Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yes you read it right...Another Tj07 build

Xtreme Guru
    dam thats alot of parts you ordered, loving the T res gotta get myself one of those! Quick question though are your monitors 3dtv? Dont u need 120+ hertz monitors for 3d vision?

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    @johnny....lcds are 3d....yes you need 120Hz 3d LCD for 3d viewing. obviously you need a nvidia 3d vision kit with it as well.

Xtreme Member
    ok back on the build after a long break. things have moved forward now, case mod is complete and leak testing has begun today. Lets get the pics rolling in first

Final look. not in working condition right now

Close up

How it looks from the back

Leak testing begins

UV Shot

Top down view of gpu under UV

Without UV

Motherboard illuminated

Dark Shot

ok so im gonna keep this puppy under leak test for around 24 hours. proper photoshoot is due and will do it once leak testing completes. So far its been around 12 hours and no leaks so im hoping that i wont see any leaks in the next 12 either. thanks for watching

Looks awesome , i love it

Xtreme Member
    Sry for stupid question but do you have work log how did u make inverted atx. Thanks

Xtreme Addict
    Paint the fins on the Dominators? That would put the polish on an already sweet build!
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeyo View Post
    Sry for stupid question but do you have work log how did u make inverted atx. Thanks
    ummm actually a friend helped me do it. but he had to build the top rail himself to accomodate the gap that was generated when inverting the tray.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottALot View Post
    Paint the fins on the Dominators? That would put the polish on an already sweet build!
    painting on the fins were not recommended by a lot of people cuz they said that heat dissipation would be affected. instead i plan to paint the fan that comes with dominators, that would hide the red colour

Xtreme Member
    The red paint on the dominator GT fins is painted that way by Corsair. Changing the color will have no affect. Same with the blue ones.

Black Dominator fins are anodized.

Same goes for the extended ones Corsair sells.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by xxh1tm4nxx View Post
    painting on the fins were not recommended by a lot of people cuz they said that heat dissipation would be affected. instead i plan to paint the fan that comes with dominators, that would hide the red colour
    DOO ETTT ;D
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnoen View Post
    The red paint on the dominator GT fins is painted that way by Corsair. Changing the color will have no affect. Same with the blue ones.

Black Dominator fins are anodized.

Same goes for the extended ones Corsair sells.
    hmmm..i thought that the red and blue paint was anodized too. i dont have any option to anodize so thts why was a bit worried.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottALot View Post
    DOO ETTT ;D
    reallyyyyyy considering it now...painting the fins. lets see

Xtreme Member
    ok been working on this build till late night and got everything set up. But didnt have time to switch the pc on cuz i had to clean the room as well. Time for some pics

T-res

GELID in motion

ooooooooooooooooooooo the mess

Bitspower GPU link Connector. Not really sure if i shouldve used this or the disconnect fitting

Southbridge cooling

Whats missing in this picture:p

Some UV shots for UV lovers

Tried with cathode

Now the front....which i didnt show since a long long long time.

Behind the scene

Murder mod

All set

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ...five ram sticks?
    Corsair Obsidian 650D - EVGA P67 FTW - Samsung F3 1Tb - 8Gb A-Data cheapest crap DDR3 - Intel Core i5 2500K w/ Corsair H50 - EVGA GTX 295 co-op - Corsair AX650

Xtreme Member
    i actually had 6.....one got broken:p now only gonna be using 3. i just installed em for the hell of it:p

Xtreme Addict
    I really like the white and blue contrast. It must have been a real challenge to get everything to fit that color scheme as almost nothing is made in white. I like the placement of the SSDs too, I've thought about placing them there myself, nice use of space.

Xtreme Member
    thanks aqua. well yea it was a challenge....specially when it came to watercooling. nothing that i know of or have gets made in white.....a friend of mine helped out by painting almost every single thing...from case to fittings to cpu block even.

Regarding SSD's i wouldve preferred placing them on the outside of the 5.25 bay....but the power connector was too thick so it wasnt plugging in.....thats why they had to go up there

Xtreme Member
    I wish I could see it in real life, like these painted BP fittings, it is very hard to get really decent effect. Same with all aluminium parts, entire case. Sure it can look nice on pictures, fit the design, but it is always painted/powder coated not dyed metal (like black aluminium for example). Still pretty impressive work.

Xtreme Member
    aerial, the fittings dont have a very good finish on them ill be honest with you. thats why i didnt take any close up pictures of it. perks of living in a third world country, there isnt any powder coat option here either. industries who do powder coat do not cater to small requests like painting a case.

The finish on the case is flawless though.....but then again spray paint has its own disadvantages, like being chipped off and stuff.

Xtreme Member
    Awesome mod!

Looks like a miniature of a Kubrick movie set
    | Completed: Project "Simples" | Custom TJ07 | P67A-UD3 | 2600K | GTX460 | MCR320+MCR220 | DDC 18W+XSPC Res |
    | In progress: Project "Weebeastie" | A70B | P6T7 WS | i7-970 | 4xGTX470 | PA120.3+RX240+TFC120 | XSPC Dual-Pump-BayRes |
    | In progress: Project "Gemini" | PC-P80B | EVGA SR-2 | 2xX5650 | 7100GS | PA140.3 | EK DCP-4.0 |

Xtreme Cruncher
    I'm very impressed. What a lot of details. From start to finish I can tell you had/have a strong vision of what you want and follow through to the nth degree. Bold and understated at the same time...hard to pull that one off, but you did it. Congrats
    20 Logs on the fire for WCG: i7 920@2.8 X3220@3.0 X3220@2.4 E8400@4.05 E6600@2.4

Xtreme Member
    thanks cyber

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123