Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new D-Tek FuZion™ GFX CPU block

Quote Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
    Who cares about the chamber top if it performs well?
    I like the D-tek Fuzion and Fuzion GFX because I think they are worth the money. Their blocks are good performers, and have very low restriction. I like how they actually have a very complicated base, which is difficult to make...seems like you actually get what you pay for...
    Well we have yet to see how this block is...I have faith in it Even though I won't be buying it.
    My point is, why not go straight to the center of the block. You wont need 2 90's to do it either. Just a little bit of creative molding. The mold shouldnt be that hard to make.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxRacer View Post
    My point is, why not go straight to the center of the block. You wont need 2 90's to do it either. Just a little bit of creative molding. The mold shouldnt be that hard to make.
    Oh, that part. Yea... But I think they did it that way, because it "fits" perfectly into the shape of the chamber on the bottom. Maybe it was done for the "wow" factor
    Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - Core i5 2410m, 4gb
    waiting on 28nm video cards...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxRacer View Post
    Maybe someone will mod the top like was done with the original DDC pumps!

Quote Originally Posted by virtualrain View Post
    Maybe someone will mod the top like was done with the original DDC pumps!
    I doubt it.. To do it correctly requires a mold. A CNC COULD do it, but it would be difficult to do the shape I am thinking off.

Quote Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
    Oh, that part. Yea... But I think they did it that way, because it "fits" perfectly into the shape of the chamber on the bottom. Maybe it was done for the "wow" factor
    I'm thinking wow factor too.. No matter how well something performs, it almost always sells alot better if it has some bling.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    The reason for the chambers is for impingement... this is the first GPU block that I've seen (commercial anyway) that is an impingement block. I would not be surprised if this block performs almost as well as a fuzion on a CPU... the inlet jet is smaller on the GPU block I just don't know how I will be able to get this thing on my mobo with the barbs in a horizontal fashion.

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

I see a big trend towards lesser flow restriction. Its a drastic change from a year ago. Its a good thing.

Is D-Tek releasing a heatsink solution for the memory chips?

Xtreme Cruncher
    That's why you need a Horizon nikhsub1! :P Actually, I just ordered a pair of EK blocks from Jab-tech the other day from the stock they just got in. If I didn't hate the idea of running separate heatsinks for ram and mosfets, I probably would've gone with a pair of MCW60s since my motherboard will now be horizontal.
    Main Rig:
    Q6600 G0 @3.7ghz 1.425V - EVGA 680i A1 (Vdroop mod) - 4GB G.Skill HZ DDR2-800 @1000mhz - EVGA 8800 Ultra SLI @710/2460mhz - 2x WD Raptor X 150GB RAID 0 - 2x WD 500GB RAID 1 - 1x WD 320GB eSATA External - SB X-Fi XtremeMusic - Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000W - NEC 16X DVD±RW DL - 2x Dell 2405FPW (Dual monitor w/ SLI!) - ATI Radeon X300 - MM U2-UFO Horizon
    Dual loops:
    D-Tek FuZion (Bowed) - PA120.3 - Dual DDC2+ w/ PT tops - Swiftech MicroRes - Distilled w/ Red UV dye
    2x EK FC8800 - DD680i NB - PA120.2 - Dual DDC2+ w/ PT tops - Swiftech MicroRes - G11 UV
    Temps: 28-29degC idle / 46-48degC load with MX-2! Pics of my build!

Dedicated Cruncher:
    Lapped E6600 @3.6ghz - MSI P35 Platinum - 2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 @933mhz - MSI 8500GT - 320GB WD - Lapped Big Typhoon - Seasonic M12 700W

Xtreme Member
    this may seem cheesy... but i like the thought of this block for the fact that you can see the coolant running through it right on top, I think that gives some fantastic visual possiblities, along with the price...

if it performs well than I think it'll be a good seller

I received the wb today

Xtreme Member
    Those barbs look like they are high up off the card plane. Will they clear the swiftech ram sinks????
    Fold for Xtreme Systems : Help Cure Cancer and Have Fun! (Do something usefull with that pimped out rig you slackers)

My Rig : Intel 975 XBX2 / Qx6700 Quad-Core @3466.86 MHZ
    4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 5-5-5-15 @1.84v
    EVGA 7950GT KO -> BenQ FP241W (woot!)
    PCP&C 750W Silencer - Zalman Reserator II (Modded)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas_The_Man View Post
    Those barbs look like they are high up off the card plane. Will they clear the swiftech ram sinks????

The barbs don't look they will be that high off the card to me.... in fact I'm worried that those are lower than the MCW60.

Xtreme Addict
    I'm running two GFX blocks on two EVGA 8800GTX SLI w/o any OC. It's on a separate loop consisting of a DDC-2 w/ Petra's top revision and a PA120.3 in push/pull with Sharkoon Golfball 2000's in pull, and Coolermaster LED fans in push.

Prelim tests (and by no means am I taking a scientific approach like how others do), my temps are almost exactly the same as my MCW60's.

No performance gain. The MCW60's probably look sexier imo after installing this thing. The cubed look isn't as sleek looking as the MCW60's. I used Swiftech 8800 ram/mosfet heatsink kit and left it attached as I changed the blocks. Since I had already trimmed the heatsinks out front with a dremel, I can't say if they would have cleared uncut. By an eyeball guestimate, I'd say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Chas_The_Man View Post
    i tried with a cutted microcool mosfet sink, but 8mm is still to much and it doesn't fit
    probably the heatsink should be no more than 5/6mm

Thanks for the great pics and the info on the neccessary height of the heatsinks stoner! Good info and nice teaser upon waiting for mine.

Xtreme Addict
    What kind of mold is needed to make the top into what you want Maxx? I've got molding stuff here, and I can do some pretty fun things with polycarbonate (made my own DDC top by casting..)

If I knew what you were thinking, I might could try my hand at it.

Xtreme Addict
    Why the hell cant someone make a block that will clear the ram sinks like the old Silverprop Cyclone Fusion HL shown HERE
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    Why the hell cant someone make a block that will clear the ram sinks like the old Silverprop Cyclone Fusion HL shown HERE
    Because some of us would like to use the next two pci/pci-e slots?

Xtreme Cruncher
    An easier solution: Don't buy MC14 cheap aluminum rules.
    Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - Core i5 2410m, 4gb
    waiting on 28nm video cards...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stoner View Post
    i tried with a cutted microcool mosfet sink, but 8mm is still to much and it doesn't fit
    probably the heatsink should be no more than 5/6mm

Please quote the source for those ram sinks, v'reg sinks and the beefier TPMS IC sink...they look like alu - are they?

Banned
    How long till someone mods te top for a centeral inlet directly...or trys to fit a fuzion cpu on there

Quote Originally Posted by Philly_Boy View Post
    Please quote the source for those ram sinks, v'reg sinks and the beefier TPMS IC sink...they look like alu - are they?
    me too. Please PM me wherever you got those from.

Xtreme Addict
    A caveat to those out there with other PCI cards. The backplate on these things are ridiculously large. The profile makes it next to impossible to get my X-fi sound card into the middle pci slot of my EVGA 680i board. The bottom left most screw of the backplate of my bottom 8800GTX card comes into contact with the black heatsink on my x-fi fatality card. The large capacitor on the x-fi fatality card touches/gets slightly bent by the metallic part of the backplate as well.

Should I be worried about a short if they come into contact?

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    How long till someone mods te top for a centeral inlet directly...or trys to fit a fuzion cpu on there
    What would be the point?

GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly_Boy View Post
    See: www.microcool.it

A caveat to those out there with other PCI cards. The backplate on these things are ridiculously large. The profile makes it next to impossible to get my X-fi sound card into the middle pci slot of my EVGA 680i board. The bottom left most screw of the backplate of my bottom 8800GTX card comes into contact with the black heatsink on my x-fi fatality card. The large capacitor on the x-fi fatality card touches/gets slightly bent by the metallic part of the backplate as well.

Should I be worried about a short if they come into contact?
    Why can't you mount your sound card in a different PCI slot? So far as I know, the X-Fi Fatal1ty doesn't require a x16 PCI slot.
    "Pen and sword in accord"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast