Page 233 of 233 FirstFirst ... 133183223230231232233
Results 5,801 to 5,820 of 5820

Thread: ASUS Maximus Formula SE

Banned
    Update your everest, your version is rather old, 4.60.1500 is the latest non beta....Maximus has problems with older Everest
    Depending on bios version ect you might need to update your chipset drivers

Nice idea Grnfinger, in general (esp. for "sys.builder-newbies").

Assuming false sensor readings means checking/comparing different software and BIOS values, doesn't it?

Even tried the Extreme sensor for OPT`s (<=> Zalman f.e.), different CPU-fans, various case fans and , RAM-kits, settings etc.

I'm a bit used to thermodynamical problems, due to automotive engineering decades ago.
    But thy old man is obviously unable to conclude.

RMA, by the way will take up to six weeks in Germany.
    NH-U12F(NF-P12)/QX6850/Maximus Formula/2x Cellshock CS2221550
    HD5870 VaporX/SB X-Fi Fatal1ty/WD1500HLFS stripe/WD6401AALS/iHAS424
    Enermax Modu 87+ 600W/Lian Li A16A/aquaero 4.0 VF

Xtreme Member
    these are nice boards ive had 3 of them they all sold for more than I bought them for, and oc'ed insanely we'll
    i5 3570k 4.2ghz 1.28v H100 cooled stable 24/7 | Asus Sabertooth Z77 TUF | 2x4GB 8GB Mushkin Blackline 998954 | GTX 680 2gb | 120GB OCZ Vertex 3/3TB Seagate | Enermax Platimax 850w | NZXT Switch 810 White | Windows 7 Ultimate | Samsung 40" LCD HDTV
    A+ NET+ Linux+ MCP MCTS MCSA MCITP
    World of Tanks WGLNA
    CSGO ESEA
    Heatware: MarcusFoX

Quote Originally Posted by The Fool View Post
    @ sullysnet
    Tryed different dual kits on my board. When going for Dominators check revisions, different ones could cause trouble (even same SPD's).
    For your purpose I'd go for Micron Chips, D9GMH or D9GKX, even not listed in vendors QVL, MB will start with initial release BIOS all slots populated.
    Depends as well a bit to your location and RMA regulations.
    The only vendor I know granting chips is CellShock (preselected Microns, I've tested 30 passes Memtest 86+, no failure), but if you like orange heatspreaders, go for Crucial and check it out.
    thanks for the info I went with the RMA and instead bought was others had been using and honestly I like them The GSkill 4G kit 1066Mhz

I guess I can sell the 2G Dominator's on Ebay or keep the set as spares
    Core2 Q6600 - Go
    ASUS Forumla Maximus SE (1207)
    GSkill 4G PC2-8500
    Silvertone 750W
    Freezer 7 Pro - Artic Silver 5
    Antec 900
    Samsung SH-S203B
    Seagate 250G x2 AHCI
    EVGA GTX260

Xtreme Member
    OK, So it's been awhile. Can I get some feedback on some of the to date known best 2x2gb kits of OCZ or other quality ram kits to do best in the area of 1150 on this mobo?

I have moved to DDR3 on my P6T6-WS but want to run this old mobo on Vista ult x64 and want soem good DDR2 to OC to DDR1153. Any good suggestions?

Here's what I looked at so far; OCZ Platinum and the 4gb kit of my current (great RAM to date BTW) the Crucial Ballastics Tracers. Only not sure how the 2x2g kits holds up to the great rep of the previous 2x1g kit I run now. I also had great luck w/ OCZ Platinums in an older 2x2g kit of PC26400 OC'd to DDR1000 on an old P5WDG2-WS and still running solid at 2.2v. My current DDR3 in a Rampage II extreme I'm testing seams nice so far but I believe they are still too expensive for the old DDR2 version to bother w/ for a 2nd gaming PC. What do you guys think.

thankx in advance.

EDIT: Oh ja, just to know, yes, I love this mobo and i has served me well and a solid OC'r for over 15months nnow w/ only one hick up to date. well reccomendsed to any one interested
    4.250GHz (1.331v) @ 212 x 21 @ 2:8 DDR1600 @ 6-7-6-18 (1.657) ASUS RAMPAGE EXTRENE w/ Q6600 @ 3.8Ghz daily

ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME, X58 w/ ICH10R
    Intel Core i7 930, rev. DO, batch #3951A824
    Mushkin Redline 998691 PC3-12800
    ASUS ENGTX460 GTX-460 DirectCu 1G
    Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal!ty Champion
    SilverStone Strider ST80F 800W Quad 12v
    WD Raptor 74GB, 10K x4
    Danger Dan WaterBox Plus
    Windows 7 Enterprise x64
    Swiftech Apogee XT Copper Top w/ AS#5 (lapped to CPU)

Hi everyone,
    I use Rampage Bios 0403 for my Maximus foruma. this bios doesn't fully support E8500, it doesn't have option for me to set mulitplier and CPUz detected the multiplier = 9 instead of 9.5

Is there any new Rampage BIOS fully support 45nm processor?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahoo View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I use Rampage Bios 0403 for my Maximus foruma. this bios doesn't fully support E8500, it doesn't have option for me to set mulitplier and CPUz detected the multiplier = 9 instead of 9.5

Is there any new Rampage BIOS fully support 45nm processor?
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=216699

sorry to bump this board but I am having an issue on Vista x32 with my AHCI controller Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period
    I have tried everything I I just cannot solve this issue at all. For the life of me every fix does NOTHING!!!
    What I do not understand is the chipset on this machine is Intel ICH9 and I swear that the SATA controller (I am using AHCI mode) is Intel and should use the Intel driver and the JMicron is the IDE only. On ASUS's site there is nothing that mentions Intel as the SATA controller and only JMicron. Is this true? and have I been using the wrong driver for over a year now and getting away with it?

thanks for anyones help. Also if you seen this issue and resolved it how did you do it? I have updated to the latest Intel SATA\AHCI driver and disabled LPM mode for each drive in the registry from recommended fixes. This did not work for me....

thanks
    Core2 Q6600 - Go
    GSkill 4G PC2-8500
    Silvertone 750W
    Antec 900
    Samsung SH-S203B
    Seagate 250G x2 AHCI
    EVGA GTX260

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sullysnet View Post
    sorry to bump this board but I am having an issue on Vista x32 with my AHCI controller Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period
    I have tried everything I I just cannot solve this issue at all. For the life of me every fix does NOTHING!!!
    What I do not understand is the chipset on this machine is Intel ICH9 and I swear that the SATA controller (I am using AHCI mode) is Intel and should use the Intel driver and the JMicron is the IDE only. On ASUS's site there is nothing that mentions Intel as the SATA controller and only JMicron. Is this true? and have I been using the wrong driver for over a year now and getting away with it?

thanks for anyones help. Also if you seen this issue and resolved it how did you do it? I have updated to the latest Intel SATA\AHCI driver and disabled LPM mode for each drive in the registry from recommended fixes. This did not work for me....

thanks
    For starters, it is overclocked beyong 10% or more? If you have a medium to high OC, you will need to increase the SB voltages as well as the NB a tad help stable it out. Remember, lots of devices run through the SB, especially that Intel ICH9R hub.

AHCI on Intel is the same thing as single disc RAID in RAID ready more as long as you choose the correct driver at 3rd party install in OS set up. If you do choose AHCI you cannot change to RAID or RAID ready and into RAID later. If you start w/ RAID ready, it installs as AHCI/RAID Ready untill you choose to migrate a RAID or just leave it as so.

The latest and correct for this mobo is v8.7.0.1007 @ 1/9/2009 for the Intel ICH9R Intel 4 & 3 Series drivers
    4.250GHz (1.331v) @ 212 x 21 @ 2:8 DDR1600 @ 6-7-6-18 (1.657) ASUS RAMPAGE EXTRENE w/ Q6600 @ 3.8Ghz daily

ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME, X58 w/ ICH10R
    Intel Core i7 930, rev. DO, batch #3951A824
    Mushkin Redline 998691 PC3-12800
    ASUS ENGTX460 GTX-460 DirectCu 1G
    Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal!ty Champion
    SilverStone Strider ST80F 800W Quad 12v
    WD Raptor 74GB, 10K x4
    Danger Dan WaterBox Plus
    Windows 7 Enterprise x64
    Swiftech Apogee XT Copper Top w/ AS#5 (lapped to CPU)

thanks for the reply. I am only OCing very light. 2.4 is stock and I am at 2.6

It's kind of weird how I installed AHCI. I was using standard IDE setup for SATA in XP and decided I would switch to ACHI mode and load the driver just before I switched over. I had never tried it this way so I was taking a chance on it not booting. Well it booted fine and I've been using this mode ever since. The only change besides upgrading drivers when they are available is upgrading from XP Pro to Vista Ultimate x32. So I never recieved that error before in XP and never had an issues buring a CD or DVD (this is how I found the issue) Thing is it has been happening since I moved to Vista and I was not aware of it. I should of looked in the logs when the drive would freeze for 2 to 5 seconds. I am using a Seagate 7200.10 drive and not .11 that some suggested. Since reloading drivers from last known config I have not tested creating a CD or DVD and have not seen that delay, but it is still too early to tell.

seems like the only thing really different here is Vista

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckin_Futs View Post
    For starters, it is overclocked beyong 10% or more? If you have a medium to high OC, you will need to increase the SB voltages as well as the NB a tad help stable it out. Remember, lots of devices run through the SB, especially that Intel ICH9R hub.

AHCI on Intel is the same thing as single disc RAID in RAID ready more as long as you choose the correct driver at 3rd party install in OS set up. If you do choose AHCI you cannot change to RAID or RAID ready and into RAID later. If you start w/ RAID ready, it installs as AHCI/RAID Ready untill you choose to migrate a RAID or just leave it as so.

The latest and correct for this mobo is v8.7.0.1007 @ 1/9/2009 for the Intel ICH9R Intel 4 & 3 Series drivers
    Core2 Q6600 - Go
    GSkill 4G PC2-8500
    Silvertone 750W
    Antec 900
    Samsung SH-S203B
    Seagate 250G x2 AHCI
    EVGA GTX260

still getting this event and really I do not get it at all. Vista is the only big change to my system The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period.
    So using my burner on this machine out of the question and pretty much useless at this point until I upgrade to a Core i7 or whatever is out when I buy. I am surprised others using
    Vista, this board and a Seagate drive (if that is part of the issue) did not see this and why am I the only one here that has seen this.

thanks
    Core2 Q6600 - Go
    GSkill 4G PC2-8500
    Silvertone 750W
    Antec 900
    Samsung SH-S203B
    Seagate 250G x2 AHCI
    EVGA GTX260

OMG!

This Thread is crazy go nutz! Thank you to all who've contributed, whether you are here reading or not!!!

This is truly PACKED with serious info!
    If this thread is dead, totally, i apologize

I've run across a Maximus Formula that i've dropped a good old E8200 into that just happens to be groping 8gb's of 1066mhz rpr. I've OCCT'd it at 3.9ghz and am looking to push past that yummy 4ghz mark! Been there already but can't get stable. I know this is waaaay old school for you OC guru's but, some of us don't mind the 'hand-me-downs' and like fiddlin' with the 'last' generation, or older, of tech!

Sooo, that being said, i'm about 30mins into an OCCT run at 3.9ghz. the only tweeks on this setup/mobo is cpuV and a tad of pciE. 1.35V&111pciE respectively.

Any Pearls of wisdom from the old schol, would be much appreciated

And, actually, this is just some benching. This is actually gonna be a mobo upgrade for my father. The E8200 is gonna be lost to an old fashioned
    Q6600.

I'm tryin' to kick him towards the I7 bandwagon, but to no avail. You work with what 'cha got, ya know?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any response(s)!

M$

ps-google is a wonderful and crazy thing, huh?

pss-Shout out to the Commander!

g
    Last edited by Mr. Scary; 06-29-2010 at 12:58 AM.

Banned
    post up your bios setting and suggestions can be made, I have a few templates for 8400, 6600, 6700, 9550 and 9650 chips

Flashing the bios to Rampage would be a good idea, it got me higher clocks and better bandwidth, something to consider if your benching

Xtreme Addict
    Is there a "guide" that explains settings and gives recommendations for ocing 9550's on this board? I mean, I know there's bits and pieces scattered throughout this MASSIVE thread, but is there a single reply, doc on another site...anything? And Cleatus, I wouldn't mind that 9550 template. Thanks guys.

Banned
    there should be a few but I cant remember what and where... biggest contributors were Kup,Zuker2K and Grnfinger iirc, search there posts and you should do ok
    I'll hunt up my templates and post them this afternoon when I get home from work...

Sorry for the delay cleatus, but i've been swamped at work as well as learning this asus board and bios! anyway, not sure how the template works but here's what's OCCT'd Stable at 3.9ghz, but i'll be damned if i can squeeze that sucker to 4.0ghz! i even thought about a hole right at 500fsb and tried 501&502,,,,no luck! anyway, again, this is just fartin' around, my dad's box comes over this weekend and i'm gonna drop his Q6600 in it and set up his raid 0 array as well. Also, i just got in the mail today the original Accessory box, brand new off of ebay to go with the bare board from my buddy! sweet bells and whistle's, just wish it was the SE, LMAO!!!!!

tx again for any sugg's in regards to the e8200 as well as the Q6600 comin' this weekend!

M$

ps-are any of these 'asus' programs that come on the original disc worth a crap?
    i.e.,,,,ai booster, cpu level up, Qfan2, ai nap, ai gear3, ai suite, pc probe? if they are anything like the stuff MSI puts out with their mobo's forget it!
    just curious as i haven't loaded squat on anything yet, also how about the bios flasher from asus? if not, why? & what then?

tx

BIOS: 1201
    Extreme Tweaker
    Ai Overclock Tuner : manual
    OC From CPU Level Up : I DON’T HAVE THIS???
    CPU Ratio Control : manual
    - Ratio CMOS Setting : 8 (7or8 are my only choices)
    FSB Frequency : 488
    FSB Strap to North Bridge : 400
    PCI-E Frequency: 111
    DRAM Frequency: DDR2- set itself to 950(mem is reaper 1066mhz)
    DRAM Command Rate : 2T
    DRAM Timing Control: auto
    CAS# Latency :
    RAS# to CAS# Delay :
    RAS# Precharge :
    RAS# ActivateTime :
    RAS# to RAS# Delay :
    Row Refresh Cycle Time :
    Write Recovery Time :
    Read to Precharge Time :

Read to Write Delay (S/D) :
    Write to Read Delay (S) :
    Write to Read Delay (D) :
    Read to Read Delay (S) :
    Read to Read Delay (D) :
    Write to Write Delay (S) :
    Write to Write Delay (D) :
    DRAM Static Read Control: enabled
    Ai Clock Twister : strong
    Transaction Booster : disabled
    Relax: 0
    CPU Voltage : 1.57
    CPU PLL Voltage : 1.6
    North Bridge Voltage : 1.55
    DRAM Voltage : 2.10
    FSB Termination Voltage : 1.52
    South Bridge Voltage : 1.1
    Loadline Calibration : enabled
    CPU GTL Reference : auto
    North Bridge GTL Reference : auto
    DDR2 Channel A REF Voltage : ddr2_ref
    DDR2 Channel B REF Voltage : ddr2_ref
    DDR2 Controller REF Voltage : ddr2_ref
    SB 1.5V Voltage : 1.5

NB LED Selection : NB Volt
    SB LED Selection : SB Volt
    CPU LED Selection : CPU VOlt
    Voltiminder LED :

CPU Spread Spectrum : Disabled
    PCIE Spread Spectrum : Disabled

Advanced CPU Configuration
    - Ratio CMOS Setting : 8
    C1E Suppport : disabled
    CPU TM Function : disabled
    Vanderpool Technology : disabled
    Execute Disable Bit : enabled
    Max CPUID Value Limit : disabled

USB Configuration
    USB Functions: Enabled
    Legacy USB Support: Disabled
    Last edited by Mr. Scary; 07-03-2010 at 12:05 AM.

Hi there
    I ve got this problem for some time, in some games, such as cod modern warfare 2, or cod4, everything works fine when suddenly, the frame frezess and I get an audio hang up, sort of stutter of the same audio piece of sondtrack, maybe someone had the sam problem? need the reset the rig to boot after that, I tried going up with the north bridge, and cpu voltage with no sukcess
    any ideas?

p.s. while playing I don't overclock the card, maybe I need to cool down the north bridge, I ve got a spot fan on it blowing some air though???

BIOS: 1302 Maximus Formula
    Extreme Tweaker
    Ai Overclock Tuner : manual
    OC From CPU Level Up : I DON’T HAVE THIS???
    - Ratio CMOS Setting : 8,5
    FSB Frequency : 430
    FSB Strap to North Bridge : 333
    PCI-E Frequency: 100
    DRAM Frequency: DDR2- 861Mhz
    DRAM Command Rate : auto
    DRAM Timing Control: auto
    CAS# Latency :
    RAS# to CAS# Delay :
    RAS# Precharge :
    RAS# ActivateTime :
    RAS# to RAS# Delay :
    Row Refresh Cycle Time :
    Write Recovery Time :
    Read to Precharge Time :

Read to Write Delay (S/D) :
    Write to Read Delay (S) :
    Write to Read Delay (D) :
    Read to Read Delay (S) :
    Read to Read Delay (D) :
    Write to Write Delay (S) :
    Write to Write Delay (D) :
    DRAM Static Read Control: enabled
    Ai Clock Twister : strong
    Transaction Booster : disabled
    Relax: 0
    CPU Voltage : 1.325
    CPU PLL Voltage : 1.5
    North Bridge Voltage : 1.51
    DRAM Voltage : 2.02
    FSB Termination Voltage : 1.42
    South Bridge Voltage : 1.050
    Loadline Calibration : enabled
    CPU GTL Reference : 0.63x
    North Bridge GTL Reference : 0.67x
    DDR2 Channel A REF Voltage : ddr2_ref
    DDR2 Channel B REF Voltage : ddr2_ref
    DDR2 Controller REF Voltage : ddr2_ref
    SB 1.5V Voltage : 1.5

NB LED Selection : NB Volt
    SB LED Selection : SB Volt
    CPU LED Selection : CPU VOlt
    Voltiminder LED : enabled

CPU Spread Spectrum : auto
    PCIE Spread Spectrum : auto

Advanced CPU Configuration
    - Ratio CMOS Setting : 8,5
    C1E Suppport : disabled
    CPU TM Function : disabled
    Vanderpool Technology : disabled
    Execute Disable Bit : disabled
    Max CPUID Value Limit : disabled

USB Configuration
    USB Functions: Enabled
    Legacy USB Support: auto

thx for any suggestions
    OS: Windows XP Pro PL SP3 / WIndows Vista x64 ULTIMATE pl / Mac Os X 10.5.5 - Ideneb v1.3 x86 project
    Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 'C1' - VID 1200v @ 3.68ghz on 1.304v 433x8,5 (air noctua NH-U12F)
    Mobo: ASUS Maximus Formula BIOS Rev. 1302
    Memory: 4GB Geil Black Dragon DDR2 800 (1.8v) @ DDR2 866 5-5-5-18 on 2.0.1v
    Monitor: Lg 227wt 22" lcd
    Video Card: Gigabyte Geforce GTX260 OC 896mb @ 690/1240
    Storage: 2x 250GB seagate 10 - RAID 0 + 500GB 32mb seagate 11 + 320GB seagate 11
    PSU: Enermax Infiniti 650W
    Case: Antec P182

3dmark Vantage: 11940 and will be more a bit

Xtreme Addict
    Looks like you and I have similarly crappy Q9550's.

FWIW, I can't get over 3.6 stable either. And I've tried high vtt/nb/vcore volts like you. Although, I'm starting to wonder if it's the Board/BIOS rather than the chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
    Looks like you and I have similarly crappy Q9550's.

FWIW, I can't get over 3.6 stable either. And I've tried high vtt/nb/vcore volts like you. Although, I'm starting to wonder if it's the Board/BIOS rather than the chip.
    But I don't even want to go much higher, it's rather tha hanging while playing issue )) makes my shout very loud some times, maybe I have somthing badly configured in bios? the highiest overclock on cpu was 3.704 I think 3dmark passed
    OS: Windows XP Pro PL SP3 / WIndows Vista x64 ULTIMATE pl / Mac Os X 10.5.5 - Ideneb v1.3 x86 project
    Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 'C1' - VID 1200v @ 3.68ghz on 1.304v 433x8,5 (air noctua NH-U12F)
    Storage: 2x 250GB seagate 10 - RAID 0 + 500GB 32mb seagate 11 + 320GB seagate 11

Quote Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
    post up your bios setting and suggestions can be made, I have a few templates for 8400, 6600, 6700, 9550 and 9650 chips

Flashing the bios to Rampage would be a good idea, it got me higher clocks and better bandwidth, something to consider if your benching
    Could you post the template for the q9550?
    Thx in advance

Page 233 of 233 FirstFirst ... 133183223230231232233