Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Who's ready for the new incoming AMD CPU/GPU hardware?

Xtreme Mentor
    I'm in good mood being a Clevelander the Browns beat the Steelers in a playoff game. yay now the got climb mount Everest against the chiefs. I don['t even care if they lose that now lol
    Go Ohio State too.

Seeing these BIG boards WRX80 show up for Threadripper is getting me excited too, along with AMD C.E.S post tomorrow at 11:00am it does have me wondering if they're is like 16 core on now old TRX40 just for the memory bandwidth and high up has the WRX80
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by demonkevy666 View Post
    I'm in good mood being a Clevelander the Browns beat the Steelers in a playoff game. yay now the got climb mount Everest against the chiefs. I don['t even care if they lose that now lol
    Go Ohio State too.

Seeing these BIG boards WRX80 show up for Threadripper is getting me excited too, along with AMD C.E.S post tomorrow at 11:00am it does have me wondering if they're is like 16 core on now old TRX40 just for the memory bandwidth and high up has the WRX80
    I'm only an hour south of you lol. Was also excited for the game.

I hope part availability gets better in Q2. I don't think the 6800 XT I ordered / paid for is ever going to arrive, has now been 7 weeks with no shipping update.
    Smile

Am having trouble with my ram speed.
    I can't get them to 3000. When I manually set the speed my system will not boot up.
    My old Crosshair VI bios was easy to use when adjusting the ram speed
    How can one post pictures?
    Do I need a special account 🤔

MAIN RIG--:
    ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ---:AMD Ryzen 7 5800X--Aquacomputer Cuplex Kryos NEXT--:ASUS Crosshair VIII HERO---
    32GB G-Skill AEGIS F4-3000C16S-8GISB --:MSI RADEON RX 6900 XT---:X-Fi Titanium HD modded
    Inter-Tech Coba Nitrox Nobility CN-800 NS 800W 80+ Silver--:Cyborg RAT 8--:Creative Sound BlasterX Vanguard K08

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocker003 View Post
    Am having trouble with my ram speed.
    I can't get them to 3000. When I manually set the speed my system will not boot up.
    My old Crosshair VI bios was easy to use when adjusting the ram speed
    How can one post pictures?
    Do I need a special account ��
    I upload pics in my private discord copy link then [img] tag them here.

example
    URL
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...678&height=903
    IMG tagged

In other news new agesa came out flashed tested, still a few quirks in bios, aquired a few more parts (fans, modded cables, independant cablemods rgb controllers) for the test system but works been hectic so I won't get much accomplished till next weekend.

Only thing I accomplished this past weekend was trading and swapping out my power supply (ax1200) plus cash ($50) for the ax1200i which is much quieter @ idle now and testing the latest agesa/bios.
    Last edited by chew*; 01-12-2021 at 10:05 AM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by demonkevy666 View Post
    Go Ohio State too.

No longer routing for a team again I'm bad luck haha chief's going to kill the Browns.... :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    I'm only an hour south of you lol. Was also excited for the game.

I hope part availability gets better in Q2. I don't think the 6800 XT I ordered / paid for is ever going to arrive, has now been 7 weeks with no shipping update.
    Well i'm sort of disappoint and slightly not disappointed. disappointed No Threadripper 5000, Not disappointed WRX80 is now going DIY along with CPU's, but their Threadripper 3,000 series :-/
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    it's a bottleneck for sure if it's not stable. there's gains to be had compared to defaults loaded, the gains from 3600 to 3800 are small now at = settings
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLja1q-M4SU

@ 8:34 secs

you can run fabric clock different from NB clock and Ram ? I'm unaware this wholly true on all boards.

surely that NB clock becomes a bottleneck at the asynchronous mode with the 2:1 setting.

5000mhz ram (2500mhz) / 1250mhz NB / 1800 (3600 mhz infinity clock )

the only way to get to run back up to 1900mhz is to run ram at 7600mhz!!! O.o~!

so what does the NB speed run on the just above 3800mhz when you do hit the 2:1 mode when it changes ?
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"

Brilliant Idiot
    You can run async yes on just about any board. it does not require double the speed to match performance but there are other stutter related issues in games that make it a moot point and sync is just better. Honestly not much gains to be had as before I ran stock with xmp loaded but mem speed @ 3200 vs -15 curve optimizer PBO +100 and 3800 manual tuned timings and gained 2 fps avg in dirt 5 @ 1080P High preset.

Granted this will vary between titles but you should not expect the larger gains we saw with previous versions of ryzen. Even PI 32m running 12-11-11 vs 16-16-16 3800+ i'm not seeing very large gains..... less than 3 secs. really only async is good for "benchmarks" not real world and select few benchmarks at that like geek bench.....

I see far less gains from timings now than previous versions. running 14-14-14 3800 with high v dimm amounts to nothing vs 16-16-16 in actual games. It generates more heat to your mem and gives you better aida results and that's about it.
    Last edited by chew*; 02-14-2021 at 04:05 PM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can run async yes on just about any board. it does not require double the speed to match performance but there are other stutter related issues in games that make it a moot point and sync is just better. Honestly not much gains to be had as before I ran stock with xmp loaded but mem speed @ 3200 vs -15 curve optimizer PBO +100 and 3800 manual tuned timings and gained 2 fps avg in dirt 5 @ 1080P High preset.

Granted this will vary between titles but you should not expect the larger gains we saw with previous versions of ryzen. Even PI 32m running 12-11-11 vs 16-16-16 3800+ i'm not seeing very large gains..... less than 3 secs. really only async is good for "benchmarks" not real world and select few benchmarks at that like geek bench.....

I see far less gains from timings now than previous versions. running 14-14-14 3800 with high v dimm amounts to nothing vs 16-16-16 in actual games. It generates more heat to your mem and gives you better aida results and that's about it.
    I did see someone post that you get slightly high fps, but also a lot lower 1% and .01% lows which would make stutter even worse. It was at least 10% worse lows. When your talking about 20-40 fps those are big gaps.

I can't find these test where the did high memory speed with low Infinity fabric clocks now :/ .Like 3800mhz ram with 1200mhz infinity fabric.

one thing I don't get is how bandwidth isn't hampered by the lower northbirdge speed & latency hit. Like you said your AIDA results are high, but that's about it. Maybe AIDA just calculating the results from the clock and not actual use.

I'm really wondering if AMD would ever put some kind of L4 cache on the IO die eventually, I'm not sure it would help in anyway.

as for RDN3 I could see the IO die being a benefit to weed out late frames before out putting them to the monitor. A way to keep more consistency on frame times. The L4 cache on that would help off load frames into that buffer and be accolated to out put.
    The only problem I see with this approach is what happened when you do want to use multi-gpu then, you'll need some way for those IO dies to communicate. Infinity fabric is one way around that but is/will it be big enough.

I must ask this, because I'm still on an ye old phenom II, but is this, curve optimizer sure seems like the old A.O.D with the old 1st gen phenom the 9000 series with + and - for the core is it ?
    I was pretty sure that ryzen master is basically a newer slightly better a.o.d
    Last edited by demonkevy666; 03-07-2021 at 07:48 PM.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"

Xtreme Mentor
    I'm wondering if I could just upgrade to a low Athlon 3000G because I'm playing mostly much older games that don't seen too much gpu power.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678