Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: LittleDevil's PC case with integrated Phase Change and Watercooling

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxtom View Post
    LD haven't you thought about changing the top of the case to fit 3x 140 and be able to mount 3x 120 as well?
    Nop, I won't use 140mm fans / radiators on the top of the case.

Kind Regards
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Work: LittleDevil's SS Cases, LittleDevil's SS Worklog, LD CPU-R1 Dice/LNē Pots, LD GFX-R1 Dice/LNē Pots,
    LittleDevil LD PC-V10, LittleDevil's K-Type Temp Display, |EMAIL: ldphasechange@gmail.com

LD PC-V8 Watercooling Cases:
    LINK

LD PC-V8 ATX/HPTX Watercoolig PC case with 10 expansion slots: LINK NEW!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

-100c Club Member
    SR2 build is almost finished.

Kind Regards
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Work: LittleDevil's SS Cases, LittleDevil's SS Worklog, LD CPU-R1 Dice/LNē Pots, LD GFX-R1 Dice/LNē Pots,
    LittleDevil LD PC-V10, LittleDevil's K-Type Temp Display, |EMAIL: ldphasechange@gmail.com

LINK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

OH baby!

When might I be able to grab one of these cases?
    I have an SR-2 with two x5680's which are feeling really exposed on my desk :P

Love your work.

Xtreme Member
    I can honestly say this has me giving serious thought to purchasing one to use as my daily driver. A phase unit in the 28dB range?

Amazing work. Looks fantastic.
    Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
    Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDevil View Post
    Nop, I won't use 140mm fans / radiators on the top of the case.

Kind Regards
    Why not use 140mm?
    do it bananstyle

-100c Club Member
    Thanks guys for all nice comments. 120mm radiators are more popular than 140.

Kind Regards

LINK

www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

120mm radiators are more popular than 140.
    Bigger is better
    I think everyone would use 140mm-radiators if they had cases who supported it.
    http://forums.pureoverclock.com/showthread.php?t=5123

Xtreme Guru
    You keep forgetting about worse fan selection of 140mm size. 120mm fans as more common had more time to ripe and more competition for wonderful fans to apear. 140mm fans are not that popular/widespread yet to catch up with 120mm ones.
    So these days so far "bigger is better" one better should aply to used rad section count, not migrating from 120mm rads to 140mm ones.

Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    You keep forgetting about worse fan selection of 140mm size. 120mm fans as more common had more time to ripe and more competition for wonderful fans to apear. 140mm fans are not that popular/widespread yet to catch up with 120mm ones.
    So these days so far "bigger is better" one better should aply to used rad section count, not migrating from 120mm rads to 140mm ones.
    The review I used as source goes against your argument where the 140mm radiator cooles quite a lot better regardless of the fan choice. Both radiators are of the same series. More cooling area gives better cooling.

If you have the space, like in ones of Little Devils awesome cases I would recommend going with the 140mm for best performance and lower noise level.

Have seen 140mm fans here in Sweden for a couple of years now and haven't really like them until a couple of months ago when I looked in to watercooling again after a year long computer break. There are a lot of great 140mm fans out there.

But its just my opinion and I will now force you to cut in your case
    or Little devil to make changes to his amazing PC-V10
    Last edited by fillemang; 10-13-2010 at 07:29 AM.

-100c Club Member
    Changes for next version of LD PC-V10.

The same front mesh design LCD holle is missing here.

480mm radiator in the top of the case.

2 x 480mm radiator in the bottom

PSU rotated for 180°c to get "colder" air from upper part.

Kind Regards

LINK

www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Nice design mate,

The PSU rotation goes the same for the Phase Change version as well I guess?

Xtreme Member
    Nice design. Whats program u use to do your 3D drawing ? looks very detailed.
    Great work

Xtreme Addict
    This project has motivated me to get to work on my custom cube design I've been toying with. You've got an email coming your way LD.
    • Intel Core i7 875K @ 3.86GHz 1.35v /w Intel Extreme Tower Heatsink
    • Intel Extreme DP55KG
    • 2x2GB Kingston HyperX PC3-10666
    • ATI HD5970 2GB @ 850/1,200
    • Lian-Li PC-7B
    • Corsair TX750 PSU

Xtreme Member
    Very nice case! I ordered the phase change version in the next batch.

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Rad View Post
    Nice design mate,

The PSU rotation goes the same for the Phase Change version as well I guess?
    Yes, in both version will be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DARK_01 View Post
    Nice design. Whats program u use to do your 3D drawing ? looks very detailed.
    Great work
    Pro Engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelious0_0 View Post
    This project has motivated me to get to work on my custom cube design I've been toying with. You've got an email coming your way LD.
    You have one new email =)

Quote Originally Posted by 0xdeadbeef View Post
    Very nice case! I ordered the phase change version in the next batch.

Kind Regards

LINK

www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Xtreme Enthusiast
    this is a really nice case you got going on, great work!

I was wondering, you said you were expecting 23db from fans/compressors, how much louder would a 2stage make this? Let's say the goal was -75c, do you think it's doable at low noise?

I'm just curious because here I'm sitting on a water cooled cube from MM and I'm having this vision of an autocascade and some ridiculous watercooling for my 2011 upgrade (gotta think ahead!) and I kind of want to know how many kidneys i'll need to sell :P

Quote Originally Posted by antiacid View Post
    this is a really nice case you got going on, great work!

I was wondering, you said you were expecting 23db from fans/compressors, how much louder would a 2stage make this? Let's say the goal was -75c, do you think it's doable at low noise?
    Hey Antiacid,

If you have a read about decibels and how they add you will see that it is a logarithmic scale.
    Say you have 1 fan at 20db, if you duplicate that fan you don't have 40db of noise. You actually have 23db. then, to get 26db of noise you have to DOUBLE that again to 4...
    check out this image
    http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/graphics/LI.GIF
    See where it says "twice the power gives + 3db" that's your key clue.

3db is barely noticeable for the human ear, 10db is the rustling of leaves so 3db is like a pin drop while you're listening to leaves rustle.

Hope that helps

-100c Club Member
    Hello. I mean 32db with 180mm fan on condensor and 36dB at full speed.

http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/...81::13392.html

Kind Regards

LINK

www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Hello. I mean 32db with 180mm fan on condensor and 36dB at full speed.

http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/...81::13392.html

Kind Regards
    But isn't there push-pull system? Then it would be propably a bit lauder i think. LD how is the work with controller going? would it be working like this: you press the button and the phase starts and the computer turns on when the temperature reach the needed level? or differently?

Love the new version of the case, some suggestions:

- don't you think the side window could be a little wider? if somebody is goind to put res between hdd holder and a motherboard, he propably won't be able to see it through the window (or is the window big enough and i just don't see it, does it end on the 4th or 5th screw that mounts the side panel to the "floor" or the case?)

- wouldn't it be nicer for rad grills and front lowest fan grill to be on the same height? you can see it on the 5th picture that it looks a bit wierd.

- have you though about adding one more 3,5 bay?

Ok, enought with ideas, I can't wait for this case and still cannot decide if im going to buy it in lc version or the phase one ;>

EVGA SR-2 fits in that case without any problems and all 4 way SLI motherboards too.

Kind Regards
    Is there possibility for the installation of two phase units in case for SR-2 board?

Awesome work

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxtom View Post
    But isn't there push-pull system? Then it would be propably a bit lauder i think. LD how is the work with controller going? would it be working like this: you press the button and the phase starts and the computer turns on when the temperature reach the needed level? or differently?

Love the new version of the case, some suggestions:

- don't you think the side window could be a little wider? if somebody is goind to put res between hdd holder and a motherboard, he propably won't be able to see it through the window (or is the window big enough and i just don't see it, does it end on the 4th or 5th screw that mounts the side panel to the "floor" or the case?)

- wouldn't it be nicer for rad grills and front lowest fan grill to be on the same height? you can see it on the 5th picture that it looks a bit wierd.

- have you though about adding one more 3,5 bay?

Ok, enought with ideas, I can't wait for this case and still cannot decide if im going to buy it in lc version or the phase one ;>
    Controler is going well, yes it will work like you wrote + there will be software (USB connection)

If you mean for perforated bottom side pannels, It will be bnetter in the "middle" but there is PSU and radiator will be under PSU.

SSD will also fit inside

LINK

www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupo View Post
    Is there possibility for the installation of two phase units in case for SR-2 board?

Awesome work
    Not enough space for 2 x SS inside

LINK

www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Controler is going well, yes it will work like you wrote + there will be software (USB connection)

If you mean for perforated bottom side pannels, It will be bnetter in the "middle" but there is PSU and radiator will be under PSU.

SSD will also fit inside
    Wouldn't it fit if the PSU would be mounted on the bottom? It looks like there is a lot of space left, isn;t there a possibility to move a grill a bit forward or there won;t be enough space for fron fan?
    Are you planning to add some holes for mounting case stands like this one ?

What program are you using to make a project of this case?
    Last edited by bmxtom; 10-18-2010 at 11:07 AM.

I think it's perfect as is. The radiators probably have to be left where they are cause, as littledevil said, the PSU has to be mounted at the back on the top of the bottom section.
    I'm very glad to hear that there will be a controller for the Phase change to power on the CPU. Great news LD!

Can you get back to my PM littledevil? When you have a spare moment.

Cheers,
    C-Rad

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Rad View Post
    I think it's perfect as is. The radiators probably have to be left where they are cause, as littledevil said, the PSU has to be mounted at the back on the top of the bottom section.
    I'm very glad to hear that there will be a controller for the Phase change to power on the CPU. Great news LD!

Can you get back to my PM littledevil? When you have a spare moment.

Cheers,
    C-Rad
    Exactly like you wrote. I also replay on your PM.

Yes, controler will do really nice job

Kind Regards
    Last edited by LittleDevil; 10-17-2010 at 11:40 PM.

LINK

www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast