft I for one am not impressed and would only want the one that screams "KOOLANNNNNCCCCEEEE!!!!!" with all the LED's flashing and brings you cold beer when gaming.
    Bring me beer, I would expect it to pour it down my throat.

If we were going all out, I would expect there to be voice recognition and a full bar with at least 6 different kegs on tap.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadasius View Post
    Pfffft I for one am not impressed and would only want the one that screams "KOOLANNNNNCCCCEEEE!!!!!" with all the LED's flashing and brings you cold beer when gaming.
    This would likely drive many of us insane (not the beer part).

Tim

Xtreme Addict
    This would likely drive many of us insane (not the beer part).

Tim
    You know Tim....That is a very short trip for some of us.

Oh and I like millertime359's idea and think it should be implemented immediately!
    Last edited by Sadasius; 10-13-2010 at 03:15 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Sounds like you have a few imposters.
    Ah, I was referring to members and admins on XS that have used other Koolance products.

In this situation, more room for nozzles and easy on the branding.

Tim

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I think that's a little much may save it for revision 2.

I'd be happy with the bling and a split res with chillers. Wc loop one side, beer Keg loop on the other.

MagisD

I am starting to think that if you just started selling beer and coolers you would make more money with this crowd.
    Last edited by Tyranie909; 10-14-2010 at 04:12 AM.

[IMG][/IMG]

Love it! looks like an engineering masterpiece right out of the box, been limping along with a leak for 6 months with the t3. Hopefully Koolance can sell a faceplate with one front fillport like the t3 and a plain black bezel. Anyone know how i can remove the logo without harming the finish?

Xtreme Guru
    I would also move it to the top.

Xtreme Addict
    I would also move it to the top.
    Agreed, i don't know why but it definitely belongs to the top

white writings are killing it tho'.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I just installed my RP-450X2 today. It's currently leak testing, bleeding air. One thing I don't like about it is fillport locations for bleeding. It has 2 ports on the top, but if mounted in the bay they aren't accessible. If you have your hoses with very little slack in them, sliding out the res to access the fill ports won't work either.

I put a T line to one of the unused top ports in the back, but it won't fill up all the way cause of the location of the port in the back doesn't go to highest level in the res. So there is a big pocket of air in the top portion of the res that will never fill up.

It seems the only way to fill the res completely is to use the 2 top ports.

If it had 2 ports on the face of it, you could just rotate your case 90 degress so the front is facing up, and you would be able to fill it completely (like the T3).

edit: I got the res to fully fill by tilting the front toward ground will raising my T line connected to the back of the res (so it's forcing the water in the line into the back via gravity). Would be easier with front fill ports though.
    Last edited by Diverge; 10-19-2010 at 08:11 PM.
    Desktop
    [Asus Rampage III Gene] [i7 920 D0] [12GB OCZ3B2000C9LV6GK] [HIS HD 5970] [SeaSonic X750 Gold ] [Windows 7 (64bit)] [OCZ Vertex 30GB x3 Raid0] [Koolance CPU 360] [XSPC Razer 5970] [TFC 360 rad, D5 w/ Koolance RP-450X2]
    HTPC
    [Origen AE S10V] [MSI H57M-ED65] [ i5-661 w/ Scythe Big Shuriken] [Kingston HyperX LoVo 4GB ] [ SeaSonic X650 Gold ] [ OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD ] [ SAMSUNG Spinpoint 640GB 7200 RPM 2.5"][Panasonic UJ-225 Blu-ray Slot Burner] [ Ceton InfiniTV4]

yeah my thoughts exactly, perhaps they can sell an acrylic piece with one fillport tapped to make it an easy fix

Quote Originally Posted by Diverge View Post

If it had 2 ports on the face of it, you could just rotate your case 90 degress so the front is facing up, and you would be able to fill it completely (like the T3).

how big are the treads on top? Possible to run a barb to a fill port to the top of the case?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranie909 View Post
    how big are the treads on top? Possible to run a barb to a fill port to the top of the case?
    I'm pretty sure you can put a barb on it, if you have a free bay slot above your res. I can't do that, as I only have 4 bays slots total. 2 are for res, 1 for aquaero, and other one if for 4 x SSD enclosure.
    Desktop
    HTPC

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast