Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EK R600 FC blocks

Slovenian OC Master

EK R600 FC blocks

There will be two versions, a normal one and one for us and picture say more than thousand words so

normal version, fluo red top and normal acryl top

and Xtreme version, acetal - delrin top
    there will be two ways of flow (on same block):
    - parallel for lowest restriction possible, and non GPU side will be little more restrictive, so most of the flow will go on the GPU side.
    - successive for most Xtreme.

If all goes to plan, I will have first test samples in few days, so stay tunned for results.
    Last edited by zbogorgon; 05-31-2007 at 06:59 AM.
    OC-Lab.si!!

Xtreme Member
    The last delrin-block looks so massive, NICE!

Xtreme Addict
    Yes Please!
    FX8350 @ 4.0Ghz | 32GB @ DDR3-1200 4-4-4-12 | Asus 990FXA @ 1400Mhz | AMD HD5870 Eyefinity | XFX750W | 6 x 128GB Sandisk Extreme RAID0 @ Aerca 1882ix with 4GB DRAM
    eXceed TJ07 worklog/build

Xtreme Enthusiast
    waiting to make order
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer

The delrin one looks impressive! I see you widened the channels and made 'hydrofoils'(ala fuzion) to reduce flow restriction. Nice ideas.

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    Quote Originally Posted by zbogorgon View Post

All that just to put some water over a few GDDR3 chips? The level of absurdity is right up there with water cooling your motherboard's power regulators
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post

All that just to put some water over a few GDDR3 chips? The level of absurdity is right up there with water cooling your motherboard's power regulators
    nobody forces anyone to buy a fullcover block over a GPU only block.
    Dito for watercoolin the motherboards power regulators.

its a choice people make cause they want a few degrees less or a lil more bling etc.

btw u own a shop u make money of of those people.
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post

that may be true for ati's current offering but this block may be built around future thermal requirements later in the 29xx series.

Great design. If only they can design something like this for Nvidia. One set of barbs for the gpu only, and anothers et of barbs for flow to everything else. This way there will be the best of both worlds... looks and xtreme performance.

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    Quote Originally Posted by _G_ View Post
    that may be true for ati's current offering but this block may be built around future thermal requirements later in the 29xx series.
    Eventually, they'll be switching to GDDR4 (which should run even cooler, though nn could correct me if I'm wrong there) and, if they bump the onboard memory to 1GB (as Sapphire seems to have planned for the 2900XTX), then this block likely won't be compatible anyway. My point was that adding that whole extra assembly to water cool the memory on the back of the card is pretty ridiculous (and it certainly doesn't future-proof it in any way). You aren't likely to see a substantial performance difference between the two models of the block but there probably will be a substantial price difference.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Xtreme Member
    They look great!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    maybe Ek has a template to future card layout (most likely under nda) and theres no major changes coming up (same number of higher density memory modules) who knows this early this early on but you're right about current memory not needing anything more than a heat spreader.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    the second one is overkill, no one will need it. Even if i had the money, i would never buy it.
    Media PC:[AMD x2 4800][MSI K9N-SLI][2x1gig Corsair DDR2 800][ATI 3650 AIW][Asus Xonar D2X][500gig Samsung SATA][Crap Antec Case and PSU]

Egyptian OverClocker
    the red one will look nice on the red pcb of the card
    Soon to be :
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel SB i7-2600k, G.Skill Rj-X F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH, MSI HD6950 2GB, Corsair 750AX, Intel 80GB G2 SSD, DELL U2410

Used to be: SaFrOuT

Slovenian OC Master
    when overclocking 2900XT, first think you noticed, that with 900MHz on GPU, the card is mem bandwith starved, so you gain a lot for every 10MHz on GDDR and few for every 10Mhz on GPU, so performance wise, there is really no need to focus on GPU cooling except you convinced me that you gain absolutly nothing with watercooling mem

don't forget that Ati Tool will eventually allow quite high voltages and cooling will come in handy.

if you are not fan of FullCover block just buy ordinary one, if you think dual sidded cooling is overkill, buy single sidded. There are lots of things on the market that are pure overpriced overkill, X6800, 8800Ultra, 1200 C4 rams and so on.

I think Xtreme version looks fenomenal and I am just dying to try it.
    OC-Lab.si!!

Xtreme Addict
    when overclocking 2900XT, first think you noticed, that with 900MHz on GPU, the card is mem bandwith starved, so you gain a lot for every 10MHz on GDDR and few for every 10Mhz on GPU, so performance wise, there is really no need to focus on GPU cooling except you convinced me that you gain absolutly nothing with watercooling mem

don't forget that Ati Tool will eventually allow quite high voltages and cooling will come in handy.

if you are not fan of FullCover block just buy ordinary one, if you think dual sidded cooling is overkill, buy single sidded. There are lots of things on the market that are pure overpriced overkill, X6800, 8800Ultra, 1200 C4 rams and so on.

I think Xtreme version looks fenomenal and I am just dying to try it.
    The blocks have the aesthetic appeal, but seriously, you're going to kill like 4 PCI slots with those things. I hope those blocks and future blocks will be slimmer in profile. I can barely fit my X-Fi as is and I've been waiting a while to throw in a Draft N card as well but can't.
    MM Extended U2-UFO CYO (Duality front, Standard back, Horizontal Mobo brace) Anodized Black || eVGA X58 || Intel i7 920 || 6 GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800|| eVGA 295GTX || Asus Xonar Essence STX || VisionTek 650 TV Tuner || 1 300GB WD Velociraptor || 1TB WD's Black Ed. || LG 22X DVD-Writer || Lite-On 20x DVD-Writer || Corsair CMPSU-1000HX PSU

CPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Swiftech GTZ -> Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

GPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> (Koolance VID-NX295 FC block) ->Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

Chipset Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Alphacool Silentstar Dual HD waterblock enclosure -> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 MOSFET-> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 NB -> Thermochill PA120.2 (Pull: 2 Scythe S-Flex G)

2 x Dell 2408FPW LCD || Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 || Logitech G9 Mouse || Logitech G15 LCD Keyboard || Logitech Quickcam Ultravision || Sennheiser Headphones

Slovenian OC Master
    2 slots to be precise, as stock cooling, but I don't ses the point here, there will be slim, 1 slot design too !
    OC-Lab.si!!

nah you won't kill that many PCI slots. I can see this taking up a slot above and slot below the card, but there really isn't a slot above the card (for the topmost PCIe slot anyway).
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    nah you won't kill that many PCI slots. I can see this taking up a slot above and slot below the card, but there really isn't a slot above the card (for the topmost PCIe slot anyway).
    I stand corrected, and revise my estimate to 3 slots: The slot to the bottom of the top most card, and the slots adjacent to the bottom video card for those of us running SLI/Crossfire.
    MM Extended U2-UFO CYO (Duality front, Standard back, Horizontal Mobo brace) Anodized Black || eVGA X58 || Intel i7 920 || 6 GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800|| eVGA 295GTX || Asus Xonar Essence STX || VisionTek 650 TV Tuner || 1 300GB WD Velociraptor || 1TB WD's Black Ed. || LG 22X DVD-Writer || Lite-On 20x DVD-Writer || Corsair CMPSU-1000HX PSU

CPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Swiftech GTZ -> Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

GPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> (Koolance VID-NX295 FC block) ->Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

Chipset Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Alphacool Silentstar Dual HD waterblock enclosure -> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 MOSFET-> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 NB -> Thermochill PA120.2 (Pull: 2 Scythe S-Flex G)

2 x Dell 2408FPW LCD || Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 || Logitech G9 Mouse || Logitech G15 LCD Keyboard || Logitech Quickcam Ultravision || Sennheiser Headphones

Xtreme Addict
    2 slots to be precise, as stock cooling, but I don't ses the point here, there will be slim, 1 slot design too !
    So the back side of the waterblock won't interfere with a PCI card mounted in an adjacent PCI slot?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by IanY View Post
    Great design. If only they can design something like this for Nvidia. One set of barbs for the gpu only, and anothers et of barbs for flow to everything else. This way there will be the best of both worlds... looks and xtreme performance.
    Awww IanY you don't like meh leet idea? :P I guess its not xtreme enough for you.
    Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - Core i5 2410m, 4gb
    waiting on 28nm video cards...

Slovenian OC Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    So the back side of the waterblock won't interfere with a PCI card mounted in an adjacent PCI slot?
    you've got sth better for your CF system, then go for it
    Last edited by zbogorgon; 05-21-2007 at 04:21 PM.
    OC-Lab.si!!

Xtreme Addict
    you've got sth better for your CF system, then go for it
    This isn't for my personal system. As much as I prefer GPU only blocks, I'm not adverse to using FC blocks. In fact I love EK products (even though I love giving you a hard time on occasion ). I build systems for various friends, family, and co workers. I just put in a large order for EK blocks so I'd like some piece of mind: 4 EK FC's for 8800GTX, 2 sets of EK 680i EVGA and 2 sets of EK NF4 1.1 chipset blocks.

One of my coworkers is asking for an R600 build so I'd like to know this information in advance so I can make the best decision for the rest of his components. The eVGA board only has 3 pci slots. If the back protrudes too much that I can't use at least two of the slots, then I'll have to get back to him on either cutting out his WiFi card or his X-Fi card.

Banned
    WOW!!!!!! I like a lot. I'd defo by the Xtreme version, acetal - delerin top. It's a shame that both sides are covered and you can't see in, be pretty cool if he did them in fluo red or clear as well so you can see it flowing.

Any ideas on ETA?

Slovenian OC Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    This isn't for my personal system. As much as I prefer GPU only blocks, I'm not adverse to using FC blocks. In fact I love EK products (even though I love giving you a hard time on occasion ). I build systems for various friends, family, and co workers. I just put in a large order for EK blocks so I'd like some piece of mind: 4 EK FC's for 8800GTX, 2 sets of EK 680i EVGA and 2 sets of EK NF4 1.1 chipset blocks.

One of my coworkers is asking for an R600 build so I'd like to know this information in advance so I can make the best decision for the rest of his components. The eVGA board only has 3 pci slots. If the back protrudes too much that I can't use at least two of the slots, then I'll have to get back to him on either cutting out his WiFi card or his X-Fi card.
    when I get the sample I'll picture everything so you'll have all the info you need, I also have CF config right now. If you need as much slots as you can, you can still use normal, single slot version. Also there will be new much shorter fittings for CF/SLI middle connection.
    OC-Lab.si!!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast