Xtreme Member

Vista SP1 White Paper

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Guru
    proof (take it however wished) vista just wasnt done when launched

E=mc2

vista=crap*c2

-100c Club
    Nothing new to virtually everyone. Vista should be canceled as the first SimCity 3000 was, and rebuilt from ground up leaving only new driver model.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by FLG_Poncho View Post
    You do realize that vista had about a 10th of the bugs that XP did when it launched right? Vista is probably the most stable, desktop OS from microsoft at launch ever.
    lol stable?

i wish i could say the same

vista is as bad as win95 or worse

vista is an insult humankind

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NapalmV5 View Post
    lol stable?

it was stable.. i just didnt like the fact that it asks permisiion to do everything
    we going shh around the corner

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by aintz View Post
    it was stable.. i just didnt like the fact that it asks permisiion to do everything
    If you spent 30 seconds doing a little research rather than dismissing vista close-mindedly, you would have found out that UAC takes 1 minute to disable.
    3570K ● Asus V Gene ● 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 ● EVGA 660 Ti SC ● Seasonic X750 ● 128GB Samsung 830 SSD & External 1TB RAID1

SupremeFX SPDIF -> MHDT Constantine DAC -> Darkvoice 336i Tube Amplifier -> AKG K701

Xtreme Member
    I for one did not have Vista crash on me yet and I have it on 4 machines including my lappy. The performance completely blows goats though.

Xtreme Legend
    poncho is right

XP had a lot of problems when it came out

this is the only thing that pisses me off about MS.....who are we betatesters and why do we pay for a product that doesn't work properly

i hope all these databases of issues will be put to good use on next OS to minimise issues to insignificance
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Member
    I will agree with you here.... to a point. If you are running a "bare bones" type PC then I would not suggest vista. 2gb is minimum IMHO... especially on a laptop. I went from 1gb to 2gb on each of my laptops and noticed a huge improvement with vista. If you've got a fast PC then vista is great. If you're running a P3 with 512mb of RAM.... stick with XP.
    Yeah couldn't agree more. Really love vista but it does blow on slower systems.

In regards to bugs I'm sure that MS did a lot of bug testing hence the two beta's and the release candidate but in a system as huge as an operating system it just is not feasable to release a perfect system the first time.

There are to many hardware configurations, software mixes and actions in order to test everything. I personally believe that MS did a really good job with Vista in reducing bugs. XP was substantially worse when it was first released.
    Rig 1: Core 2 Quad q6600 under TR Ultra 120 ex, ASUS P5E Deluxe, 4x1Gb Crucial Balistix DDR2 667, 4870, 1TB samsung F1, Stacker 810, HX620

Rig 2: E6700 under Big Typhoon, P5b Deluxe Wifi, 2x2gb Gskill Pq, MSI 4850, Seagate 250gb 7200.10, NZXT Apollo, vx450

Rig 3: AMD64 3000+ under Ultra90, DFI NF3 UT 250g, 2x1Gb DDR 400, 7300gt DDR3, 160gb Hitachi Deskstar

Rig 4: m1730 core2 p9500, 2x8800gtx, 4gb DDR2, 2x250gb, Blu Ray

Rig 5: ASUS n10jc Atom @ 2.0ghz, 9300gs, 2gb DDR2, 160gb

Xtreme Legend
    I agree 100% here. But think about it.... what software company doesn't rely on it's users for Beta testers? I can't think of a single piece of software recently that doesn't run like crap @ launch. I really don't know the alternative for some though.... there are just too many hardware combos to account for. That's the problem with an OS like Vista/XP/etc.... they have to account for every single combo and the conflicts that may arise. It's just not possible so they give it their best shot and fix the things that come up.
    with the amount of info they collect over the years they should be able to use the past info to build new OSes
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have used Vista for 3months until now,it's a good OS it could be better and I mean by that the fact that there are not much real differences between Vista and XP,the only thing I am not happy with is the 3rd party support for this OS....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Dont listen to these people that talk crap about Vista being the worst OS ever. They have no idea what their talking about. They are just listening to rumors and isolated incidents from people throwing fits because their expectations were super high, and they got less than what they had hoped for. They have no idea that Vista is actually the most stable and compatible OS to date on release as MS goes. Its so funny when i ask people' "Ok, what exactly are you having troubles with in Vista then." The answer is usually, "oh, I cant find drivers for so and so" Well, buddy, thats not really Vistas fault. Plus don't expect an OS upon release to have 100% compatibility with everything.

Whatever, Vista is not too shabby right now, and it will of coarse get better as time rolls along as the other OS'es slowly did.
    This post above was delayed 90 times by Nvidia. Cause that's their thing, thats what they do.
    This Announcement of the delayed post above has been brought to you by Nvidia Inc.

RIGGY
    case:Antec 1200
    MB: XFX Nforce 750I SLI 72D9
    CPU:E8400 (1651/4x9) 3712.48
    MEM:4gb Gskill DDR21000 (5-5-5-15)
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX260 EVGA SSC (X2 in SLI) both 652/1403
    PS:Corsair 650TX
    --Cooling--
    5x120mm 1x200mm
    Zalman 9700LED
    Displays: Samsung LN32B650/Samsung 2243BWX/samsung P2350

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    with the amount of info they collect over the years they should be able to use the past info to build new OSes
    Kinda hard to do, when you re write a new program, there will always be faults. Its better, marketing wise. To release the software and have hundreds of thousands of people find the problems and down sides in it. Than it is to spend another 2 years, money and with 200+ people trying to do the same thing. Business wise, its better to let the public, that you sell the product to, find and determine downfalls and faults in software and release patches to fix them.

You will never, ever, ever see a piece of software that releases with 100% compatibility and 100% stability with no faults or down sides, ever in the history of technology. There will always be problems, there will always be downsides, there will always be upgrades.
    Last edited by Decami; 08-29-2007 at 02:11 PM.
    This post above was delayed 90 times by Nvidia. Cause that's their thing, thats what they do.
    This Announcement of the delayed post above has been brought to you by Nvidia Inc.

RIGGY
    case:Antec 1200
    MB: XFX Nforce 750I SLI 72D9
    CPU:E8400 (1651/4x9) 3712.48
    MEM:4gb Gskill DDR21000 (5-5-5-15)
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX260 EVGA SSC (X2 in SLI) both 652/1403
    PS:Corsair 650TX
    --Cooling--
    5x120mm 1x200mm
    Zalman 9700LED
    Displays: Samsung LN32B650/Samsung 2243BWX/samsung P2350

Xtreme Member
    lol stable?

Funny, I've been using Vista exclusively since January 31st, 2007 and I haven't had a software related crash in 6 months.
    [-AMD Opteron 165 @ 3.0Ghz-]
    [-DFI LAN Party UT uNF4 Ultra-D-]
    [-AData 4GB (4x1GB) DDR484-]
    [-eVGA Geforce 8800GTS 640MB 320-Bit-]
    [-Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic-]
    [-Seagate 160GB & 250GB 16MB Cache SATA300-]
    [-OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI-]
    [-DELL 2005FPW LCD Monitor via DVI-D- & Westinghouse 22w3 LCD Monitor via DVI-D]
    [-Windows Vista Ultimate x64-]

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Decami View Post
    Kinda hard to do, when you re write a new program, there will always be faults. Its better, marketing wise. To release the software and have hundreds of thousands of people find the problems and down sides in it. Than it is to spend another 2 years, money and with 200+ people trying to do the same thing. Business wise, its better to let the public, that you sell the product to, find and determine downfalls and faults in software and release patches to fix them.

You will never, ever, ever see a piece of software that releases with 100% compatibility and 100% stability with no faults or down sides, ever in the history of technology. There will always be problems, there will always be downsides, there will always be upgrades.
    this is ONLY possible marketing/business wise because they virtually have a monopoly
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Vista itself is pretty damn stable, ok my laptop wouldn't hibernate under Vista for a while, but that was a manufacturer problem.

The only grunt I have against Vista is the "cached" application which helps to faster load time. I don't need or want that, I'd rather have more free ram than have all my apps "cached". Ok, and that Vista gaming performance is still a little slower, but should be fixed with more driver updates later on.
    A wiseman once said, "If Bible proves the existence of God, then comic books prove the existence of Superheros."

You do realize that vista had about a 10th of the bugs that XP did when it launched right? Vista is probably the most stable, desktop OS from microsoft at launch ever.
    I think so too. I have not run into one major problem, or even a small one yet. I've had one blue screen due to overclocking so its not a fault of Vista. With XP, one has so much troubles (usually) that you don't even count them "its a everyday thing".

But with Vista I have been very pleased since the first time I installed it. Its great and the performance just keeps improving (MS launched two patches today which improved performance according to the description).

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone around you is crying.

Xtreme Addict
    +1 on the Vista doesn't suck bandwagon. Stable, good, I'm satisfied.

Ryan
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Abit IP35 Pro
    Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 3200 w/ Tuniq Tower
    2x2gb A-Data DDR2 800
    AMD/ATi HD 4870

Xtreme Mentor
    no problems for vista for me... My gfx crashes under XP and doesn't under Vista Really weird don't know why but yay... lol
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Banned
    you said probably, and whit that you hit the nail hard.
    cause it's not.

Xtreme Addict
    People like NapalmV5 probably just read what people post online then spread more rumors and crap about it without having ever used it.

I admit, first week I used it, I didn't like the changes, but it's been extremely stable for me. In fact, the one time I BSOD'd, it was because I said I wanted to install the program despite having been given no less than 3 warnings saying that installing this will be a critical problem. So I BSOD'd on boot up but thanks to the built in recovery system, I recovered to the moment before I installed it and all was well again within 20 minutes. Had it been XP, I guarantee I would've had major issues.

Xtreme Cruncher
    No problems here. All my hardware seems to run as well as XP. I'm glad I made the switch to Ultimate 64bit.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobalt View Post
    If you spent 30 seconds doing a little research rather than dismissing vista close-mindedly, you would have found out that UAC takes 1 minute to disable.
    you i tried to find it but it wasnt that easy so i just did something easier: install xp
    we going shh around the corner

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Decami View Post

i hope you don't work for MS and some other company doing sub contract work for MS.

your insinuation that it is better to release a "sub-par product" to hundreds of thousand prospective customers so they can deal with it not only insults me but physically outrages me to no end!

that is the most pathetic business plan that i ever heard about!
    BIOSTAR TPOWER I45 UNOFFICIAL THREAD

BIOSTAR TPOWER BOLT MOD FOR HEATPIPE AND HEATSINK

BIOSTAR TPOWER I45 BIOS FLASHING PROCEDURE

ABIT IP35 PRO HEATPIPE MOD

ABIT IP35 PRO BIOS FLASHING PROCEDURE

IP35 Pro: 9650@4000Mhz, par overclocker; Freezone Elite; 4Gb GSkill DDR-800@DDR-1068 (2 x 2gb); XFX 8800 GTS; Areca 8X PCIe in Raid 0 working at 4x speed; 4-250 Gb (single platter) 7200.10 drives; Giga 3DAurora case with side window.

Xtreme Addict
    lol stable?

Vista is a whole lot more stable than XP, 2000, NT4, or 98/95. Can't blame M$ if the venders are not publishing qualified drivers or Vista softwares.
    Athlon 64 3200+ | ASUS M2A-VM 0202 | Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400 | 3ware 9650SE 4LPML | Seasonic SS-380HB | Antec Solo
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0GHz | ASUS P5WDG2-WS Pro 1001 | Gigabyte 4850HD Silent | G.Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ | Samsung MCCOE64G5MPP-0VA SLC SSD | Seasonic M12 650 | Antec P180
    Core i7-2600K @ 4.3 GHz @ 1.30V | ASUS P8P67 Pro | Sparkle GTX 560 Ti | G.Skill Ripjaw X F3-12800CL8 4x4GB @ 933MHz 9-10-9-24 2T | Crucial C300 128GB | Seasonic X750 Gold | Antec P183

Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    DRAM production lines are simple and extremely cheap in a ultra low profit market.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast