Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swiftech MCRES Micro Rev2 and Fill-ports are Here

Mr Swiftech

Swiftech MCRES Micro Rev2 and Fill-ports are Here

Introducing the highly anticipated Revision 2 of the MCRES Micro reservoir. The MCRES Micro revision 2 features a host of improvements and companion fittings such as an all-new fill-port that considerably enhance the versatility of this product. head over to our site to learn more. http://www.swiftech.com/products/MCRES-micro-Rev2.asp

cheers to all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MCRES-MICRO-R2.jpg 
Views:	1294 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	87580   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	remote-fill-ports.gif 
Views:	1309 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	87581  
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ooo, nice job, two additional ports are EXACTLY what was needed

Xtreme Member
    Nice! Looks Great and very very Functional! (Maybe one for Temp Probe and one for a Drain)

thanks Gabe!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRedRaider View Post
    Wasn't there a threadstarted before this one Gabe???
    Yeah, I posted in that thread, I feel really confused now.
    Major deja vu...

Edit: Here... WTF...
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=205750
    Last edited by BreeSpree; 10-24-2008 at 07:25 PM.
    Current Computer| Modified SwordM | EVGA 680i A1 | 3x EVGA 8800GTX | Q6600 @ stock | 4 gigs Corsair Dominators 1066 | WD Caviar 1TB 7200rpm | Liquid by D-Tek and Ek
    Friends don't let ANYONE use Thermaltake
    Conspiracy Theorists FTW
    Join Us http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...php?groupid=25

My 680i A1 is not responding... WTF

Hamster Powered
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Introducing the highly anticipated Revision 2 of the MCRES Micro reservoir. The MCRES Micro revision 2 features a host of improvements and companion fittings such as an all-new fill-port that considerably enhance the versatility of this product. head over to our site to learn more. http://www.swiftech.com/products/MCRES-micro-Rev2.asp

cheers to all.
    When will your vendors have these in stock?
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Xtreme Addict
    Great idea. Options are great, I can never complain about too many options.

Banned
    Cool. I like extra included fittings.

Damn nice... now to wait for vendors to get stock!

I am Xtreme
    Looking good. Just a word of warning to everyone though...avoid the black fillport....seems someone didn't learn their lesson.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I placed an order today for all of the new parts except the back fillport. Swiftech stock usually takes about 1-1.5 weeks to arrive.

Just an FYI for those up in Canada
    Please note: I am not here to provide any kind of official NCIX support on these forums.

For faster (and official) service please contact me at Linus@ncix.com, or please contact our customer care team at wvvw.NCIX.com (Canada) or wvvw.NCIXUS.com (America)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linus@ncix View Post
    I placed an order today for all of the new parts except the back fillport. Swiftech stock usually takes about 1-1.5 weeks to arrive.

Just an FYI for those up in Canada
    Well jump in the car and drive over and get them!
    I can see you now on the way back hitting Canadian customs with 1600 micro res all over the car..
    "Yes Mr. Customs agent, they are gifts for my friends"
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Looking good. Just a word of warning to everyone though...avoid the black fillport....seems someone didn't learn their lesson.
    Thanks for the heads up.... I only just noticed.

And for the benefit of others....

From Swiftech's site:

1/2" Remote fill-port fitting: this type of panel mount fitting allows users to fill-up or refill their system from outside of the PC, or can alternatively be used as a drain; the fitting connects with 1/2" tubing to either the MCRES Micro Fill-port barb fitting (described above) or to a T-Line. Two models are available, black anodized aluminum body, or high polish chrome plated brass body. The high-polish chrome plated brass plug conveniently protrudes from the flange of the fitting for frequent access, and can be fastened either with a flat screw driver or a 5/8 socket. A standard 5/8" bimetal hole saw is all it takes to drill the panel and install the fitting.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAqua View Post
    Great idea. Options are great, I can never complain about too many options.
    +1

Xtreme Enthusiast
    On the fill/drain ports, is the barb fixed i.e. no G1/4 threading to replace with my own fitting of choice?

Too bad they're 5/8" as by now most people including myself have drilled 1" holes for DD-delrin or BP fillports, and cannot use these as drop-in replacements.

And too bad about the aluminum. But as a fillport that shouldn't matter too much.

Nice to see new products Gabe, thanks

Xtreme Mentor
    Looks great Gabe. Now can you answer the questions in the MCW60 add on thread please.
    Thank you.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Xtreme Gamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    The fillport doesn't need to be in normal contact with the coolant, so I wouldn't think the anodized aluminum would be a problem.
    Windows 7 Ultimate/4790K/Asus Z97--Deluxe/2x8Gb gskill 2133C9 ram
    Ultra 120 Extreme cooling/evga Titan SC video/Asus VG248QE monitor/SB XFi-Ti sound

I am Xtreme
    You guys are forgetting about water vapor and condensation within the loop. This problem has been reported in the past over @ DD forums with their older aluminum fillports.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    Not to mention that its a PITA to clean if you are running dye enhanced coolant.

I too would like to know if the fill port is G 1/4" so I could extend a fillport to the top of my case.

Xtreme Addict
    Looks like some good improvements! Will this version be as prone to fracture as the previous one Gabe? I stopped using my MCRES after it developed fractures around the fittings and on the laminated seams although it never leaked it made me nervous.

Hamster Powered
    Quote Originally Posted by hellcamino View Post
    Looks like some good improvements! Will this version be as prone to fracture as the previous one Gabe? I stopped using my MCRES after it developed fractures around the fittings and on the laminated seams although it never leaked it made me nervous.
    The newer rev1 models are beefier than the early ones. I have three Micro-Res, one old style and two newer rev1 versions. You can really tell the difference between the two. G1/4 would have made the new res perfect but we are getting closer.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Xtreme Addict
    I like these changes. The only thing about using the bottom port as a drain is that you cannot fully drain the res due to the shape of the base.

Another thing about the MCRES's is that they are very hard to clean if you (Like me) get the white powder in your loop after a while. Not sure how the design could be changed to make it easier to clean mind.

Just a couple of ideas for you.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yngndrw View Post
    I like these changes. The only thing about using the bottom port as a drain is that you cannot fully drain the res due to the shape of the base.
    Yes! There will always be a residual amount of fluid at the bottom of the reservoir due to the shape, so you cannot fully drain it. Don't think they could change any design aspect in order to address this though.

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    The newer rev1 models are beefier than the early ones. I have three Micro-Res, one old style and two newer rev1 versions. You can really tell the difference between the two. G1/4 would have made the new res perfect but we are getting closer.
    The ports are 1/4" BSPP (G1/4) compatible.
    CEO Swiftech

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by hellcamino View Post
    I responded to this in another thread. It was a bad batch of material, a hidden defect in the manufacturing process impossible to detect in manufacturing/QC. It appears that this must have been a limited quantity (although we have absoultely no way to tell how many were affected), as we have not been getting any RMA's in the past few weeks (meaning.. we had a surge, then it went away..)
    Last edited by gabe; 10-25-2008 at 12:58 PM.
    CEO Swiftech

I am Xtreme
    hey gabe

mcr420 please...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast