Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ASUS Rampage Extreme

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinc View Post
    I tested very quickly and managed to run 490MHz (I get about 480MHz on P5E64 Evolution with the same cpu) with not much hazzel in 3DMark 06. That is with vcore nb voltage tweaking only (so there is more left). With air cooling and no fan on the NB what so ever. Also, the board is very tight clock vs clock, much like the good old Blitz.

Will provide screens after my next tests on LN2.
    Thank you very much, that sounds promissing. Looking forward to more longterm quad tests (maybe with 2x2 GB memory ;-). That is where this borad will stand the true test.
    CPU: QX9650 @4.25.
    MB: Asus P5E64 WS Evolution (BIOS 0702).
    WC: Swiftech GTZ, XSPC X20 Delta, EK FC4870X2 CF, 2x Laing DDC 18W w. XSPC Top, HW-labs GTS 360 Xflow, Swiftech MCR120-RES.
    HDD: Intel X25-M 160 G2 + Mtron Mobi 32 GB SSD + 2x 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint F1.
    GFX: Club3D 4870X2 @790/915 (Asus TOP).
    RAM: 2x2 GB Corsair TW3X4G1800C8DF G (8-7-7-18-1T-PL6 @1700 MHz).
    PSU: Corsair HX1000W.
    Case: Coolermaster Cosmos S.
    Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 digital 5.1.
    Soundcard: Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1.
    DVD: Samsung Super Writemaster SATA DVD burner.
    LCD: Dell U2410.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinc View Post
    I tested very quickly and managed to run 490MHz (I get about 480MHz on P5E64 Evolution with the same cpu) with not much hazzel in 3DMark 06. That is with vcore nb voltage tweaking only (so there is more left). With air cooling and no fan on the NB what so ever. Also, the board is very tight clock vs clock, much like the good old Blitz.

Will provide screens after my next tests on LN2.
    Thanks Kinc. DO you have tests with 2x2gb of ram or more?

Also do you kow when this board will retail?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    its allready retail more or less. any day now .. ETA 25-31 july here in swe.
    Intel i7 920@ ???| Inno3D 8800GT OC Edition | 3x1 Corsair 1600 DHX | DFI UT-X58 | TT ToughPower 850W

Watercooling: D-Tek FuZion V2, DDC Ultra Plexi top, PA120.3, MCW60, Ek's Res.

Xtreme Member
    Now in stock at www.overclockers.co.uk !!

Xtreme Member
    Mine is arriving tomorrow.

Any heads up on the 0401 bios download or a later one ?.

Thanks.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    yeah i saw a link here for 403 bios, trying to find it, i almost ordered it, but 41£ IN SHIPPING to sweden, thats redicilous...
    Intel i7 920@ ???| Inno3D 8800GT OC Edition | 3x1 Corsair 1600 DHX | DFI UT-X58 | TT ToughPower 850W

Watercooling: D-Tek FuZion V2, DDC Ultra Plexi top, PA120.3, MCW60, Ek's Res.

Xtreme Member
    Ouch ! that's steep getting it sent to Sweden.

Thanks for the post Infa, I found 0403 bios on this thread :-

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...highlight=0401

Looks like there are at least 3 threads on this forum now for this board. Hopefully this one becomes the main one for user experiences and advice for settings.
    Moving from an Asus Strike II Extreme so looking forward to getting some good memory results with this board and better cooling on air using the heatpipe NB cooler.

Xtreme Member
    nice results & photos great job

Xtreme Member
    Just got my 10 mins ago £270 let the fun begin...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by day187 View Post
    Just got my 10 mins ago £270 let the fun begin...
    Picked up stright from OCUK huh.. lucky you!!

2x will be arriving here tomorrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by creidiki View Post
    We are a band of fearless modern-day alchemists who, for fun, run solutions through sophisticated, if overpriced, separator setups, and then complain when we succeed in separating said solution.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal_fantasy View Post
    Picked up stright from OCUK huh.. lucky you!!

2x will be arriving here tomorrow!!
    yeah i live 100 steps away from overclokers they are my neighbours,

Xtreme Member
    Any chance someone can measure the spacing distance on the NB (for mounting other water blocks) ?

Xtreme Guru
    lets see more quad results.
    try to get into the 520mhz range.
    This was on the p5e-vm best quad oc board i've seen yet.
    x38 / p5e3 dlx same cpu would crap around 490fsb.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4200.jpg 
Views:	1443 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	82769  
    Last edited by trans am; 07-28-2008 at 12:19 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Anyone else up and running yet on this new board ?.

Mine is arriving today so just un-installed nvidia drivers from my Striker II Extreme hoping that I can get away without having to do a clean Vista install after the mobo swap.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Got mine few moments ago, initial impression is its amazing build quality.
    I can confirm that the Fusion waterblock is indeed copper, with some kind of fat pin structure inside.

Also not only the RAM mosfets are cooled with its own heatsink, the NB's mosfets&co are also in direct contact with the heatpipe system, with all the thermal pad/compound.

However as you can see from the last picture the thermal pad is not actually touching the mosfet. After reseating everything and some light modding everything fits snugly.

You can also stick some low profile ramsink on the mosfets for the NB on the back of the board.

The last lone mosfet I will leave to the awsomeness of the STACK COOL 2

Nothing quite like a little overkill

We are a band of fearless modern-day alchemists who, for fun, run solutions through sophisticated, if overpriced, separator setups, and then complain when we succeed in separating said solution.

Xtreme Member
    just a silly one...but would an EK block fit instead of the Fuzion block?
    2600k @ Asus M4E - Little Devil Case
    Intel I7 965xe @ Evga E762 - Little Devil SS Case
    2x Intel I7 E5620 @ Evga SR-2 - MountainMods ext Ascension watercooled
    Intel I7 930 @ Evga E759 - LianLi V2000 air cooled

what kind of tubing fits on the fusion block? Guess I can't use compression fittings?

Xtreme Mentor
    I understand that heatsink is AMAZING (comparing it to the other ROG heatsinks), but is that block safe to use? Seems better than the other Fusion blocks...

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriffith View Post
    what kind of tubing fits on the fusion block? Guess I can't use compression fittings?
    Im pretty sure 3/8 like every other block.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriffith View Post
    I'm currently using 10/8mm directly over it, seems to fit pretty snugly, with worm clamps so I don't accidentally pull it out

Quote Originally Posted by slim142 View Post
    I understand that heatsink is AMAZING (comparing it to the other ROG heatsinks), but is that block safe to use? Seems better than the other Fusion blocks...
    Safe how? material? leak? restriction? fitting?

Hey - way to go Eternal!The board looks great. We're still not able to get it in the US.

How did you fit the cpu waterblock backplate on over the little chip in that area on the back of the board?

Thanks ...
    Last edited by cool_case; 07-29-2008 at 01:27 PM.
    Bench rig: F1 LN2 pot, RE II, i7 EE 965, 4870x2, Corsair 1600MHz cas 8, waiting for LN2 pots for vid.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cool_case View Post
    Hey - way to go Eternal!The board looks great. We're still not able to get it in the US.

How did you fit the cpu waterblock backplate on over the little chip in that area on the back of the board?

Thanks ...
    You should be able to get them soon enough.. they just showed up in huge quantities here in the UK.

Been wondering the same question before I got my RE, and ended up buying Asus Silent Square Pro HSF for its backplate that has the recess right behind the CPU socket where the ML is. It has the metal plate and not plastic that comes with other Asus HSFs, although you need to mod it a little as the CPU choker's legs really sticks out the back.
    The plastic ones also works without modding though.

Quote Originally Posted by eternal_fantasy View Post
    You should be able to get them soon enough.. they just showed up in huge quantities here in the UK.

Been wondering the same question before I got my RE, and ended up buying Asus Silent Square Pro HSF for its backplate that has the recess right behind the CPU socket where the ML is. It has the metal plate and not plastic that comes with other Asus HSFs, although you need to mod it a little as the CPU choker's legs really sticks out the back.
    The plastic ones also works without modding though.
    Thanks Eternal ...

Yeh - I was thinking that ASUS plate was going to be the best bet. Not sure if it will work with my LN2 setup, but will give it a try. Prob need a little modding.

Bench rig: F1 LN2 pot, RE II, i7 EE 965, 4870x2, Corsair 1600MHz cas 8, waiting for LN2 pots for vid.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Eternal, if it's not too much trouble, could you please find out how your SSDs perform on the ICH9R on this board. I kinda see that you have connected it to your raid card(or is it)and I know that its a full OS reinstall if you wanna connect it to the SB of the board. I am thinking going SSD route(OCZ core series or heck might even shelve out for the MTRON PROs) and also planning two 4870x2s in crossfire X, leaving no room for a controller. I saw ICH9R does not play very well with the SSDs but I so want this board. Please disregard if this is too much of trouble.
    i7 Rigs
    Mobo:EVGA Classified/Foxconn BR
    CPU:W3540/i7 920(D0)
    RAM: Dominator GT 2000 cl7/Patriot DDR3-2000 cl8
    GPU:Sapphire 4870x2/XFX 4890/ GTX 260 tri-sli

Lappy:
    Late 2008 "Unibody" MBP 2.4 GHZ(with OCZ Vertex 250GB)

Xtreme X.I.P.
    finger tweaking fun LOL

awesome heatsink design

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast