Thread: Need help With how to bypass Sonicwall(serious issue, not school realted either)

Need help With how to bypass Sonicwall(serious issue, not school realted either)

Hello,

Well over the course of the past couple of days my internet life has gone to hell. My dad purchased the sonicwall( the whole box to act as a firewall and internet blocker. Once he did this i was not ablot to go onto any forums including this one, im using my friends comp now.

My computer at home is wirelessly connected to the router. Keep in mind that im a 19 year old college student who lives at home. My dad decided to block almost everything including chat rooms, xtremesystems, myspace etc... lol even dailytech is blocked. Ive tryed every thing i can, i have gone onto google and read about proxys etc... but sonic wall is a to get around. It blocks anything with the word proxy in it, and i have to go through google, then click on cached just to se like some parts of the site. Is there ANY way i can bypass/go around this SonicWall bull.

Keep in mind i use Firefox. I have tryed to use outside ip adresses and it just dont work.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATEFUL.

If anyone knows any tricks to get around this plz help, i have spent hours on google, and the only thing i found that worked was to maunually put in the IP adress of the website and go through that, but once you click on something in the front page sonicwall brings it down.

PLZ HELP

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Have you tried talking to your dad?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Login to the Sonic Wall and add your computers IP to the un-filtered list or however it decides which pc's are filtered.

Sorry.. busy at work, easiest thing i can think off.
    Donate to XtremeSystems!

Workstation: Intel Core i7 4770, Asus Maximus VI Gene, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1866, eVGA SC GTX Titan, 256GB Crucial M4, Corsair HX850, Corsair H100i. Corsair Carbide 350D
    Fileserver: 2x AMD Opteron 2425HE, Supermicro H8DME-2, 24GB DDR2-667, Supermicro 846TQ 24bay Chassis, Redundant 920w, 256 Crucial M4 boot, 20TB Storage
    Notebook Asus Zenbook UX32VD-DH71, Intel Core i7 3517u, 10GB DDR3-1600, 256GB Crucial M4, Geforce GT 620M

ya ive tried talking to him, no use.

andi cant login to sonic wall because it is not my account, i have no password.

Xtreme Member
    Did he block these sites for only your PC or all PC's behind the wall?

If he did it only to your MAC, simply change your MAC and see if the wall thinks you are someone else.

Another option would be to hard reset the Sonicwall so it returns to the default password and set it up yourself. I'm sure your dad would figure this one out in a days time though.

Yet another option would be to use wireless from a nearby house. No, i'm not talking about stealing, get a friend to setup an AP for this purpose.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Well sounds like your SoL. Sorry.. the only other thing i could think of is, to physically reset the sonic wall. (on the sonic wall itself, button to reset to factory defaults)
    Donate to XtremeSystems!

Workstation: Intel Core i7 4770, Asus Maximus VI Gene, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1866, eVGA SC GTX Titan, 256GB Crucial M4, Corsair HX850, Corsair H100i. Corsair Carbide 350D
    Fileserver: 2x AMD Opteron 2425HE, Supermicro H8DME-2, 24GB DDR2-667, Supermicro 846TQ 24bay Chassis, Redundant 920w, 256 Crucial M4 boot, 20TB Storage
    Notebook Asus Zenbook UX32VD-DH71, Intel Core i7 3517u, 10GB DDR3-1600, 256GB Crucial M4, Geforce GT 620M

what is this MAC you speek of?

could you show me how to reset it?

I think this is for all the PC's in the house tho.

Xtreme Cruncher
    MAC address is Media Access Control, unique identifier for networking equipment.

Every networking device has its own specific MAC address. No two devices have the same mac address.

You can't "reset" it per se, the only thing you can do is clone your PC's MAC address to a different one. (or switch the NIC your using to a different one).

To see your MAC address, goto start->run and type in "cmd" then hit ok. Once that comes up, type in "ipconfig /all". Look where it says "physical address", that is the MAC address.

Althou I don't know for sure how the Sonic Wall filters this stuff, it could use IP Address, in which case this wouldn't work.
    Donate to XtremeSystems!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musshy mushkin
    what is this MAC you speek of?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address

could you show me how to reset it?
    What NIC do you have? If the NIC driver allows you to change it, that would be the easiest. There are other ways.

I think this is for all the PC's in the house tho.
    Test this. If you are correct, changing your MAC will do nothing.

Unless your dad has setup an exception to the rule for his PC. You could clone his MAC and power his PC off when he is not present. Then the router would think you are his PC.

i see... ill try this stuff out and get back to you later.

Thx

Get a part-time job on-campus and pay for your own Internet connection.

If that's not an option, check if your school has VPN access (many do for the purpose of allowing students off-campus to access electronic library resources). You can connect to the school VPN and use their Internet connection (it depends on the VPN setup, though). You could also ask a friend to setup a VPN on their home network and let you connect. This will bypass all Sonicwall filtering.