Thread: MSI x58 Platinum SLi? and Foxconn Renaissance

Xtreme Member

MSI x58 Platinum SLi? and Foxconn Renaissance

i'm aware the msi x58 platinum is sli capable.. but it does not come with an sli bridge?? so how is sli supposed to be enabled on it

or does it have an SLi bridge and i'm missing it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...escription=x58

i wanna buy it.. but only if i can be 100 percent sure i can run sli on this board

another board i looked at is the foxconn renaissance.... i see this board supports up to tri sli.. but this too has no sli bridge?! can this be run without the bridge?!
    Cpu: Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9 ghz (cooled w/ Apogee GTZ)
    Mobo: Gigabyte EX58 UD5
    Ram: G.SKill 3x1 GB DDR3 1600
    GPU: GTX 280
    PSU: E Power 1000 Watt

Xtreme Member
    it cannot be run without the bridge, have you check MSU website ? it's weird they don't give the bridge with the board
    Core i7 2700k@4,8ghz HT off- 1.41v / Gainward GTX580 GooD 850/1700/2200 / 2X4Gb G.Skill Ares 1833C9 / Z77 Sabertooth / Crucial M4 64 Gb / WD 320Gb and 640GB / Corsair H80 / Corsair 620 HX

Xtreme Enthusiast
    not all x58s support sli i dont think, im not sure the platinum is 'officially' supported, so no bridge?

dont hold me on that, but on the list released not to long ago from nvidia, the platinum wasnt on there.

Xtreme Addict
    Somewhere on earth between Taipei, Paris and Montreal
    If i'm right X58 platinum can run SLI but MSI don't want to sell platinum edition for SLI USE.

Eclipse have this SLI Bridge BUT don't have the Tri-SLI bridge (But can run tr-SLI)

Eclipse + will have the tri-sli bridge !
    Overclocking-TV Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Ha, ha, ha.....NO WAY.....When I show someone preparing to take a shot, I hided the cigarette....

Xtreme Member
    well what about the renaissance.. i see sli and tri sli support.. but 0 bridges

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Don't worry about the no SLI bridge, the Renaissance has an obvious design error that keeps it from being SLI able anyway. See the x1 PCIE slot between the x16 slots? It's for the included add-in sound card. Problem is it's placed exactly where the SLI bridge needs to go, so you can't have SLI unless you give up sound. Also, the sound card would interfere with doing the standard zero cost mod, replacing the stock loud irritaing fan on the GTX280 with a common 120mm fan. This mod is necessary if you go the SLI route assuming 2x gtx280.
    So for all practical purposes, the mobo can't do SLI due to bad component placement.

Xtreme Monster
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouffman View Post
    If i'm right X58 platinum can run SLI but MSI don't want to sell platinum edition for SLI USE.

Eclipse have this SLI Bridge BUT don't have the Tri-SLI bridge (But can run tr-SLI)

Eclipse + have this Tri-SLI Bridge BUT don't have the Quad-SLI bridge (But can run qd-SLI)

Fixed
    Last edited by Metroid; 11-20-2008 at 08:31 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm 90% sure the sli version of this board is the same as the regular version.
    I forgot what page it was on but in the Manuel of the x58 platinum sli, they was a picture of a little chip called TPM trusted platform module) that attached to some jumpers on the mobo. IT is probably what allows sli drivers to be installed, which can be found here:
    http://drivers.softpedia.com/downloa...8+Platinum+SLI

NYWAY, I will be testing this out whithin a week, if all goes according to plan :/
    As Los Alamos director J. Robert Oppenheimer watched the demonstration, he later said that a line from the Hindu scripture the Bhagavad Gita came to mind:
    "I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
    Test director Kenneth Bainbridge in turn said to Oppenheimer, "Now we are all sons of b**ches." wiki