Thread: ballistix

Xtreme Member

ballistix

well i RMAed my ballistix and just got the new kit back and i see its the same number 97432 which would be the bad batch that only lasts around 3 months aren't i lucky

i'm thinking of sending it back and request for the new batch any ideas

Dave's Mentor!
    you wont be getting no double sided back
    use em if they bad they will just die

maximus IV extreme gtx580
    gigabut p67-ud7
    p67 sabertooth
    2500k+2600k
    antec 1200watt
    EVGA classified 760
    920 Batch# 3849B018 4.985ghz@1.52v gtx285 ftw sli
    OCZ3RPR1866LV6GK hypers
    dfi ut p35 rampage extreme
    gigabut p35c-ds3r bios suks
    gigabut x38-d6q dead thank god
    ballistix 8500 1240mhz@2.02v

Xtreme Member
    i know i won't be getting anything from them again

what i love is the box that says "crucial THE MEMORY EXPERTS" and i have to think of all the bad reviews

Xtreme Member
    It makes me sad that they have sunken to this level. They (micron) used to make some unparalleled memory.

I'm not sure what your success will be with RMAing and requesting another batch. It depends on who you bought it from.

Attack Dachshund
    I have 2 of that same batch... on a new quad build in my sig 2 months ago... that machine has been giving me fits with the smp folding client, file io errors.. I finally replaced them with 2 Gskil sticks I had as spares, and the pc has turned in 6 wu's without incident since..

sad thing is I went through several os installs, and client debugging for hours trying to figure this thng out. all along it was the ballistix ram, that same batch you're talking about.. and I haven't even got my rebate back yet...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB12 View Post
    sad thing is I went through several os installs, and client debugging for hours trying to figure this thng out. all along it was the ballistix ram, that same batch you're talking about.. and I haven't even got my rebate back yet...
    same here it was ing me off

Xtreme Member
    Well, it's time to face facts, guys. DDR3 has been around for almost a year now, and while newer chipsets haven't dropped support, it's starting to get old. Look at the prices. Ballistix 8500 is $49 after rebate at the egg! They're clearly just trying to dump off their stock. Even before rebate(89), that's $25 cheaper than what i bought it for in december.
    People got great results with this ram, it's a shame to see it go this way. This newer stuff is not worthy of the Ballistix 8500 label. It should be labeled crappy replacement value ram.

I'm having trouble remembering, how long has DDR2 been around? Since 2004?
    Last edited by yankee; 05-05-2008 at 06:48 PM.
    Stealth Water

Quote Originally Posted by TheGanG View Post
    Yeah, x15 makes me happy...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zsamz_ View Post
    you wont be getting no double sided back
    use em if they bad they will just die
    The 667 high bin kit is still double sided, good luck finding it though... Im glad I got mine three months ago...
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

2,147,222 F@H Points - My F@H Statistics:
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...e=Conman%5F530

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [cTx] Raptor22 View Post
    The 667 high bin kit is still double sided, good luck finding it though... Im glad I got mine three months ago...
    i heard they had a new batch of 800 that was double sided

Dave's Mentor!
    Quote Originally Posted by [cTx] Raptor22 View Post
    i can get some but 76$ is way too much considering if they die i wont get no double sided
    better off buyin some high binned powerchips

maximus IV extreme gtx580
    gigabut p67-ud7
    p67 sabertooth
    2500k+2600k
    antec 1200watt
    EVGA classified 760
    920 Batch# 3849B018 4.985ghz@1.52v gtx285 ftw sli
    OCZ3RPR1866LV6GK hypers
    dfi ut p35 rampage extreme
    gigabut p35c-ds3r bios suks
    gigabut x38-d6q dead thank god
    ballistix 8500 1240mhz@2.02v

Attack Dachshund
    OK, i did a little google search "ballistix 97432" reading and thought I'd add what I came across to this thread about batch 97432...

here's just some of the complaints I found.
    Pros: Worked fine first for the first couple of weeks. Timings all perfect, even though it only had 2.175 voltage (2.2 v reccomended), still ran without a problem.

Cons: RAM says Batch: 97432. Like so many others on here that you can see from the reviews, mine worked fine for the first couple of weeks. Timings all correct, only issue was that my mobo couldnt supply the 2.2 voltage that was optimal for the ram (only up to 2.175.) WOrked fine though despite the lack of voltage, ran like a dream. Three weeks later now though, im getting problems. At first it was just noticeable, but not extreme graphical choppiness in my games, that arent even considered demanding imo, games like CoH and BF 2142 on med settings. My firefox was randomly failing, and I lost all my bookmarks cause of it...Couple days after that, now im getting BSODS during boot, random program failures when I can manage to boot even to Windows, checksum errors in file verifications (files have begun to become corrupted thanks to RAM), Windows Memory Diagnostic reports problems...

Other Thoughts: Guess we know why these dropped from $30 after MIR when I got them, to the unheard of $18 after MIR that theyre at now! Looks like Crucials trying to clear their stock of a particular couple of batches (97432 and 97532 Ive heard both having the exact same problems I am, works like a dream at first, then fails after 3-4 weeks...)
    Okay, so my THIRD replacement set of Crucial Ballistix PC 6400 was bad right out of the box!!! Crucial is utterly ridiculous. I tried switching memory slots, etc. and the RAM was just plain bad. The computer wouldn't even POST. Whatever quality they may have had before is plainly gone now.

One thing I did notice though it the model number of the bad RAM. The model(part?) is 97432. For my set of Crucial Ballistix RAM that works, the model number is 97532. For all three sets of the RAM that went bad, they each had the 97432 number. Unfortunately, I don't think there is anyway to tell what type you are getting if you order it online or from a retailer--unless you can see the actual RAM itself.
    Game over.

Cons: "My review earlier mentioned the problems I had. I tested it in yet another motherboard and had the exact same issues: BSOD's, Post issues, Memory won't run at rated speed or voltage. This makes 4 separate brands of motherboards with the same issue. Several people mentioned they had issues with batch number 97432... Well, this is the exact same batch that my sticks (and before me, my friend before he exchanged them) have. Check your sticks if you're having issues and make sure they're batch 97432 and it might explain everything!"

Cons: "Same batch 97432. One of the two sticks are bad."

there where allot more probs everywhere online, just google "Ballistix 97432"
    Like many others, these sticks worked fine in the beginning at the spec'ed 4-4-4-12, 2.2v setting. Then after about a month of usage I started getting random BSOD's, applications crashing, etc. Tried a clean wipe of the PC. Nothing helped. My non-tracer sticks are batch 97432 that everyone is reporting problems with.

Xtreme Addict
    To bad, I always wanted a Ballistix since a Long time, and when it was time to upgrade, I get the news they aren't OCing greatly anymore.
    Sound: Asus Essense ST | Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 | Norge 2060 Stereo amp | Wharfedale SW150 sub (coming soon)
    Camera Gear: Canon 6D | Canon 500D | Canon 17-40L | Canon 24-105L | Canon 50mm f1.4 | Canon 85mm f1.8 | Rokinon 14mm f2.8 | Sigma 10-20EX HSM | Benro A3580F + Vanguard SBH250 | Bag full of filters and stuff

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ANP !!! View Post
    To bad, I always wanted a Ballistix since a Long time, and when it was time to upgrade, I get the news they aren't OCing greatly anymore.
    Try to find the legendary 667 kit, thats all I really have to say...
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

2,147,222 F@H Points - My F@H Statistics:
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...e=Conman%5F530

Xtreme Member
    if you notice on newegg most works for 3 months i had mine running at 1200 mhz for those three months

athlon 64 X2 4000 @3.129
    298x10.5

ive got the second fastest X2 with 8600's