Thread: uP6206 voltmods?

Wanna look under my kilt?

uP6206 voltmods?

Having a wee bit of trouble here... does anyone have info on the uP6206 voltmods? I've read that the 4890 Cyclone uses it...but im struggling to find info on that either

The uP6208 FB pin is #8.. does that info carry over to the -06?

Cheers guys an gals!

K
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Possible part solution Taken from the 4850/4870 thread

Provisional thanks to: Vatos Locos + Tomasz
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

I am Xtreme
    Doesn't this controller have an I2C bus?
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

NO idea. Not researched. Iv only used software voltage tuning once- for the GTX295. I prefer hard mods where possible
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

uncore challenged...
    any update on the uP6206?

i've got a uP6206AK / VCZ98E here i would like to know the FB pin for.
    i've gone through the other posts and found the same photos K404 has but no confirmation.
    my best guess at this point is pin 7, but was looking for someone who knew. i at one time did
    the vGPU on an MSI Cyclone R4890 (apparently same uP6206) but i never took any photos of the mod

any help would be appreciated
    i don't quote in my signature, but best WR ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    It holds the current WR for the least vcore required to run 4500Mhz stable (1.32vcore)
    i can't even make that shyt up ^^^

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You mean this one 3oh6?

//edit

it's a uP6206, dont know if that is sufficient, but what ever is behind uP6206 should be to relevant should it? :p

Im pretty sure its #6. I've successfully modded my card, I will confirm when I get in tonight
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

uncore challenged...
    good good, thanks guys, not sure why i couldn't find the pinout diagram
    It holds the current WR for the least vcore required to run 4500Mhz stable (1.32vcore)

I am Xtreme
    The datasheet isn't available on the official website

Sorry for the delay Jody. Its Pin 6
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

uncore challenged...
    no worries, it was figured out earlier...thanks for the confirmation though

hello, i have a similar problem: i own an asus gtx275 which uses also the uP6206 controller (no I2C version).
    i found out that pin #6 (as you show here either) is the FB pin, but since i cannot solder onto the tiny pins of the voltage controller, i wanted to use one of the resistor nearby, which should connect to pin#6.
    so i measured every resistor nearby, but none dit match, but than i found farther away 3 resistors in a cluster which show the same resistance as my pin#6 to gnd.
    so could it be possible that i can take any of these 3 resistors to solder my variable one onto?
    i am not confident, because the cluster with the resistors is 2-3cm away from the controller and i cannot trace any circuit going from the pin#6 to there because pin#6 connection immediatly submerges in the PCB...and i cannot find out, where it comes out again of the multilayer pcb, except these three resistors in the cluster i mentioned? and since you show here that there are 3 possible solder points, maybe my card is similar build ?
    thanks

Hey Its entirely possible, but if theres a choice of three then we need more info to give you solid help.

Can you post up high-res pics of the area, or link us to already-posted pics?
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

yes i can: here is one pic without my marks, and the second pic with my marks, the three red arrows with a "?" show the resistors who have all identically ~1375ohm as has the pin#6 (also marked red) to gnd.

thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marked.jpg 
Views:	2313 
Size:	162.5 KB 
ID:	100268   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unmarked.jpg 
Views:	1456 
Size:	197.4 KB 
ID:	100269  

MY EYES!!!!! OMG MY EYES!!!!

I.... see what you mean They are quite a distance away. Im not going to give you a green light for those points because its not my card. If you are gonna have a shot, just pick the end of the resistor thats connected to the FB pin, if that makes sense
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

mhm, which one of the marked resistors do you mean? or should i take any one of them by chance and give it a try?

Thats my point... without probing the card further I cant say for sure. If it was in front of me... i'd narrow it down and probably/ hopefully get it right... I can only "do" though... not explain how
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

i found this

4890 MSI

Sapphire vaporx
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

tested 50k on 4890 sapphire new edition and works perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

Hi, regarding my post above http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...5&postcount=14
    i measured now each end of the three questionmarked resistors, which show the same as resistance as pin#6, with the voltmeter against pin#6, and all of them seem to be directly connected to pin6!
    because i get read out of "zero" resistance, when i put the one tip (-) of the voltmeter onto an end of the resistor and the other tip (+) onto pin6 directly! and zero shows only up in the voltmeter if the two tips of the voltmeter have a connection to each other directly. so there must be a connection between the 3 resistors and pin6! is there any other trick how to verify if the three resistors are really the ones connected to pin6?
    so can i be sure now, that i could take anyone of the three resistors, as described in here in the other mods for the same controlled uP6202 hd4870?
    thanks

Xtreme Member
    Asus GTX275 mod.
    Found by master hipro5 and works great.If i can recall it nedds a 10K trimmer

hello, many thanks, so its a fourth resistor i did not find yet, will give it a try on my asus gtx 275 and report back!
    many thanks to hipro5 and all the others involved in finding the mod (i saw hipro5 for the first time in real life when he was here in vienna at the first international austria overclocking competition!)
    greets