Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interview: NVidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang

Xtreme Addict
    What's funny is the history. When ATI cried that NV was being a monopoly in the graphics market by introducing chipsets that only supported SLI, Nvidia stated repeatedly words to the effect of "we are just competing, stop whining and compete". Now when the shoe is on the other foot, they scream the catch phrases "monopoly", "trying to oust the smaller vendor", "no room for two competitors in Intel's world". So really what they say depends on who's beating up whom Every one of them is a market bully when they get a chance.

Facts are that ATI, NV, and Intel are all likely to be making products that we are interested in for a while yet

Xtreme Addict
    Maybe they should all be forced into merger and play nicely in the Chip garden
    Respec'
    System:Bunch of crappy overclocked PC's that cost an arm and a leg

Quote Originally Posted by RADCOM View Post
    Maybe they should all be forced into merger and play nicely in the Chip garden
    Then we'd get corporate division squabbles much like siblings. I doubt it would ever end.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodin View Post
    Jen-Hsun Huang should focus more on correcting his own company's products then whining about intel.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    yeah right! 9800gx2 & 9800gtx are totally junk! I read that gt200 will be like that too. what kind of budget are you talking about ?
    i'm glad i can't reach through the computer cause i would probably punch you if i could

ive got 2 8600's that both OC 2 715 core 915 memory and 1650 shader on stock cooling at stock vcore
    amd 720
    M4A78T-E
    i gig of crap
    visionek 4850
    seagate 320 GB 7200.10
    WD 640 GB
    swiftech MCR320 swiftech MCP355
    Apogee GTZ
    XPSC Restop

Quote Originally Posted by road-runner View Post
    I can say one thing I learned out of all this, I am not buying any Intel SSDs thats for sure...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
    What's funny is the history. When ATI cried that NV was being a monopoly in the graphics market by introducing chipsets that only supported SLI, Nvidia stated repeatedly words to the effect of "we are just competing, stop whining and compete". Now when the shoe is on the other foot, they scream the catch phrases "monopoly", "trying to oust the smaller vendor", "no room for two competitors in Intel's world". So really what they say depends on who's beating up whom Every one of them is a market bully when they get a chance.

Facts are that ATI, NV, and Intel are all likely to be making products that we are interested in for a while yet
    Well said. I was gonna say why is he b1tch1n about a monopoly whe he is applying the same tactics to his business model with SLI being locked for Intel based mobos.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen-Hsun
    "Because they are Intel. Because they are a monopoly. Because they are a market-dominant player. They ought to be held to a higher standard. They shouldn't be able to say that other peoples' businesses are going to die."
    And which company was it that recently said that AMD couldn't even accomplish one of the four things they needed to do to survive? Better have a sit-down with a few of your employees, Jen!
    i7 2600K | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | GTX Titan | Corsair DDR3-2133

Ebay Hater
    More importantly, a reasonably successful CEO said
    that psychology of the PC industry is so yesterday
    Got to love such pre-teen slang
    In short, both AMD and NVIDIA discovered that their next-generation graphics cards are superior to each others' last-generation graphics cards.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_78 View Post
    More importantly, a reasonably successful CEO said

Got to love such pre-teen slang
    You kind of have to expect that from a CEO that also "opened a can of whoop ass".

Nvidia and Intel are very similar, Huang is just pointing a finger towards Intel saying "they are worse". To be honest it is true but when you end up having to choose between bad and worse the world seems that much more shi7ty.
    TAMGc5: PhII X4 945, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P, 2x Kingston PC2-6400 HyperX CL4 2GB, 2x ASUS HD 5770 CUcore Xfire, Razer Barracuda AC1, Win8 Pro x64 (Current)

TAMGc6: AMD FX, Gigabyte GA-xxxx-UDx, 8GB/16GB DDR3, Nvidia 680 GTX, ASUS Xonar, 2x 120/160GB SSD, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s, Win8 Pro x64 (Planned)

Coat It with GOOOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn. View Post
    You kind of have to expect that from a CEO that also "opened a can of whoop ass".

Nvidia and Intel are very similar, Huang is just pointing a finger towards Intel saying "they are worse". To be honest it is true but when you end up having to choose between bad and worse the world seems that much more shi7ty.
    giant douche/turd sandwich
    Main-- i7-980x @ 4.5GHZ | Asus P6X58D-E | HD5850 @ 950core 1250mem | 2x160GB intel x25-m G2's |
    Wife-- i7-860 @ 3.5GHz | Gigabyte P55M-UD4 | HD5770 | 80GB Intel x25-m |
    HTPC1-- Q9450 | Asus P5E-VM | HD3450 | 1TB storage
    HTPC2-- QX9750 | Asus P5E-VM | 1TB storage |
    Car-- T7400 | Kontron mini-ITX board | 80GB Intel x25-m | Azunetech X-meridian for sound |

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Blauhung View Post
    awesome episode.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemone View Post

rofl ati should honestly just pack it in.more buggy issues with games threw the years making them useless to me as a gamer.it does NOT mean there hardware is not better. there just not in tight with game developers like nvidia is and it shows every generation of cards.

its meant to be played on nvidia period.

intel and nvidia are thee masters of gaming rigs.
    Stacker830 Watercooled
    windows7 ultimate 64 bit!!!
    heatkiller(rev3) on 2500k@ 4.5ghz 1.35v,8 gigs 2133 ripjaws 1.5v
    Swiftech Mcp-655,1/2in tygon,13x120 sunnons on junk ps,
    (2)triple 120mm rads,Biostar TP67XE(rev 5.2)
    150 gig velicraptor (stable drive) ssds r still buggy!!
    xfi-xtrememusic,klipsch ultras, sen hd-595s
    Evga Hydro gtX 590,co0lermaster-1250 watt,
    24" Sony fw-900 black ops at @ 2304x1440 85hz/85fps SOLID
    G@m3r 4 L1Fe!!

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...0VIEW%20ALL--/
    3dmark 11 http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1102387

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by railmeat View Post
    rofl ati should honestly just pack it in.more buggy issues with games threw the years making them useless to me as a gamer.it does NOT mean there hardware is not better. there just not in tight with game developers like nvidia is and it shows every generation of cards.

its meant to be played on nvidia period.

intel and nvidia are thee masters of gaming rigs.
    What's that stink?

Oh it's your post.

I hope we see more interviews like this in the future. Why is everyone so upset? I think its funny.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by stocius View Post
    I hope we see more interviews like this in the future. Why is everyone so upset? I think its funny.
    yeah maybe its funny, but who takes such a kind of CEO serious?

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    tbh i take such a person more serious then CEOs that gives us the usualt PR bull.
    atleast he says it as it is
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Quote Originally Posted by Blauhung View Post
    For the win, ladies and gents. lol

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post

He's taken seriously because generally he follows through on EVERYTHING, demands the best of his emplyees(and seems to get it), and is one hell of a public speaker.

I mean..I never talk about my nV parts on the forums. ATI all the way...

But meet, him, talk to him...I have ALOT of respect for the guy.

HE carries an enthusiasm seldom seen in the industry. nV does well, even underhandedly, because of who Jen-Hsun is.

I could put it this way too...everyone else seem to be bailing on the industry. But Jen-Hsun has been there since the start, and he's gonna ride the 3D wave all the way to his grave, fighting to crawl back out of the hole as the dirt is being piled on. I don't see anyone else willing to do so...

Engineering The Xtreme
    idk, after reading that I somehow feel like a better person because I use an ATI card.

Thank you Jen-Hsun for reminding us about the facts of capitalism, now please just stop QQ ing about the way the world works and go back to do your job

Xtreme Legend
    hehehe he's a funny guy and certainly speaks him mind hehe

but problem is that his company is very small when you compare it to Intel...He is saying some pretty gutsy things considering who he's up against lol and what happened to AMD recently
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Guru
    after hearing about nvidia re badging old cards as new, i dont think ill ever touch another nvidia product again, no matter what they say. There comes a point in time where you have to choose between performance, and morals. Alotttt of companys have been really taking advantage of the consumer market lately, and if it continues down this road, fat chance ill be supporting these companys with my hard earned dollars.

Xtreme Addict
    Oh, come ON guys. It took him, what, 1 hour to give that interview? What's with this sage-like "he should stop this and work on his products" thing?

He's a loud brat - leave him be. It was entertaining, and it's refreshing to see from a third party point of view someone who has the guts to toss a rock into Goliath's feet.

As for the rebadging thing, technically it's stupid, but people who keep up with the news won't be duped anyways. Besides, a 9600 > 8800 GT and is so cheap that in the future I might just pick one up myself. Was I cheated? No, not really - but the people who owned a late-gen 8800 who went to the 9 series were cheated. Yet they bought it anyways. You can say the really dumb people (e.g. the gamers nvidia caters to) are the ones that move from 8800 GTS 112 SP to SLI 9800 GTX. Yet they still do it. Sooo .. irony!
    Last edited by cegras; 05-11-2008 at 08:16 PM.
    E7200 @ 3.4 ; 7870 GHz 2 GB
    Intel's atom is a terrible chip.

Xtreme Guru
    Its not about us, its about the poor saps that dont know the kind of information we know, and have the kind of experience we have that get duped.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Its amazing to see so many people complaining and whining about Nvidia, when they have such amazing products at amazing prices out there, and who cares if 9800 series is just an updated 8800 series. That still does not make it junk, still does not disable the fact that the 8800 series is amazing and there are so many choices in price point and performance, not to mention the amazing performance you get at any price point you decide, fix his own company LOL. Nvidia is far from crappy or having crappy products, anyone who thinks that are just creating drama for the sake of it. I cant help but just laugh hysterically at the people complaining about Nvida, i mean my god, what would ever please you if Nvidia chips dont, they are just beyond anything right now, and at amazing prices. They are milking the G80/G92 because it turned out so well, and the 9800 series are just making the incredible 8800 series cards drop in price, so what in the world are you complaining about.

I can understand how the naming sceems and the 9 series just being slightly improved 8 series cards can be frustrating and even piss you off, but that is still no excuse to call Nvidia products crappy, or the company itself, cause is just is not true. Also some one said bad drivers, lol, wow, i mean compared to other companies, I would say Nvidia is pretty on the ball usually, sometimes some road bumps, but you cant expect some one to be perfect, and I guess thats what this is, thats why people are pissed with Nvidia, they arent perfect.
    Last edited by Decami; 05-11-2008 at 09:36 PM.
    This post above was delayed 90 times by Nvidia. Cause that's their thing, thats what they do.
    This Announcement of the delayed post above has been brought to you by Nvidia Inc.

RIGGY
    case:Antec 1200
    MB: XFX Nforce 750I SLI 72D9
    CPU:E8400 (1651/4x9) 3712.48
    MEM:4gb Gskill DDR21000 (5-5-5-15)
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX260 EVGA SSC (X2 in SLI) both 652/1403
    PS:Corsair 650TX
    --Cooling--
    5x120mm 1x200mm
    Zalman 9700LED
    Displays: Samsung LN32B650/Samsung 2243BWX/samsung P2350

Banned
    I don't get why everyone harps on NVIDIA for the 9-series... I don't recall them claiming a massive performance increase over 8-series.. they simply brought 8-series power to the masses by lowering costs to make it and hence lowering the retail price.

Why is that such a problem when ATI did the same thing? It seems obvious that both companies did it because their next gen was not ready yet..

Why does everyone pretend to be so concerned for Joe Schmoe all of a sudden when it comes to the 9-series? Since when was everyone on these forums a consumer advocate, standing up for all that is true and just?

"Oh noes, Joe just saved a bunch of money on his video card. He got so screwed!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast