Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Age of Conan, whos getting it?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    BETA takes up 33gb of disk space, requires 35gb free to install.
    Computer: Intel i7-4770k | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Impact | 240GB Corsair Force GT | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 | 16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz | EVGA GTX690 Hydro Copper 4GB | Corsair AX850 | Steelseries 7G | Logitech G500 | 27" 2560x1440 Overlord Tempest X270OC 120Hz S-IPS
    Cooling: Koolance 380i CPU block | Swiftech Hydro Copper GPU block | EK X3 150 Reservoir | EK X-TOP D5 PWM drive | PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Bloodshed red | Alphacool NexXxos 240mm XT45 | Alphacool NexXxos 280mm UT60 | Bitspower Fittings | 4x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 120mm | 2x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 140mm | Lamptron FC-5V2
    Case: Custom modded matte black Caselabs Mercury S3

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhavv View Post
    MMOs with fees are FAR better then guild wars for PVE, guild wars is a PVP game with terrible instanced gameplay.
    Its the business model that owned Anet in the ass.. Having to pump out expansions to get case really screwed the game up for the most fans.

the first chapter was the best, everything was ballanced up nicely, all the rest were just meant for PvE whilst ruining PvP even more.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuuubeh View Post
    Its the business model that owned Anet in the ass.. Having to pump out expansions to get case really screwed the game up for the most fans.

the first chapter was the best, everything was ballanced up nicely, all the rest were just meant for PvE whilst ruining PvP even more.
    Agreed. For me the things that ruined the game was crap like loot scaling, dishonour, complete refusal to allow players to use 7 heroes because it is overpowered and imbalanced, but oh wait a minute, Ursan Blessing is fine o.O.

The other major problem with Guild Wars is the ass hat community. Its always a case of 'Only PVP matters, no one care what happens in PVE', or 'I play PVP and have this title for it, that makes me better at the game then you'. The players on the whole in the game are a complete joke as well, particularly in PVE.

I enjoyed the first campain immensely. The second was ok and I played it. The third started out great particularly with heroes, but then, they start ruining the game!!! (Remove loot drops for solo players, allow every tom and harry to report you for dishonour, completely ruin the game with imbalanced skills, remove the original idea of skill > time and add grind fests to keep people playing).

And the Eye of the North expansion was just the tip of a sunken Iceburg full of failure. It took no more then a day or two to complete it, and then it is just grind grind and grind for reputation points.

And the grind in Guild Wars was terrible. In other MMO's where you level up and get better loot, at least it is fun, rewarding, and challenging. In Guild Wars, once you have completed every chapter, all you have left to do is grind the same thing over and over again for no reward other then points towards a title, or just continually grind the elite areas and dungeons which are exactly the same as Raids in other MMO's.

The mechanic of GW is messed up now. The only reason I still log into the game is to chat to my guild / alliance, and just about my whole guild are moving over to AoC, but they are creating a guild on an American PVE server, I will be playing on a Europe PVP server

There are rumors of a bounty system in the PVP servers where people that kill for fun can end up with bounties on their head. That converted me to want to play a PVP server if it is true.

I would rather play a game with fees which is fun because they listen to their players, then play a game without fees with a case of 'We have your money now, we will do whatever we like to the game and force you to play the way that we make it'.
    Then it a case of 'Oooopsie, we ruined our game now, roll out Guild Wars 2 fast!'

Put monthly fees on guild wars and not even half as many people would have bought or carried on playing it.
    Last edited by Mungri; 04-21-2008 at 02:24 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    I dont mean to double post, but this needs a post of its own.

Check out this glitch video of AoC from the PVP beta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n34Bz5tz70U

Very very bad stuff that needs fixing here o.O
    Last edited by Mungri; 04-21-2008 at 03:23 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Don't even get me started on AOC and the complete disappointment that game has been for me, thus far. (beta)

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewL1950 View Post
    Don't even get me started on AOC and the complete disappointment that game has been for me, thus far. (beta)
    Can you elaborate on this (as much as you're allowed to do of course)? I have really high hopes for this game.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I have been playing wow for 2.5 years now and i think it is time for a change. really hoping AOC will be good.
    Intel i7 2600k, Asus p8p67 EVO, Thermalright Archon, G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB, Asus EAH6970 DCII, Corsair AX850W, Asus xonar essence ST, Coolermaster HAF 932,
    Crucial C300 128GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB, Samsung F3 1TB.

The world needs your support.
    Join The XS WCG team and help cure Cancer, AIDS, and other diseases.

Xtreme Member
    Well this whole FilePlanet Beta Key is a MAJOR cluster if you ask me. I just hope the game is good.....If not I need to wait for the Warhammer Online Beta to become semi-open.

-yonton228/timmy
    "Man, I wish my country wasnt run by liberal mangina's that piss their pants at the sight of guns..."-turtletrax

Xtreme Member
    i have a buddy that works at some small korean owned firm that is putting out a Mature rated MMORPG called Rohan. i think the open bata version is suppose to come out pretty soon. It a free mmorpg. ive never played so i cant review, but i saw the homepage and it looks interesting.

playrohan.com
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
    Intel q6600 g0 @ 3.6 VID 1.3 9x400 @1.42V
    Asus 4890 TOP 950/975
    G Skill- F2-8500CL5 3x1, Flex mode @ 800, 4-4-4-12
    Antec TruPower New 750
    Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB+
    Western Digital RE2 5001ABYS + 160gig WD storage drive
    Raidmax Smilodon Case

..goodbye 939..

Xtreme Member
    I played Runescape for 4 years anything is better lol!

Xtreme Member
    lol... i played runescape... i was a member and everything, quit at 96... sad sad days those were. lol. anyone else get into beta? i didnt want to mess with the whole file planet thing... paying the 15 bucks doesnt insure your a key... just gives you a chance... i didnt liek that. >.<
    [MOB] AM3 Asus M4A79T Deluxe
    [GPU] ATI HD 5870 1gb 925 mhz
    [RAM] OCZ Reaper 4gb 1600 mhz
    [CPU] AMD Phenom II 965 4.0 ghz

"What doesn't kill you, only postpones the inevitable..."
    Water Cooled Apevia X-Plorer | Custom Window | Lapped Phenom II 955 | Lapped Phenom 9850

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by yonton228 View Post
    If not I need to wait for the Warhammer Online Beta to become semi-open.
    Have a buddy in the WAR beta, it's garbage. Mythic took everything that was good in DAoC and threw it out the window.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SamHughe View Post
    Can you elaborate on this (as much as you're allowed to do of course)? I have really high hopes for this game.
    Ok here is what I can say.

- The game is extremely linear. (as in walk down this path right now, linear)
    - The PVP is very unbalanced and buggy, more so then most other MMORPG's I have played that are a month before launch.
    - Loading screens everwhere
    - Zones are caped at 200 people
    - The combat is not as unique as many people want to make it out to be, and most of the casting innovations they promised, will be patched in latr.
    - Lots of the game still has not been tested and it is suppose to launch in a month.
    - SUPER demanding on your hardware.

The game looks good, the animations are nice, however I honestly think Funcom could have done with a delay. From what I am hearing they are running out of time and money so they decided to push the game out now.

Some people will enjoy the game, but it won't be the big block buster success everyone thinks it will be.

Personally, I am tired of paying companies for unfinished games monthly, so they can patch in everything they promised would be there for launch by the time I already dished out $100+. Not my style of game, but it will really come down to the preference of the user and their patients, because I hope nobody is expecting a finished and polished MMORPG in AOC.
    Last edited by AndrewL1950; 04-25-2008 at 03:46 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueagent6 View Post
    Have a buddy in the WAR beta, it's garbage. Mythic took everything that was good in DAoC and threw it out the window.
    WAR isn't garbage, it's just a beta. Every single thing the developers promised and said was in the game, is in the game. So if you have been following it and expecting those things, you won't be disappointed. It might not be the game for everyone, but it's more then I can say for every other MMORPG ever made for a PC.

Xtreme News & Reviews
    Preordered My Copy two days ago
    Desktop
    AMD Phenom II X2 550 (Quad Unlocked @ 3.4Ghz / 2200Mhz NB)
    Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P (F9 Bios)
    8GB (4x2GB) @ DDR2-800
    ASUS GeForce GTX 560 Ti DirectCUII (920/1840/2200)
    Corsair Force GT 120GB
    LSI MegaRAID 8408E (3x750 R5)
    Windows 7 x64 SP1

Cisco E2000 with DD-WRT kernel 2.6

Xtreme Member
    also Edios's entire PR, marketing, and sales department were fired today.

Xtreme Member
    Ok here is what I can say.

- The game is extremely linear. (as in walk down this path right now, linear)
    - The PVP is very unbalanced and buggy, more so then most other MMORPG's I have played that are a month before launch.
    - Loading screens everwhere (All MMO's as of now are like this... no biggie)
    - Zones are caped at 200 people (Where did you read that this is going to be in the final release? The Beta servers arent the same as final release servers)
    - The combat is not as unique as many people want to make it out to be, and most of the casting innovations they promised, will be patched in latr.
    - Lots of the game still has not been tested and it is suppose to launch in a month.
    - SUPER demanding on your hardware. (I HOPE! I've been waiting for a game that can actually push my computer!)
    i expect tons and tons fo glitches in the initial release and unbalance pvp... im used to that kind of stuff, i played eq1 and eq2.. lol =). but, i am really looking forward to a refresh in the classical (medieval high fantasy) genre of MMOs, prehistoric man sounds awesome =).

p.s. does anyone have a beta key.account or whatever they can pm me some info on so i can just log on to the game and try it out for a couple days? i mainly just want to see the classes and the way the game looks and whatnot =)
    [MOB] AM3 Asus M4A79T Deluxe
    [GPU] ATI HD 5870 1gb 925 mhz
    [RAM] OCZ Reaper 4gb 1600 mhz
    [CPU] AMD Phenom II 965 4.0 ghz

"What doesn't kill you, only postpones the inevitable..."
    Water Cooled Apevia X-Plorer | Custom Window | Lapped Phenom II 955 | Lapped Phenom 9850

Xtreme Addict
    I hope the game does well, but I think I'm going to stick with WoW at least a year after WOTLK comes out. If there is an open beta/stresstest I'll try it out and if it changes my mind so be it.

i5 750 @ 3.2 Ghz, stock volts on stock cooling
    4GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 7-7-7-21
    Gigabyte P55-DS2
    EVGA GTX260 192shader

Xtreme Legend
    the lolopenbeta starts on may 1st.

- go to fileplanet
    - pay some money for a premium account
    - wait for limited waves of limited keys going out at random times (lasts 20 mins before keys gone). f5 marathon
    - click fast or no key for you
    - then download 12.8 GB from fileplanet using either no mirrors listed or sometimes you get one running at 150 kb/s
    - install, which needs like 30 gb
    - wait for may 1st and you finally can play a character to level 13.

did you know that levels 1-20 are singleplayer instanced in aoc ?

nice mmorpg open beta i must say

Xtreme Member
    - go to fileplanet
    - pay some money for a premium account
    Dont need to do all that if you have Comcast intrawerz here in the states. You can get the beta key for free.

- wait for limited waves of limited keys going out at random times (lasts 20 mins before keys gone). f5 marathon
    - click fast or no key for you
    Just download the Comrade thingy that FP has and it will alert you when keys are out.

- then download 12.8 GB from fileplanet using either no mirrors listed or sometimes you get one running at 150 kb/s
    I dl'ed it at about 800K/s @ peak time here on the west coast.

- install, which needs like 30 gb

It's only 17.2 gb installed.

Still over all, this was one cluster of a beta release.

-yonton228/timmy
    "Man, I wish my country wasnt run by liberal mangina's that piss their pants at the sight of guns..."-turtletrax

I preordered the CE today, just because I found a site that still has it available to be preordered. Figure if it doesn't shape up before launch time I can always cancel it.

Really I am looking forward to WH, since I played DAoC for 2+ years, however this might be a decent bridge between me coming off of WoW and switching to something else.

Just a side note, I hate the open beta theory through File Planet. Essentially you have to pay FP to obtain access which aids in the testing of the developers.

That early pass for AoC is sort of odd as well. Hinting towards they are slightly low on funds. Offering a early pass to start the game, but at the cost of 5 dollars to cover "download resources and 10 extra days of game play". Preordering the game should be plenty to grant a couple days of early access.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I've read different forums from gamespot to aoc complaining qq about fileplanet slow service.. (not saying you are, yours is really tame) but how many of these complaints are really warranted? I gotta wonder with the fast DL i got: 1.9MB/sec.

XS_THE_MACHINE
    WAR isn't garbage, it's just a beta.
    The same could be said about AoC and for your information, it has been pushed back... It was originally supposed to be released last fall.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Who wants a Key? PM me . I dont think I will enjoy this kind of game.
    CPU: INTEL Q9550 E0 @ 3600 1.28V + CORSAIR H50
    GPU: EVGA GTX 480 @ 725/1450/3800
    PPU: EVGA 9800GTX @ 738/1836/2250
    MB: ASUS P5E X38
    RAM: MUSHKIN 2X2GB
    SOUND: X-FI TITANIUM FATAL1TY | LOGITECH Z-5500 | LOGITECH G35
    HDD: WD 76GB X 2 RAPTORS RAID 0 10KRPM | WD 1TB CAVIAR BLACK 32MB STORAGE
    PSU: CORSAIR HX1000W PSU
    MON: HANNSPREE 28" 1920X1200 RESOLUTION

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueagent6 View Post
    The same could be said about AoC and for your information, it has been pushed back... It was originally supposed to be released last fall.
    I know it's been pushed back, I have been in beta since there was 200 people registered on the beta boards. Pushing back a game is a good sign. It means they want it to be polished and completely done when launched

I have also been in AOC for a long time, and the game is far more incomplete then WAR and comes out in May. Funcom ran out of money and is pushing it out. Maybe it will be good in a year or so when they patch all of the broken aspects of the game, but if I was Funcom, I would have delayed it until around Xmas.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast