Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Collatz@Home (CUDA & ATI/CAL supported!!!.... HD2000 series upwards on ATI)

Xtreme Addict
    Well, looks like I'll be sticking with Collatz for a while. I picked up a 260/216 65nm that won't run Gpugrid, so it's going to stay on Collatz. I just bought a 5850 and GpuGrid doesn't do ATI yet, so it's going on Collatz (). Going to check out some Milkyway too, but they keep running out of work from what I understand. But, either way, until GpuGrid or WCG gets it together...those 2 cards will be crankin' out some WUs.

Just wanted to say also....Great Job, Everybody!!! Looks like we've added a couple members or so. Some of the long timer's points have gone up!! Our RAC has definitely shot up some! And we are slowly climbing the ranks!

Good stuff!!!

I will be selling 1 of my 8800's, but the rest will be going back to the grid.

Xtreme Mentor
    I have no problem getting Milkway@Home WU's, but I'm only on CPU right now. Einstein@Home has also recently added support for Nvidia cards.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Quote Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
    I have no problem getting Milkway@Home WU's, but I'm only on CPU right now. Einstein@Home has also recently added support for Nvidia cards.
    You should be crunching for XS instead of Team Ghey.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] riptide View Post
    You should be crunching for XS instead of Team Ghey.
    But I'm not crunching for an Irish team.

I actually wouldn't mind crunching for XS, but the astronomy based projects aren't represented here well at all.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

I actually wouldn't mind crunching for XS, but the astronomy based projects aren't represented here well at all.
    Touche!

But ya, they'll be a scattering of guys on most of the projects all the same though.

Xtreme Cruncher

yea, ive never understood it myself, thats fine with me, that just means that im in the top 5
    Its not overkill if it works.

Xtreme Cruncher
    does anyone have more than a single card crunching in thier rig? ive got 2 4870s on this, and for some reason it only sees one card. i have the dummy connector on one card, that wont work. so i hooked up the other cable to my monitor. so i have 2 cables going to my monitor, but when i switch over to the second input, it still is not showing what im typing.

can you do this in crossfire?

Xtreme Addict
    I had to setup crossfire with 2x 5850s in order to get it to work....

Xtreme Cruncher
    how do you set up crossfire ??

i probably should read the directions, but...... do you need any special drivers? i just dl the latest ones from xfx. is the bridge bi-directional? and witch of the 2 slots does it go in. it dosent have to be a amd board does it to do crossfore?

the only sli i have done is with 2 GSO's and there was only one slot for the bridge, but with the 4870 there are 2 places for the bridge to go maybe i have it in the wrong slot, or upside down???

thanks naja

Xtreme Addict
    All I had to do was connect the cards with the crossfire cable and enable crossfire in the ATI control center....

Xtreme Cruncher
    does anyone have any info on the difference of the 5770 and the 4870 with the ppd? i know its 100mhz faster. i was looking at getting the msi hawk 5770, for 174ea. or the cheapest 4870@ 139. is the 40 bucks make that much of a difference. i will be putting this in my main rig, and moving the 4870 to one of my others.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I have a Sapphire 100283L HD 5770 overclocked to 960 Mhz and average around 98,000 ppd on here. I don't have info on a 4870. When I bought the 5770 didn't realize it doesn't do double precision so it doesn't run on Milkway.

Xtreme Cruncher
    thanks glenn, my 4870s are oc to 800 and they avg 75k a day each. so it looks like it runs about 30% more than they do.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Just for a reference ... 12 hours testing on my GTX480:
    Shaders at 1732 (stock volts)
    i7-920 HT ON @4.2 GHz
    Win7 64
    BOINC 10.6.43
    WU takes just over 7 minutes.
    With HT OFF it is just over 5 minutes.

I'll be putting up a few points until GPUGrid gets it together for fermi
    Last edited by Snow Crash; 04-24-2010 at 05:49 PM.

That's some pretty good time on a work unit. :-) I'm running about 11.5 with 5770's and a hair over 17 with 4850's.
    Last edited by Sky_Captain; 04-27-2010 at 04:52 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    damn skycaptin, where the heck did yoou come from ??lol i thought i was the top dog on here, ill guess ive got to get a few more rigs up and running to keep up with ya

Xtreme Cruncher
    You sure don't mess around skycaptain. Those are huge numbers! Nice going.

I was beginning to wonder if there was still anyone around here. :-) But then I guess there is that boinc contest going on. But I'm not into that, just crunching some Collatz.

So what are you SkyCrane, a home farmer or a corporate cruncher? What you running? Not that I'm into any races. But just curious.

But on the serious side, if y'all wanted to make a run for a while to get the team up a few more notches in the Collatz rankings, I'm game for it.

Edit: Is anyone running any Stream cards under linux? If so, what, and what flavor of linux. I've got a gtx275 currently crunching on rc5 and it's running ubuntu 9.10 My stream stuff is on XP, but would like to get some running under linux to keep the operating system costs down.
    Last edited by Sky_Captain; 04-29-2010 at 08:51 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    yea were still here, but like you said weve got that big supercomputer race going on, so ive been clearing my other boinc out of the rigs, and am just running WCG now

hey glenn, are yoou going to shut down production on freehal? and race me on WCG for the week ?

ive got a small home pharm.... im pulling about 4000w from my ups for all the rigs, so its fairly efficeient.

lets see, im runnnig

3 quad socket, quad core 8356 optis
    i7 920
    xeon 5320
    Q9550
    Q6600
    PII 955be
    2 X24400
    X2 3800
    P4C presshott

thats my crunching rigs. now for my collatz

2 5770 hawk
    2 4870
    4650 agp
    3850 agp

and these were on collatz but are going back on the grid

9800 GX2
    2 9600 GSO
    2 8800 GTS

yup, just a home farmer myself. I've got 13 systems total at present, 2 x2-3800's, one dual C2D, and the rest intel quads. Gpu wise are 5 xfx5770's, 2 xfx4850's running between Collatz and rc5, one gtx275 running rc5, then just sitting on the bench is a 9800GTX+, a GTS250, and an xfx4650. I only keep the 5770's, 4850's and the 275 running cause of heat and juice - 8 systems. I'm also not running stuff on the quads cause it really jacks the heat up when the gpu's are going too, and heat is an issue in the room this stuff is in. And then there is the wifey-poo and the constant cheap shots about the monthly utility bill... So I've slowed down quite a bit and cut my bill in half. By sticking with the gpu's I can keep the output up without going nuts. And this way I still get to play with the DC stuff and keep the hobby going and also keep the home front somewhat mollified. :-)
    Last edited by Sky_Captain; 04-30-2010 at 08:51 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by skycrane View Post
    hey glenn, are yoou going to shut down production on freehal? and race me on WCG for the week ?
    I am already racing you and you are winning. Freehal and the other things I am running don't take much CPU time. Freehal take about 3 seconds of CPU time for almost a 2 hour work unit. I have everything I got on WCG so I won't be catching up to you.

After the week is out I think I will leave my quads on WCG and power down the dual cores. Before I saw the WCG thing I had just powered the dual cores off to save electricty and help control the extra heat. I also thinking of getting rid of the dual cores for something better. I don't even have an I7 yet.

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    <-- Just joined.

I may as well put my 4850 to work while the CPUs are busy with WCG.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Xtreme Cruncher
    How do you install optimized apps?

Do you just copy and paste all the files into the project folder?
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Cruncher
    Any help fellow C@Hers?
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Member
    Ive just started running collatz, I am point hunting on BOINC to be honest I just want to see whats the max I can squeeze outta this thing (press button see number :P) so right now im running both cpu and gpu on collatz and im doing this with SLI disabled.

Im trying to find a good combination of cpu and gpu to crunch for the most points , most likely ill switch the 295 back to gpugrid i dont think any other gpu apps would give more points direct me otherwise if there is something out there. Cpu im not sure at all what would be best right now running collatz lets see how it goes not sure what gives the most points on cpu either.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast