Thread: .avi to dvd?

Xtreme Addict

.avi to dvd?

Hi so wasn't sure where to post this, since the one video section I didn't see much on thist stuff. If I have a bunch of AVI files recorded from camera or whatever. Is there any programs I can go ahead and burn them to a DVD and play them in a regular dvd player?
    I found a converter theres a few. That doesn't seem like the problem but how do I make the files playable and chooseable in a dvd player?
    i3 2100, MSI H61M-E33. 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws.
    MSI GTX 460 Twin Frozr II. 1TB Caviar Blue.
    Corsair HX 620, CM 690, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Xtreme CCIE
    With my ~4 year old DVD player I just put a bunch on as AVI files and they played just fine, and I'm pretty sure it would for some time before that. May work, may not depending on player, but I'd give it a go.

Edit: As for how to choose which file to play goes, my player pops up an on-screen menu displaying what files are available to play and you just navigate to it with your controller.
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:
    - Cisco 3560X-24P PoE Switch
    - Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
    - Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller
    - Cisco 3502i Access Point

Quote Originally Posted by Glow9 View Post
    Hi so wasn't sure where to post this, since the one video section I didn't see much on thist stuff. If I have a bunch of AVI files recorded from camera or whatever. Is there any programs I can go ahead and burn them to a DVD and play them in a regular dvd player?
    I found a converter theres a few. That doesn't seem like the problem but how do I make the files playable and chooseable in a dvd player?
    You need a DVD authoring tool. I use Nero.

Quote Originally Posted by Glow9 View Post
    Windows DVD maker. start\all programs

I use it all the time.
    Last edited by dengyong; 08-25-2009 at 03:58 PM.

DVD flick is free and really easy to use, and works really good. It can turn it into an .ISO to burn with nero or whatever

windows dvd maker seems nice, but it seems like it screws up the aspect ratio alot, but maybe thats just me doing something wrong
    i7 930 @ 3.9GHz
    Thermalright Archon
    Asrock X58 Extreme
    6GB Corsair 1600
    Galaxy GTX 460 768MB
    Xigmatek 700w
    1TB Samsung HDD

future

I've been trying to find a decent software to go in the opposite direction. I've tried demos for various popular dvd to whatever softwares and they all get something wrong. Either the video looks messed up or the audio doesn't sound right... is there any good software out there for converting dvd to "a file or files" so I can watch them on a device hooked up to my tv? Dvd and blueray are annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by boredtodeath View Post
    I've been trying to find a decent software to go in the opposite direction. I've tried demos for various popular dvd to whatever softwares and they all get something wrong. Either the video looks messed up or the audio doesn't sound right... is there any good software out there for converting dvd to "a file or files" so I can watch them on a device hooked up to my tv? Dvd and blueray are annoying.
    Can't you connect your computer to your tv ?

Xtreme Addict
    Thx people
    i3 2100, MSI H61M-E33. 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws.
    MSI GTX 460 Twin Frozr II. 1TB Caviar Blue.
    Corsair HX 620, CM 690, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Just drag and drop your avi's in and burn them. You can also add photos at the same time if you'd like.
    Last edited by dengyong; 08-25-2009 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ditchmagnet View Post
    DVD flick is free and really easy to use,
    Love this program... DVDFlick is easy to use and works awesome.

i was turned onto Doom9.org and Handbrake by friends and handbrake will automatically configure its converter depending on what kind of device you want to use it on, ps3 psp ipod itouch pretty nice feature
    Intel C2Q Q9550 2.83ghz :: Intel DQ45CB :: 4 x 2gb OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC :: ASUS EAH5850 :: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750w :: Western Digital Caviar Black 4 x 750gb in RAID 10
    Intel e3-1235 3.3ghz :: Intel s1200kp :: 4gb kingston hyperX 1600mhz :: WD 500gb Cavier Green
    Intel i7-3770k 4.4ghz :: msi z77ma-g45 :: 8 gb patriot Signature 1600mhz :: 160gb WD Cavier :: 5830 + 5870 CF :: Antec Earthwatts 650w

"...all men die, and no brave man lets death frighten him from his desire..."

Xtreme Member
    convertXtodvd is a good one
    Gaming Rig
    Intel Q6600 Oc 3.2ghz
    4gb Ocz ddr 2 Ram
    corsair h50 Cpu Cooler
    Asus Maximus ii Formula X38
    Samsung Spin Point 320gb
    Ocz 60Gb Ssd Drive O/S
    Antec 1200 Gamers Case
    Gigabyte 720 Watt Psu
    Windows 7 64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesy17 View Post

+1 I use it all the time, not to mention it utilizes multiple cores when encoding

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesy17 View Post
    X3 I've always used that program.
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    convertXtoDVD is the best program for anything like this
    Project HAF 932 Water-Cooled

New OC Validation

- Q9650 4.0 Ghz For Now -
    - GTZ, Feser 360, D5 Vario, EK Multi-Option -
    - eVGA 750i FTW! -
    - eVGA GTX 480 H20 & GTX 295 -
    - 2x2GB Dominators PC2-8500C5D -
    - WDCaviar Black 640GB AALS x2 (Raid0) -
    - FreeAgent Pro 500GB Ext x2 -
    - Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050w PSU -
    - X-Fi XtremeGamer -
    - CM HAF 932 H20 -
    - Dell U2410 IPS LCD -
    - Logitech G11 & MX-518 /G9 -
    - Sony 24x Optical w/ LightScribe -
    - BOSE Companion 3 -
    - ATH-AD900 Cans & UE Triple.Fi 10 Custom IEM's -
    - Nikon D40 w/18-105mm & 55-200mm VR's -

Xtreme Addict
    handbrake is good stuff

http://www.videohelp.com/

is you're friend

if ur lazy, just use moviemaker.. it works quite well for basic stuffs

DVD Fab is the best suite i have used recently...
    ~

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
    convertXtoDVD is the best program for anything like this
    +5
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz+ 8GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 6 Asus P8P67 Pro CrossFire 6970's @ 950/1450
    Xeon X5677 @ 4.5Ghz 6GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 7 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 4870x2
    i7-880 @ 4.2Ghz+ (still playing) 4GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @2300Mhz CAS 9 Asus Maximus III Formula MSI Hawk 5770

zsvrsn3

Special Christmas gifts: Mac HD Video Converter converting HD videos between HD andSD

Special Christmas gifts: Mac HD Video Converter converting HD videos between HD and SD

Are you still frustrated at your HD videos from your HD camcorders and DVs for their big size? Now, with Moyea HD Video Converter for Mac, you can easily convert these HD videos to other smaller size HD videos if you want to keep high definition of these videos. And it also supports converting HD DVD or Blu-ray DVD to any other video formats, HD videos included.

The following tutorial will demonstrate you the easiest method to converting HD videos between HD and SD on Mac according to my own experience.

Preparation: Free download Moyea HD Video Converter for Mac here, install and run it.

Step 1: Import HD video files into this program

Step 2: Select the output video format

After the HD files are loaded, you can select the output video format from the drop-down list “Format”, like HD video. You can also set the destination folder by clicking the “Browse” button. Otherwise, the output files will be saved in the specified path by default automatically.

Step 3: Set advanced settings

If you want to adjust audio/video parameters to get better video quality for your reference, you can click the “Settings” button to open the window as below and then adjust parameters as you like.

Step 4: Convert

After all the settings are done, you can click the “Convert” button to start converting. Once the task is finished, you can get the converted HD videos by opening the destination folder. For its professional functions, all the process could be done in a little time without any trouble.

Another big point must be interesting for you. Since Christmas Day is on the way,

Moyea HD Video Converter for Mac will give all users a 20% discount as a big Christmas gift starting from December 10. Why not take action now?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by strange|ife View Post
    DVD Fab is the best suite i have used recently...

DVD Fab is my fave so far. Tried them all, kept going back too it.
    GB 790XTA UD4
    GSkill Pi Black 2000 Cas9
    ASUS 4870
    Enermax Revolution 1050+

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67661

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by zsvrsn3 View Post
    Moyea HD Video Converter for Mac will give all users a 20% discount as a big Christmas gift starting from December 10. Why not take action now?

Nice try, Moyea marketing department

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by zsvrsn3 View Post
    Special Christmas gifts: Mac HD Video Converter converting HD videos between HD and SD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by tool_462 View Post
    +5
    +6 To ConvertXToDVD

After trying many softwares of this type, it's definitely the best
    Sorry for my bad english, I'm trying to improve it