Page 85 of 98 FirstFirst ... 35758283848586878895 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2441

Thread: Modded ASUS P5Q/Pro/Deluxe/Premium BIOS

Hi ket, it's possible mod the last bios 2301 for the p5q deluxe, please?
    Thank you so much and sorry for my english

Hello Ket. Great thanks for the modded BIOS, with that my PC can start on 500x8&450x9, but i cannot get it stable (with BIOS from asus.com system not start with overcklock more than 30%) Have you any idea what i'm doing wrong?
    Intel C2DE8400
    Cooler Master Hyper 212
    ASUS P5Q Pro
    Kingston KHX8500D2K2/2G X2
    Thermaltake Toughpower 650Wt
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    -------------------------------
    BIOS setup:
    CPU Ratio: 9.0
    FSB Frequency: 400
    FSB Strap to NB: 400
    DRAM Frequency: 1066
    DRAM Timing Control:
    1st Information: 5-5-5-15
    2nd Information: auto
    3rd Information: auto
    DRAM Static Read Control: Enabled
    DRAM Read Training: Enabled
    MEM. OC Charger: Enabled
    Ai Clock Twister: Stronger
    Common Performance Level: 7 (все "Pull-In of CHA/B" enabled - почти PL = 6)
    SB Voltage: 1.10в
    PCIE SATA Voltage: 1.50в
    CPU Voltage: 1.2250в
    NB Voltage: 1.24в
    DRAM Voltage: 1.90в
    CPU GTL Reference: 0.63x
    CPU PLL Voltage: 1,50в
    FSB Termination Voltage: 1.24в
    Load-Line Calibration: Enabled
    PCIE,CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
    NB,CPU Clock Skew: Normal
    CPU Margin Enhancement: Performance Mode
    C1E Support: Disabled
    Max CPUID Value Limit: Disabled
    Intel Virtualization Tech: Enabled
    CPU TM Function: Disabled
    Execute Disable Bit: Disabled

That settings always stable. For overcklock cpu to 4Ghz+ i'v tried settings like that:

CPU Ratio: 8.0/8.5 for FSB 500/9.0 for FSB 450
    FSB Frequency: 500/450
    FSB Strap to NB: 400
    DRAM Frequency: 1000(when fsb 500)/900 (when fsb 450)
    DRAM Timing Control:
    1st Information: 5-5-5-15
    2nd Information: auto
    3rd Information: auto
    DRAM Static Read Control: Disabled
    DRAM Read Training: Disabled
    MEM. OC Charger: Enabled
    Ai Clock Twister: Strong/Moderate/Light
    Common Performance Level: 10-13
    SB Voltage: 1.20в
    PCIE SATA Voltage: 1.50в
    CPU Voltage: 1.26250в-1.40000
    NB Voltage: 1.24в-1.36
    DRAM Voltage: 1.90в-2.2
    CPU GTL Reference: 0.63x
    CPU PLL Voltage: 1,50в-1.56
    FSB Termination Voltage: 1.24в-1.36
    Load-Line Calibration: Enabled
    PCIE,CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
    NB,CPU Clock Skew: Normal
    CPU Margin Enhancement: Performance Mode/Optimized
    C1E Support: Disabled
    Max CPUID Value Limit: Disabled
    Intel Virtualization Tech: Enabled
    CPU TM Function: Disabled
    Execute Disable Bit: Disabled
    Last edited by Black_Lava; 01-03-2010 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grox View Post
    Used your BIOS for some days now, I can get my Q9550 to 3.2 Ghz on a P5q PRO with only 1.1 Vcore! This is a good bios. Any progress made on this Bios? Or is this the 'final' version???
    I'm testing sth new. But not fully understand yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chenxuwen View Post
    I'm testing sth new. But not fully understand yet.
    Great to hear you're working on it!!!
    What does this mean? sth?
    Little update, I want to get a so low possible Vcore, not @ 1,075V. Stable @ 3.2 Ghz. Memory @800Mhz, 1.9 Volt

Quote Originally Posted by Smeg View Post
    I know this quite an old thread and you've moved on; but I have an ASUS P5QC that I would like to keep a bit longer. Will any of your modded BIOS work with this board? I don't see it specifically listed? Thanks in advance
    Could someone please take 30 seconds to tell me if if one of these will work or not?

I am Xtreme
    How can we know ? unless someone tries it mate, I wouldn't mix different P5QX versions at all.... unless your board has got a dual bios (so you can revert back to the original) I would give it a shot, if you got only one bios chip leave it alone...
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

OK let's approach it from this angle. Since the main difference appears to be the memory table;can I just use a basic Hex editor and take one of the other modded BIOS and replace the memory table with an original portion?

P.S. if you don't know then don't respond;it's more directed at the modding author. Pardon the earlier poorly worded post.
    Last edited by Smeg; 01-07-2010 at 10:24 AM.

Does anybody know how to change the NB GTL Reference on the P5Q-Pro?
    Maybe some program that can help me out?
    Because I'm stuck at a FSB Wall and no matter what (ie even with insane volts) I can't get my CPU (Q8300) stable at over 455FSB>.
    It's always Core 3 that fails so it's a great shame that one can't change more GTL References in the Pro Bios

Quote Originally Posted by grox View Post
    Great to hear you're working on it!!!
    What does this mean? sth?
    Little update, I want to get a so low possible Vcore, not @ 1,075V. Stable @ 3.2 Ghz. Memory @800Mhz, 1.9 Volt
    Well, I integrated the Maximus II Formula MEMORY TABLE.
    It works and give 475FSB in the same setting I reach 450, prime 95 small FFT stable.
    But it's not stable in ram stressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zjukov88 View Post
    Does anybody know how to change the NB GTL Reference on the P5Q-Pro?
    Maybe some program that can help me out?
    Because I'm stuck at a FSB Wall and no matter what (ie even with insane volts) I can't get my CPU (Q8300) stable at over 455FSB>.
    It's always Core 3 that fails so it's a great shame that one can't change more GTL References in the Pro Bios
    Please read my earlier posts. P5Q series has huge problems pushing quad core to any FSB more than 450. The current idea is integrating the Maximus Formula II memory table. But it's not ram stable.
    Though it passes 4 x 32M pi on my PC at 475*8.5 (Q9550)
    Last edited by chenxuwen; 01-09-2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: More completed version.

Could someone please take 30 seconds to tell me if if one of these will work or not?
    Hi here is the mod you requested. P5QC 2103 MOD.
    http://www.multiupload.com/YVE4GNBDPB

I mod it with P5Q PREMIUM CPUID, INTEL RAID ROM 8.9.1.1002, MARVELL L72, and Alienware SLIC 2.1.

Since your board supports both DDR2 and DDR3. There is no upper board(premium or deluxe) level memory table for you. So I didn't change it and I think this is the reason that Ket didn't do it.

In my exprience with P5Q RPO and P5Q3, CPU ID matters way more in CPU overclocking. You should be able to get a better overclocking or a lower voltage. In fact, you might even get a better memory result, but not sure.

I don't have a P5QC. I just did it in the exact way I did it on P5Q PRO and P5Q3. So please test it and tell me how it went.

Please read my earlier posts. P5Q series has huge problems pushing quad core to any FSB more than 450. The current idea is integrating the Maximus Formula II memory table. But it's not ram stable.
    Though it passes 4 x 32M pi on my PC at 475*8.5 (Q9550)
    Okay then, if you could somehow mod in the memory table maybe I too could reach those settings, the best I have come up with is 12h small fft and 25rounds of max test with IBT @ 467FSB.
    But as you say Blend fails at once.

Keep up the good work, it's much appreciated!

Xtreme Member
    Was just about to install a ket p5q deluxe bios but I notice it is 2Mb, and floppy is 1.44Mb. Strange I have not noticed anything about this before, the official bios are 1.18Mb.

Hi here is the mod you requested. P5QC 2103 MOD.
    http://www.multiupload.com/YVE4GNBDPB

I mod it with P5Q PREMIUM CPUID, INTEL RAID ROM 8.9.1.1002, MARVELL L72, and Alienware SLIC 2.1.

Since your board supports both DDR2 and DDR3. There is no upper board(premium or deluxe) level memory table for you. So I didn't change it and I think this is the reason that Ket didn't do it.

In my exprience with P5Q RPO and P5Q3, CPU ID matters way more in CPU overclocking. You should be able to get a better overclocking or a lower voltage. In fact, you might even get a better memory result, but not sure.

I don't have a P5QC. I just did it in the exact way I did it on P5Q PRO and P5Q3. So please test it and tell me how it went.
    Thank you very much! This works nicely and indeed results in a good stable voltage reduction. This is with an E8400 @4.00 Gig 1.35625 from prior 1.3750 This was leaving everything else as it was set with the non-modded BIOS. I'll tweak the memory later and re-test.
    Last edited by Smeg; 01-10-2010 at 01:14 PM.

evening all! No to sound like putz, bur can anyone mod me the 1702 bios for the P5Q3 deluxe. I really would like to get the stability and Vcore voltages you all are getting. If it isn't possible, no worries, Thanks. If u need the file pm me. Here is the link to the asus site.

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us

Quote Originally Posted by fishpro619 View Post
    evening all! No to sound like putz, bur can anyone mod me the 1702 bios for the P5Q3 deluxe. I really would like to get the stability and Vcore voltages you all are getting. If it isn't possible, no worries, Thanks. If u need the file pm me. Here is the link to the asus site.

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us
    This is the modded P5Q3 Deluxe 2105
    http://www.multiupload.com/N7M2XPOROP

I mod it with P43TDP PRO Memory Table 0501, INTEL RAID ROM 8.9.1.1002, MARVELL L72, and Alienware SLIC 2.1.

Since your has the same CPU id as P5Q Premium. There is no upper better CPUID for you. So I didn't change it and I think this is the reason that Ket didn't do it.

In my exprience with P5Q3, it doesn't support G.Skill DDR3 1600 memory to work even with DDR3 1333. After putting in P43TDP PRO Memory Table, it can work on DDR3 1600.
    So you should be able to get a better memory clocking and compatible. But I doubt you will get a better CPU voltage.

The others are component upgrades.

Please test it and tell me how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by megatron View Post
    Was just about to install a ket p5q deluxe bios but I notice it is 2Mb, and floppy is 1.44Mb. Strange I have not noticed anything about this before, the official bios are 1.18Mb.
    You can use USB drive to upgrade the bios. Please read instructions inside your bios.

I don't think the original is 1.18mb. They are all 2MB after unzip or unrar.

Quote Originally Posted by megatron View Post
    Here is a modded P5Q Deluxe 2301.
    http://www.multiupload.com/BCN076R1YI

Bascially the comment I made on # 2116 about P5Q3 Deluxe applies. Except that this time the memory table is P5Q Pro Turbo 0602.

Note: Make sure your bios is not EFI before using it. There are two versions of P5Q Deluxe.
    Last edited by chenxuwen; 01-14-2010 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Putting the link up.

Xtreme Member
    Thx for modding it for me. I am running 2201 the shipping bios (which I think is not EFI). I just replaced my PSU a enermax 500w liberty which was a bit long in the tooth, I was unstable at stock. I have a Corsair hx850 installed now and at stock have not reset or hard locked.

I will have a go at overclocking with my current bios first. However I have read posts saying that bios 1406 (enhances compatability with yorkfield c1 cpu) is the best bios although he was running a2 rather than a3 chipset revision.

Would you think it likely that this previous bios could be better than latest for overclocking or was it just an old post?

Thanks chenxuwen, going to install and run it on my desktop. on my lappy write now so i'll keep you posted if anything strange arises.

Xtreme Member
    Here is a modded P5Q Deluxe 2301.
    http://www.multiupload.com/BCN076R1YI

Bascially the comment I made on # 2116 about P5Q3 Deluxe applies. Except that this time the memory table is P5Q Pro Turbo 0602.

Note: Make sure your bios is not EFI before using it. There are two versions of P5Q Deluxe.
    I loaded your bios. I can't verify its made any difference as I found my previous OC on official 2201 was unstable. I have just upped the vcore now with this new bios after it rebooted too. I haven't gone past 3.8Ghz apart from booting into windows at 4Ghz for a short time.

I noticed that setting 1.3825v in bios results in 1.35 idle in cpu-z and without LLC enabled it goes to 1.3v on load. I don't think the other bios was any different.

Thinking about it, would a new memory table help me? I have crucial ballistix micron d9s 16FD5 so its really old memory. I could understand if there was some newer memory which was tweaked, although I'm just guessing about what the actually tweak in the memory tables.

Sorry for not being a better beta tester, I just want to get comfortable and confident of my overclock before testing more. It is still cold here too and I want my 24/7 overclock to be stable all year round. Plus I don't want my crucial ballistix to be RMA'ed because I don't know what I will receive back, probably RAM not as overclockable. I have a proheim megaheim and a 120mm focused on the RAM, so I hope its safe.

FYI 4 dimms was not stable with 1.28v NB but is with 1.36v NB @ 450 5:6 333strap (only settings I tested)

Just a quick update: After tweaking the skew Timings a little bit I've gotten my E8400 to a stable 4.15 GHz with this P5Q-C BIOS...thanks again chenxuwen.... nice work.
    Last edited by Smeg; 01-28-2010 at 04:50 AM.

Im stuck at 4,2GHz with Asus P5Q Deluxe board... No much change if try play 1,488V or 1,496V.. Orthos got error very soon and then too CPU Volt raises upper to +1,5V (CPUZ)

C2D E7400 (2,8GHz) Stepping A Rev. R0

So i think can it be up to Bios? Im just played with new bios what can get from Asus.

I Think this cpu is very hunggryyy but anyway its cool ( not yet over 60C at load, and running air cooled )... Doesnt you have deleted this cpu´s info from this bios because first problem with this board was too old bios and i upgraded it with Pentium 4 HT.

Sorry for laziness. With AsRock and P4 it was up to bios but could it be better with this system if i put that mod bios in? Im used hours for most little volt without losing MHz... gonna test this but worried that one yours dead Asus. :=

CPU skew:
    NB Skew:
    ^Very rarely using those but can those help me a lot? What are others used for those?
    Edit: CPU skew and NB skew got for good but need raise volts a little bit to get it stable. Maybe after when got this stable will test mod bios.

Edit2: Damn this bios is good. +++ for you. Not yet tested higher but feels good. 8)
    Last edited by hotwheelx; 01-30-2010 at 07:52 AM. Reason: w00t

Just a quick update: After tweaking the skew Timings a little bit I've gotten my E8400 to a stable 4.15 GHz with this P5Q-C BIOS...thanks again chenxuwen.... nice work.
    Nice to hear that. You are welcomed!

Quote Originally Posted by hotwheelx View Post
    Im stuck at 4,2GHz with Asus P5Q Deluxe board... No much change if try play 1,488V or 1,496V.. Orthos got error very soon and then too CPU Volt raises upper to +1,5V (CPUZ)

C2D E7400 (2,8GHz) Stepping A Rev. R0

So i think can it be up to Bios? Im just played with new bios what can get from Asus.

I Think this cpu is very hunggryyy but anyway its cool ( not yet over 60C at load, and running air cooled )... Doesnt you have deleted this cpu´s info from this bios because first problem with this board was too old bios and i upgraded it with Pentium 4 HT.

Sorry for laziness. With AsRock and P4 it was up to bios but could it be better with this system if i put that mod bios in? Im used hours for most little volt without losing MHz... gonna test this but worried that one yours dead Asus. :=

CPU skew:
    NB Skew:
    ^Very rarely using those but can those help me a lot? What are others used for those?
    Edit: CPU skew and NB skew got for good but need raise volts a little bit to get it stable. Maybe after when got this stable will test mod bios.

Edit2: Damn this bios is good. +++ for you. Not yet tested higher but feels good. 8)
    I think your CPU Cores are already pretty hot!!! Tell you what, I had a E7200 with IHS removed and a TT120 oced to 3.8GHz at 1.35V, it reaches 90 celius in core temp. I think you shall try boosting the FSB and lowering the multiplier to get a better perfomance instead.
    Anything higher than 1.40V is really dangerous for air cooling. To see core temp, use coretemp.
    Last edited by chenxuwen; 01-31-2010 at 06:43 AM.

Page 85 of 98 FirstFirst ... 35758283848586878895 ... LastLast