Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Onepagebook Lifetime Ban at HWbot

Hybrid View

-100c Club

Onepagebook Lifetime Ban at HWbot

http://www.hwbot.org/hwbot.post.do?postId=1107

Dear HWbot members,

We regret to inform the user Onepagebook, previously third in the ranking, has been suspended from the Hwbot competition. Irregularities have been found in numerous benchmarks, including 3DMark06 and Aquamark, which were not possible to be reproduced by any of the crew members. Furthermore, the results can not be explained as bug or system anomality, but can be explained by using illegal software. Onepagebook did not deny this.

Since this is the second time Onepagebook has been caught producing very suspicious scores , the HWbot crew has no other option than to call in the lifetime ban option.

Next to that, underneath the Aquamark3 results. Pay attention to the FPS in the upper right corner and the total score. The total score should always be 1000x the FPS in the upper right corner. If not, it suggest tampering with the screenshot.

proof2.jpgproof1.jpg

Comments have been disabled in this post.

Kind regards,

The HWbot crew.

I think the "clap" don't must be...

and also not the news, what do you think why the comment is disabled at hwbot? -.-

-100c Club
    Clap goes to the careful eyes who caught the obvious cheat/glitch/what-ever-you-want-to-call-it.

It sure is news, people should be aware of consequences. Make it a prime example. Why would we have to tolerate people ruining this fun hobby of ours?

Xtreme Member
    tiborr is 100% right to bring this issue up. Now that things are geting serious (F1 Overclocking etc) actions like this deserve punishment.
    OPB is probably a great guy in his personal life, though we are NOT judging him as a person but as an active member of Hwbot and highly decorated member of the o/cing community.

Well, he crossed the line, not only once but twice.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by dread77 View Post
    Well, he crossed the line, not only once but twice.
    more than that actually... a lot more than that
    everybody involved in the scene and who watched the top scores had very very very strong suspicions about his scores for about 3 or 4 years now...
    for some reason he got sloppy lately and it was possible to finally prove that he cheated.
    there have been huge arguments with dozens of members involved and a bunch of people called xs and the ones who accused opb names and tried to cause trouble at xs on several occasions...

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    Kind of funny that HWBot just posted about OCX passing HOT in overall score. HOT is once again #1. Conspiracy?
    even if you were joking i dont think it was very smart to post something like this... im glad this thread didnt go downhill with conspiracy theories :P

Quote Originally Posted by Expat GriZ View Post
    This is just sad on so many levels.....
    why? its finally over... after years of hiding behind "i have several super mega tweaks" and people having a hard time to prove he was cheating, its not finally confirmed and we can move on. its a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post
    This isn't news.
    how can you say that?
    this is xs, its all about pushing hardware to the limits here and breaking world records, and one of the worst things to happen to the worldwide enthusiast community was OPB and his cheated scores that destroyed peoples motivation to try and break the world record cause whatever they do, somehow, mysteriously, he would always score slightly higher, sometimes with notably lower clocks...

and now hes finally proven guilty and even admits it... and thats not news???
    Last edited by saaya; 06-16-2009 at 03:32 AM.

We don't must tolerate this, It is good that hwbot does this!
    I totally agree with them.

But hwbot disables commenct because there is to much spamming about cheats and so on...
    Same here I think, espacialy if OPB is involved

Xtreme Cruncher
    Whoops,caught with hands right in the cookie jar...

Xtreme Addict
    Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Kind of funny that HWBot just posted about OCX passing HOT in overall score. HOT is once again #1. Conspiracy?

I am Xtreme
    i remember a 3dmark05/06 first place score that was passed as legit by the ORB system, but there was no way it could have been based on the hardware. in the description it clearly stated "this is a school project" and caused a huge fuss on their forum. while to some OCing is just fun, to others its a job, and you need to think about how your actions will make them feel when you bend the rules. im sure they wouldnt care if he played with the scores/code, as long as he did it with the right approach and not attempt to lie about the results

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Seriously that's the proof you have to ban the man?C'mon he found a tweak and doesn't share it is cheating?
    Proud owner of an iPhone3G 16G White

SpiTweaker by Monteboy,try it

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by DMH View Post
    Seriously that's the proof you have to ban the man?C'mon he found a tweak and doesn't share it is cheating?
    scores a generated based on framerate, and in the photo they dont match, its not a tweek at all

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DMH View Post
    I'm sorry but that's not a tweak. No matter what tweak you're using, average FPS x 1000 = final AM3 score.

Admin
    Okay guys - we have many good friends from OCX and we don't want to start up another forum war with them.
    XS staff will be watching this thread and any similar threads to stop flaming from the start.
    This is the first and last warning on this subject. Violators will receive vacations accordingly.
    If you have an arguement with hwbots decision, go argue with them. Don't do it here.
    thank you
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by runmc View Post
    Okay guys - we have many good friends from OCX and we don't want to start up another forum war with them.
    XS staff will be watching this thread and any similar threads to stop flaming from the start.
    This is the first and last warning on this subject. Violators will receive vacations accordingly.
    If you have an arguement with hwbots decision, go argue with them. Don't do it here.
    thank you
    I want a 7 day cruise to Norway!

Thought I'd ask

RAIDer

Thought I'd ask
    Come visit me in Norway (Oslo)

Then we can play some pcmark

Admin

Thought I'd ask
    Chris-

After rebuilding that cascade for "Noob of Leet" you of all people deserve a vacation
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Enthusiast
    No, you dont

-100c Club
    So 2x2 = 5 is a tweak? In which galaxy?

Xtreme Addict
    Fair enough Ron

uncore challenged...
    thank-you very much Ron, xtremely well said
    i don't quote in my signature, but best WR ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    It holds the current WR for the least vcore required to run 4500Mhz stable (1.32vcore)
    i can't even make that shyt up ^^^

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well, if it is only a tweak., why doesnt he say, rather than say nothing when accused of cheating.
    I dont really know, but its good that it has been dealt with quickly.

Xtreme Addict
    Hats off to OPB for at least not denying it when he got caught. You don't see many people doing that.

-Edit- He didn't admit. He just isn't raising sand trying to prove otherwise and furthering the embarrassment for both parties.
    Last edited by Reznik Akime; 06-15-2009 at 12:45 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznik Akime View Post
    Hats off to OPB for at least admitting it when he got caught. You don't see many people doing that.
    Did he admit it? All the article says: "Onepagebook did not deny this." , or maybe he admitted it somewhere else?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedMoMegaHurtZ View Post
    Did he admit it? All the article says: "Onepagebook did not deny this." , or maybe he admitted it somewhere else?
    Ah, I misread it. I should then say not denying it and making up some BS excuse. Either way it's a somewhat graceful unraveling without the admins and OPB shouting back at each other.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast