Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Quad Opteron Rev. F3 2218's + Asus L1N64-SLI = ?

Xtreme Mentor
    OMG!! Sweet

s7e9h3n you know how to keep tension in thread

I want more .... PLZ!

RiG1: Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0GHz 1.39V, Asus X370 Prime, G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB 3200MHz CL14 Samsung B-die, TuL Vega 56 Stock, Samsung SS805 100GB SLC SDD (OS Drive) + 512GB Evo 850 SSD (2nd OS Drive) + 3TB Seagate + 1TB Seagate, BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W

RiG2: HTPC AMD A10-7850K APU, 2x8GB Kingstone HyperX 2400C12, AsRock FM2A88M Extreme4+, 128GB SSD + 640GB Samsung 7200, LG Blu-ray Recorder, Thermaltake BACH, Hiper 4M880 880W PSU

SmartPhone Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE
    XBONE paired with 55'' Samsung LED 3D TV

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s7e9h3n
    Haven't yet tried...I've been trying to figure out 64-bit 2k3. But here's an interesting synthetic from Sandra's BW test. NUMA rocks :

17GB/s DDR2 bandwidth

i7 920 batch 3844A509 @ 3600 / TT BigTyphoon VX / ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 / G.SKILL 6gb @ 1600 8-8-8-21 / Sapphire Radeon HD4850 / TT ToughPower 600w / Samsung Spinpoint F1 750gb x2 / WD2500KS x2 / LG DVD-rw x2
    <<<<<CLICK HERE IF YOU NEED REAL-TIME VIDEO CLIPS>>>>>

YouTube Addict
    NUMA owns
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Cruncher
    nice
    Member of XS WCG since 2006-11-25

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    4Gb running 500mhz cl4 at that voltage is just great.
    AMDs integrated memory controller surely is one of the better things they did in the past.
    Now Steven, start overclocking those Opterons
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Xtreme Member

Smile

17GB/s DDR2 bandwidth, NUMA owns...that's right...

i wish asus came out with a lighter motherboard( just 1 680a SLI chipset...) that would rock.......

s7e9h3n when are you going to try vista 64bits?

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoc
    i wish asus came out with a lighter motherboard( just 1 680a SLI chipset...) that would rock.......

s7e9h3n when are you going to try vista 64bits?
    Well, Asus DOES have a lighter mobo, but it's called the 680i and it's intended for Intel only I may try Vista if I can't get anything else working.....

I borked my 2k3 install last night so that'll need to be fixed I'll try to play around with the rig a bit more this week...haven't had too much time lately. ...

Xtreme Member

Cool

Well, Asus DOES have a lighter mobo, but it's called the 680i and it's intended for Intel only I may try Vista if I can't get anything else working...
    lol ...i was refering to a dual opty board, a lighter Asus L1N64-SLI , maybe like a Asus L1N64E-SLI hehehe, just like what they do for intel, that would rock... , i bet a lot of people would buy it...

ecc/reg memory it's not my boat...

Xtreme Addict
    omg i wonder what 1200 gona look like also do you have a copy of vista 64 beta?

nice work, ill overclock mine when i go to sleep
    Amd Nvidia/Ati -3dmark06 scorebord revisted

asus L1N64-ws or /b depending on bios chip
    4x1gig 8500 gkill bpk
    2x opteron 8224 @ 3.8ghz
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=236
    vga= 8800gt
    winxp pro

custom chiller -31 water
    2x dtek fuzions
    bix3-with x3panaflo hi output
    antec 850 quattro

heat under msimax abitmax and dfimax

Xtreme Mentor
    I have a feeling that the CoreTemp program isn't giving the correct values for CPU temps. Instead, I think it's reading off of the motherboard probes located near the mosfets. Cpu temps in bios read ~20C cooler than CoreTemp. I'll see if I can squeeze a couple more benchmarks in tonight - these cpu's are quite amazing @ default vcore.....
    ASUS Bios take their temperatures from a sensor inside the socket and not on the CPU, I see this too on other Asus boards, about 15-20C cooler by BIOS. Download Everest, it reports both CPU and socket temps from the ASUS boards.

jack

Xtreme Member
    I'd love too see DDR3 Numa Benchies.. They will be monsters me thinks.. 22g/s +

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks for proving that opties are just fine on this board. 2210s are more my budget, but that means I can get in on the goodness too...

Xtreme Addict
    hey s7e9h3n you ever tried booting @ 300htt @ any setting? i want to know where the chip set tops out at so i can get the right cpu

thanks
    Amd Nvidia/Ati -3dmark06 scorebord revisted

asus L1N64-ws or /b depending on bios chip
    4x1gig 8500 gkill bpk
    2x opteron 8224 @ 3.8ghz
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=236
    vga= 8800gt
    winxp pro

custom chiller -31 water
    2x dtek fuzions
    bix3-with x3panaflo hi output
    antec 850 quattro

heat under msimax abitmax and dfimax

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by msimax
    hey s7e9h3n you ever tried booting @ 300htt @ any setting? i want to know where the chip set tops out at so i can get the right cpu

thanks
    Nope, haven't played with the setup in awhile, but planning to get back on it shortly. I've got some other pics on the HD of that setup, but this is what I had on file here....This shouldn't be anywhere near the limit of the rig (hopefully)....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thought I might as well go ahead and post this here too. There's a really good guide from AMD for this. Kinda wish I had one!

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...s/30579_hi.pdf

Phenom™
    Haven't had too much time recently to play with this setup, but managed to find some time over the weekend. I had originally planned to investigate just what was making this board run so hot. So I set out and started dismantling the on-board heatsinks and made a shocking (well at least it was to me ) discovery......All the coolers on this board are NOT copper - they're just simply anodized aluminum made to look like copper. You would think that a motherboard which retails for almost $400 would use the best quality materials available but, obviously, this wasn't the case. Needless to say, I began trying to figure out what I could use to replace the stock coolers and gain a few degrees in temps. At first, I considered using some copper tubing and make a water loop which covered the IC's at the top of the board. I decided against that since I really didn't feel like experimenting with this hardware. Instead, I chose to do something which has worked well for me in the past -> make some custom heatsinks using a copper 1u cooler I had lying around. Here's the result of a rush job....I wish the pics turned out better, but I'm stuck having to use a "backup" camera as my main digicam is broken :

Check out the practically useless heatpipe Asus chose to cool the chipsets. It ran so hot, that there were times when I couldn't hold a finger on it for more than a second. What's even more stupid is the fact that the "top" part of the heatpipe (the finned section) is cooling pair of IC's that are identical to another pair on this board.....but that pair doesn't even have ANY cooling on it :

Here's how the board should look before mounting the cpu coolers:

*As you guys probably have noticed, I think I've figured out the Vmem and the Vcore mods to this board, but haven't yet tested them......When/if I boot without anything exploding, I'll be sure to post the info......

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Uh-oh. Maybe he fried something. Hope not!

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by flippin_waffles
    Uh-oh. Maybe he fried something. Hope not!
    Lol...not yet Actually, I've just been taking my time putting everything back together....I wasn't planning on even trying to boot tonight, but who knows?

Xtreme Legend
    Haven't had too much time recently to play with this setup, but managed to find some time over the weekend. I had originally planned to investigate just what was making this board run so hot. So I set out and started dismantling the on-board heatsinks and made a shocking (well at least it was to me ) discovery......All the coolers on this board are NOT copper - they're just simply anodized aluminum made to look like copper.
    hehehe Stephen all these mobos are the same lol.............i can't believe it either...do they think we are that stupid not to notice that...........why freaking die it in copper FFS ,.........that is just deceptive advertising

good to see the changes hopefully they improve things for ya
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Member
    Very nice! It locks like your "rush job...." worked out great! Now boot it up and do some benches!
    AMD
    955BE, 720BE & Athlon II 250
    Gigabyte 790FXT-UD5P F5 Bios
    Crucial Value 2*1Gb D9 JNM
    XFX 4770
    Seventeam 650w

Edit: found answers
    Last edited by SWAT_BigBear; 03-11-2007 at 01:51 AM.
    Cya in the CrossHairs!

ASUS L1N64-SLI WS Dual Socket L, 2x AMD Athlon 64 FX-74, 2x ASUS EN8800GTX/DDR3/768M (SLI),
    2x WD 150GB Raptors 10000rpm-Raid0, 4gig Corsair DDR2@800mhz-PC6400, Dell 30in.
    Enermax Galaxy 1000W, ThermalTake Armour Extreme, Vista Ultimate-64bit OS...

Xtreme Cruncher
    What was the final overclock with this combination ? What was restricting the overclock ?

Yeah, I wanna know too! And did you ever find the voltage mod points on the board, in case they're ever needed?

Hi all,
    I recently bought an L1N64 Board with 2x Athlon 64 FX-74 im using Normal desktop Memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820161183 and a GeForce 8800 GTX, now my quastion:

Would i be able to run an Opteron 2350 or 2344 with just this Memory?

I use this system for Gaming and Homenetertainment so i need a Memory, i would be able to Play at least Crysis with!

Check out this Thread: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ighlight=l1n64

Theres a Bioshack that allows you to run quad Opterons on L1N64. But will it work with unregistred DDR2?

THX i appreciate any help.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It's thought that ECC memory will be needed as of now. Unless Asus/AMD release a new BIOS with support for Opterons, that's the general thought (as far as I know, anyways).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast