Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: [Denny] ATi HD2900XT 9.5" 1GB GDDR4 testing 56k warning

I am Xtreme
    Well from what ATI have said officially, it's definately possible.

however, when it comes to things such as memory timings, these things can be adjusted by driver. Frame buffer tweaks have long been a staple in ATI's long list pf performance tweaks. remember when 256mb cards had no performance boost, and then Catalyst 4.10 came along?

However, based on what ATI has said, there is purposely alot of headroom in these cards. 800mhz seems entirely possible for each card, but thermal limits imposed by the gpu's process are the main thing affecting these cards ATM. This is why I'm eagerly awaiting some decent cooling solutions...

Look at the top guys...getting good clocks by changing cooling, some running only 1.35v into 80nm. ONLY 1.35v...

I am Xtreme
    I hope I am wrong but it appears that more games are requiring more then 512Megs of on board ram. Games like Dirt (ultra settings), Crysis (ultra high settings), Quake 4 (ultra high requires at least 512 Megs), BF2 (the more memory the better) and so on. I am not sure about Alan Wake yet (but it appears that will be a Vista only title). It looks like more memory is needed in order to max out settings for current or soon to be released games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am Xtreme
    DIRT's ok Crossfire, But i understand where you are coming from. Keep in mind that because AA is shader-based, less of that framebuffer gets used for AA, AFAIK...if it's more..well damn, it explains alot...

Xtreme Member
    i'm just curious why ATi is holding back the hd2900xt's true potential. we know that a bios update will greatly increase performance, but why hasn't ati released it?
    AMD 64 3700+ San Diego
    Geil Ultra 1GB PC3200 RAM
    250+640GB
    Sapphire X850XT PE
    SINGLEC0RE4EVER

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post
    DIRT's ok Crossfire, But i understand where you are coming from. Keep in mind that because AA is shader-based, less of that framebuffer gets used for AA, AFAIK...if it's more..well damn, it explains alot...
    Let me link you to the entire thread so you understand what's going on. Here is the link for why you cannot use ultra (shadows in particular) in dirt with a 320 or 512 meg of ram. Source

At 640 Megs of on board ram you can manage 20 FPS. Source

Unless someone with a 8800 GTS 320 shows otherwise...
    Last edited by Eastcoasthandle; 06-16-2007 at 07:34 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am Xtreme
    Um, I have, now, the cloud that follows my car...

But I didn't before.

Before, 1 card was ok, but a bit slow, avg abt 32FPS, so lots of dips lower. enable crossfire, and performance slowed to maybe .5FPS.

I have been installing games and such, and found that now Crossfire works, but I have the cloud that follows my card, and like 70-90FPS.

All settings are maxed in game, 1680x1050.

Now, there were many DX9 updates with the software I installed. I tihnk this may be the reason. Vista was kinda OK with the game until DX9 was updated.

So it's something with this engine, or a DX-specific problem, as it's not just one card that has this issue.

Then again, maybe you are right...so these 1GB cards do hold alot of interest. Maybe the hint of these cards has kept a few people from buying R600 as of late...
    Last edited by cadaveca; 06-16-2007 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nicepun View Post
    Hmmm, you see they are claiming it as the "The World Fastest Graphics Card" ......?????
    That's nothing new nicepun, both companies generally do that if they launch a flagship card.

Quote Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post
    Shader based AA should use roughly the same amount, because it's still has to get sent through the framebuffer to share info across the shaders. It's one of the reasons I'm so curious as to how the 1 gb will perform in games, but no one who has the 1 gb plays games it seems.
    Last edited by DilTech; 06-16-2007 at 10:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DilTech View Post
    but no one who has the 1 gb plays games it seems.
    quite true lol.. i'm still waiting on some results on the card in games

Cards out on ebay

Hey Guys,

Somehow, the cards are out and available in ecommerce.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATI-Exclusive-HD...QQcmdZViewItem

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Maverick View Post
    Hey Guys,

Somehow, the cards are out and available in ecommerce.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATI-Exclusive-HD...QQcmdZViewItem
    great, only $140 more than a standard hd2900xt, and $30 more than the cheapest 8800gtx (after rebate)
    AMD 64 3700+ San Diego
    Geil Ultra 1GB PC3200 RAM
    250+640GB
    Sapphire X850XT PE
    SINGLEC0RE4EVER

1GB Hitting ecommerce

Hi Guys,

The 1GB cards for the DIY market are hitting ecommerce next week (friday)

The GTX and ultras will be in trouble at the price you will see.

MM

Typical etailers in North America & Canada.

MM

HD 2900 XTX 1Gb Board

Pricing..........For all you guys that want this card. Ecommerce partners
    will have these cards at a competitive price of $510.00 - $550.00 USD

Keep your eyes open at:

Newegg
    Mwave
    Zipzoomfly
    Tigerdirect
    NCIX
    Extreme PC
    Memory Express
    Canada Computers

Xtreme Member
    wow 427 euro for a x2900XT with 1gb nice prize
    I love Extreme Overclocking

Xtreme Member
    Germany; Niedersachsen; Schaumburg; Bad Eilsen
    Do you really think that it will be such "cheap" in europe? I think the price will be 1:1 to $
    I know my english isn´t the best ...

my pc
    oVerkill.OC - Technic3D

Xtreme Enthusiast
    For european, i know Overclock.uk have some preorder, i don't how many they got..

I just hope have the money for take one next week..

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane-k View Post
    For european, i know Overclock.uk have some preorder, i don't how many they got..

I just hope have the money for take one next week..

well actely they have 10 in stock
    The whole world's hip and thats not cool !

Rip Van Hippy

Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected ?

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

-------------------------

Xtreme Cruncher
    So the real question at this stage of the game....buy a HD2900XT 1024mb, or wait for the Nvidia G92 (I heard Xmas time?) and possibly an ATI revision and release of an XTX..... Anyone got some input on that?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMinionX View Post
    So the real question at this stage of the game....buy a HD2900XT 1024mb, or wait for the Nvidia G92 (I heard Xmas time?) and possibly an ATI revision and release of an XTX..... Anyone got some input on that?
    well I would wait until it's confirmed that all HD 2900XT 1024 use BC06 ICs instead of the BC09s that were photo'd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

the 2900 will be making a move to 65nm process. not exactly sure of the time frame but i think it was slated for late this year. at that point im sure it be called something different. (2950xt??)
    E6420 @ 3.2gHz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    2GB OCZ DDR2-1066 Platinum
    Powercolor HD 2900XT
    OCZ 700W Gamexstream

Xtreme Cruncher
    I might just be wiser to wait out on an upgrade for another couple months, I mean Ive gone this long on my X1900XTX

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SIOUX View Post
    well actely they have 10 in stock
    I need take care get one before there's no more order possible...lol..

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMinionX View Post
    I might just be wiser to wait out on an upgrade for another couple months, I mean Ive gone this long on my X1900XTX
    I see you guys have a lot of money and can actually buy an high-end graphics card every year =/
    Your XTX handles DX9 quite well, your better off waiting for real DX10 games =)

Quote Originally Posted by trajik78 View Post
    the 2900 will be making a move to 65nm process. not exactly sure of the time frame but i think it was slated for late this year. at that point im sure it be called something different. (2950xt??)
    Where did you see that? I havent seen anything about R650/R680 or any other 65nm shrink, since Fudzilla posted this:
    http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?op...1385&Itemid=34

Xtreme Enthusiast
    actually i see 2 versions of 1go R600.. one using BC06 and one BC09 (the actual).. the R650 (or perhaps 750) will be 0.65nm, this version should be here on last quartet of '07..(normally..) We have no more see infos yet.. But it's sure like AMD is doing test of this at this moment.

I can think we will see a xtx version using the BC06 soon.. or they put them on the card directly like this and it will stay XT.. or they use them on a stock overclocked GPU ( BC06 allow lower latency and higher speed of memory...) We will perhaps see so a XTX version with more core speed and memory.. ( at the place of ATI this is what i will do.. and this come in place with the change of the code of the actual 2900XTX to XT.. for let a place for do a XTX in the series. )

Is someone have see some test / review of the 1Go DDR4 version yet? I have find a bad where the guys have use a old 7.4 driver (8.36 beta for 2900XT 512).. the score look totally not normal.... but at same time i see a good good thing.. the card look like handle really great the increase of resolution and AA... perhaps the amount of memory and the 512/1024 bit controller work better with 1024 Mo

Perhaps the good solution for the strange drop we have from non AA to 4xAA ( then in most games 8x-16xAA don't let drop so much the perf..)
    Last edited by Lane-k; 07-09-2007 at 11:02 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    I found this card wired:
    The high-end next-generation graphics card, PowerColor HD 2900 XT. This 700 million-transistor monster clocks in at 740MHz with 1GB GDDR3 memory at 1650MHz.
    Link to store

I have looked over the internet and couldn't find any 1GB RAM card based on GDDR3. This either is a mistake in spelling or exclusive version for this e-tailer .

Any thoughts?
    RiG1: Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0GHz 1.39V, Asus X370 Prime, G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB 3200MHz CL14 Samsung B-die, TuL Vega 56 Stock, Samsung SS805 100GB SLC SDD (OS Drive) + 512GB Evo 850 SSD (2nd OS Drive) + 3TB Seagate + 1TB Seagate, BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W

RiG2: HTPC AMD A10-7850K APU, 2x8GB Kingstone HyperX 2400C12, AsRock FM2A88M Extreme4+, 128GB SSD + 640GB Samsung 7200, LG Blu-ray Recorder, Thermaltake BACH, Hiper 4M880 880W PSU

SmartPhone Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE
    XBONE paired with 55'' Samsung LED 3D TV

Xtreme Addict
    yeah I was confused about that as well... waas going to purchase it, but not if it's GDDR3
    FX8350 @ 4.0Ghz | 32GB @ DDR3-1200 4-4-4-12 | Asus 990FXA @ 1400Mhz | AMD HD5870 Eyefinity | XFX750W | 6 x 128GB Sandisk Extreme RAID0 @ Aerca 1882ix with 4GB DRAM
    eXceed TJ07 worklog/build

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast