Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swiftech GTZ w 1366 Adapter on my Gigabyte EX58-Extreme w a i7 920 at 200x20 w HT On

Xtreme Enthusiast

Smile Swiftech GTZ w 1366 Adapter on my Gigabyte EX58-Extreme w a i7 920 at 200x20 w HT On

Well first of all I thank you Gabe for the 1366 adapter.

I attached the GTZ w 1/2' barbs to my Gigabyte EX58-Extreme with a i7 920 OC'd to 200 x 20. I left HT and Turbo Enabled. The GTZ performed 8-10C cooler than what the Temps were with a TRUE installed with a 3000 rpm 38mm 120mm fan on it.

Here are some pics and some screen shot images.

In conclusion the GTZ with the 1366 adapter performs a stellar job at cooling a massively Overclocked i7 920.

Xtreme Addict
    Very Nice! Makes me realize that my decision to go with water cooling before I evcer started my build was a good decision. This thing loves efficient cooling. Water was made for it.

Xtreme Addict
    nice 0c there m8!

Xtreme Member
    WOW great temps, I have the same cpu and got 200x18 with prime95 70C temps.120 ultra.

I got the same GTZ block and it will be here monday.

What Rad do you have?

ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 920 cpu | Corsair Tri Channel 6 GB | GTX 580 FTW Hydro | Corsair P256 SSD| 4 TB OF HDD | Corsair HX1000 PSU
    Loop #1: TFC 480 | KOOLANCE 350 BLOCK | Loop #2: TFC 360 | FTW HYDRO | Swiftech NB Block | MM Pinnacle 24 Case

HEAT

Current on going build, Mountain Mods Pinnacle 24

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensek View Post
    Well first of all I thank you Gabe for the 1366 adapter.

I attached the GTZ w 1/2' barbs to my Gigabyte EX58-Extreme with a i7 920 OC'd to 200 x 20. I left HT and Turbo Enabled. The GTZ performed 8-10C cooler than what the Temps were with a TRUE installed with a 3000 rpm 38mm 120mm fan on it.In conclusion the GTZ with the 1366 adapter performs a stellar job at cooling a massively Overclocked i7 920.
    Excellent!
    10C lower temp than your air cooler should -in theory- yield a ~2% increase in overclock (at same voltage than air - this is industry rule of thumb 2% frequency increase for every 10C lower). Can you verify?
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The Rad is a Thermochill Pa 120.3 Triple 120MM. The fans are 120x120x38 2750rpm ones.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Excellent!
    10C lower temp than your air cooler should -in theory- yield a ~2% increase in overclock (at same voltage than air - this industry rule of thumb 2% frequency increase for every 10C lower). Can you verify?
    + longer life! but of course, us overclockers never keep chips for more than a year right?

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogerlad View Post
    + longer life! but of course, us overclockers never keep chips for more than a year right?
    no, it's either or. rule states:

10C lower = either ~+2% frequency increase, OR x2 life at same freq. same volt (if my memory serves me right)
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Excellent!
    10C lower temp than your air cooler should -in theory- yield a ~2% increase in overclock (at same voltage than air - this is industry rule of thumb 2% frequency increase for every 10C lower). Can you verify?

Gabe, my results with the TRUE I did last week. And I can't seem to find my screen shots showing the temps. If I had them I was going to incorporate them into this review.

But the GTZ definately runs the i7 considerably cooler under both idle and load than a TRUE.

Xtreme Addict
    I like to see the difference from box stock cooler to this setup. Man, the temp Delta would be HUGE! Those stock coolers are okay for people who keep them at or neat stock speeds, but they are horribly ineficient for OC'ing. That true may have had some issues too though. They showed one where the base was so concave that a guy wore right through the Cu trying to get the concavity out of it. It was really bad.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    My True i bought from CrazyPC lapped. They charge $15 to lap it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Flight View Post
    I like to see the difference from box stock cooler to this setup. Man, the temp Delta would be HUGE! Those stock coolers are okay for people who keep them at or neat stock speeds, but they are horribly ineficient for OC'ing. That true may have had some issues too though. They showed one where the base was so concave that a guy wore right through the Cu trying to get the concavity out of it. It was really bad.
    If anyone uses stock cooler, get out of here .

Quote Originally Posted by Kensek View Post
    My True i bought from CrazyPC lapped. They charge $15 to lap it.
    Not that much really. It takes some sand paper to lap it good. Plus it takes time.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by exe163 View Post

Not that much really. It takes some sand paper to lap it good. Plus it takes time.
    i do....

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by exe163 View Post

Hey now! You gotta test on something, and have something fall back on in case your loop goes down. Give me a little time. There will be water flowing. In time...in time.

Banned
    Hey now! You gotta test on something, and have something fall back on in case your loop goes down. Give me a little time. There will be water flowing. In time...in time.
    Same here today i'm setting it up on the stocker My first time so I'm scared!

Xtreme Addict
    stock cooler, 3ghz 50c idle
    watercooling 3ghz 30c idle.
    just shifted the coolers and temp drop was nice.
    4670k 4.6ghz 1.22v watercooled CPU/GPU - Asus Z87-A - 290 1155mhz/1250mhz - Kingston Hyper Blu 8gb -crucial 128gb ssd - EyeFunity 5040x1050 120hz - CM atcs840 - Corsair 750w -sennheiser hd600 headphones - Asus essence stx - G400 and steelseries 6v2 -windows 8 Pro 64bit Best OS used - - 9500p 3dmark11 (one of the 26% that isnt confused on xtreme forums)

Banned
    Wholly magine when my buddy sets his i965 up at -58 lol. Should be interesting.

Xtreme Member
    Gabe, I have a question about the backplate. It looks really lackluster support wise compared to S775 backplates. Does it still do as good of a job?

You have the simple square vs the thick X of S775 backplates.

Thanks.

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Gir92 View Post
    Gabe, I have a question about the backplate. It looks really lackluster support wise compared to S775 backplates. Does it still do as good of a job?

You have the simple square vs the thick X of S775 backplates.

Thanks.
    socket 1366 motherboards feature a rectangular backplate that is bolted through the motherboard and into the socket itself.

our back-plate surrounds the stock back-plate.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Member
    socket 1366 motherboards feature a rectangular backplate that is bolted through the motherboard and into the socket itself.

our back-plate surrounds the stock back-plate.
    Cool, I didn't know that.

Xtreme Member
    Nice results Kensek, thx for posting

The 1366 adapters seem pretty rare at this point, I'm guessing we have to wait a few weeks still?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedMoMegaHurtZ View Post
    Nice results Kensek, thx for posting

The 1366 adapters seem pretty rare at this point, I'm guessing we have to wait a few weeks still?
    http://www.petrastechshop.com/swapgtzlgmok.html

http://www.jab-tech.com/Swiftech-Apo...e-pr-4337.html

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=24738

Xtreme Member
    Thx Gir92!

Sorry ,what I meant to say was "in Canadian shops..."

I don't want to pay more for customs/duty & shipping than the price of the adapter!

Xtreme Member
    Gabe any tip on who will get it sooner on europe ?

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedMoMegaHurtZ View Post
    Thx Gir92!

Sorry ,what I meant to say was "in Canadian shops..."

I don't want to pay more for customs/duty & shipping than the price of the adapter!
    NCIX was among the first ones shipped.
    CEO Swiftech

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast