Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Whop : Autocascade

-150c Club Member
    Bending 2nd HX right now.

-150c Club Member
    HX on the left (well either might be HX), nicely spiraled up almost, bit of a trick with the pipe bender when you got 3/16" inside. But I got it!
    Nice and toight!

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Looking hot, can't wait to see this baby in action. Need to setup an "NoL R23" fund

-150c Club Member
    Already there, if I can find butane though (and if anyone reads this and knows where to get a bottle of butane I can setup to an access valve), I'll do some r600/r290/co2 tests.

-150c Club Member
    Another picture;
    Going to put an MDF shroud on the condenser, that will go around the front with fan hole, and a top peice. Hand valve into the top peice, accumulator down the side which will mostly act as a PRESSURE REDUCING tank for the high side during startup and idle. Then will feed via capillary back into suction.
    Out of condenser, up and through one filter, into the first HX, into phase sep, liquid to stainer then capillary, then gas to hx, to strainer to capillary to evap, suction from evap down the very front. Should be nice, neat, compact, and powerfull!
    The suction by the way will go out of compressor, T for a access valve and expansion tank, then into back hx, the hxs arc together, then up to the evap.

-100C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Already there, if I can find butane though (and if anyone reads this and knows where to get a bottle of butane I can setup to an access valve), I'll do some r600/r290/co2 tests.

camping store/ or hardware store, then get that valuve use for r134a cans

those HX's are look nice noob

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Looking pretty nice but I don't think that gas selection will work.
    ill just have to give it a try!

good luck to you too!
    if this is your first night in xtremesystems,
    you have to overclock.

Xtreme Addict
    Nice job with the HX's .

I thought butane would be the easiest gas you could find . When you are driving around don't you ever see stores with big cages full of LPG bottles? There are loads here, and petrol stations do them too.

-150c Club Member
    Ya I know you guys have butane, but not so easy it seems here. Propanes the common burnable gas for camping and other small applications. Natural gases for houses.

I am Xtreme
    I buy 2.1 oz cans of pure butane used to refill cordless solder irons & for cordless nail guns,the butane is used as a fuel for their internal combustion engine.look around Weller cordless solder irons and porter cable & paslode cordless nail guns. I usually buy them a dozen to a box,but you can buy just 1 any were that sell above tools will have them if you just need a little.Lowe's,home depot and tool stores or hardware.

EDIT
    NOOB the cans for the nail guns are only 35grams..............compared to the 60 grams of the weller fuel.I just checked and also the can of weller fuel is aluminium but pretty thick, I got one that had a .99 cent tag on it but it could be 20 years old
    Last edited by wdrzal; 06-15-2007 at 06:47 AM.
    The Laws of Thermodynamics say:

Zeroth Law: "You must play the game."
    First Law: "You can't win."
    Second Law: "You can't break even."
    Third Law: "You can't quit the game."

Do you wanna Play Thermodynamics ???????? I forgot "you must"

-150c Club Member
    Hmmmm, that doesnt sound like anything that I can verify as pure-er. We can get propane so easily, but why not butane. Even isobutane would be okay.

Xtreme Addict
    Hmmmm, that doesnt sound like anything that I can verify as pure-er. We can get propane so easily, but why not butane. Even isobutane would be okay.
    It is not easy to get pure butane, looks like it is always mixed with propane, you can use camping butane (butane propane mix) and use a filter dryer in the middle to retain humidity and the mercapthane.

Admin
    Yes and you could run it through a big filter/drier as you put it into the system
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Member
    Good luck with your build NoL, looking good so far

I suppose you can get butane lighter refill gas and a can tap, and run the butane through a filter while charging.
    Asus P5K, C2D E8400, Ati HD4870, 2x2GB Mushkin PC-8500.

My R290 single-stager

-150c Club Member
    I always charge with a filter, so thats fine. Any one know what sorta applicaiton might have like, 50/50 butane/propane?

Xtreme Addict
    Over here I think it's as simple as; red = propane, blue = butane, green = camping/patio gas (which is propane and butane mix).

Xtreme Mentor
    All lighter refill canisters are Iso-Butane.

As walt said above, Iso-Butan is readily availible. right now for 10 bucks cad I can get a larg thing of it from the local electric store.
    Last edited by Xeon th MG Pony; 06-15-2007 at 10:05 AM.
    Bring back natural selection! No more warning lables!

The one and Only MG Pony

I am Xtreme
    It pure butane, I thought you just wan't to add a little as part of the mix.

Is says weller premium butane fuel. What do I need to tack a picture for you to believe me????

-150c Club Member
    Yes I do walt, just don't know how I would get those, or get the butane out.

Xtreme Addict
    If the tip of the can is wide enough you might be able to push it against the centre part of the access valve... it might work but probably not very effectively. I'd put a towel round it so you don't spill it all over your hands.

-150c Club Member
    Heh or I can basically fill a oil hand pump with butane possibly... Or create a receiver, fill it, then charge from their thru many a filter.
    Going to hardware stores now.

I am Xtreme

Noob it is PURE BUTANE can't you read

12 cans would be over 1-1/2 pounds of butane. It's highly flammable,but burring homes down never bothered you guys.

I'll see over the weekend if I can find a empty can or near empty and see if my piercing tool goes thru and seals.

BTW: Nice work next time make the one coil smaller so it fits inside the other,you'll save on pour foam,Mask off every thing around the foam pour. If you put to much and over flows you have a few minutes to wipe off with acetone or lacquer thinner ,other wise steel putty knife and wire brush.
    Last edited by wdrzal; 06-15-2007 at 12:59 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Newcastle Under Lyme - Staffordshire - UK
    A 1Kg disposeable can of refrigeration r600a (isobutane) is about £15 over here, very cheap.

I don't understand why some people have so much trouble finding refrigerant in the US

If you look through Yellow pages (or whatever it's called for you) there must be dozens of wholesalers within a 50 mile radius of where you live. It's not even like in the US you have to go through costly certification or be crafty about buying refrigerant - after all didn't some 12 year old member here get your 608(?) cerfication online within minites..?

Tom
    Last edited by SoddemFX; 06-15-2007 at 01:36 PM.

Xtreme Member
    The biggest thing, I've found, is that most refrigeration wholesalers in my area are very "boys club", and generally don't like to deal with the public. Also, they can be pretty hard to find in the phonebook. Although I could just be looking under the wrong listings . And yeah, it's Yellow pages over here too.

And Walt, I think NOL read the "butane" part just fine; but he was wondering how to pull it out of the cans.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by SoddemFX View Post
    A 1Kg disposeable can of refrigeration r600a (isobutane) is about £15 over here, very cheap.

I don't understand why some people have so much trouble finding refrigerant in the US

Tom
    you need a EPA cert to buy refrigerants, and most Flammable gases are not refrigerants ,then you need to be 18 years old at least.

Also because of the pressure not all refrigerant suppliers have it as a lot is used in higher latitudes like Alaska.

And gas suppliers have the right to refuse sale to anyone. if they don't know you or they may ask what you want it for ,you better have a good answer. Some suppliers are stricter than others

There is also the problem do you Leese the cylinder or buy your own.
    Last edited by wdrzal; 06-15-2007 at 02:01 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast