Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Retail DFI UT X58-T3eH8

Xtreme Member
    jcool if you are referring to me who said something about plug and play? The UT X48 had very big problems regarding to high fsb for quads meaning it was crap at oc them comparing it to other x48 like rampage formula.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreYang View Post
    ok...show me your 90 degree for me. I will agress with you. How many does DFI digital pwm make? How about foxconn digital pwm? ATI and Nvidia vga cards? All use the same digital pwm. What's your point?
    My point is that in this manner the next generation of pwm for mobos will heat up as much as a cpu. That is not an evolution.
    Last edited by SuporterPoli; 01-03-2009 at 06:02 AM.
    Intel Q9450@3.8GHz|Lian Li PC-A16b|Corsair 1000HX|Asus P5Q Deluxe|Thermalright Ultra120Extreme|Mushkin Redline 4GB|Sapphire 4870x2|
    WD Velociraptor 150GB+6400AAKS|HP LP2475W|Logitech Mx518+Steelseries Qck+Logitech CK200

Back from the Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by SuporterPoli View Post
    jcool if you are referring to me who said something about plug and play? The UT X48 had very big problems regarding to high fsb for quads meaning it was crap at oc them comparing it to other x48 like rampage formula.
    Believe me, I know that. See my sig.. I tried for weeks to get my X38 over a stable FSB of 460 with a quad, it just ain't possible, confirmed by a lot of other guys around XS as well.
    Why did I stick with that mobo anyway you ask? Well, because it's the only one I trusted to run my Q6600 24/7 at full load. After 3 dead mobos (burnt out PWM...) I knew I had to go serious.. and DFIs 8 phase digital PWM with the 2 volterras is about the strongest PWM out there. Screw Asus & Gigabyte's 16 phase analog, they still droop like hell

I just made the general statement that you can't complain about 90C digital PWM temps, either suck it up or improve cooling.
    World Community Grid - come join a great team and help us fight for a better tomorrow![size=1]

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SuporterPoli View Post

My point is that in this manner the next generation of pwm for mobos will heat up as much as a cpu. That is not an evolution.

your cpu temp is 100 degree does not mean the temperature all around the socket is 100 degree , the system temperature may be the hottest spot on the board ... If DFI want to fool the user , DFI can just select another measure point and say " Loo k at this low system temperature , how cool board we have " , you got it ?

Xtreme Member
    I did not get it, it hasnt reached the Romanian market yet. /joke
    Why so negative AndreYang?
    Intel Q9450@3.8GHz|Lian Li PC-A16b|Corsair 1000HX|Asus P5Q Deluxe|Thermalright Ultra120Extreme|Mushkin Redline 4GB|Sapphire 4870x2|
    WD Velociraptor 150GB+6400AAKS|HP LP2475W|Logitech Mx518+Steelseries Qck+Logitech CK200

Xtreme Member
    Test 32M under LN2

Did you use XP for this? It's useless with 6GB Ram.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by GNU View Post
    Did you use XP for this? It's useless with 6GB Ram.

Win2003 Server

Xtreme Enthusiast
    thanks for sharing andre i always read your posts cos you tell it as it is , would you say the dfi is the pic of the current x58 boards atm , and were you pleasantly surprised by the 295 gtx's

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by GLENBOY View Post
    thanks for sharing andre i always read your posts cos you tell it as it is , would you say the dfi is the pic of the current x58 boards atm , and were you pleasantly surprised by the 295 gtx's

OK....show some magic to everyone.

All are on air,so who care about triple sli now?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    thats amazing , and at "only" 4197mhz

Xtreme Addict
    OK....show some magic to everyone.

All are on air,so who care about triple sli now?

Quad sli only supported in vista right? So non vista owners would still care I suppose... Very Impressive results by the way.
    Praetor
    » Intel i7 2600K 3103B306 » Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z » Asus GTX 470's TRi-SLI » Corsair Dominator GT CMT4GX3M2A2000C8 » Corsair Force F180 SSD » Corsair AX1200 PSU » Corsair 800D
    » Cooling : Swiftec Apogee XT » Swiftec MCP350-DDC1 w/XSPC Dual DDC Bay Reservoir » Swiftech MCR320-QP w/Scythe SlipStreams 110CFM

The Yamato
    » Intel i7 920 3849B028 or i7 980X » Asus Rampage III Extreme Black Edition » Asus HD6970's QuadFireX or Asus GTX 570's 4way SLI » 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF » Corsair Force F180 SSD » Corsair AX1200 PSU » Microcool Banchetto 101
    » Cooling : Dragon F1 Extreme Edition(LN2) » Custom SS by RunMc »

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
    Quad sli only supported in vista right? So non vista owners would still care I suppose... Very Impressive results by the way.

How about CrossfireX? It's only support Vista, too. Single 295 card on XP beat 4870X2 single card, too.

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
    Triple SLI is supported by Vista only.

C2D E8400 E0 @ 4GHz : DFI LANParty X48 UT T3R : Mushkin Black Ascent 2x1GB DDR3 : BFG GTX260 : Corsair HX520W

Xtreme Addict
    Just got this board and I have to say that so far I'm impressed by the design. Haven't booted it up yet, but I ripped off all the stock cooling and noticed that there was ample gray thermal paste (seems like a thicker version of MX2) on the IOH chip and the digital mosfets. Southbridge had tons of white paste. All the fins on the heatpipes were soldered on not just thermal glued like the Asus boards, and there is a 'backplate' for both the northbridge and mosfet mounting holes so that the pcb doesn't warp when pressure is applied.

That said, components used on the mobo look cheaper though. For example all the analog chokes used seem to be the iron core type, not ferrite core. Asus switched to all ferrite cores a while ago. There is only a 2 phase ram PWM circuit whereas Asus has a 3 phase.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by HKPolice View Post
    Just got this board and I have to say that so far I'm impressed by the design. Haven't booted it up yet, but I ripped off all the stock cooling and noticed that there was ample gray thermal paste (seems like a thicker version of MX2) on the IOH chip and the digital mosfets. Southbridge had tons of white paste. All the fins on the heatpipes were soldered on not just thermal glued like the Asus boards, and there is a 'backplate' for both the northbridge and mosfet mounting holes so that the pcb doesn't warp when pressure is applied.

That said, components used on the mobo look cheaper though. For example all the analog chokes used seem to be the iron core type, not ferrite core. Asus switched to all ferrite cores a while ago. There is only a 2 phase ram PWM circuit whereas Asus has a 3 phase.

It's not cheap choke. More memory phase does not mean more stable and oc high. Before you test, please flash to 12/31 bios first.

Xtreme Addict
    It's not cheap choke. More memory phase does not mean more stable and oc high. Before you test, please flash to 12/31 bios first.
    The Foxconn Bloodrage has a 3 phase memory PWM and it holds the record for highest DDR3 clock.

Memory Addict
    The Foxconn Bloodrage has a 3 phase memory PWM and it holds the record for highest DDR3 clock.
    But is that 32M pi stable.. all I care about

pcmark05 = 30k broken on DFI UT X58-T3EH8 http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=213333
    ---

Xtreme Legend
    Have you seen DDR3 2200~2300 CL8 32M on that mobo? Why did you think 3 phase is more stable?
    Last edited by AndreYang; 01-05-2009 at 12:02 AM.

Banned
    Andre, I see why you were in a hurry to get rid of those 4870 x2s.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Zucker2k View Post
    Andre, I see why you were in a hurry to get rid of those 4870 x2s.

My price is good. Isn't it?

/dev/zero
    Have you seen DDR3 2200~2300 CL8 32M on that mobo? Why did you think 3 phase is more stable?
    Wait till Charles gets his BloodRage up and running.
    The number of mem phases does not matter that much. Trace lengths should be kept at a minimum to minimize signal noise. Add quality components and an optimized layout... I am eagerly awaiting my BloodRage, though I lack some serious mem kit.
    Xtremesystems.org
    i7-4820K * ryba 2-stager + 1-stager * EVGA X79 Dark * 32G Team Xtreem 2666C11 * EVGA GTX 680 SC Sig. * Intel G2 80G * Corsair HX1000 * Lian Li PC-70B * Watercool Heatkiller, EK Fullcover/Backplate for GTX, MCP355 Dual Setup@Koolance RP-402X2, PA120.3+Alphacool 360, Tubing 16/10.

Banned
    My price is good. Isn't it?
    As always; sorry for making you freeze your ass though.

Quote Originally Posted by jcool View Post
    If you want plug and play go with Asus or Gigabyte, DFI is not for noobs, sorry (both regarding bios control and cooling).
    Is this really the consensus? Does everyone agree with this?

I ask because I was on the verge of buying this board just now, however I've never dabbled in overclocking before. I really like the layout and appearance of this board, but these comments from jcool(who seems experienced and sounds as though he knows what he's talking about) have me worried that I may be making the wrong choice.

Would this board really not be as stable as say the base P6T in stock form or with a mild overclock? I plan to learn how to overclock properly, ideally over the next few weeks, but am worried that this board may be too much for a novice like me to handle right now. I'm really not too concerned with hitting crazy numbers though. A 3.6 or 3.8 would be fine with me. If that's the case should I really aim for the Asus board and would the DFI work fine as well?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    at stock clocks they will be just as good. However if u begin to delve into the BIOS settings on a DFI u are more likely to get lost than on say an Asus.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    go on andre give us a peek at 295gtx 3d01 nature score we know its going to be big , i hate 3dmark vantage i know its the newest mark but i simply don't like running it myself

Back from the Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle View Post
    Is this really the consensus? Does everyone agree with this?

I ask because I was on the verge of buying this board just now, however I've never dabbled in overclocking before. I really like the layout and appearance of this board, but these comments from jcool(who seems experienced and sounds as though he knows what he's talking about) have me worried that I may be making the wrong choice.

Would this board really not be as stable as say the base P6T in stock form or with a mild overclock? I plan to learn how to overclock properly, ideally over the next few weeks, but am worried that this board may be too much for a novice like me to handle right now. I'm really not too concerned with hitting crazy numbers though. A 3.6 or 3.8 would be fine with me. If that's the case should I really aim for the Asus board and would the DFI work fine as well?
    Well first off, let me say I might have come on a bit too strong here, and I wasn't in the best of moods while posting this

Still, OCing DFI mobos will never be as easy as, say, Asus or Gigabyte, but sometimes you can gain that little extra on DFIs that you don't get elsewhere - IF you are prepared to tweak for some time (1 week min for max stable CPU/mem/etc clocks I'd say).

If you just want something that works and OCs great without a hassle, I can highly recommend the Gigabytes. I had 2 EX58-Extreme for customer builds so far, all you need to do even with 12GB of ram is set 5-6 settings in bios and it just works at 200 BCLK, stable as a rock. Haven't pushed these above a 200 BCLK due to lack of time, but they'd probably do more as well.

Now as to the x58 DFI, I am still waiting on my new evap head and CPU to arrive, so I can't really tell how easy/difficult it will be to OC it. According to the bios shots I have seen and to eva2000's postings I gather it's easier than it was on the X38/X48/P45 mobos (my X38 has 100-150 settings for ram tweaking alone )
    World Community Grid - come join a great team and help us fight for a better tomorrow![size=1]

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast