Thread: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe -VS- DFI NF4 Expert: does the "8 Phase Power" change anything?

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe -VS- DFI NF4 Expert: does the "8 Phase Power" change anything?

Hi (yeah I'm new here... )!
    I'm building a new mobo and I need a s939 motherboard: it's goin to be the DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert (were they drunk when they decided it's name?) or the Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe.
    The "8 Phase Power Design" of the Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe is supposed to bring more stability and lower temps.
    I really doubt about the stability (I mean 4 phase power designed motherbaords can already be very stable), but I would like to know if it's true that the Asus board runs cooler (Asus advertise at least 15°C (36°F) lower temps because of the 8 phase power design).

The mobo will be water-cooled and built for minimum noise, so there will be no fans (or only the min.) inside the case (Antec P180), and if the Asus really runs, let's say 10°C (~20°F) cooler, it's already a huge difference!

And another thing: I want 2gb of RAM (2x1gb), what do you think of the Corsair TWINX2048-3500LL Pro, is there something better?
    The CPU will be an Opteron 144 (pre-tested @2800mhz) and the VGA a Sapphire X1800 XL (oc to at least X1800 XT frequencies).

THX
    Last edited by Lazar; 11-14-2005 at 01:09 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    PR-wise the Asus sounds very interesting, now I would like to know what the experts on this forum have to say.

BTW, here's a thread with some discussion on both mobos...
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=79909
    Last edited by Piotrsama; 11-14-2005 at 02:05 PM.

Xtreme Bandwith Whore
    Marketing FUD, as with all Asus boards. Their Intel boards are great, their AMD boards always lack.