Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Fan controllers, AQUAERO VS mCubed T-Balancer (updated)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scamps View Post
    Aquero with powerbooster upgrade + PowerAmp http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_...oducts_id=2363

channel 1 (powerboosted): first DDC
    channel 2: PowerAmp and behind the second DDC
    I read on one of Shoggy's post that dual DDCs will not work due to power draw issues during spin up http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...0&postcount=15.

It's not quite clear whether he meant dual DDCs will not work in channel 1 simultaneously or will not work in any configuration. Nothing was mentioned about the PowerAmp however.

What effect does 10 - 10.5 V (output of PowerAmp) have on DDCs?

Xtreme Guru
    It's not quite clear whether he meant dual DDCs will not work in channel 1 simultaneously or will not work in any configuration. Nothing was mentioned about the PowerAmp however.
    What effect does 10 - 10.5 V (output of PowerAmp) have on DDCs?
    Effect of 10-10.5V Amp - you simply can run pump at only 80% of it max speed. Similar to speed4 of D5 vario. But the essence of using those DIY poweramps or eg. mcubed fanamp is that you get your power for pump from another separate power cable as to one feeding aquaero. It's just that voltage is regulated to be same as from aquaero, and rpms of fan or pump are forwarded to aquaero.
    Last edited by Church; 02-18-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Aqua Computer Rep
    @hchristian: you can use the aquaero with powerbooster for ONE pumpe. If you want more pumps you can connect one ore more poweramps to a fan channel.
    Got a question or having a problem with your Aqua Computer product?
    Contact us via PM or E-Mail.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    @hchristian: you can use the aquaero with powerbooster for ONE pumpe. If you want more pumps you can connect one ore more poweramps to a fan channel.
    Thanks Shoggy for clearing that up.

So let me sum it up :

Channel 1 : Pump with 12V
    Channel 2 + Powerbooster : Pump with 10 V - 10.5 V
    Channel 3 : Fan
    Channel 4 : Fan

So essentially you are left with 2 channels to control fans with.
    How does RPM controlling work when 2 fans are spliced to 1 channel?

Aqua Computer Rep
    If you mean poweramp when sying powerbooster, than it is OK

You will only able to monitor one RPM signal when you connect several fans to one channel.

Xtreme Member
    If you mean poweramp when sying powerbooster, than it is OK

You will only able to monitor one RPM signal when you connect several fans to one channel.
    Thanks Shoggy, sure cleared my questions.

Now to consider the International shipping costs for an Aquero

Xtreme Member
    In the same boat. Is the AQUAERO the one to go for?

ZR30W | 800D | 2600K | MIVE | 580 HydroGen | X25-160 | Aquaero

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by hchristian View Post
    Thanks Shoggy, sure cleared my questions.

Now to consider the International shipping costs for an Aquero
    Where do you live? I think Bitspower out of Taiwan can also ship AC stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Asgard View Post
    In the same boat. Is the AQUAERO the one to go for?
    I have two of them; got my first around 4 1/2 years ago I think and have LOVED it.
    Current Project: City of Light, (sortof) Updated 3/25 - A New Arrival

Xtreme Member
    Shoggy, can the Aquaero software be enhanced to include CPU, GPU and other temps for fan speed control?

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

X4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

Aqua Computer Rep
    No, that is not possible. Would also make not much sense for fan control since the internal sensors jump up and down within seconds.

Xtreme Member
    No, that is not possible. Would also make not much sense for fan control since the internal sensors jump up and down within seconds.
    The CPU/GPU temp fluctuation is definitely higher than the coolant but I wouldn't say it's useless in controlling fan speed. I've been using these parameters for watercooling successfully for quite a while.

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

X4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I also have a quesiton. Can you split a temperature sensor and plug it into 2 aquaeros or is there a way for the other aquaero to read from the first one?

Or must i have 2 sensors.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philwong View Post
    The CPU/GPU temp fluctuation is definitely higher than the coolant but I wouldn't say it's useless in controlling fan speed. I've been using these parameters for watercooling successfully for quite a while.

Phil
    This has been debated quite a bit already. If you're cooling the water you base your fan speed by the temperature of the water not the CPU, etc. Trying to run your rad fans by measuring the temp of the cpu is like me setting our AC by the temperature of my wife: she's usually quite hot but the fluctuations will make you crazy!

BTW, I'm going down to Tioman island tomorrow (and then back up to KL); have you ever been there? Also, are there any decent water cooling shops in KL?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodholm View Post
    I also have a quesiton. Can you split a temperature sensor and plug it into 2 aquaeros or is there a way for the other aquaero to read from the first one?

Or must i have 2 sensors.
    The temperatures rely on minute fluctuations in resistance (I think), so that definitely would not be possible. You even have to re-calibrate them if you change the length of the cable! Keep in mind though you can put as many water temp sensors in your loop as you want.

I have two Aquaeros and I just divide up their duties: one is for monitoring surface temperatures and logging, the other is for monitoring water temperatures and pump RPM's (for automatic shutdown). It takes a bit of planning ahead but it works. You definitely have to draw it all out and label your cables carefully!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by headala View Post
    The temperatures rely on minute fluctuations in resistance (I think), so that definitely would not be possible. You even have to re-calibrate them if you change the length of the cable! Keep in mind though you can put as many water temp sensors in your loop as you want.

I have two Aquaeros and I just divide up their duties: one is for monitoring surface temperatures and logging, the other is for monitoring water temperatures and pump RPM's (for automatic shutdown). It takes a bit of planning ahead but it works. You definitely have to draw it all out and label your cables carefully!
    Thats what i thought. Im thinking of controlling 2 DDC3.2 in a dual EK pump top. And im worried that if the temperatures vary or sensors isnt calibrated the same way i will have one pump pushing the other or one pump speeding up the other one. I don't know if thats really a problem though.

Xtreme Guru
    Shoggy: see above +1 to many others needing for more power from single aquaero. It's possible in several ways to workarround that limitation, but most of them will stay as 'hacks', not 'solutions'. :/

Aqua Computer Rep
    Well, there will never be a solution with that aquaero since it has already reached its technical limits with the powerbooster variant. It is already a wonder that it works this way. Any more power would always lead to a damaged controller.

@hchristian: you can only use the rpm signal of one fan.

Xtreme Member
    Well.. after reading all this awesome information, i ended up buying the Aquaero Fan controller. Can't wait till it gets here!! Can't believe i bought that Aerocool Touch 1000..
    Last edited by Erdrick1980; 09-03-2010 at 01:58 PM.
    http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67041

Case: Silverstone Temjin TJ07B/MurderMod Faceplate/Serpentin Acrylic top.
    PSU: Antec TPQ-1200w
    Mobo: EVGA X58 SLI LE/EK-FB Block
    CPU: Intel LGA 920 DO@4.1Ghz/EK Supreme block/Thermochill pa 120.4 Rad./EK 250 res/swiftech 350pmp
    Ram: Corsair CMT6GX3M3A 1600C7 6gig
    VGA: EVGA GTX 580/EK Block
    HD: Western Digital 500gig
    Sound: Creaive X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champion series

Aqua Computer Rep
    Good boy

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456