Page 52 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 5414

Thread: XS HWBot Team

-100c Club
    alibabar, our GPU king, just confirmed to me that he is quitting the hwbot. He lost over 1000 points and 4 rankings. Many of his multicard benchies, made on a chiller and with CPU under single-stager, are now worth closely to 0 points. Perhaps you fail to realize how much work is involved in dual-card subzero benching, especially with ancient cards such as X1950Pro which can, in some cases, only be overclocked via BIOS editing.

Another good HW grinder, Matti, also announced he is done with hwbot.

I have to add I don't like hwbot staff's attitude towards users. Especially with your doctrine "If you don't like it, stop using it". There are 30.000+ users and I'm pretty sure there is a vast majority that doesn't like this new point system.

Make a pool and ask people what they think about it, I dare you!

P.S.: Yes, I gained over 400 points in hwmaster category, jumping from 20th to 11th. But that's not the point. I'm just stating facts.

I am Xtreme
    Do note that there was a problem with multi-GPU calculation to begin with. In Rev2, the weight of the SLI/CF category was calculated based on the popularity of the entire hardware category, so including the single GPU results. This was not in the design plan and a long-uncovered coding bug, which has been added to the Rev3 fix.

There's no such doctrine, although you can obviously make people believe there is. All what has been said is: "The new revision has only been up for 24h, so analysing the game before having even played it leads to conclusions based on assumptions based on other people's assumptions. If you can not live with the revision entirely, there's always the option just to leave HWBOT. If you want to provide feedback based on thorough inspection, play the game, analyse the flaw and provide the feedback".

Xtreme Legend
    lol sounds the same as tiborr's statement to me hehehe ... it's not that hard to see where Rev3 is going........you dont have to "use" it for a year to see if it suits you lol

I think you should start dealing with individual cases and explain to them with a practical example or two why they made their mind up wrong rather than post a comment like that....which could be seen as insulting imo
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

I am Xtreme
    My statement has the premise 'unwilling to try out the new revision' included whereas Tiborrr draws the picture that this premise isn't present. The key difference is that my statement doesn't contain a "GFY"-component, whereas Tiborrr suggests there is.

No one has ever said that there's nothing to improve or to adjust, however complains such as "this rev sucks because I lost points" helps literally no one. It's irritating for the user who complains and not useful for us either.

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Anyone having trouble going to HWBot. Been tryin to get on all day. Just keeps telling me all links are broken.

I am Xtreme
    Updating physical server at the moment.

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Ok, thanks. Any idea how long before Its up and running again?

I am Xtreme
    I have no ETA, RB is doing the change at the datacenter.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Lot's of changes in rev3. Positive for me, but I feel sad for someone like alibabar, losing all that 'work' is just depressing. I applause the hwbot team in optimizing the boints concept and daring to innovate. I also agree with awarding popular hardware more, but it automatically means that un-popular hardware is less interesting to work with and hence will also never become popular anymore.....

The extra weight-factor for popular hardware could also be something like a multiplier applied on the rev2 system, therefore keeping boints like it is and increasing output for people picking popular hardware? I have lots of old stuff laying around that wants to be benched, but running SuperPI32M and wPrime1024M on a heavily overclocked Pentium 3 system is now an investement of 5-8 hours of work ( of course including some almost completed benches, common case when searching the limits ) for 0.2 boints? Even on the popular Pentium 3 hardware not everbody is benching SuperPI32M and wPrime1024M because they take over 1.5 hours to complete, hence resulting in even less boints.

Just my first observations.

I'm sure there will be some changes to rev 3, but in general I like what rev 3 means for an average overclocker. Now you can get some points on air cooling, which was almost impossible before.
    The people that are complaining now were just getting too used to benching rare stuff without any competition and getting rewarded for it. In my opinion, this is not what benching should be about, the value of a score can only be estimated if you have a basis for comparison.
    The only problem I see is that categories which aren't popular now won't get popular in the future, sure, regular competitions will changed that, but you can't make as many competitions as there are different P3s for example.
    The system should be changed to award points for the first five ranks, so that cups are a bit more valuable than 0,1 points. Something like 1.5, 1.1, 0.8, 0.6, 0.4 and regardless of how many entries this should be the same until there are 10 or 15 or maybe even 20 entries, then you can start awarding points based on the new algorithm.

Such a long post, while the only thing I wanted to say to the team was: BENCH!!!! We're 43 points behind i4memory!
    Let's make it happen and enter Top 10 of the team rankings!

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    until there are 10 or 15 or maybe even 20 entries, then you can start awarding points based on the new algorithm.
    Damn, do you have acces to the secure discussion thread on HWBOT?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    Or some rewards/achievements/points for users that can get most gold cups using a type of cpu (quad cores)
    //RETIRED-o00o--°(_)°--o00o-OVERCLOCKER//

I'm afraid I just spend too much time on this hobby...

It's time for an update again:

At first, \/ENDE][A and me ( ^^ ) pushing a Geforce 8800 GTS 320 and a 8800 GT 512 respectively, both of us earning some points.
    Elano is still running his Q9650 and manages to score a big 28k in PCMark 05, thus setting a new WR for this CPU, earning more than 9 global points and almost 6 hardware points. Good work!
    _Datura_, our P3 grinder, is working on a P3 1.266GHz now, already setting a new WR for this CPU in 1M and CPU-Z.
    Then there is thebluemeanie1, who is running his Q9650 @ 4725MHz under water, scoring 10min 31s in 32M and almost 29k in 3DMark 05 with a 9800 GTX at 850/1250MHz.

We're at 11237 now, i4memory has 11260 points, keep pushing guys, we're really close to entering Top 10!

PS: I also ran MaxxMem at my 3D settings and I think this is the new record for DDR2....

Wpprriimmee crrraaazzzyyy
    Thanks for the update Don_Dan! Love to see everybody working hard getting nice hardware boints with REV3!
    I can studied it a little and know how I can pick up a few nice hardware points... just gotta get the hardware now!
    We can get the in the top 10!
    Heatware

Custom SS unit by Gray Mole, Sdumper Cascade, K|ngp|n F1 Gemnni, TEK9 Fatboy, TEK9 Slim, NB-1, H2O stuff...
    Celeron 347, Celeron 356, Celeron 420, 2x P4 631, P4 670, P4 640, P4 651, P4 524, PD 915, P4 540J, 2x P4 530J, P4 520J Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB DDR2-8500 2x Asus REX X48, Gigabyte EP45-UD3P rev 1.0, Asus Commando P965,
    Stuff I used to have:
    Asus RIIIE X58, Evga Classified P55, Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR, i5 670, E8600, Q9650, Q9550, , 3x2GB Mushkin Redline 2000C8,, G.Skill 2x2GB PC9600(Silver), Evga Evbot
    XFX 4770 modded, XFX 7950GT, XFX 6600GT, Evga 8600GTS 512MB, 3850 OC, 4x 3870s, and X600

"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." - James Stewart

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Linuxfan View Post
    Thanks for the update Don_Dan! Love to see everybody working hard getting nice hardware boints with REV3!
    I can studied it a little and know how I can pick up a few nice hardware points... just gotta get the hardware now!
    We can get the in the top 10!
    Hmm I already made a to do list for the team 3d wise....

I will make another concerning 2d when I have time but.....that will take a while.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Addict
    Hmm I already made a to do list for the team 3d wise....

I will make another concerning 2d when I have time but.....that will take a while.
    I would love to receive those chew, I'm not sure why but I can't seam to find my way to the closed XS Team forum...
    //RETIRED-o00o--°(_)°--o00o-OVERCLOCKER//

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Im waiting for the 5870 lightning to do some proper damage , already fiddled about with my 5770 , ran @ 1080mhz core and 1350mhz mem and beat the GPU score of the number one, didnt really check out LOD yet, cant seem to find any info about it with vantage, i thought you could gain a few hunderd points with it? anyhow, when i have LN2 again, i will put my cpu under cold, gpu under cold, and get some 1200mhz core speeds going going to invest more time in 3dmark05, see if i can prepare myself for that benchmark, so at benchday i can improve my 06 / vantage, and check out 3dmark05 and perhaps some 03 / aqua for the points!

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    [QUOTE=Don_Dan;4182314]I'm afraid I just spend too much time on this hobby...

Can you think of a better hobby
    I would have a lot more scores but, i`ve been sent the wrong board again. Some mix up in the warehouse with order codes. Hopefully will get right board later this week(third time lucky). Also i really need to start volt moddin` my cards, getting beat a lot by modded cards. Gonna pick up a soldering iron this week and give it a try.

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thijs View Post
    Im waiting for the 5870 lightning to do some proper damage , already fiddled about with my 5770 , ran @ 1080mhz core and 1350mhz mem and beat the GPU score of the number one, didnt really check out LOD yet, cant seem to find any info about it with vantage, i thought you could gain a few hunderd points with it? anyhow, when i have LN2 again, i will put my cpu under cold, gpu under cold, and get some 1200mhz core speeds going going to invest more time in 3dmark05, see if i can prepare myself for that benchmark, so at benchday i can improve my 06 / vantage, and check out 3dmark05 and perhaps some 03 / aqua for the points!
    From what i`ve heard and read LOD doesn`t work in Vantage.

Quote Originally Posted by thijs View Post
    Forget about using LOD in Vantage, a wise man once said "high card clocks are king in this benchmark"!
    Make sure you have a nice LOD value for 03 though!

Quote Originally Posted by \/ENDE][A View Post
    Can you think of a better hobby
    I would have a lot more scores but, i`ve been sent the wrong board again. Some mix up in the warehouse with order codes. Hopefully will get right board later this week(third time lucky). Also i really need to start volt moddin` my cards, getting beat a lot by modded cards. Gonna pick up a soldering iron this week and give it a try.
    Of course not!

Was that the P55 board again? You should think about ordering from another shop next time!

I need to look into voltmodding too, I already have a soldering iron and all the stuff you need, but I don't dare to do it without someone teaching me how to do it. I know, I'm a n00b.

When I ran some benches on my 8800 GT yesterday and the day before, I noticed an odd behavior of the card. I tested 3D stability with 05 cause I was under the impression it is the hardest benchmark, so my clocks should be stable for all the other benchmarks as well. I couldn't be more wrong.
    03 and AM3 would crash at the same scenes ( 03 when the sword starts to gleam in Troll's Lair, AM3 when the camera spins around the submarine ) when running it, I had to lower my GPU clocks considerably to get it stable, 01 was a just run at safe clocks to have a score, since I was freezing in the cold. ( Ambient temps were ~-6°C )
    Did you ever encounter something like this on your G92 cards?
    I think the card's memory is to be blamed, what do you think. Still, it's weird I could pass 05 but none of the other benchmarks at high clocks.

I am Xtreme
    i have the same problems....nvidia vrams aren't that good....i'm not sure if its the power going thru them...or what but...ddr3 does get hot and when its hot it sorta underperforms...my fans blasting thru some heatsinks do help.....

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'm going to participate in the HWBOT Geforce 4 contest. I've searched for GF4 cards and bought 2x Ti4200 and 1x Ti4600. The idea is to get phase on the GPU on some TECS or WC on the memory.

I have very little experience in 3DMark2003 tweaking, I read some stuff about LOD and other tweaks. Does somebody got a good starting point for me to get the best out of it (OS / OC tool etc)? I understand that 03 is very little CPU dependent. Will my good old s754 3700+ singlecore provide enough CPU power?

Brilliant Idiot
    Time for me to get back to work

Prepping OS's as I type.

Dunkin donuts ln2 pouring cups make an appearence once again

Something about 2400 watts of power is just liberating.

Bench partner oversees things and makes sure I don't screw anything up, plus she keeps the cat out, can't have cats, shag rugs or wool sweaters in the pc room now can we

Last edited by chew*; 01-04-2010 at 06:22 PM.
    heatware chew*

Brilliant Idiot
    Let's all have a moment of silence guys for a fellow team member that has passed.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=242510
    heatware chew*

I am Xtreme
    Team.XS[hwbot]

I didn't know Loonym's name...but farewell Jon. You got the signature in XS that only touched me. Bench in the sky bro.
    Last edited by Hondacity; 01-04-2010 at 10:25 PM.

Page 52 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102152 ... LastLast