Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crucial Lanfest PC6400 = Crucial 10th Anniversary

Xtreme Member

Crucial Lanfest PC6400 = Crucial 10th Anniversary

Take a look at the PCB closely. They have the same PCB, which is different from the Ballistix. Gave a call to a buddy of mine who works for Crucial and he said he'll have to ask to make sure but he thought they were handpicked also.
    E6400 L624A768 @ 3600mhz 1.48V
    Biostar TP35D2-A7
    2x1GB Micron D9JKH, 2x1GB OCZ Gold DDR2-1100
    1x250GB WD SATAII 2x120GB Maxtor IDE 1x200GB
    EVGA 8800GTS 512MB stock 799/1998/2075
    MCW350, Apogee, 120.1 Swiftech Rad
    Antec Smartpower 500W
    BenQ DVDrw
    Logitech z-5300e

Xtreme 3D Team Member
    i own many sets of crucial ram and my 10th ann sticks are identical to ballistix, same levin pcb and everything. only difference is the heatspreader and the spd
    QX 9650 5ghz with 1.55v 4.8ghz with 1.5v 24/7 in a VAPOLI V-2000B+ Single stage phase cooling.
    DFI LP LT X-38 T2R
    2X HD4850's water cooled , volt modded
    Thermaltake 1KW Psu
    4x Seagate 250GB in RAID 0
    8GB crucial ballistix ram

Xtreme Member

Take a look at the very end of the rightside of the PCB, you'll notice the gold colored whatever that is there. Those are only found on the 10th Anniversary and the lanfest ram. It's also a limited time promotion through newegg, which is exactly what the 10th Anniversary were. They probably have left overs from the 10th Anniversary promotion that they stopped it awhile ago (as it's now their 11th Anniversary)
    Biostar TP35D2-A7
    Antec Smartpower 500W
    BenQ DVDrw
    Logitech z-5300e

Xtreme 3D Team Member
    like i said it is on all my ballitix ram also.
    QX 9650 5ghz with 1.55v 4.8ghz with 1.5v 24/7 in a VAPOLI V-2000B+ Single stage phase cooling.
    DFI LP LT X-38 T2R
    Thermaltake 1KW Psu

Xtreme Cruncher
    Have a set of tracers and non tracer 6400s neither have it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Take a look at the very end of the rightside of the PCB, you'll notice the gold colored whatever that is there
    That is also on both my 6400s and my 8000s.

Just use a little logic here...why would Crucial make a special run of high-binned ram and only let Newegg in on it...don't you think that Mwave, Buy.com, ZipZoomFly and a host of other resellers would get all annoyed?

Not to mention that these "Special Modules" are being priced pretty much the same as the regular stuff. Does not make any sense that these are anything other than a Marketing Special.

Could there be some gems in the bunch? Sure, just like there are in almost all lines of high-end ram...and scattered among the Value Ram also.
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

Heat

Xtreme 3D Team Member
    i don't feel like pulling the sticks that are in my rig but here is the rest.
    [IMG][/IMG]

and like i said you can't see the others when they are installedbut i took a good pic so i figured i'd post it too.

[IMG][/IMG]
    DFI LP LT X-38 T2R
    Thermaltake 1KW Psu

Xtreme Member
    Neither set of my Ballistix has it. Have both the PC8000's non tracer and PC6400 tracer.

Reefa_Madness your comment made it clear that you haven't got a damn clue what you are talking about. Crucial has already done a special promotion once this year through newegg and only let newegg in on it. Buy.com/mwave.com/zipzoomfly.com ect DID NOT sell the Crucial 10th Anniversary edition ram. They were all, in fact, higher binned ram then anything any other store gets because every 10th Anniversary edition Kit had hand picked D9GMH ICs. Not even the Ballistix PC8500 is hand picked D9's. The price of the 10th Anniversary Kit when it came out was lower than any of the other Ballistix kits.

Jimmyz what are your other Ballistix kits? PC5300/PC6400/PC8000/PC8500?
    Biostar TP35D2-A7
    Antec Smartpower 500W
    BenQ DVDrw
    Logitech z-5300e

Xtreme 3D Team Member
    10th anniversary -2gb ddr2 5300 , tracers: 2gb ddr2 8000, 3-1gb pairs of ddr2-6400.

any of them will do ddr2 1200.
    DFI LP LT X-38 T2R
    Thermaltake 1KW Psu

Xtreme Addict
    My Ballistix 8500 have the gold writing on em.

70801P
    Levin
    Last edited by LordEC911; 10-02-2007 at 01:57 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Has nobody testet them ?
    OCTeamDenmark.Com

Wanna look under my kilt?
    I thought the LANFest stuff had LEDs built into the PCB? Which makes them difference to 10th Anni stuff, unless the comparison was in performance?
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K404 View Post
    I thought the LANFest stuff had LEDs built into the PCB? Which makes them difference to 10th Anni stuff, unless the comparison was in performance?
    No no, we're talking about the performance goodies, not the eye candy goodies.

The debate: They are Handpicked D9GMH just like the Crucial 10th anniversary kits or even better, handpicked D9GKX.
    Biostar TP35D2-A7
    Antec Smartpower 500W
    BenQ DVDrw
    Logitech z-5300e

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hutch...you say:
    Gave a call to a buddy of mine who works for Crucial and he said he'll have to ask to make sure but he thought they were handpicked also.
    and

Take a look at the very end of the rightside of the PCB, you'll notice the gold colored whatever that is there. Those are only found on the 10th Anniversary and the lanfest ram.
    jimmyz says:
    i own many sets of crucial ram and my 10th ann sticks are identical to ballistix, same levin pcb and everything. only difference is the heatspreader and the spd
    LordEC911 says:
    My Ballistix 8500 have the gold writing on em.
    I say:
    That is also on both my 6400s and my 8000s.

Hutch,
    So much for your exclusive and "SPECIAL PCBs" as a means of proving that these are special binned D9GMH...at most you would have proven was different PCBs...nothing more...and you didn't prove that.

Now, lets talk about your "buddy that works at Crucial". If you are going to use an inside person as more proof, then at least give a clue as to his position so that others can determine the value of this inside information. If the guy is head of product development or a sales supervisor of some type, then his comments have value...if the guy works in the warehouse and has to ask his manager as to whether or not these are special ICs and his manager has to ask his boss and ....well, you get the picture, don't you? You've already stated that the guy had to ask...he doesn't know, which really means that you don't either. You won't even have second hand information, you'll have third or fourth at best.

And you call me clueless!

As far as these being "left overs" from the 10th Anniv Specials...well, guys are posting that they are receiving regular 5300s back as RMA replacements from Crucial instead of 10th Anniv Specials which would lead me to conclude that they don't have any left overs, so again, doubtful that these are anything but a promo for this (see any name you recognize in the list of sponsors?).

http://promotions.newegg.com/LANFEST2007/index.html

By the way...where did I post that Mwave, ZZF and others sold Annivery Specials? I don't know if they did or didn't, but my comment was about Crucial making a set of specially binned ram for newegg. Just in case you forgot, the 10th Anniversary Specials were not made for newegg...they were made for Crucial and sold by newegg. Big difference between having ram produced specifically for you versus being a reseller of a limited line of products. If I remember correctly, could you order them (the 10th A.S.) directly from Crucial? Can you order these Lanfest Specials directly from Crucial...not when I last checked two days ago.

The price of the 10th Anniversary Kit when it came out was lower than any of the other Ballistix kits.
    And pricing...go back and pull up reviews on the 10th Anniversary Specials and you'll see that they did not sell for less than the regular stuff, as you indicated in the above quote. They sold at par or for more. Do you have any business experience or background? You don't sell your "best" at discounted prices to the detriment of the rest of your product line.

So far we have established that you would make a lousy attorney, as your conclusive evidence is far from it and we have established that you don't have much business accumen...I sure hope that your in different lines of work or study.

Pal, buy what ever the heck you want, but I'm entitled to offer my opinions, just as well as you are...and that is all you've offered...your opinions!

The next time you want to sound like you know something...be sure first that you actually do know something.
    Last edited by Reefa_Madness; 10-02-2007 at 04:11 AM.
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

Heat

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by K404 View Post
    Thanks for that little obvious, but overlooked point.

Hutch now wants to take the attention away from the PCBs...now that the comparison to the 10th Anniv Specials is no longer valid, and concentrate on the ICs.

I guess at least there won't be anymore talk about "left over 10th Anniv Specials".

Now we are to believe that the higher priced D9GKX is being put on these cheaper modules.

I guess you can always dream.

Heat

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post

Take a look at the very end of the rightside of the PCB, you'll notice the gold colored whatever that is there. Those are only found on the 10th Anniversary and the lanfest ram. It's also a limited time promotion through newegg, which is exactly what the 10th Anniversary were. They probably have left overs from the 10th Anniversary promotion that they stopped it awhile ago (as it's now their 11th Anniversary)
    so just because its a similar or the same pcb you think the chips are the same and binned the same as the 10th anniversary?
    i mean i hope your right and those are binned nicely, the anniversary sticks were swesome, but i highly doubt theese are the same...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefa_Madness View Post
    Hutch...you say:

and

jimmyz says:

LordEC911 says:

I say:

Hutch,
    So much for your exclusive and "SPECIAL PCBs" as a means of proving that these are special binned D9GMH...at most you would have proven was different PCBs...nothing more...and you didn't prove that.

Now, lets talk about your "buddy that works at Crucial". If you are going to use an inside person as more proof, then at least give a clue as to his position so that others can determine the value of this inside information. If the guy is head of product development or a sales supervisor of some type, then his comments have value...if the guy works in the warehouse and has to ask his manager as to whether or not these are special ICs and his manager has to ask his boss and ....well, you get the picture, don't you? You've already stated that the guy had to ask...he doesn't know, which really means that you don't either. You won't even have second hand information, you'll have third or fourth at best.

And you call me clueless!

As far as these being "left overs" from the 10th Anniv Specials...well, guys are posting that they are receiving regular 5300s back as RMA replacements from Crucial instead of 10th Anniv Specials which would lead me to conclude that they don't have any left overs, so again, doubtful that these are anything but a promo for this (see any name you recognize in the list of sponsors?).

http://promotions.newegg.com/LANFEST2007/index.html

By the way...where did I post that Mwave, ZZF and others sold Annivery Specials? I don't know if they did or didn't, but my comment was about Crucial making a set of specially binned ram for newegg. Just in case you forgot, the 10th Anniversary Specials were not made for newegg...they were made for Crucial and sold by newegg. Big difference between having ram produced specifically for you versus being a reseller of a limited line of products. If I remember correctly, could you order them (the 10th A.S.) directly from Crucial? Can you order these Lanfest Specials directly from Crucial...not when I last checked two days ago.

And pricing...go back and pull up reviews on the 10th Anniversary Specials and you'll see that they did not sell for less than the regular stuff, as you indicated in the above quote. They sold at par or for more. Do you have any business experience or background? You don't sell your "best" at discounted prices to the detriment of the rest of your product line.

So far we have established that you would make a lousy attorney, as your conclusive evidence is far from it and we have established that you don't have much business accumen...I sure hope that your in different lines of work or study.

Pal, buy what ever the heck you want, but I'm entitled to offer my opinions, just as well as you are...and that is all you've offered...your opinions!

The next time you want to sound like you know something...be sure first that you actually do know something.

The 10TH Anniversary kits were a special promotion through newegg. Newegg was the only place you could get them. When they first came out they were the cheapest 2x1GB kit that was guaranteed to be Micron D9's, nevermind handpicked D9GMH.

What is the Lanfest ram? The exact same thing. They are a special promotion through newegg and you can only get them through newegg. The 'Lanfest' is a competition being sponsored by newegg and crucial called Lanfest. The Lanfest competition is quite simple: Be one of the two fastest people to build a computer and get it up and running. The 2 winners get a pair of Lanfest ram and various other hardware.

Just like the Crucial 10th they are a limited time promotion and can only be purchased through newegg. They have a limit of 4 kits per customer maximum, which hints at the fact that they only have a limited quantity of these because they are specially binned/handpicked.

The whole issue with the RMA and getting back regular Ballistix with the 10th Anniversary kits was rather shady. Several times they went back in stock months after they stopped producing them and then quickly sold out.

I guess I was wrong about the PCB but that's not what I was going on anyways, it was just one more hint towards what they were I thought.

Catch my drift?
    Biostar TP35D2-A7
    Antec Smartpower 500W
    BenQ DVDrw
    Logitech z-5300e

Xtreme Member
    http://www.overclock.net/online-deal...-tracer-2.html

Check the last post, guy says he's running DDR2-1200 Cas 5 2.2V with these sticks. Neither of my Ballistix kits will do that and all my sticks are 512MB (And one of my kits will do 460mhz Cas 3 2.35V)
    Biostar TP35D2-A7
    Antec Smartpower 500W
    BenQ DVDrw
    Logitech z-5300e

Xtreme X.I.P.
    OMG! They dont say D9GMH!

I am going to post a pic of some Ballistix 8500 and make some speculations also! har har.

Hutch, it is pointless posting speculation. Same PCB used on most other ballistix (some ballistix uses brainpower PCB, most ballistix use Levin PCB).

All these are = ballistix tracers with no top LED's/ XLINX LED activity controller

Get a grip man.
    CPU: Intel CORE 2 Duo E6550 @ 3.6GHz w/ 1.29vcore (517*7)
    Motherboard:
    Gigabyte P35-DQ6
    Memory:
    Crucial 8500's
    Video:
    Nvidia 8800GTX
    PSU:
    Zippy 700W (fan modded of course)

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    http://www.overclock.net/online-deal...-tracer-2.html

Check the last post, guy says he's running DDR2-1200 Cas 5 2.2V with these sticks. Neither of my Ballistix kits will do that and all my sticks are 512MB (And one of my kits will do 460mhz Cas 3 2.35V)
    mine do, so what?

At any rate... I will test against ballistix 8500/8000 and this stuff. My lanfest "uber" sticks arrive thursday.

So be prepared. E6850 on a p5b deluxe plus 3 sets of ballistix.

Oh hell, ill throw in some corsair dominator ram into the mix as well.... maybe some other stuff.

Anything to end a thread that isnt adding value! Stay tuned.
    Last edited by irev210; 10-02-2007 at 04:20 PM.
    CPU: Intel CORE 2 Duo E6550 @ 3.6GHz w/ 1.29vcore (517*7)
    Motherboard:
    Gigabyte P35-DQ6
    Memory:
    Crucial 8500's
    Video:
    Nvidia 8800GTX
    PSU:
    Zippy 700W (fan modded of course)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The 10TH Anniversary kits were a special promotion through newegg. Newegg was the only place you could get them.
    Funny isn't it...how not everyone agrees with that statement. It certainly appears per this review that Crucial sold their own ram, too.

"I conclude that the Crucial DDR2-667 10th Anniversary RAM module is good, but perhaps a little overpriced. Curiously, I was able to find the same RAM at considerably more competitive prices at third-party online resellers like Newegg. I don't understand why the Crucial Web site offers the same module for over $80 more, but I suspect there was some sort of mistake in pricing."

Source:
    http://www.hardwareinreview.com/cms/content/view/51/

and...

I guess I was wrong about the PCB but that's not what I was going on anyways, it was just one more hint towards what they were I thought.
    Given that the following quote is how you start this thread, I find it interesting that you now discount, in the quote above from post # 17, the value of the very point which you based this thread on.

Take a look at the PCB closely. They have the same PCB, which is different from the Ballistix.
    lastly...

Just like the Crucial 10th they are a limited time promotion and can only be purchased through newegg. They have a limit of 4 kits per customer maximum, which hints at the fact that they only have a limited quantity of these because they are specially binned/handpicked.
    Then again, did you consider perhaps it only hints at the fact that they have a limited quantity of "Lanfest" heatspreaders? I bet that they have a bunch more Micron chips than Lanfest spreaders.

I'm really having a fun time playing this "what if" game with you, but now I think I'll get back to the real world. Enjoy your Lanfest.
    Last edited by Reefa_Madness; 10-02-2007 at 07:41 PM.

Heat

Xtreme X.I.P.
    lets all calm down and not argue over this, hutch, just get a kit and try it out.
    i dont understand what all the hype is about

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Reefa_Madness your comment made it clear that you haven't got a damn clue what you are talking about
    I've always found this approach to be a terrible way to start a friendly discussion...don't know why, but I guess its just one of my many quirks.

Heat

Xtreme Member
    Don't these have flashing LED's on top?

Xtreme Member
    no, those are the tracers you're talking about.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast