Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have I Been Ripped Off?

You need to show your full CPU-Z IvanG, including procosser, speed and amount of RAM/Timings. Extra score could, and probably is just that. There is always variation between systems.

Xtreme Member
    Talk to them about it. I just rmaed mine on the 12th and I got a 285gtx ssc.
    Overclocking- The dangerous act of increasing temperatures and voltages in a small metal box and pontentially destroying thousands of dollars of equipment, while one's fate is transmitted to a small rectangle.

-X38 Maximus Formula SE
    -X3350 @ 3.4Ghz
    -Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
    -Crucial Tracer 2gb 6400 (1067 5-4-3-12 2t)
    -TT ToughPower 750W
    -750GB WD7500AAKS
    -Creative Audigy 2 ZS
    -Pioneer DVR-A09-XLB
    -Coolermaster Cosmos
    -NEC EA231wmi
    -EVGA 285GTX

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cajer View Post
    Talk to them about it. I just rmaed mine on the 12th and I got a 285gtx ssc.

Was your RMA an 9800gtx ?
    Cant believe EVGA is being week like this , totally not the norm... Hopefully they will do whats right .. In fact if By this threads end it hasn't been corrected, I frankly will never buy EVGA again
    VGA cards or Motherboards and funny thing is my sons been asking for a new classified, Id love to use this as an excuse to have him go Asus...

Intel i7 2600K 5.0ghz
    Asus P8P67 EVO B3
    Swiftek Apex Ultra Cooling Kit
    Apogee XTL Block
    8 gigs Mushkin 2133 HS DDR3
    (2)PNY Nvidia 570 GTX DDR5 SLI Goodness
    Xonar DX1 Dolby Audio
    120GB RevoDrive SSD -WD Raptr150 + SG 750 x2 +Hitacchi 2TB
    Thermaltake Speedo Advanced Ed
    Corsair 1200AX PSU

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by viccan View Post
    Was your RMA an 9800gtx ?
    Cant believe EVGA is being week like this , totally not the norm... Hopefully they will do whats right .. In fact if By this threads end it hasn't been corrected, I frankly will never buy EVGA again
    VGA cards or Motherboards and funny thing is my sons been asking for a new classified, Id love to use this as an excuse to have him go Asus...
    It was a 9800GX2. I think if you talk to EVGA they will mail you something better, as I specially filed a question on the card asking what I will get back and I also after the customer support guy when I called.
    Overclocking- The dangerous act of increasing temperatures and voltages in a small metal box and pontentially destroying thousands of dollars of equipment, while one's fate is transmitted to a small rectangle.

-X38 Maximus Formula SE
    -X3350 @ 3.4Ghz
    -Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
    -Crucial Tracer 2gb 6400 (1067 5-4-3-12 2t)
    -TT ToughPower 750W
    -750GB WD7500AAKS
    -Creative Audigy 2 ZS
    -Pioneer DVR-A09-XLB
    -Coolermaster Cosmos
    -NEC EA231wmi
    -EVGA 285GTX

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorMcPoonage View Post
    You need to show your full CPU-Z IvanG, including procosser, speed and amount of RAM/Timings. Extra score could, and probably is just that. There is always variation between systems.
    Any news about what eVGA are doing?

if you look at my vantage runs, they are the identical system settings. The 9800GX2 waxed that 260 216.
    GB 790XTA UD4
    GSkill Pi Black 2000 Cas9
    ASUS 4870
    Enermax Revolution 1050+

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67661

If you read on the EVGA forums post, aparently they are forwarding it to a representative. i'm not sure what that means, I'll give it a couple of days I guess?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorMcPoonage View Post
    If you read on the EVGA forums post, aparently they are forwarding it to a representative. i'm not sure what that means, I'll give it a couple of days I guess?
    That's progress if anything, keep us in the loop.
    GB 790XTA UD4
    ASUS 4870
    Enermax Revolution 1050+

Xtreme Addict
    QFT stands for "quoted for truth"

Keep us posted

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
    QFT stands for "quoted for truth"

Keep us posted
    ahh man, I always thought it meant Quoting ing Tards....
    GB 790XTA UD4
    ASUS 4870
    Enermax Revolution 1050+

Xtreme Addict
    Yes please keep us updated. Now that BFG has pulled from Europe, I'll be buying EVGA when I buy Nvidia again and I'd like to know how they sort you out.

I know with BFG they always RMA'd with a card of equal performance or price, since they always requested a copy of the original invoice/receipt, and they upgraded me from a 8800GTX OC2 to an Ultra for free after a year of me buying my card.

I rma'ed a BFG 7800GT last summer and they sent me a 9800gtx replacement. I tried it out and it was busted too. So I contacted BFG and sent the 9800gtx back with them paying for postage. They then sent me a 280gtx OC. I was happy

I spend alot of time on the EVGA forums, and I can tell you in the past every 9800GX2 that have been RMA'd to EVGA have been replaced with either a 280 or 285.

Now currently due to Nvidia EOLing most of the 200 series, it looks like EVGA has no stock of these cards anymore. So they instead sent you a 260. In my opinion this is not a fair replacement, and you should keep on them to find you a 280, 285 or another 9800GX2.

I am an EVGA fan, but I dont think it is fair that in the past everyone who RMA'd this card got a 280/285 and now you dont simply because Nvidia have EOL'd them.

Keep at it, hopefully they will sort you out.
    Main Gaming Rig-
    i7 920 @ 4.2Ghz, EK Supreme HF, EVGA X58 SLI w/ EK Full Cover Block, 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX480 SC w/ EK Full Cover Block, Auzentech Forte 7.1, OCZ Vertex 60GB, 2x WD 1TB Black RAID0, Corsair TX-750w

Backup/HTPC Rig-
    i3 530 @ 4.05Ghz, Noctua NH-U12P, Gigabyte P55-UD3, 4GB G.Skill Value 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX285 SC, WD 200GB, Scythe Kamariki 4 650w

@Eugene86, wow you really can't hope for more than that. That is insane generosity by EVGA, a 7800GT to a 280GTX without paying a penny
    I know you went to a 9800GTX before they upgraded you to a 280GTX, which annoys me because I have a 9800GX2 (which is effectively 2 X 9800GTX on one card) and their trying to give me a 260 GTX (and I actually payed £399 under two years ago ).

Yeah I'll keep everyone informed, hopefully next to I post I'll have confirmation of something actually happening. Thanks for your support.

Well it wasn't an Evga card though. It was a BFG card. I really hope that Evga comes through for you. I've always ranked Evga and BFG at the top of my list but if this is going to be a common problem with Evga now, I think I'll stick to BFG. All of my warranty experience has been amazing with them

Xtreme Addict
    Stay away from EVGA Europe it's EPIC FAIL. If they didn't screw you they must have forgotten it.

Here's my experience with EVGA Europe.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ight=EVGA+joke

Someone I know from the ASUS Rampage Formula forum and also a member on XS also had to RMA his 9800GX2 but it was an ASUS graphics card. They couldn't fix it or replace it with a new 9800GX2 so they gave him a new GTX295 and that's how it should be done. You bought a graphics card with two GPUs so they should replace it with a graphics card with two GPUs.

Xtreme Addict
    I just read that entire thread by you AG.

I'm really not looking forward to buying EVGA again now.

The very first time EVGA cards became availible here in Ireland it was a mess. It was the 8800 series, and I order a 8800GTS KO AC3, which was supposed to be their top clocked card.

What I got was the bog standard AC3, which was just the normal 8800GTS, no special cooling shroud nothing, normal clocks. I emailed EVGA first for an answer as, maybe it was a shipping problem or my retailer sent me the wrong card.

I sent them my Serial Number, and then I got my reply, the man insisted that I got what I ordered, it was just a new version.

Like hell it was, it had very low clocks for the KO AC3 which was the overclocked version, hell didn't even feature the KO cooler.

Contacted my retailer, took 2 weeks to get an RMA, when they got it back they were Shocked! It was nothing like the spec sheets they got from EVGA sent them.

A week later they gave me a full refund, because simply they had none of the KO AC3 cards, EVGA had sent them the wrong ones it seems.

I was a little dissapointed that the Glorified EVGA made such a mistake, specially since the man I spoke to insisted that "The ACS3 KO and the ACS3 are just different revision numbers, the have the same core clock and memory clock one is just a discontinued revision."

Which was clearly a lie since the clock and memory speeds were different. Haha I still have that card registered on the EVGA site and pic there is even the bog standard GTS.
    Last edited by N19h7m4r3; 03-17-2010 at 02:50 AM.

Xtreme Monster
    European policy:

The Product is guaranteed for 2 years (or 10 years) from the date of original purchase from any legitimate European retailer or e-tailer of EVGA products. The Warranty covers both material and workmanship, and the repair shall be carried out free of charge. We reserve the right to replace the product with an identical product or with a product with identical or better specifications, if the product is no longer available and/or cannot be repaired economically. The replacement product is warranted under these warranty terms and is subject to the same limitations and exclusions for the remainder of the original warranty period.
    http://www.evga.de/warranty/

Put it simple if you are not happy with the product meaning for you is a downgrade then they should give you another GPU with better specifications.

Xtreme Member
    Yep that guy Alien Gray was talking about was me.... About half a year ago, my Asus 9800GX2 stoped clocking up in to 3d clocks when booting in to windows (it stayed on those 2D clocks for text mode), so i RMAd it and since 9800gx2 was/is out of production and they did have any, i was able to choose what card to take instead. So now i ended up with new GTX295, im was thinking back then couple of weeks later what would happen if i would ask for Asus MARS but i think that would be pushing it...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Metroid View Post
    European policy:

http://www.evga.de/warranty/

Put it simple if you are not happy with the product meaning for you is a downgrade then they should give you another GPU with better specifications.
    That's the whole problem. For EVGA everything is the same specification so you don't have to argue with them. We are wrong and they are right and I'm almost sure that he's dealing with the same guy from the EVGA Tech Support like I was.

EVGA FTW euhmmm... I mean EVGA WTF

Xtreme Monster
    I hate that name "EVGA FTW", its just too stupid.

Yes probably is the same guy you dealt with. I wonder if he knows the policy, anyhow I posted the policy on the thread that the username TrevorMcPoonage created at EVGA. That will probably help him.

Xtreme Monster
    These are my findings, already posted on the EVGA forums at http://www.evga.com/FORUMS/tm.aspx?m...mpage=2#249857

Article http://www.anandtech.com/...c.aspx?i=3334&p=11

Code:
    9800GX2     GTX280
    39.9        34.3 Crysis
    73.2        67.4 Call of Duty
    62.2        70.2 ETQW
    52.6        45.0 Assassin's Creed
    35.6        36.8 Oblivion
    37,6        37.7 The Witcher 
    75.4        63.9 Bioshock
    376.5       355.3
    9800GX2 6% faster than GTX280

Now this article http://www.anandtech.com/...oc.aspx?i=3408&p=4
    Code:
    GTX280      GTX260 216 Cores
    35.8        31.5 Crysis
    71.2        61.0 ETQW
    37.7        33.0 Oblivion
    40.6        33.2 Race Driver Grid
    37.1        33.2 Assassin's Creed
    37.2        31.5 The Witcher
    259.6       223.4
    GTX280 14% faster than the GTX260 216 Cores

So basically a 9800GX2 is 6% + 14 % = 20% faster than the GTX260 216 Cores.

It is really important for anybody to double check the results I got from Anandtech as It may have been an error or something.

I checked every result 3 times and all matched, so it seems accurate.

I hope this test will help TrevorMcPoonage
    Last edited by Metroid; 03-21-2010 at 05:24 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nice work Metroid and very nice of you to have done! I'm surprised that eVGA (or more specifically the customer service person who Trevor has been working with) hasn't made this right yet? Especially since Trevor has been handling this in a very mature and resonable way in regards to his dealings with eVGA (many people would have resorted to more drastic measures after weeks of no progress)! I'm very interested in how this works out now because I have an aging GTX280 which is very difficult to find in retail channels (which makes me think its at EOL or very close to it). If something were to happen to that card I'm curious what their equal or better replacement would be (probably a GTX260)! In any case keep up the pressure Trevor and keep us posted on whats happening if you would!
    Asus Maximus III Formula (2001)
    Intel i7 860 (L924B516)
    Noctua D14
    Corsairs CMG4GX3M2A2000C2 (2 x 2GB) RAM
    eVGA GTX480
    DD-H20
    BIX GTX360
    MCP35X PWM
    Creative X-Fi Titanium PCI-e
    LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray
    Toughpower 850w Modular
    GSkill Phoenix Pro SSD 120GB

HEAT

Xtreme Monster
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger_D25 View Post
    Thanks, glad I can help.

I will keep all informed about this as is a general importance to all of us.

Edit: By the way I forgot to place the [.code.][./code.] for a better comparison view as I did on the EVGA forum, now is fixed.
    Last edited by Metroid; 03-21-2010 at 05:26 PM.

Now I wish I still had my 9800GX2. I just gave it away. :/

Does your board support SLI?

Amorphous
    NVIDIA Forums Administrator

Ok what number should I call to contact EVGA directly, getting nowhere with emails. Whenever I ring though nobdy answers???

I was trying:

EVGA Europe Support

Tel: +49.89.189.049 11

Seeing as im from the UK I believe +49 is just 0049. It rings but nobody answers. Im trying at 5:00 PM GMT as thats when im home. What do?

Interestingly this micro-stutter thing is begging to look like a bit of a scandal. I don't think im ever going for a dual gpu solutions or SLI again. Their still arguing that even with a drops in fps as high as 30% the visual performance is better on the single card Considering SLI only gives an extra 40-66% fps, this works out as you paying twice as much for two cards but because of micro-stutter, your only getting an extra 10-20% visual performance .

And @Amorphous. Yes it does support SLI. It's an Asus Maximus Forumula X38.
    Last edited by TrevorMcPoonage; 03-23-2010 at 11:24 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast