Thread: Aquaero relay connector - please help

Aquaero relay connector - please help

Well I took the plunge and bought an Aquaero. I want to use the emergency shutdown facility by connecting the Aquaero between the power switch and the motherboard's power switch header to simulate a four-second press of the power switch to force a shutdown.

To this end I need a cable to connect from the Aquaero to the motherboard but I don't know where to get one from. Even the Aqua Computer site only has the big 24-pin ATX power connector solution which isn't what I want, I just want to use the power switch connection.

Does anyone know where I can get this cable or what type of connector is used on the Aquaero board for the relay - it looks a bit non-standard to me.

Please help as I wanted to get this sorted over the weekend and was very disappointed to see the requisite cable wasn't included

EDIT: Ignore me - found one
    Last edited by Vertigo1; 09-19-2008 at 05:39 AM.

There is a relay header on the Aquaero that connects to the 24 pin ATX connector. You might be able to use it to trip the power button on the motherboard. The plug does not come with the Aquareo (shown in second image below).

The relay connector location is labeled as "Relaias"

You really need to look at this cable as I think it also supplies standby power to the Aquaero otherwise you might not be able to get the system to turn on.... Not sure on this as I have not played with it too much but if you look it, the green wire runs through the "relaias" and goes open for a shutdown. I assume this means you get a hard shutdown.
    Last edited by RickCain; 09-19-2008 at 06:19 AM.

Thanks Rick, it was the simple plug I was after but managed to find one at Aqua-PCs

Yeah the shutdown feature is what I'm after, just prefer to go the "simple" route of connecting the relay port to the mobo's power switch header rather than using the big 24-pin connection as it's far more untidy and I don't need the Aquaero powered when the machine is off