Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project: Mozart TX 2009

Xtreme Member

Project: Mozart TX 2009

Well, here we go. I have transplanted my computer from my Thermaltake Mozart TX, to a CM 690. Then I stripped my Mozart down to pretty much core. I have been doing measurements and plotting the best places to put the radiators, and what radiators to get, this is where I might need a little help.

Course what worklog wouldn't be complete without a few pictures.

That's what I used to use it for, so boring.

Front Side Low

Front Side High

Left Side Low

Frontal Inside - Without major cutting and modding I can only fit a 240 in here. Yes I did the measurements and even with a massively long 27 cm GTX280 I still have room, because my fans will be on the outside, or my rad with be.

Rear Inside - Looking at putting Duel 240 Rads

Now, as far as I am looking at it, I want to buy a 360 in the front, and to do that I will lose one (or two) HDD bays, and 5.25 bays. So, would it be worth it to have 1x 360 rad and 2x 240 rads or just 3x 240 rads?
    Famous Quote from a Random Friend,"You can't spell Success without Excess."

0.o wait... you are using Liquid Awesome? I told you to not melt down Michael Bay!

Xtreme Member
    Hey looking forward to this build as I have a mozart myself. Heres a few pics to give you ideas of where to put rads. Also at the back i think you can put 1 x 360 and 1 x 240 or what ive done.

Xtreme Member
    Looking forward to se how its turnout...

Maybe my build log can be to some inspiration...

Xtreme Member
    these cases have so much potential! theres a thread floating about where a guy transplanted his xbox 360 and his pc in to one, look forward to seeing the outcome on this one

Xtreme Member
    I don't know if this helps at all, but I don't plan on putting the thick front panel back on. I plan on priming the whole thing black, then spraying it OD Green. I get paid every two weeks or so, so when I get money I will order parts until then... measure.... measure... plot.

0.o wait... you are using Liquid Awesome? I told you to not melt down Michael Bay!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Gurby I think you should use more 90 degrees. So you don't get a tube sticking out.
    Armor.exe worklog

Mobo: Asus Rampage 2 Extreme X58
    CPU: i7 920
    GPU: ATi HD 4870x2
    Sound: Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1
    PSU : Corsair HX1000
    RAM: OCZ 3 x 2GB tri channel DDR3-1600
    HDD: WD 640 Black RAID 0 + 1

Watercooled

Xtreme Member
    Exe yeh I agree with you it looks pretty silly, ive orderd a gtz and should be re-doing my whole case from scratch next week. Good luck with Mozart build!

Xtreme Member
    Alright, I decided to put a 240 in the front to avoid any major cutting. I will run my video cards off this 240, and my motherboard on my 2x 240s in the back.

So here next week (since ordering on New Years never works out and it's easier just to wait till the week after) I will order:

1x Black Ice GT Stealth 240 (Lower or Upper Back)

GTS 240

2x Black Ice GT Stealth 240 XFlow (Lower or Upper Back, and Front Mount)

GTS 240 XFlow

I was going to get some high performance fans at the local computer store, but if anyone has some fan recommadation, I would love to hear them. I need 10x 120mm Fans, and 1x 80mm Fan.

Now to keep positive airflow the front fans will be intake and the rear fans will be exhaust. Yet I am worried a bit about the front radiator blowing heat all over the hardware, so if anyone has a really good exhaust fan recommendation that would be nice. I don't think I will have room for PCI Exhaust Fans.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFang300 View Post
    Alright, I decided to put a 240 in the front to avoid any major cutting. I will run my video cards off this 240, and my motherboard on my 2x 240s in the back.

So here next week (since ordering on New Years never works out and it's easier just to wait till the week after) I will order:

1x Black Ice GT Stealth 240 (Lower or Upper Back)

GTS 240

2x Black Ice GT Stealth 240 XFlow (Lower or Upper Back, and Front Mount)

GTS 240 XFlow

I was going to get some high performance fans at the local computer store, but if anyone has some fan recommadation, I would love to hear them. I need 10x 120mm Fans, and 1x 80mm Fan.

Now to keep positive airflow the front fans will be intake and the rear fans will be exhaust. Yet I am worried a bit about the front radiator blowing heat all over the hardware, so if anyone has a really good exhaust fan recommendation that would be nice. I don't think I will have room for PCI Exhaust Fans.
    everything seems good bro, about the front fan blowing heat on your hardware, I had a rad mounted in the front on my old case and water setup, and to be honest it wasn't bad, the rads you are getting are good and should not get too hot. I think you'll be fine.

Banned
    have you measured the two 240 rads in width, because I have a funny feeling they wont fit where you want to put them without modding the case, but Andy is right, that 4x120 square Rad looks like the go, would atleast consider it..

Xtreme Member
    Hmm, interesting Quad Rad, seems to fit well. My only issue is that since the ports are on the side, and I don't want any hoses outside of the case, I would have to mount inside, and fit 90 Degree nozzles on them. Even if I mounted it outside I would need to cut the two hose holes and mount them with 90s degree fittings. Well at least it's G 1/4 which I think everything is these days.

So I can get some 90 Degree compression fittings for it. As for the front duel I chose the GTS 240 XFLOW because it was narrow enough to fit there, and the fans will be mounted outside of the case. So I can still fit my SLI 280 (yes I measure those too) or my SLI 295s which ever I end up getting.

Xtreme Member
    I will need to post up some pictures or something about my plan, but the quad rear rad is for the motherboard (CPU, VR, VR, NB, SB, not necessarily in that order) and the front rad would be for my 1 or 2 high performance video cards. This is two seperate lines, two pumps, resavoirs, two systems.

I measured and with the Stealth almost 3CM rad leaves me about .5 to 1CM of room for the giant 280 or 295s. If I get a larger front rad, I would need to cut the front panel out, or external mount the front rad and have the fans on the inside sucking air in. Not to mention my power supply cables come through those few side ports and a thicker rad won't let them in, if it's internally mounted.

Xtreme Member
    Sweet! Payday, I just got back from the store and I bought a Dremel, a Craftsmen 12V Cordless Drill, Meteric/Standard 16 foot tape measure, and a drill bit set. Also pulled out some Yen (Japanese Currency) so I can go to the store (I live in Japan) and buy the 10x 120mm Fans, and 1x 80mm Fan.

Course with all the tool purchasing I won't be able to budget for my rads or any other parts till next payday, 2 weeks from now. Darn Oh well I will post pictures of my case cutting and de-riveting later this week hopefully, for now I am off to a New Years Party. Have fun HAPPY NEW YEARS.

Oh I don't think I mentioned why I am de-riveting the case. Simple I am painting it, going for a Urban Digital Camoflague. Black, Dark Grey, Blue, Light Grey. That sort of thing.

Xtreme Member

The Monster Is Born!

Alright well I have the results of a whole week four day weekend of modding, and painting. I hope you all like it, for the Mozart is now a Monster.

Rad will be order next week. [Looks into his empty wallet]

"Ow no! Doctor it's in pieces!" "Don't worry dear, we can rebuild it"

Quick getting the cage ready!

This didn't turn out as planned.

Doctor! You've made a monster!

LOGO

Xtreme Addict
    ^^^ can't wait dude!!

Xtreme Member
    i like the approach with the paints, only seen one other build using a similar paint pattern, keep up the good work
    *** Silverstone LC16B MR - 1.5Tb - Q6600 - Silverstone NT07 - 4 Gig PC6400 Corsair - 520W Corsair PSU - LG BR/HD Drive
    Creative XFI Soundcard - Sapphire 4850 512mb ***

Huh i love camo paintjob
    ..:: DFI x58 T3eH8 :: i7-920 :: OCZ Platinum 3x2GB 1600 CL7 :: Powercolor 4870x2 :: Spinpoint F1 750GB :: Antec Quattro 1kw :: LianLi PC-P80 Armorsuit :: H2O Loop by EK Waterblocks ::..

Xtreme Member
    Wooo looking awesome

Xtreme Member
    Alright Alright I have been doing alot of thinking and after looking over some pictures I think I have my shopping list set in stone... well wet cement at least.

Computer Hardware:

CPU: Intel i7 920

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5

Memory: 12GB Corsair Dominator 1600 DDR3 (Start off with 6GB and get the other 6GB later)

Video Cards: 3x Nvidia GTX 280 (probably EVGA, not sure which one of their line up though)

Power Supply: Themaltake Thoughpower 1200watt (I hope this is enough)

Hard Drive: 2x 300GB Western Digital VelociRaptor in Raid 0 (Not sure how that all works out yet.)

Hard Drive: 1x 1TB Western Digital Enterprise Drive.

Optical Drive: LG Blue Ray Burner

Monitor: Samsung 30inch LCD (think big)

That list seems pretty beefy, I hope it does to you, cause it does to me. I failed to include a sound card into my list, for two reasons. Number 1 saves me money and to tell the truth On-Board sound suits what I do more the most part. Number 2 I am not sure it if will fit with all the video card goodness. So after I get everything set up and running I will see about a sound card.

Also for the Hard Drives, I really want to SSD the OS, and use 1x 300GB Raptor for Apps and Games. Hopefully 2009 will have some better cheaper SSDs.

Liquid Cooling Hardware:

Radiator 1: MagiCool XTREME QUAD 480 Radiator

Radiator 2: Black IceŽ GT Stealth 240 XFlow Highest Performance Radiator

[blinks] Ok now here is where I get a little confused. I want to water cool my CPU, Northbridge, Voltage Regulators, and South Bridge. Now Koolance has a long list of awesome blocks for all of those that I need so I will probably go with them. Yet instead of listing all of the blocks you can just go to the site to see for youself, I am going to ask a few questions.

10mm or 13mm hose diameter? I mean think about the loop for a second.

Pump (400 or 450 not sure which I need yet)>480 Rad>VR>CPU>VR>NB>SB>240 Rad>GPU>GPU>GPU>Res>Pump

A epic long loop, I know 13mm would give me greater volume but then again that SB gap between the video cards is a tight fit. 10mm seems to give me greater flex but still decent flow. I would like to go 13mm, but as of right now I have yet to see any set ups with that board.

Oh and is a 400 pump strong enough for that, or will I need a 450? This is Koolance terms, I am not sure what they are called by other brands at the moment.

Man that was a long post... but one step closer to bringing this monster to life.

Xtreme Mentor
    That paintjob looks really good. Makes me want to go play cod4
    Asus P6T, I7-920, 6gb ocz xmp, 4890, Raid 0-1 Terabyte, full watercooled - Triple Loop 5 radiators

Xtreme Member
    *sigh* So my current video card(8800GTX) in this rig(my only one) decided to bend over and eat it's own #$%. So I have decided that the money I was going to use on Rads and parts this coming pay day will be spent replacing and mending this system. I am currently running on windows drivers and down to one monitor. This pushes my liquid system back about another two weeks. Yet I have not gave up hope.

Xtreme Member
    sorry to hear about the set back, but still quite an impressive list of hardware, sure it will turn out great
    *** Silverstone LC16B MR - 1.5Tb - Q6600 - Silverstone NT07 - 4 Gig PC6400 Corsair - 520W Corsair PSU - LG BR/HD Drive
    Creative XFI Soundcard - Sapphire 4850 512mb ***

Xtreme Member
    You should really split that stuff up into two separate loops, maybe even three, considering the case you have. Your VGAs need their own loop with a beefy rad and the cpu would be happy with its own loop, but you could probably through some more stuff in that one. Then maybe a third one for the nb/sb mosfets, etc. I would use the MCP355 with top for each loop.

heat
    TJ07-Ultra 1200W-E8400-Rampage Formula-4870-4gb G.skill-74gb Raptor-500gb Seagate-Windows 7

Apogee GTZ-XSPC Razor-DDC3.2 w/ XSPC top-PA120.3-MCR220-EK 250 res

Xtreme Member

Mozart has died.

So I had taken my old computer and put it from the Mozart into a CM 690 case, and as you might have read my video card burned out. Well I quickly found out that I hate mid tower cases, or small full tower case. I didn't have the money to replace my two cases. So I am selling my CM 690 to a coworker, and once I get my replacement mobo and duel 4850s in the mail I will raise my monster.

Sadly this means no liquid cooling in that case. I am sorry to disappoint those that were watching, everything was on track till the crash. Even after all that moding I felt there were still going to be issues with the case. I am currently evaulating my case options. Changing around my hardware. I will wait to post a worklog for my 2009 liquid rig until I have most of my parts on hand. So as to not string you fine people along.

Thanks for the support.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFang300 View Post
    So I had taken my old computer and put it from the Mozart into a CM 690 case, and as you might have read my video card burned out. Well I quickly found out that I hate mid tower cases, or small full tower case. I didn't have the money to replace my two cases. So I am selling my CM 690 to a coworker, and once I get my replacement mobo and duel 4850s in the mail I will raise my monster.

Sadly this means no liquid cooling in that case. I am sorry to disappoint those that were watching, everything was on track till the crash. Even after all that moding I felt there were still going to be issues with the case. I am currently evaulating my case options. Changing around my hardware. I will wait to post a worklog for my 2009 liquid rig until I have most of my parts on hand. So as to not string you fine people along.

Thanks for the support.

damn bro, definitely not what we wanted to hear, but hey keep us posted, i'll be watching this thread closely

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast