Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mach2 Gt mods

Quote Originally Posted by dr.rafi View Post
    isnot that compressor so loudly?
    Yeah, I'm curious about the specs on that. What model compressor, how many psi after the recharge, etc. I'm almost afraid to ask how many watts that thing'll support- a 3/4HP SS!

-100C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.rafi View Post
    isnot that compressor so loudly?
    surprisingly it isnt that loud, infact quieter than a danfos 3/4hp r134a compressor. there is a small high pitch noise coming from the unit but in no way is it as loud as a rotary compressor

Quote Originally Posted by MAValpha View Post
    Yeah, I'm curious about the specs on that. What model compressor, how many psi after the recharge, etc. I'm almost afraid to ask how many watts that thing'll support- a 3/4HP SS!
    Ill update this post at a later date on model number, but its a R22 aspeara compressor MBP unit, to memory around 18cc. Power isnt an issue in this case and unit will run 24/7 as a office computer. Performance is the only issue and coldest numbers on a Quad core is all that matters

-150c Club Member
    @Kayl,
    I'm not sure of his compressor selection, though I know he uses small (height wise) rotaries now and again, by turning the condenser 90 degrees the fans dont take up anymore room then that wasted on the sides how we put it. He really is quite inengious. I think though if you remove one of the fans his pressures would be incredibly high!

-100C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    @Kayl,
    I'm not sure of his compressor selection, though I know he uses small (height wise) rotaries now and again, by turning the condenser 90 degrees the fans dont take up anymore room then that wasted on the sides how we put it. He really is quite inengious. I think though if you remove one of the fans his pressures would be incredibly high!
    actually now that you mention it, i remeber seeing the fan grills on the side of the case.

For the noobs and others that arnt farmiliar with the mach2 insulation metions though id post some info.
    The mach2 cooler uses no insulation what so ever, they work on an air tight seal to ensure no condensation and the use of heaters.

For the back plate they use a heater element and stick that to the mobo using seal string. i have stuck the insulation flat, but have now been told best to stick it on the side to get additional height and a better seal ill do that when im mounting the quad core

this is the top mount plate, again seal string to ensure an airtight seal

then lastly some seal string on the cpu head and its ready to mount

-100C Club Member
    Unit installed in my new thermaltake case -Soprano. need to mod the case a little so can stick the main window on though

currently unit is charged for quad core, so if left to idle long enough even with an accumulator the compressor frosts a little

-100C Club Member
    E6700 @ 4ghz 1.75vcore

Idle -56c -41c die temps

orthos load for 34mins -45c / 9c die temps

orthos load for 1hr -45c /10c die temp

Wprime 1024m run -49c / -14c die temps

32m SPI -50c / -24c die temps

-100C Club Member
    My new QX6700 arrived the other week, now i can properly load test the mach2, no more guessing on the load tester
    Seems the cpu is 3dmark06 stable at 4288GHZ with 1.65v -46c load, -52c idle (mahc2 read out though )
    best validation so far 4620MHz.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=212820

4.2ghz Wprime 1.55vcore

1Mb SPI 4444G

and this is what it was stable with stock vcore quad prime, didnt bother with quad prime much more as have too much benching to do

3.7ghz stable with 1.35vcore

Last edited by kayl; 07-01-2007 at 06:47 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Great work Kayl !

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Very nice build and great results. I really like the condensers and it seems they preformed well.

-100C Club Member
    recent mod i have been working on, received a broken mach2 Gt, replaced the leaking flex line and cpu head with a kayl revision including i7 mounting
    mach2 sensor reads a little lower than real though, ie according to the mach2 display unit is holding 260w at -40c time to see what it does on the E8500 :thumbup:

Xtreme Member
    One sweet unit there old mate !
    Core 2 Quad Q9650
    Rampage Extreme
    Corsair PC2 1800 4 gig
    Cooler Master 1100w (M/B - Video)
    OCZ 850w Modstreem (everything else)
    2 x Gainward ATI 4870 X2 - 2048MB
    2 x 60 Vertex SSD's (RAID 0) - System
    2 x 120 Vertex SSD's (RAID 0) - Data
    2 x 120 Vertex SSD's (RAID 0) - Backup
    Hailea HC1000 Chiller
    Everything under Chilled Water - 18 Degrees C

http://www.markostnetworking.com/pc_ref.htm

-100C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markost View Post
    One sweet unit there old mate !
    she goes like a rocket
    GIG P45, E8500 and mach2 display shows -58c idle and -53cload with wprime 1024 runs. The colder the unit goes, the more inaccurate the controller reads.
    If I leave it for ages it hits -63c. but at room temp it reads about correct, nice engineering by the manufacture

Last edited by kayl; 11-03-2008 at 06:11 AM.

Admin
    Great job kayl your really getting good at this. Your one of the few that have held an honest reputation in the phase build business.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Member
    My last GT mod:

It was a broken unit, switched condensor and Evap and made the suction line part new. The fan was replaced by a Delta AFB1212SH which was connected to a 12V Power supply (which also heats the Backplate) as the Mach Controller puts out only 6V. To show the Controller a tacho signal, I mounted a small 50mm fan with no other function.

Temps were really nice (all at 26°C ambient temperature):

-51.7°C idle (equals -77°C on the Mach Display)

-34.5°C @ 240W load (equals -56°C on the Mach display)

Pics:

Regards,

Philipp

PS. Please forgive: a) The mess in the workspace and b) hijacking your thread

/dev/zero
    Wow... great mods there, both of you!

And I was thinking, there's noone in Germany doing good phase change...
    Maybe my Mach2 GT needs some modding goodness sometime.

P.S. Any idea where to get me a Lian Li casing for PC unit and top case? Is there anyone still selling those?

P.P.S. Sorry for also hijacking this brilliant thread, kayl.
    Xtremesystems.org
    i7-4820K * ryba 2-stager + 1-stager * EVGA X79 Dark * 32G Team Xtreem 2666C11 * EVGA GTX 680 SC Sig. * Intel G2 80G * Corsair HX1000 * Lian Li PC-70B * Watercool Heatkiller, EK Fullcover/Backplate for GTX, MCP355 Dual Setup@Koolance RP-402X2, PA120.3+Alphacool 360, Tubing 16/10.

Xtreme Member
    There are a few people in Germany

The top case is a LianLi PC-60 and can still be bought...

/dev/zero
    Hehe, good to know. Just been adding you to my contacts. New evap and condenser do indeed excite me much... but I am moving to i7 and getting Lian Li parts - expensive hobby it is, I now remember

BTW. Ordered me a Lian Li mod kit for GT yesterday. Had to google and got lucky. e Powerhouse shop still has it.

But I certainly will have to get my GT modded in 2009. I am really annoyed of missing support - mounting it gets a pain in the a$$. Those evaps of you guys do look much more performing and tempting - seems they could be attached to every actual cpu with ease.

Greetz,
    Stefan.
    Xtremesystems.org
    i7-4820K * ryba 2-stager + 1-stager * EVGA X79 Dark * 32G Team Xtreem 2666C11 * EVGA GTX 680 SC Sig. * Intel G2 80G * Corsair HX1000 * Lian Li PC-70B * Watercool Heatkiller, EK Fullcover/Backplate for GTX, MCP355 Dual Setup@Koolance RP-402X2, PA120.3+Alphacool 360, Tubing 16/10.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kayl View Post
    she goes like a rocket
    GIG P45, E8500 and mach2 display shows -58c idle and -53cload with wprime 1024 runs. The colder the unit goes, the more inaccurate the controller reads.
    If I leave it for ages it hits -63c. but at room temp it reads about correct, nice engineering by the manufacture

kayl........A bit off topic, but have you thought about designing chilled water systems for those who are not absolutely EXTREME ?
    Core 2 Quad Q9650
    Rampage Extreme
    Corsair PC2 1800 4 gig
    Cooler Master 1100w (M/B - Video)
    OCZ 850w Modstreem (everything else)
    2 x Gainward ATI 4870 X2 - 2048MB
    2 x 60 Vertex SSD's (RAID 0) - System
    2 x 120 Vertex SSD's (RAID 0) - Data
    2 x 120 Vertex SSD's (RAID 0) - Backup
    Hailea HC1000 Chiller
    Everything under Chilled Water - 18 Degrees C

http://www.markostnetworking.com/pc_ref.htm

Quote Originally Posted by PhilippF View Post
    There are a few people in Germany

The top case is a LianLi PC-60 and can still be bought...

Any idea how much difference the fan upgrade makes? That is a pretty easy modification and so would be worth doing.

Admin
    Does anyone happen to know if the Mach controller will handle the amps of the new fans I bought (.60A)? The stock fans are .45A I got the new ones sitting here ready to be installed but I dont want to kill the contoller if it wont handle them.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

-100C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markost View Post
    kayl........A bit off topic, but have you thought about designing chilled water systems for those who are not absolutely EXTREME ?
    i always wanted to make a chiller, but yet to find someone that wants to buy one sold many direct die units but not one single water chiller

Quote Originally Posted by randyguthrie View Post
    Any idea how much difference the fan upgrade makes? That is a pretty easy modification and so would be worth doing.
    yes i think its worth it. the last mod i posted all i did was cable tie a slim fan to the front of the condenser and replace the suction line and cpu head with one of my heads. the smaller condensers work quiet well with 1/3hp compressors or smaller with push pull fans, you can also increase the refrigerant charge as a result
    if you use a 1/2hp or bigger would look at using a bigger condenser though as you need to remove more heat.

Quote Originally Posted by runmc View Post
    Does anyone happen to know if the Mach controller will handle the amps of the new fans I bought (.60A)? The stock fans are .45A I got the new ones sitting here ready to be installed but I dont want to kill the controller if it wont handle them.
    i have used dual fans on fan controllers before (currently doing that on the gsmaster controller) not sure what the mach 2 controllers are rated to, but will be doing that on future projects to come (push pull fans on the condenser) got 4 mach2 controllers sitting here just need to design new cases to take them
    doing the maths you will be fine ron

0.45A x 12v =5.4w and 0.6Ax12v= 7.2w so thats only an increase of 1.8w

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12