Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: "Teybers Rotary SS"

Xtreme Cruncher
    I can see both sides to that, Walt. Sure, people are building things and marketting how well they hold a given load at a certain temp. But at the same time, theyre designing and engineering something to do that... its a lot more than just selling. Its creating. Food for the mind I guess... just like overclocking is tuning your computer to run as best as possible, tuning a cascade makes it run as cold as possible.

Xtreme Addict
    How can you compare two coolers based upon overclocks and software benchmarks, unless you were using the same hardware and setup EVERY time.

Load testers add in the control that make it a fair test / comparison. 100Watts in one country is the same as 100Watts in another.

My 2cents.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Not necessarily. Not all load testers are the same.

Xtreme Addict
    Some load testers are insulated, some arent, some have more mass than others etc. But I believe load testers are a much better way to test the capabilities of a system than overclocking. When you test on a comp, you are adding so many more variables into the equation than with a load tester, eg. overclocking abilities, ram, timings, voltage, capacitors, processor, stepping, ambient air for nb, sb, etc.

In doing this scientifically we should try to eliminate as many variables as we can, not test to see can overclock better. There are other threads for that.

My Custom Pressure/Temperature Charts for Various Refrigerants

QX6700 @ 3900 | EVGA 680i |2 GB Corsair 8500 Dominator | 7800 GT SLi | Silverstone 1KW | Seagate 7200.9 Barracuda RAID 0 + Hitachi Deskstar 2TB RAID 0 | SS Phase w/ Cryostar Evap | MIPS Full Motherboard cooling
    My Fake Quad Core is better than your real Quad Core! **cough**Barcelona**cough**

Lian Li Cube Case with Phase and Water DONE!!

Xtreme Addict
    well sorry if this sounds bad, but what exactly have you built? Anything? You have a 4 page build thread with a lot of shots of purchased equipment but nothing to show for it??? Except for the lathed evap and load tester. Lets see some mighty 3 stagers lol

QX6700 @ 3900 | EVGA 680i |2 GB Corsair 8500 Dominator | 7800 GT SLi | Silverstone 1KW | Seagate 7200.9 Barracuda RAID 0 + Hitachi Deskstar 2TB RAID 0 | SS Phase w/ Cryostar Evap | MIPS Full Motherboard cooling
    My Fake Quad Core is better than your real Quad Core! **cough**Barcelona**cough**

Xtreme Mentor
    started draining oil from the compressor. Only 75mm so far
    Quote Originally Posted by TopherTony View Post
    well sorry if this sounds bad, but what exactly have you built? Anything? You have a 4 page build thread with a lot of shots of purchased equipment but nothing to show for it??? Except for the lathed evap and load tester. Lets see some mighty 3 stagers lol
    I understand what you are saying... And take no offense. Most projects here are done amazingly fast. usually people just pull parts off a shelf, braze it and leak test it in an incredible amount of time. Then they charge/tune it in another short period of time. I am slowly trying to do this correctly. I'll post a final update (which probably won't be for a while) and ask questions when i run into problems.

Regards
    mentally confused and prone to wandering

Xtreme Addict
    75 ml? has it already been used before?

Xtreme Mentor
    75 ml? has it already been used before?
    Its still draining, slowly... But this is the compressor that had the r22 rupture... This is a used compressor from a window AC. I thought that some oil have leaked out, but not this much (talking about leaking out when the piercing valve blew)

Draining from the top of the compressor and from the small copper tube that leads from compressor to accumulator

regards

Xtreme Addict
    OIC, well I was just cruising around the ebays and found this jewel of an auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Refrigeratio...QQcmdZViewItem
    its a 5400 btu r22 rotary, 115V new. He has 10 or so, buy it now for like 30

just a heads up

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Polizei View Post
    I can see both sides to that, Walt. Sure, people are building things and marketting how well they hold a given load at a certain temp. But at the same time, theyre designing and engineering something to do that... its a lot more than just selling. Its creating. Food for the mind I guess... just like overclocking is tuning your computer to run as best as possible, tuning a cascade makes it run as cold as possible.
    That's true but to this day no one,let me repeat that, no one here has quatified in engineering terms ,like using a caloriemeter how much heat a given processor puts out or how well different evaporators preform.Without that data engineering a system is a guess .a close guess from experience at best.

DetroitAC built one,but not sure he ever put it into use as this type of testing takes time (to reach a steady state)and requires costly sensitive instruments that are in "calibration" . So the only resonably way to claim you have the best "system" to get is to have a complete system that produces the best overclock.Based on the fact electrons flow with less resistance as temperature decreses.

Remember XS is(Fugger can describe his site better than I)primarily a PC site that using extreme cooling as a means to the end,a great OC.At least thats the way I always seen it.
    The Laws of Thermodynamics say:

Zeroth Law: "You must play the game."
    First Law: "You can't win."
    Second Law: "You can't break even."
    Third Law: "You can't quit the game."

Do you wanna Play Thermodynamics ???????? I forgot "you must"

Xtreme Mentor
    OIC, well I was just cruising around the ebays and found this jewel of an auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Refrigeratio...QQcmdZViewItem
    its a 5400 btu r22 rotary, 115V new. He has 10 or so, buy it now for like 30

just a heads up
    o the irony I purchased one of them already, 30$ shipped:
    thanks for looking out for me though

its a rechi btw.

here is my compressor draining technique. I have only gotten about 100ml this way...

-100c Club Member
    That guy had that same compressor for last few months. Makes me think he has source to keep getting them... it almost looks like.
    Anyone played on those compressor with straight R-22? You might be in for pleasant surprise.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.vapoli.com/Images/Forum/vapoli.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Single Stage Work Logs

Quote Originally Posted by killermiller View Post
    Those ccb's will die if you look at them wrong.

heatware: jinu117

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by jinu117 View Post
    That guy had that same compressor for last few months. Makes me think he has source to keep getting them... it almost looks like.
    Anyone played on those compressor with straight R-22? You might be in for pleasant surprise.
    i have been talking to nol, he has been using them. He says you need "1 bar suction" too keep them from being loud and noisy (15psi vacuum on low side, is that what he means? 0psia sounds hard to believe...) And cannot find a spec sheet for rechi... grr darn you rechi. Luckily this came with overload, but no capacitor...

regards

Xtreme Addict
    a small cascade maybe? or a very beefy SS

Xtreme Enthusiast
    those rotary are really cheap

Xtreme Addict
    Gosh I wish they had 230V versions of them for that price. :o

Nice find.

Xtreme n00berclocker
    Quote Originally Posted by jinu117 View Post

Yea I think he has like a thousand of them or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

Xtreme Mentor
    for all who have used the rechi before, will this run capacitor work?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/25uf-370vac-moto...QQcmdZViewItem
    Nol has recomended a 25uf, but not sure on the vac...

I think i will not use the LG on this build... The fact that only this much oil has come out is a strong hint to me that it will have some problems.

Regards

Xtreme Mentor
    anybody who knows anything about electricity please give advice!

What would be the best way to get a "connection" on the two wires so i can fit them in the socket of my variac? links of things that would work would be nice, or can i just twist the wires and stick them in each end of the socket? this sounds very unsafe...

cheers

Xtreme Addict
    You could hack the head off of an old cable and use that. Everyone has a bunch of useless power cables laying around.

Or you can just buy the heads at a hardware store for like $1, and make your own.

XBOX Gamertag:Fujimitsu - I'm lonely, be my friend!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Where did you get those wires? They have cloth insulation!
    Anyway go to Lowes and get a plug.
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by 2long4u View Post
    Where did you get those wires? They have cloth insulation!
    Anyway go to Lowes and get a plug.
    they are the ends from the cartridge heater from mcmaster

by get a plug, you mean just cut a power cable, solder the ends? how do i know which one is ground?

thanks

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teyber View Post
    they are the ends from the cartridge heater from mcmaster

by get a plug, you mean just cut a power cable, solder the ends? how do i know which one is ground?

thanks
    What he is saying is, get a plug that fits in your variac. Buy one or modify an other cable.

Measure the resistance between the pins on the connector and its cables. If the resistance is 0 they are connected.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by bassie View Post
    What he is saying is, get a plug that fits in your variac. Buy one or modify an other cable.

Measure the resistance between the pins on the connector and its cables. If the resistance is 0 they are connected.
    where would i measure the resistance, wouldn't it be insulated?

Xtreme Addict
    Neither of them are gound. They are non-grounded AC cartridges. One is neutral the other is live.

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast