Thread: Xsos 3.0

Xtreme Member

Xsos 3.0

Ok I was woundering ifthis project is going into a beta phase or anything like that soon ? I realy love what NNSTEP is doing.
    FOLD for XS WCG ; or Rodzilla kills a kitten

NREMT-I
    been asking this question for a long time.
    Nothing anymore

YouTube Addict
    XSOS V3.0 has been repeatedly delayed because of technical/political problems that we hope to resolve as quickly as possible but during the mean time we have released our USB OS and we are currently acquiring feedback for the noobOS (unfortunately people don't tend to make long lists of wants/needs/ideas for us to work with)
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Cruncher
    Under your bed. No, seriously, take a look.
    Political reasons?
    "Death is so sure of winning its race against us that she give us all our lifetime as an advantage"

Rig #1 "Core2Quadra"
    Asus P5E
    Intel Core2Quad Q6600
    2x2Gb Corsair Dominator DDR2
    XFX GeForce 285GTX
    XFX GeForce 8800GTX (Physx and Triplehead Support)
    Intel X-25M G2 80Gb
    2xWD Caviar Blue 1Tb each (RAID 0)
    AeroCool 750Horse Power
    Coolermaster Cosmos S case
    Cooling: all internal Dual Water Loop
    CPU Loop: Swiftech MCR Drive + D-Tek Fuzion v2
    GPUs Loop: Swiftech MCR320QP, MCP355, EK-Res, EK FC285GTX, D-Tek Fuzion GPU
    EK & BitsPower fittings & Primochill Pro Black tubing

Xtreme Mentor
    I just want it out

Although nice rumors about DX10 for XP could work as well
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Member
    temped to reformat for v3.0 itself
    would be nice to see only <50mb used by system
    Seti@Home Optimized Apps
    Heat
    Quote Originally Posted by aNoN_ View Post
    pretty low score, why not higher? kingpin gets 40k in 3dmark05 and 33k in 06 and 32k in vantage performance...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesrt2004 View Post
    I just want it out

Although nice rumors about DX10 for XP could work as well
    I don't wish that, as I want a well-worked out OS. Last time someone said that, nn threatened to release it in its' pre-alpha state.

Core i7 920 D0 B-batch (4.1) (Kinda Stable?) | DFI X58 T3eH8 (Fed up with its' issues, may get a new board soon) | Patriot 1600 (9-9-9-24) (for now) | XFX HD 4890 (971/1065) (for now) |
    80GB X25-m G2 | WD 640GB | PCP&C 750 | Dell 2408 LCD | NEC 1970GX LCD | Win7 Pro | CoolerMaster ATCS 840 {Modded to reverse-ATX, WC'ing internal}

CPU Loop: MCP655 > HK 3.0 LT > ST 320 (3x Scythe G's) > ST Res >Pump
    GPU Loop: MCP655 > MCW-60 > PA160 (1x YL D12SH) > ST Res > BIP 220 (2x YL D12SH) >Pump

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Newblar View Post
    temped to reformat for v3.0 itself
    would be nice to see only <50mb used by system
    more often then not, additions such as anti-virus applications and firewalls tend to add more then that much memory usage.
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.

Xtreme Member
    I just wanted to reiterate. That what you guys are doing is nothing less than Fantastic! I'd sure luv to give it a try. But I'm happy to wait.

Best to you NN...
    Still overclocking and water cooling. Old stuff mostly... Still buyin' new stuff for my huge monster case though..(Project on hold til' further notice.or til' I suddenly see a fair increase in income. (Even then the gunshows do tend to grab me!!!) But really no new rig to speak of. Currently C2D E8400 on H2O Giga' p43t W/ decent pair o' ddr3 sticks stuffed in a old aluminium coolermaster preatorian case with a shrouded PA140.3 hangin' out of the side.Needs some bigger fans to keep up with this yuma heat though.. TX850. GTX460.Old yellow 1/2" tygon tubing adds some petina to the dear old thing. (As if it needed any.)Really nuthin' to call home about here at least... LOL..

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step View Post
    more often then not, additions such as anti-virus applications and firewalls tend to add more then that much memory usage.
    Umm... why does it say that nn is banned? Don't think that he did anything bad....
    Maybe he requested it to get a break?

Core i7 920 D0 B-batch (4.1) (Kinda Stable?) | DFI X58 T3eH8 (Fed up with its' issues, may get a new board soon) | Patriot 1600 (9-9-9-24) (for now) | XFX HD 4890 (971/1065) (for now) |
    80GB X25-m G2 | WD 640GB | PCP&C 750 | Dell 2408 LCD | NEC 1970GX LCD | Win7 Pro | CoolerMaster ATCS 840 {Modded to reverse-ATX, WC'ing internal}

CPU Loop: MCP655 > HK 3.0 LT > ST 320 (3x Scythe G's) > ST Res >Pump
    GPU Loop: MCP655 > MCW-60 > PA160 (1x YL D12SH) > ST Res > BIP 220 (2x YL D12SH) >Pump

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCain View Post
    Umm... why does it say that nn is banned? Don't think that he did anything bad....
    Maybe he requested it to get a break?
    No, he was banned for flaming a mod.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    So what does that mean for XSOS?
    Rig 1:
    ASUS P8Z77-V
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.75GHz
    16GB of Team Xtreme DDR-2666 RAM (11-13-13-35-2T)
    Nvidia GTX 670 4GB SLI

Rig 2:
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX
    AMD FX-8350 @ 5.6GHz
    16GB of Mushkin DDR-1866 RAM (8-9-8-26-1T)
    AMD 6950 with 6970 bios flash

Yamakasi Catleap 2B overclocked to 120Hz refresh rate
    Audio-GD FUN DAC unit w/ AD797BRZ opamps
    Sennheiser PC350 headset w/ hero mod

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Well if it was a permaban, then no more xsos.

xtremespeakfreely.com

Semper Fi

Xtreme Addict
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Xtreme Addict
    nn_step will be back though, hope he doesn't have sour grapes with the mods now though .
    FX8350 @ 4.0Ghz | 32GB @ DDR3-1200 4-4-4-12 | Asus 990FXA @ 1400Mhz | AMD HD5870 Eyefinity | XFX750W | 6 x 128GB Sandisk Extreme RAID0 @ Aerca 1882ix with 4GB DRAM
    eXceed TJ07 worklog/build

Xtreme Addict
    nn doesn't have sour grapes... accepting consequences for something that needed to happen is not something out of his reach.

I quote:
    "just let them know, that this will not cause any problems with the Mods and I still have a good relationship with the staff of XS. I accept their decision to enforce the rules and I have no problem with that"
    --nn_step

Ryan
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Abit IP35 Pro
    Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 3200 w/ Tuniq Tower
    2x2gb A-Data DDR2 800
    AMD/ATi HD 4870

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by FghtinIrshNvrDi View Post
    nn doesn't have sour grapes... accepting consequences for something that needed to happen is not something out of his reach.

I quote:
    "just let them know, that this will not cause any problems with the Mods and I still have a good relationship with the staff of XS. I accept their decision to enforce the rules and I have no problem with that"
    --nn_step

Ryan
    I'm glad nn_step doesn't belong to one of those unmature kids altho he acts like one at times. *j/k* XS doesn't feel the same without nn's ironic comments.

As for XSOS 3.0, I really pray for the political issues are sorted out ASAP. I'm dying to try out that OS.
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post
    As for XSOS 3.0, I really pray for the political issues are sorted out ASAP. I'm dying to try out that OS.
    Well, according to nn-step,

Microsoft gave away DX10 to nn-step so he could give it away in his own operating system. They also gave away proprietary source code for their Vista kernel so he could in turn give it away. He's writing a new microkernel OS from scratch that will be able to run DX10 and be binary compatible with programs written for MS OS's.

So yeah....

And mods, before you quietly delete yet another comment on this topic without explanation, it's only repeating exactly what nn-step has claimed about his operating system. So either cut it some slack or please explain after you delete it why we can't even repeat what the guy has previously claimed without it getting nuked.
    Last edited by Speederlander; 09-08-2007 at 07:39 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    Well, according to nn-step,

Microsoft gave away DX10 to nn-step so he could give it away in his own operating system. They also gave away proprietary source code for their Vista kernel so he could in turn give it away. He's writing a new microkernel OS from scratch that will be able to run DX10 and be binary compatible with programs written for MS OS's.

So yeah....

And mods, before you quietly delete yet another comment on this topic without explanation, it's only repeating exactly what nn-step has claimed about his operating system. So either cut it some slack or please explain after you delete it why we can't even repeat what the guy has previously claimed without it getting nuked.
    or you could please stop attacking a Microsoft development project, considering the fact that we are directly responsible for Microsoft's WinFLP development, Microsoft has a significant financial stake in this project. As for why host it here? Because it was my choice how to run it and I like the people here.

But if you would like, you can always fly to New York and talk to our lawyers and view the 16,000+ page legal contract after signing a non-disclosure agreement.

Xtreme Mentor
    or you could please stop attacking a Microsoft development project, considering the fact that we are directly responsible for Microsoft's WinFLP development, Microsoft has a significant financial stake in this project. As for why host it here? Because it was my choice how to run it and I like the people here.

But if you would like, you can always fly to New York and talk to our lawyers and view the 16,000+ page legal contract after signing a non-disclosure agreement.
    How did I attack a Microsoft development project? Please explain. I recounted your previous statements on the issue almost verbatim.

Curiously, what is the name of your group/organization? Who is "we"? If I am going to fly to New York who do I talk to, where do I go? I am in New York almost once every 3 weeks right now for work so I would be more than happy to drop by. I'll even take a vacation day to stay over my standard visit.
    I accept your invitation.
    Last edited by Speederlander; 09-08-2007 at 08:39 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

oh. snaps.
    Amd athlon X2 3800+ @ 2.5ghz
    Corsair Value Select 2GB @ 208mhz 3-3-3-8 1t
    Asus A8N-E
    XFX 7800gt
    1x160gb sata
    17" samsung lcd

OMG....

I just can't believe people are buying all this crap you are saying here for so long.
    I mean, it doesn't take more than few brain cells to see you are purely lying here.

So, nn_step, one-man band has a 'team' of 'hackers', which got right from noone else than Microsoft to use *their* source code and distribute *free* OS. Yes, Microsoft who is paying thousands of people to develop DX10/Vista is just going to give it up, for person who's previous credentials as XSOSv1 and XSOSv2 (aka Windows ripoff) is going to achieve that.

Look, just lay things as they are: You are stripping down Vista installation to remove useless stuff (or most people find useless). In basics, it's Vista, and that's it.
    Bullcrap about microkernel is just that - bullcrap.
    Do you realize how much time it takes to develop a microkernel, or any kernel?
    Etc... I really find it funny that some people belive what you say...

PS: Still no ban on me for commenting on allmight nn_step? Odd....

YouTube Addict
    well Considering that all but one of your posts are about XSOS, It makes me wonder. Ultimately this thread has outlived its purpose

well Considering that all but one of your posts are about XSOS, It makes me wonder. Ultimately this thread has outlived its purpose
    Well, reason is simple: initially I came to XS forums due to XSOS when I read about it, as I was quite intrigued about it (new OS that supports all Windows features, but better, faster, and free? too good to be true?).

However, reading more about it, and seeing what it is I was a bit surprised with many people comments here, and actually support from the site towards illegal software.
    So yes, I still from time to time check here, wondering what's happening with v3, knowing what it is, and what it isn't, and what people comment about it.

I've read all posts regarding it, and besides your comments 'that you have support from Microsoft', there is no evidence at all to support this statements.
    And current work that can be seen (v1 / v2) shows that it is ripoff of Microsoft Windows.
    Alleged 'teaser' pictures about v3 were also pure **** - showing screenshot of gedit in Linux?! C'm on....

As said, all in all.. want to see how it all ends
    Last edited by Nick7; 09-10-2007 at 06:19 AM.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Closed on request.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.