Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Evo

Xtreme Addict
    sweet little container u have there vince

EVO-lution is a good thing right guys?
    Here is the final retail Dragon evo unit and kit. Been busting my ass on getting this thing done. Over 4k in r&d and countless hours testing and I couldnt be happier with it. I'm willing to bet anything that this container has the best price/performance ratio and pound for pound is the best performing unit of any unit IN THE WORLD. That was the goal of this project, and I think I have suceeded far beyond what I originally had hoped for. This 2.2 unit sports the largest internal central cylinder of any CPU container I have ever used. The central cylinder is a concept that I have been using in all of my containers since the very first one. It as originally inspired by Chilly's DI tubes with his central block. There are many advantages of the central cylinder design, though one SUCKA' in particular might not think so .
    You get unbelievable temp and load control because of the copper being in the best possible location, right over the heat source. Cant get any closer than directly above the core.
    I will start making runs of multiple units later this week and I should have an army of these badboys very soon . If you think you might be interested in one, let me know so I have a good idea of how many I will need to run.
    I know I havent been quick to respond to all the pm's and emails I've gotten on it, as I have been insanely busy no time for even benching.
    The unit absolutely kicks ass with liquid nitrogen, and with the pressed on aluminum sleeve, it now works great with DI.

Unit + HW kit:

All mounted up:

Internals:

Next to another concept unit I am working on, havent come up for aname for this one yet

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Very nice Vince, check your PM.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Very nice k|ngp|n

Design looks great, keep it up!

Admin
    Your attention not only to detail, but also to practicality is stunning.On XS, all we usually see are the droolific results, but clearly an incredible amount of time and effort has gone into all your work.

Nice to see you sharing your internals, though an acute reader would have had a good idea already.

Xtreme Member
    I like the way heat conducts in that other container. Reminds slightly one of my ln2 containers but that internal design really has its place in solid container:

Propably doesnt that well with dryice though.

Have you done dryice tests with that 2.2 container with and without aluminium pipe? I would imagine it doesnt have much effect on temps if at all.

Really great looking container especially now with that aluminium pipe
    "I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood."

I am Xtreme
    ilkkahy that's a sick base for ln2!

Vince I love the new pot Any chance you could test it with dry ice?
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Ther is just something really nice to look at about worked copper. Excellent inspiration and perspiration there Vince

Regards

Andy
    Last edited by zakelwe; 12-01-2006 at 12:16 AM.

Xtreme Member
    how mach cost i whant a buy please

pm to me

Xtreme Addict
    to give you a clue - it`s +-the same price that good 2x1Gb DDR2 kit costs

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PallMall
    you should pm him,

im pm
    but is dont cell beck i dont know why

Quote Originally Posted by prosk8
    im pm
    but is dont cell beck i dont know why
    pm sent sorry.

The cylinder doesnt look as big as it actually is in these pics. It's nearly as tall as the unit sitting next to it.

Xtreme Member
    Extremly nice. This container is really a rEVOlution in making of containers. But what of making a fusion of this and the new MM container? A low but fat container with a lot of stairs down to the core and have a pole like kingpin in the middle This will give a lot of mass near the core and we will be able to control LN2 like kingpin is talking about.

And I've a question for you. Do you use any kind of program to simulate how the container will work before you test in real life? And do you know of any source, internet or bookform where I can learn about the basic physics arround heat and how it works. Yeah XS is a fine source, but nobody tells you about how it works, they just post pics of their containers.

Anyway congrats with the fine workmanship. I bet you are very glad yourself for getting it finished after many late night working with the design and testing it.

I am Xtreme
    I'm excited to see other people testing these pots

GREAT work !!
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n
    EVO-lution is a good thing right guys?
    Here is the final retail Dragon evo unit and kit. Been busting my ass on getting this thing done. Over 4k in r&d and countless hours testing and I couldnt be happier with it. I'm willing to bet anything that this container has the best price/performance ratio and pound for pound is the best performing unit of any unit IN THE WORLD. That was the goal of this project, and I think I have suceeded far beyond what I originally had hoped for. This 2.2 unit sports the largest internal central cylinder of any CPU container I have ever used. The central cylinder is a concept that I have been using in all of my containers since the very first one. It as originally inspired by Chilly's DI tubes with his central block. There are many advantages of the central cylinder design, though one SUCKA' in particular might not think so .
    You get unbelievable temp and load control because of the copper being in the best possible location, right over the heat source. Cant get any closer than directly above the core.
    I will start making runs of multiple units later this week and I should have an army of these badboys very soon . If you think you might be interested in one, let me know so I have a good idea of how many I will need to run.
    I know I havent been quick to respond to all the pm's and emails I've gotten on it, as I have been insanely busy no time for even benching.
    The unit absolutely kicks ass with liquid nitrogen, and with the pressed on aluminum sleeve, it now works great with DI.

Unit + HW kit:

All mounted up:

Internals:

Next to another concept unit I am working on, havent come up for aname for this one yet

how much does it cost?
    |LC-560T|E8400 Q750A|Asus P5B Deluxe|2x1gb Ballistix Tracer PC6400 4-4-4-12|Gecube Radeon HD4870 512mb|Dimastech 1/4hp SS|

Xtreme Addict
    $2__

-100c Club Member
    They are really nice, Good Work!

Regards
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Work: LittleDevil's SS Cases, LittleDevil's SS Worklog, LD CPU-R1 Dice/LNē Pots, LD GFX-R1 Dice/LNē Pots,
    LittleDevil LD PC-V10, LittleDevil's K-Type Temp Display, |EMAIL: ldphasechange@gmail.com

LD PC-V8 Watercooling Cases:
    LINK

LD PC-V8 ATX/HPTX Watercoolig PC case with 10 expansion slots: LINK NEW!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.ldcooling.com

Find US on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffebord
    Do you use any kind of program to simulate how the container will work before you test in real life? And do you know of any source, internet or bookform where I can learn about the basic physics arround heat and how it works. Yeah XS is a fine source, but nobody tells you about how it works, they just post pics of their containers.

Anyway congrats with the fine workmanship. I bet you are very glad yourself for getting it finished after many late night working with the design and testing it.
    Hey thanx alot for that! Mostly everything I know to this point is from a built up level of experience and repetition. Keep building off of previous advancements. You make a unit and it sucks(I have made my share ), so you go back to the drawing board and really think about what your trying to achieve with the design. Change it (if possible still without needing to do new one from scratch), and retest it. Keep the results objective and true by using THE SAME hardware to test EVERYTHING you ever make. You can't validate whether a new design is better than an old one if you are comparing the numbers using diff cpu's, gpu's, or testing utlilities.
    A good example of this is I tested that other unit with the holes this morning and compared it with the new evo. I used the exact same HW, tests, and condititons for compare (KF, EVGA680i, same ram, same psu, 3dmark06, etc.
    I can say for sure that the units had noticeably diff feels while benching and the results were not the same though close. I know that that statement is valid, because the EXACT same testing parameters were used. That kind of acquired knowledge is "priceless", and can't be read from a book or website IMO.
    I test every diff unit I make not only at max clocks/ ln2 temps, but throughout a whole range of temperature and loads. I have stacks of 5 subject notebooks all over the damn place in my house... with nothing but test and benchmarking data using many diff containers and a whole range of HW from fx57-fx62, 760,780m, conroe, kf, and then all the gpu's
    A container designed to hold a coldbugged cpu at 3700mhz with and moderate voltage, is not necessarily the best container to make a conroe scream at 5300mhz+ and something might look great on paper, but everything needs real world testing at one point or another cuz without that you've got nothing but guesswork.
    The fact that copper is so damn expensive really makes trial and error costly, . Not too mention the ln2 testing at all temps. Almost 1000 litres to test this new evo unit and get it right. I just blew through 30 litres this morning running 06' about a million times on the new prototype unit.. just testing KF with the cards on air in SLI got som nice 5g+ quadcore runs completed. Pretty amazing for such a "small" copper unit.

I am Xtreme
    Almost 1000 litres to test this new evo unit and get it right.
    1000 liters? Holy crap how much do you pay a liter? And the bigger question is how many hours did you spend testing it

Quote Originally Posted by afireinside
    1000 liters? Holy crap how much do you pay a liter? And the bigger question is how many hours did you spend testing it
    50-70 cents.. depending on wheter I pick it up or not. I am pretty tight with both of the nearest gas/liquid supply places within my area.
    Have accounts as both places
    Remember you will ALWAYS lose 2-3% a day boil off even in the best of cryo containers..so you have to take that into account.

I will do some more thorough acetone+ DI testing for you as soon as I get a chance btw dude. The aluminum sleeve def makes the container a "practical" DI container, but it doesn't improve the perfomance. A nice slushy mix works well in this one.

I am Xtreme
    Thanks a ton man, great to see SOME people test their pots before selling them I've always used the slush mix as it performs best. I find that using it in an 8" tube it's very practical since I can't fill the slush past the acetone level or it will clump up, suck the acetone up, and skyrocket temps.

X.I.P.
    WOW!Nice pot vince..it will make the cost less....supreme mind..
    Very nice idea for the big mass on the right place..

You just started a new fashion on the pots..
    When Mercedes brought their C111 to Talledega years ago and blew away the closed course record did it count? Yes..
    That was a "factory" car and a "one of" that no one could buy and was never sold.
    Records are records and that is a fact so get over it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoriLLakoS
    You just started a new fashion on the pots..
    Nah, my friend (R.I.P ) used copper bottom with alu pipe long ago
    - Team Skootterit
    - SuperPi32M : 18m53.156s with FX-57 / LN2 (Ilkkahy's brazed container)
    - SuperPi8M : 3m55.703s with FX-57 / LN2 (Ilkkahy's brazed container)
    - SuperPi1M : 21.484s with FX-57 / LN2 (Ilkkahy's brazed container)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I really like this idea and I would buy it if it was under 250.
    Quote Originally Posted by IYP
    impecible reasoning....the jedi mind skills of the stupid people are overwhelming....but they shall not assimilate me!

Xtreme Legend
    ROFL that's tiny.....nice craftsmanship/idea for sure.

what is the advantage or disadvantage in terms of performance while comparing tall and short post with DICE/LN2 cooling
    Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n
    Pop can for scale rofl:
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast