Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: "Teybers Rotary SS"

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by jinu117 View Post
    No you haven't. I use my 2 valve for dedicated nitrogen service
    Is it not kosher to charge nitrogen through the same hose as other refrigerants?
    mentally confused and prone to wandering

Xtreme Addict
    I haven't heard anything like that. I have read you should use different hoses for different oils though.

-100c Club Member
    You will have to clean hoses, replace them regulary anyways. (some of mine are overdue now) One way to avoid some of these is dedicated manifold set for each gases (which is what I do on some). Most of professionals tend to carry around 3-4 manifolds.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.vapoli.com/Images/Forum/vapoli.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Single Stage Work Logs

Quote Originally Posted by killermiller View Post
    Those ccb's will die if you look at them wrong.

heatware: jinu117

Xtreme Mentor
    You will have to clean hoses, replace them regulary anyways. (some of mine are overdue now) One way to avoid some of these is dedicated manifold set for each gases (which is what I do on some). Most of professionals tend to carry around 3-4 manifolds.
    I should have picked up a set of yellow-jacket hoses i saw for 35$ shipped.... How do you clean them jin? I will be using mineral oil btw

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeXE View Post
    Wow, nice stuff ya got there
    Thanks!

Xtreme Mentor
    alright guys, my main new-years resolution that affects this thread ( i have many :P ) is to get my epa 608 full certification. So i will be able to handle and purchase all refrigerants including low and high pressure refrigerants. Tomorrow i am going to make a conscious effort to buy the course work and study information, and will take the the test hopefully between January 2-7th...

Merry x-mas all!

Xtreme Addict
    Have you planned out the layout for the components yet?

Xtreme Mentor
    Have you planned out the layout for the components yet?
    For this build:

rechi-> desup-> 8x10" condenser-> spun copper service port-> .031" cap tube (i have .04" if i have similar problems as sneil and boshunter)-> custom evap->3 feet of suction line (i have a huuuuuge case )->rechi
    Refrigerant: either r402a or r507a
    No case on this build. Won't be keeping this unit most likely. MDF base or maybe a MDF case... I want to save my sheets of aluminum for other builds

Thats what im thinking for this build. For next build will use 1/2hp matu$hita rotary and have a nice aluminum case.

Regards

-130C Club Member
    Just small advice but it will be better when you will braze service port (this is service valve right?) before condenser. If you will put it after condenser, then probably every time you will use it, liquid R507 or other refrigerant will cool your hand :p Pressure after/before condenser is that same, so...there will be no difference in measurents.

But it depends, for example, on hoses which you are using.

Wish you everything the best

Luke
    Last edited by LukeXE; 12-26-2007 at 03:01 AM.

-150c Club Member
    If you have low loss fittings and remove high side with unit off all is good

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

-130C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    If you have low loss fittings and remove high side with unit off all is good
    Yes, you`re right too

Xtreme Mentor
    Still some good advice. Will problably help with tuning also, thanks for the adviec luke!

However, those spun ones are cheap and you don't have to crimp cap tube if your using for instance a suction filter...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    on our units, its about the same, but the biger the condenser is, the bigger will the pressuredrop be.

i use quick couplers on highside, which means no lost.

Xtreme Mentor
    quick couplers?

I had a talk with jinu last night. Well, today i bought myself a metalworking horizontal/verticle bandsaw!
    Excuse the bad pics, i was walking over boxes and such because im still assembling it. The stand is a joke. I rested the bandsaw on top of it and the stan folded inwards. I am hoping to rig something up, i don't have room on a bench for this beast....

there she is sitting on my bench. please excuse blurry pics.

yeah i know its a bad pic. It isn't fully verticle as like i said it needs to be on the stand it came with for that. Here, the motor is hitting the bench keeping it from going verticle. But this is a sweet little toy

and the inspiration for cutting. i spent 20 minutes hacksawing and my hand was throbbing for that first 1/8" :P you can see at the top how jagged it is XD. This thing cut it awsomely... i think this is going to be a good investment. Im way out of room though, my garage (shop...) is completely filled, even with a new bench on the way it won't have enough room

Regards
    p.s. the copper is for evaps

p.s. any bandsaw experts here please give me any machining advice, it seems too easy :P

Xtreme Addict
    For such a young kid, you sure have alot of money to spend. What did that thing run you?

Xtreme Member
    Glad to see the metal bandsaw made your tool collection, it really does make things quite a bit easier. I don't know if you've purchased a new bi-metal blade but they have a longer life than the standard blades that come on the bandsaw.

Xtreme Mentor
    For such a young kid, you sure have alot of money to spend. What did that thing run you?
    160$ i saw that price and had to!
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket733 View Post
    Glad to see the metal bandsaw made your tool collection, it really does make things quite a bit easier. I don't know if you've purchased a new bi-metal blade but they have a longer life than the standard blades that come on the bandsaw.
    yeah i think it will be very useful. I will sometime buy that blade, but im just going to be honest. Im getting so sick of spending so much money I want my shop to settle down before i buy more things. Is it hard to change blades?

Xtreme Mentor
    think i have fixed the stand. I will try to keep this thread mostly related to phase, so sorry for this picture. Im just glad i can put this somewhere that doesn't dominate bench space now
    Had some 1"x.125" metal bar (if you can call metal that thin bar XD ) so i strung it across the weakest point and put in a series of rivits on both sides. its very sturdy now...

*EDIT* it seems the pic is not working. Can anyone else see?

Xtreme Cruncher
    I was thinking the same thing.
    You can use a water based lube mixed with water too lube and cool down the work piece. You will need a small water pump with a resevoir. Depending how your setup is, this process may be too messy.
    http://www.schaefferoil.com/datapdf/129.pdf
    Last edited by [XC] 2long4u; 12-26-2007 at 05:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-100c Club Member
    WD-40 will do just fine. Go as low number as possible on tooth.
    You won't get exactly square cut no matter what you try (but still adjust it as close as possible)... Just snatched up my cold saw today (damn... had to drive 60 miles) so I don't have to deal with my bandsaw lol...
    [SIGPIC]http://www.vapoli.com/Images/Forum/vapoli.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Single Stage Work Logs

Those ccb's will die if you look at them wrong.

heatware: jinu117

Xtreme Mentor
    WD-40 will do just fine. Go as low number as possible on tooth.
    You won't get exactly square cut no matter what you try (but still adjust it as close as possible)... Just snatched up my cold saw today (damn... had to drive 60 miles) so I don't have to deal with my bandsaw lol...
    aww you should have told me. i would have bought it of fyou wanna send me a pic of it in pm? I have a nice disk sander/belt sander combo, (i think its called table sander, its a hitachi) that i will use to sand it flat. thanks for the heads up though

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by teyber View Post
    I will sometime buy that blade, but im just going to be honest. Im getting so sick of spending so much money I want my shop to settle down before i buy more things. Is it hard to change blades?
    Whoa, must be nice.

Xtreme Member
    You don't need to buy a new blade yet, just something to keep in mind when the time comes. It's a fairly quick process to change the blade, there's a screw or two keeping the blade cover on and then you loosen up with the wheel and that's about it. It's certainly expensive to buy all that stuff at once. Like Jinu mentioned a low number on the blade tpi will cut faster but leave a rougher edge. While the disk sander will do a good job removing the marks and flattening the piece it'll be best to use your mill to be able to precisely square things up.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    as long as you use decent cooling there is no issues with those blades, they will last long as long as you don't force it to much.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket733 View Post
    You don't need to buy a new blade yet, just something to keep in mind when the time comes. It's a fairly quick process to change the blade, there's a screw or two keeping the blade cover on and then you loosen up with the wheel and that's about it. It's certainly expensive to buy all that stuff at once. Like Jinu mentioned a low number on the blade tpi will cut faster but leave a rougher edge. While the disk sander will do a good job removing the marks and flattening the piece it'll be best to use your mill to be able to precisely square things up.
    good point. But with the mill you need to have a very flat edge to set on the parallels, wheras on my disk sander i can get it to the main shape. but once i have almost 90 degree angles i will definatly fly cut them

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast