Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In Need of Volunteers For Product Testing...

Aint No Real Gangster
    I would be more than willing to test.

i still have a maze4 aluminum topped block i could test too to see how well it inhibits corrosion.
    Specs
    Asus 780i Striker II Formula
    Intel E8400 Wolfdale @ 4050Mhz
    2x2GB OCZ Platinum @ 1200Mhz 5-4-3-18
    MSI 5850 1000Mhz/5000Mhz
    Wester Digital Black 2TB
    Antec Quatro 850W

Cooling
    Swiftech Apogee
    Swiftech MCP-600
    HardwareLabes Black Ice Extreme 2

Audio Setup
    X-fi w/AD8066, Clock mod, & polymer caps > PPAV2 > Grado SR60 & Grado SR325i & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro & Beyerdynamic DT990 & AKG K701 & Denon D2000

Xtreme 3D Team
    If you still need more help, I'm in the states and can lend a hand....
    e8400@4Ghz w/Fuzion V2|DFI p35 T2R|4x1Gb Ballistix D9GMH|Sapphire 4870|2x150WD Raptors|LianLI PC-A77|Nec 20WMGX2 x2|SB xfi Titanium

Xtreme Member
    i live near seattle, i dont have water cooling tho, can it be applied to the processor, cooling....

jk....lol, can u make mixtures for the processors

-Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3Ghz
    -Asus P5B Deluxe
    -Leadtek 7900GTX @ 680/1750
    -2-Gb Corsair DDR2 XMS2 800
    -Aspire X-Navigator case
    -RaidMax 630Watt Volcano
    -Tuniq Tower 120 Lapped
    (31 idle, 45 load)
    -Stock used to be
    (43 idle, 56 load)
    what a drop

Aint No Real Gangster
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmetal
    i live near seattle, i dont have water cooling tho, can it be applied to the processor, cooling....

jk....lol, can u make mixtures for the processors

what are you talking about?
    Specs
    Asus 780i Striker II Formula
    Intel E8400 Wolfdale @ 4050Mhz
    2x2GB OCZ Platinum @ 1200Mhz 5-4-3-18
    MSI 5850 1000Mhz/5000Mhz
    Wester Digital Black 2TB
    Antec Quatro 850W

Cooling
    Swiftech Apogee
    Swiftech MCP-600
    HardwareLabes Black Ice Extreme 2

Audio Setup
    X-fi w/AD8066, Clock mod, & polymer caps > PPAV2 > Grado SR60 & Grado SR325i & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro & Beyerdynamic DT990 & AKG K701 & Denon D2000

Xtreme Addict
    It's about time someone came up with an additive solution that really is geared for watercooling and not for cars. Glad to see you taking the lead on this Petra (along with Hound53).

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I just finished a new loop but I could refill it in the name of R/D
    I have all new masterclear but I have some new tygon I could throw in the loop
    as well

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'd be free to test it. I'll probably be buying a DDC-2 and top from you, so you could just put it in the package. You got the EK barbs in, right?

I'll probably be placing the order tomorrow or saturday. Just let me know if you want me to test it.

I just got my order today of a Func mouse pad, smartcoils and arctic silver adhesive. I looked at the box and thought you might have misplaced a case in there, it was so big!
    Last edited by [XC] DragonOrta; 11-02-2006 at 08:46 PM.
    A wolf in wolves clothing.

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    Okay, first off, sorry for not addressing many questions... I've been busy upgrading the store's checkout system this evening (the good news is that PayPal is now integrated into the checkout system and all of the address information and payment stuffs is on a single page). International customers will still have to go through Quoc for the time being, however. Though, I'm gonna start working on setting things up so that Canadian customers can order directly through the site instead of having to e-mail Quoc (no estimated completion date on that yet). If anyone runs into any problems with the upgraded checkout system, please e-mail me. Thanks!

Anyway, back on topic, here's a list of stuff that I came up with that you guys could 'test' for:

- Component temps before & after (Make sure to note idle, load, and ambient temp as well as what coolant you were using previously. Preferably, this should be done without remounting your blocks or changing your loop.)
    - Be sure to make note of the components that you're using (actual hardware and water cooling gear)
    - People with mixed-metal loops: look for signs of corrosion
    - Inspect for algae/microbial/fungal growth
    - Watch for any abnormal coolant evaporation
    - Take note of any tubing or component discoloration
    - Those who are able to, check for change in coolant flowrate
    - Watch for any changes in coolant color
    - More/less/same amount/type of pump noise compared to previous coolant?
    - Note any issues with excessive coolant foaming and/or filling/bleeding problems
    - Thoughts on the mixing process? Should we release a pre-diluted/mixed version? Perhaps a "lite" version that's the same thing sans-glycerine?
    - If you added anything to the coolant (coloring, UV dyes, whatever), what happened? Anything odd?
    - Finally, any other suggestions/observations that you have and results of any other tests that you performed.

@ pissboy: running an electrical conductivity test in microSiemens/cm on the mixed coolant (not the concentrate) would be wonderful--PM me with address info and I can either send you a bottle of the concentrate or a small bottle of the resulting coolant.

@ cadaveca: PM me with shipping info and I'll send some your way

@ nealh: PM me with shipping info and I'll send some your way

@ thunderstruck!: PM me with shipping info and I'll send some your way

@ cronic: PM me with shipping info and I'll send some your way

@ DragonOrta: PM me with shipping info and I'll send some your way. As for that box, well, it was the only one that Quoc could find in the warehouse that that fUnc pad would fit in... lol

@ syne_24: I'll just mix up an extra bottle of it for you when you stop by on Friday... tomorrow is Friday, isn't it? hmm... that was quick.

I'll likely hit up the [H] tomorrow and see if anyone in there would be interested as well (as you can likely tell, I like having a lot of feedback about stuff that I work on).

On the topic of tube clouding, considering that I've had sections of tubing submerged in straight distilled water go cloudy, I'm really not sure if it'll make a difference in that department or not. Interestingly, tubing submerged in a 10% G11 solution doesn't seem to cloud (though, it has only been a few months).

*edit* Also, I forgot to mention a couple things... First, as you may have noticed from the link in the ingredients list, the biocide is currently available for purchase separately (I figured that it would be kinda silly to only include it in the coolant concentrate). Secondly, at the request of Hound53, I've decided that, once we start selling this stuff, we'll be donating $1/bottle of concentrate sold to the local SPCA. Finally, I need to come up with a name for this stuff... all I can come up with right now "PT_Protect". Anyone else have anything better in mind?
    Last edited by Petra; 11-02-2006 at 11:46 PM.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Quote Originally Posted by freecableguy
    damn good lubricant, good choice.
    you have one very interesting job FCG...

Alex. A big thankyou for developing this mix. Moving away from anything glycol based has been an aspiration of mine (for the community as a whole) for some time, but I was unsure how to manage it in a simple way.. I think you have provided the solution to that problem.

Xtreme Member
    I would also be willing to help out with some testing.

I have no aluminum parts but I do have a couple of blocks (storm, mcw6002) and various rads (HCs, MCR, JR120) and a D4 as well as a DDC-2.
    I have Clearflex60 and Masterclear tubing to test for staining and other reactions (the infamous cf60 film)
    I will be obtaining some GPU blocks shortly.

for the name, how about Solution_P or PTS-G coolant?
    btw Alex, you looking for any sort of design work? (graphic)
    Last edited by Senater_Cache; 11-03-2006 at 12:22 AM.

XIP - can sit on his hair
    Looks like we're working on the same thing from opposite ends of the pond Petra... got some of Hounds Continuum goop here that arrived this morning, and have Spectrus en-route to me...

I'll likely hit up the [H] tomorrow and see if anyone in there would be interested as well (as you can likely tell, I like having a lot of feedback about stuff that I work on).
    If you want some quality scientific testing done on it, drop a post on procooling.com and see if there's any takers...

all I can come up with right now "PT_Protect". Anyone else have anything better in mind?
    HoundJuice... Freshly squeezed from the nearest pooch...
    Last edited by Marci; 11-03-2006 at 07:59 AM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Marci
    Might want to add a disclaimer, something to the like of "Disclaimer: No Canines were harmed during the research of this product blah blah blah blah" cause someone might mistread that
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme Member

Obviously you never heard Ron White the redneck comedian do the bit about the bulldog and the trip to the vet

Xtreme Member
    Hey Petra, I'd be glad to test too. PM
    C2Q Q6600@3.6Ghz 1.52v - Asus P5BD WiFi - 6 Gig DDR2 4.4.4.12 - HD4830 - GTS 250 1G - OCZ GameExtreme 600w
    Swiftech Apogee XT, MCW60 MC14, MCW30 - MCP655, MCP350 w/Petra Top - Mcres v2, BP Temp probe- Bonni HC 2x38mm SanAce -

Banned
    pm sent, thanks

lol, I'm not so sure that that name would go over very well... then again...

If you want some quality scientific testing done on it, drop a post on procooling.com and see if there's any takers...
    Yeah, good point... and I do have an account over there, I just don't post much. Perhaps, in the name of gathering more useful information, I'll give that a shot instead of the [H].

Looks like we're working on the same thing from opposite ends of the pond Petra... got some of Hounds Continuum goop here that arrived this morning, and have Spectrus en-route to me...
    It's really not such a bad thing, is it?

As for the Spectrus, well, after researching it a bit and heeding Hound's warning, I decided that a sequestered copper solution would be a safer, less expensive, and equally as effective substitute, for our purposes. After all, it works great in aquariums (how do you think I tested the PT_Nuke...? ) and is even used in the city water around here (according to my copper test kit).

Xtreme Member
    Petra did you try various concentrations of glycerol to come to the 5% mark i.e. was that concentration decided upon due to testing results?

Xtreme Member
    Sign me up!

I'll be making an order from Petras shortly so if you want to include me feel free to throw some in!

Xtreme Mentor
    yeah, i have an order with u right now. feel free too throw in some!
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Not to be outdone by rival ATi, nVidia's going to offer its own drivers on EA Download Manager.
    X2 555 @ B55 @ 4050 1.4v, NB @ 2700 1.35v Fuzion V1
    Gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h v2.1
    HD6950 2GB swiftech MCW60 @ 1000mhz, 1.168v 1515mhz memory
    Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 cas 9 @ 1800 8.9.8.27.41 1T 110ns 1.605v
    C300 64GB, 2X Seagate barracuda green LP 2TB, Essence STX, Zalman ZM750-HP
    DDC 3.2/petras, PA120.3 ek-res400, Stackers STC-01,
    Dell U2412m, G110, G9x, Razer Scarab

Quote Originally Posted by Petra
    ... Yeah, good point... and I do have an account over there, I just don't post much. Perhaps, in the name of gathering more useful information, I'll give that a shot instead of the [H]. ...
    Since I usually hang at ProCooling anyways...

I'd be more than happy to put this coolant mixture through the wringer.

I've got chillers, pumps, flowmeters, and uncommonly accurate thermometers.

Send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2k
    Since I usually hang at ProCooling anyways...

I'd be more than happy to put this coolant mixture through the wringer.

I've got chillers, pumps, flowmeters, and uncommonly accurate thermometers.

Send me a PM.
    YGPM

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ill give it a shot as well. My all copper line has been running with the swiftech stuff for a year now and im anxious to see what the damage to my polarflo is.

IN any case. IF you need another tester lmk. Ill volunteer my rig. If you wana check out the rig its in my signature.
    My pc: |||Abit AL8-V||| P4 631@4.6ghz||| 4x512 PDP pc2-4200@4-4-4-12 2.0v|||1x250gb WD 16mb sata||| 6600gt 500/1000@ 610/1240||| TDK dvd burner||| watercooled cpu and gpu and custom moded case.

Project Hard Lined

Xtreme Enthusiast
    id definatly like to help with this, but where can i buy GE Continuum AT901 ?

Xtreme Member
    Name: Petras Coolant Additive or (PCA) Or Petras PC Coolant Additive.
    • CoolerMaster Stacker Case - Silver (STC-T01-UW)
    • DFI LanParty UT CFX3200 (BIOS 2006/07/28)
    • Opteron 185 @ 3.015GHz (1.425v's)
    • OCZ 1GB (2x512) PC3200 EL Dual Channel Platinum
    • Creative Audigy2 ZS Platinum
    • One Seagate 250GB Barracuda 7200.9 3GB SATA
    • Two SATA WD800JD's RAID 0 Array
    • OCZ 700watt GameXStream
    • Sapphire X1900 Crossfire Master Card
    • Sapphire X1900XTX
    • PolarFloTT(Laing) D-4 (in front of a...)
    • DDC-Rev.2 w\Petras' Top
    • Storm Rev.2 & DD Maze 4's w\OCZ Ram Sinks
    • Quad 120.4 Radiator\Heater Core 10"x10"x3" w\ four 120mm Panaflos

I am willing to be a cooling loop guinea pig, and would be willing to pay for a sample to try out. I think something is growing in my loop...
    MY ANTIQUE

A64 3400, K8N-E Deluxe
    X800XT AIW, X-FI Extreme Music
    2X512 Ballistix DDR500, GameXstream 700
    PA120.3, TDX, Maze4, MCP355w/Alphacool Top, StackerT01 with Lots of YateLoons

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast