Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Test Report] Fuzion V2 - Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yup, comes with a 1366 pro mount as they call it and just fits the die size of the i7, very easy install.
    I'm sure the problem I'm having is due to pressure of the sink on the die, as the sides of the block (copper) are not getting hot when the CPU is at 80c and the outlet water temp is only rising about 8c coming out of the block under full load at 4000 mhz and 1.3v.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmark View Post
    Yup, comes with a 1366 pro mount as they call it and just fits the die size of the i7, very easy install.
    I'm sure the problem I'm having is due to pressure of the sink on the die, as the sides of the block (copper) are not getting hot when the CPU is at 80c and the outlet water temp is only rising about 8c coming out of the block under full load at 4000 mhz and 1.3v.
    core temps and ihs temps are different...check your temps from the bios...or use everest to show ihs temps

then use an infrared to measure temps inbetween the block and cpu.....it should be just above water temps

core temps are not ihs temps

Xtreme Addict
    So this pro-mount is the best thing to use then? http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=227

Or should we still add washers onto that as well to get proper pressure?
    Computer: i7 2600k @ 4.7Ghz | Asus P8P67 Evo | Corsair LP 16gb 1600CL9 | Silver Arrow | Essence STX | Crucial m4 128gb | Silverstone Raven 3|

Video: 2x Sapphire 6950 Toxic 2gb @ 6970 Switch @ 880 / 1350 | Asus VG248QE |

Audio: ODAC+O2 => JH|13 Pro | STX => ATH-AD700X / Audioengine A5

Crunching for Poppabear
    Would this apply for the V1 also?

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojamijams View Post
    So this pro-mount is the best thing to use then? http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=227

Or should we still add washers onto that as well to get proper pressure?
    Yup, that's the Pro-Mount. You can get washers or you can get new springs, whichever is easiest for you. I'm not exactly sure what washers would be best....I would have gone to Home Depot or Lowes to get some, but the Thermalright springs I found laying around were perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lu523 View Post
    Would this apply for the V1 also?
    If you use the 1366 Pro-Mount, yup

Crunching for Poppabear
    Will have to give it a try.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Well I thought I would give it a try. Added 4 washers, 6mm worth to the top of each spring. First problem I encountered was getting the bolts started was much harder due to the extra tension and friction of the washers. I didn't get even pressure when fastening the bolts and caused my heart to stop as I heard the CPU move in its socket. Didn't sound too nice and I thought the worse. Unfastened, checked out the CPU, socket, etc. and all was well. Took my time the second time around and it went well.
    I have not stress tested yet however at idle with the same water temp the core temps are 4c cooler and the CPU 10c cooler. Before the mod I had a delta T between the core temps and CPU temp of 3c now it is 13/14c, with the CPU temp being much lower?? 31c on the CPU and 45c on cores.
    I would go with the longer springs if I had some, due to the increased difficulty in getting the bolts started.

Hondacity I'm using Everest, do you mean internal heat sink (ihs) or CPU vs Cores?

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for the hard work, Vapor. I'm going to give it a shot.
    |MoBo| Microstar Int'l P55-GD65 Rev 1
    |CPU| Intel Core i5 750 4.0Ghz 1.26V
    |GPU| HSI HD 5850 1GB DDR5 1440sp
    |RAM| 4x2GB Dominator 1600 DDR3
    |PSU| PC P&C Silencer 610W 50A Rail
    |HSF| Megahalems- Idle: 32 Load: 58
    |BMs| '06: 24,223- Vantage: P17,373

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Heh...bump. So, I've got an issue with the universal mount. It will work fine and give plenty of pressure as Vapor said, but the MOSFET heat sink prevents normal, right-side-up mounting. The instructions from D-Tek state: "Make sure the waterblock orientation is that in which the outlet barb is placed at the top when the computer is upright to help bleed any air bubbles in the block when filling. This also positions the “D-TEK” label upright."

Aside from aesthetics and a little bit of extra bleed time (I'll tap it with the handle of a screw driver to try and knock bubbles loose), is there any reason that mounting it with the outlet down and to the right (moving 90 degrees clockwise from the normal mount) is bad juju? I can't see how it will lead to higher temps as long as the bubbles are eradicated. Anybody know of drawbacks to doing this that aren't mentioned? Thanks!
    [XC] gomeler - Public note: If you PM me to tell me that I am disrespectful at least have space in your PM box so I can tell you I don't care.

[XC] gomeler - I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm happy to report that the FV2 mounted sideways has no ill effects as expected. Temps aren't too bad I suppose. Here's an i7 860 - 3.8GHz @ 1.304Vcore, 1.30v VTT, HT enabled.

67C hottest core spike after an hour and a half prime blend. On two cores actually, with a very small delta between the cores. Good contact with the old mount.

Loop is: MCP-355 w/ XSPC Res Top -> MCR-320 -> D-Tek Fuzion v.2 -> MCW-60 (pic here and here if you want to see them.)
    [XC] gomeler - Public note: If you PM me to tell me that I am disrespectful at least have space in your PM box so I can tell you I don't care.

I heart gomeler!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    so i guess those reports about using the lga775 mounts on the evga p55 ftw making your waterblock/heatsinks crooked are TRUE..

that sucks..

Quote Originally Posted by hokiealumnus View Post
    I'm happy to report that the FV2 mounted sideways has no ill effects as expected. Temps aren't too bad I suppose. Here's an i7 860 - 3.8GHz @ 1.304Vcore, 1.30v VTT, HT enabled.

67C hottest core spike after an hour and a half prime blend. On two cores actually, with a very small delta between the cores. Good contact with the old mount.

Loop is: MCP-355 w/ XSPC Res Top -> MCR-320 -> D-Tek Fuzion v.2 -> MCW-60 (pic here and here if you want to see them.)
    i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz 1.335v [ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe]
    8gb gskill ripjaws f3-12800cl8-8gbxm
    600gb velociraptor + 1TB black
    MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II + x-fi xtrememusic
    corsair hx-620w + lian li pc201b + dell 2408fpw
    d-tek fuzion1/ddc2 + petra top/thermochill pa120.3

Xtreme Addict
    Well they have to be in order to not overlap with the 1156 holes... nevertheless, the crookedness won't matter as it'll still fully cover the CPU IHS.. the only thing is, the 775 backplate will not fit as the 1156 (and 1366) have a backplate on the motherboard already.. so some drilling+washers will be required
    Computer: i7 2600k @ 4.7Ghz | Asus P8P67 Evo | Corsair LP 16gb 1600CL9 | Silver Arrow | Essence STX | Crucial m4 128gb | Silverstone Raven 3|

Here is some food for thought...

I have a Fuzion v1 CPU block with the 1366 pro mounting kit. I have a similar problem regarding high temperatures, and found this thread while searching for a solution.

I had the v1 block sitting on an i7 920 CPU, on an MSI Eclipse motherboard, and the temperature was up around the 57-60C at stock speeds @ idle! and 88-95C under load. Remember, these temps are at stock speeds. Forget overclocking!

Now, after replacing the Fuzion block with the stock intel heatsink & fan, the temperatures dropped to 29C @ idle (stock speeds), and I was able to complete a 1M SuperPi run @ 4335MHz!

So far, the only theory I can come up with is that the bolts that hold the block together are actually touching the CPU socket and not allowing it to sit properly on the CPU, possibly owing to the thickness of the mounting bracket.

Is anyone able to test this in order to confirm or reject this theory?

Admin
    jackdeth, that's exactly what's going on....the screws that hold it all together in the V1 are preventing the base from making contact with the IHS.

If I were you, I'd contact D-Tek about it, they should be able to help you out and send out some V2 screws

Crunching for Poppabear
    I had to get some screws from D-Tek for my V1 block. It may take them awhile to get them to you, but they will come through.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldy402 View Post
    so i guess those reports about using the lga775 mounts on the evga p55 ftw making your waterblock/heatsinks crooked are TRUE..

that sucks..
    Why does it suck? They had to put the holes somewhere. The ridiculousness of LGA775 and LGA1156 being so darn close to each other (BS about Intel pressure spec notwithstanding) prevented them from placing the 775 holes inside the 1156 ones. The only option is to offset them by a little bit (a VERY little bit as a matter of fact). The block still covers the entire CPU and is centered as it should be, just a little tilted.

What would you propose they did? ...and did my result give you the impression something was wrong? This little thing is a furnace and my room temp (third floor office) hovers around 75-78F.

I heart gomeler!

Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    jackdeth, that's exactly what's going on....the screws that hold it all together in the V1 are preventing the base from making contact with the IHS.

If I were you, I'd contact D-Tek about it, they should be able to help you out and send out some V2 screws
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu523 View Post
    I had to get some screws from D-Tek for my V1 block. It may take them awhile to get them to you, but they will come through.
    Thank you kindly for the replies. I am so glad to finally solve this issue.

I will do as suggested and contact D-Tek for the screws. It seems odd that they don't supply them with the 1366 mounting kit, though.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I just mounted my Fuzion v1 on a Rampage 2 Gene with the original 775 promount that came on my Fuzion v2 (which is being used with the 1366 promount).

Had to take off the LGA1366 retention bracket (the block is holding the CPU in the socket) to get a proper mount on the v1 w/pro mount.
    i7 3770k - p8z77-v pro - 4x4gb - gtx680 - vertex 4 256gb - ax750
    i5 3570k - z77-pro3 - 2x4gb - arc-1231ml - 12x2tb wdgp r6 - cx400
    heatware

Xtreme Addict
    I'm a little confused here.. I'm working on mounting this block now so if anyone can respond ASAP, I'd appreciate it

Where do I add the washers to get the better mount on the CPU? Do I add them between the backplate and the mobo, or do I add them to the bottom of the screws before putting the screw into the block?

Xtreme Member

Crying over spilled milk...

Hi,

When I put my i7 920 system together I guess I didn't do enough research and was reading old reviews about the Dtek V2 and purchased that one with the 1366 mount kit which I'm so sorry I didnt do it right. One of these days I would like to replace the block and go with better one but do not want to deal with the hassel of leak testing all over again. Until then as I understand it if you tighten its seating you can get a couple degrees shaved off? How exactly do you do this?

Thanks,

Dave.
    Motherboard: EVGA Classified 759
    CPU: Intel 920 D0 2.66 @ 3.8ghz
    Ram: 6gb 1600 DDR3 7-7-7-20 Corsair Dominators
    PSU: PC Power Cooling 1200 ESA
    Audio: SB X-Fi Titanium
    Video: Trifire XFX 6970
    Harddrives: WD3000HLFSx2+ OCZ 120G Vertex SSD
    Cooling: HK 3.0 - XPSC360 Rad - MCP655 pump

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by davidm71 View Post
    Hi,

When I put my i7 920 system together I guess I didn't do enough research and was reading old reviews about the Dtek V2 and purchased that one with the 1366 mount kit which I'm so sorry I didnt do it right. One of these days I would like to replace the block and go with better one but do not want to deal with the hassel of leak testing all over again. Until then as I understand it if you tighten its seating you can get a couple degrees shaved off? How exactly do you do this?

Thanks,

Dave.
    This should hopefully answer all your questions.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=237374
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member

Question about temps...

I've been running some tests with my Fuzion V2 on a 920 D0 and these are my results at 160x20 1.275v. I get a 30-31 degree delta above ambient on all my highest core on load with prime95. That means if ambient is 29 degrees then my load temp is nearly 60 degrees. If ambient is 20 then the load temp is 51. But I measured my ambient by placing a digital thermometer on top of the pc where my rad is top mounted venting out air. So I was wondering are my temps decent? Perhaps I need to vent out more air from the inside of my case and blow in more fresh air so my load temps will come down... What do you think? Anyone measure your rad exhaust temps?

Also what do differences in core temp and cpu temp tell you?

Thanks.
    Motherboard: EVGA Classified 759
    CPU: Intel 920 D0 2.66 @ 3.8ghz
    Ram: 6gb 1600 DDR3 7-7-7-20 Corsair Dominators
    PSU: PC Power Cooling 1200 ESA
    Audio: SB X-Fi Titanium
    Video: Trifire XFX 6970
    Harddrives: WD3000HLFSx2+ OCZ 120G Vertex SSD
    Cooling: HK 3.0 - XPSC360 Rad - MCP655 pump

Xtreme Member
    Im using my V2 on my 920 DO right now with the 775 mount since my board (p6t) has mounting holes for it. Not very impressed with the temps i must say tightened damn hard but still pretty bad loads 75 on the hottest core 69-70 on the 4th at 4.2ghz HT with 1.265v.
    Im wondering is there anything that can make this perform better im looking at buying the Xt now and with notes on the 1156 boards with odd holes for 775 i was thinking maybe the 1366 has the same issue?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12