Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swiftech to release optional HSF for MCP35. pumps

Mr Swiftech

Swiftech to release optional HSF for MCP35. pumps

Hello All,

I am pleased to report the upcoming release of a new cooling accessory for the MCP35. pump series (MCP350, 355, 35X).

This is an Aluminum extruded Heatsink that is fastened to the pump using its base screw holes and thermally connected thru a thick thermal pad/gap filer.

It can either be used in passive mode, or receive an 80mm fan, and it includes a set of rubberized feet to decouple the assembly from the chassis so as to reduce vibrations/noise.

Here are some preview pics using the MCP35X+Reservoir as an example.

ETA is 3 weeks.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That seems a bit large. Kinda knocks the crap out of the compact nature of the pump to begin with.
    Intel I7 920 D0 @ 4.2g------------EK Supreme HF
    EVGA X58 SLI LE------------------EK-FB EVGA X58 LE
    nVidia GTX 580----------------------EK-FC580 GTX
    6g Corsair DDR3----------------DDC 3.2 w/ Petra's top
    OCZ 120g Vertex SSD------------------PA120.4
    WD 150g Raptor
    WD 500g
    ASUS Xonar DS
    HX1000 psu
    Silverstone TJ07 case

Xtreme X.I.P.
    It does add some size to it, but with just the passive sink, it wouldn't be all that large.
    I would think passive mode is plenty if elevated,
    Nice!

Xtreme Member
    Gabe, you are on a roll.

Start selling the assortment of compression fitting with 45's,90s, and qdc and no one will ever shop anywhere else.

great job.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Extremely sweet now I don't have to hack one together.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by MagisD View Post
    Extremely sweet now I don't have to hack one together.

Not like Koolance had one

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
    That seems a bit large. Kinda knocks the crap out of the compact nature of the pump to begin with.
    True, but the idea was to enable 80mm fans usage if desired for low rpm/low noise, so the form factor was mandatory..

choices..choices :-)

@avddrmer: on my agenda
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    True, but the idea was to enable 80mm fans usage if desired for low rpm/low noise, so the form factor was mandatory..

choices..choices :-)

@avddrmer: on my agenda
    My PC already sounds like a jet, go go delta fans!
    AMD Phenom II BE, ASUS Crosshair II formula, 8gb ddr2 800, 470 SLI, PC P&C 750, arcera RAID, 4x OCZ Vertex2, 2x samsung 7200 1tb, HT Omega Clario +

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Which would void the warranty.

MagisD

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Some of us people that have been around water for awhile are still scared of Koolance
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz+ 8GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 6 Asus P8P67 Pro CrossFire 6970's @ 950/1450
    Xeon X5677 @ 4.5Ghz 6GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 7 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 4870x2
    i7-880 @ 4.2Ghz+ (still playing) 4GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @2300Mhz CAS 9 Asus Maximus III Formula MSI Hawk 5770

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by tool_462 View Post
    Some of us people that have been around water for awhile are still scared of Koolance
    While I agree, and that radiator test was god horrid, they have come a long way and I'm willing to give them a chance.

I started my water cooling with swiftech, but even they ed up, see the apogee GTX with aluminum and the colbalt coating that didn't really hold up

Everybody screws up, koolance has come a long way. But still when I look for WC parts, switech, EK are on the top of my list.
    AMD Phenom II BE, ASUS Crosshair II formula, 8gb ddr2 800, 470 SLI, PC P&C 750, arcera RAID, 4x OCZ Vertex2, 2x samsung 7200 1tb, HT Omega Clario +

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Everyone had aluminum rads back then. period.. everyone used glycol so it wouldn't react.. big woop.

that's an awesome heatsink gabe.
    If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig
    you know you're addicted to watercooling when:
    Quote Originally Posted by Onoff312 View Post
    You started with a $200-400 budget and have ended up spending over $1000-2000

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins View Post
    Everyone had aluminum rads back then. period.. everyone used glycol so it wouldn't react.. big woop.

that's an awesome heatsink gabe.
    That's not true, thermochill and hardware labs, and swiftech did not. There was a BS article trying to prove ALU was better, and even with glycol some people had reactions.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/.../t-148286.html

How fast people forget.

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    It does add some size to it, but with just the passive sink, it wouldn't be all that large.
    I would think passive mode is plenty if elevated,
    Nice!
    BTW, you know how the pump housing only has 2 mount points. The HSF has 4, so you can rotate the HSF in the correct fin orientation to take advantage of an existing fan for example..
    CEO Swiftech

Ω
    Interesting stuff as always Gabe.

The fan may make the overall unit larger but I think the sacrifice of a little space is worth minimizing the chances of pump failure which in turn would cause hardware failure. It's a decent solution for people who don't want to take a dremel to their DDCs and void their warranty.

Even though Koolance may have come up with the heatsink idea first Gabe went the extra step and added the fan to the setup.

People need to stop hating!
    Ω Raven Build Blog

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
    " Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" - In times of war, the law falls silent.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Nice Gabe. One question, it looks like those feet are threaded. If it is mechanically fastened at the feet, does that bypass the rubber piece used for decoupling?
    upgrading...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I have swiftech and koolance in my system .

Swiftech rads and pumps, koolance blocks and fittings.

both are top notch at what they are, but those koolance fittings are just sweet. It's hard to tell the difference in pictures but they just seem a notch above when using them quality and ease of use.

Never considered anything but swiftech rads and the mcp-35x is great.

You need to look at what is now not what was.

MagisD

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by meanmoe View Post
    Nice Gabe. One question, it looks like those feet are threaded. If it is mechanically fastened at the feet, does that bypass the rubber piece used for decoupling?
    [the following was edited 3-26-11 to correct innacuracies]

The custom male/female post reaches thru to heatsink, and features shoulder holding fan against heatsink; the male and female threads are standard 6-32. Rubber bushing is secured to foot of post with a 6-32. if no fan is used, the posts can also be used with rubber bushings to decouple assy from chassis.
    Last edited by gabe; 03-26-2011 at 09:47 AM.
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by meanmoe View Post
    Didn't they also use steel everywhere? They've come a long way since then. I don't even consider them the same company.

I'm still a die-hard swiffy fan though. If Gabe sold shirts, I'd wear it.
    They also had the compression fittings that rotted through left and right. I'd say they are completely different, and I'll tip my hat to them doing a completely 180 and turning from "avoid at all costs" to "one of the best", it's really impressive and I'd recomend their products to anybody as some of, if not some cases, the best out there.

I'm just trying to set history and facts straight as to why some people get iffy about things.

Koolance, innovatek, aquacomputer all swore up and down by ALU despite in causing corrosion, glycol be damned as that only slows it down, and one of them even trotted out a BS radiator test to justify it. That happened. Swiftech screwed the pooch with an ALU top on a block that despite "mil grade plating" still landed up with problems and had to come out with a copper top later, and EK had their own stand off fiasco.

Nobody is perfect, but to claim "everybody had alu radiators and glycol stops it" is rather false.

I won't even get into DD and their personal cheer leader of bling DB and his idiocy.

Never go full retard
    Technically Koolance wasn't the orignator of the DDC heatsink either... Naekuh was, who got his idea from something Rocky (evil98) did. And trust me, I hate to even admit that Naekuh was at the start of it, because now I'll never hear the end of it.

Xtreme Mentor
    And I believe BeiFei was the one that made them for him. I still have a couple laying around. I never really thought the MCP355 needed one, but it was a nice idea. Gabe, I love the fact that you are improving your designs. You have brought a lot of new products to the community lately and I am really looking forward to seeing the new rads. I would like to see some acrylic tops come from you for your blocks, but other than that I am just really liking all your new products and revisions. Glad to see you are not just sitting around playing WOW.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

It's good to see all the vendors rather healthy and neck in neck. It's good for the whole genre, and provides actual choice for those that care more about aesthetics then strict performance, without having to worry about one being completely terrible but looking good, etc.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    BTW, you know how the pump housing only has 2 mount points. The HSF has 4, so you can rotate the HSF in the correct fin orientation to take advantage of an existing fan for example..
    Nice!

Earlier I was looking around for 60mm fans (to make something similar), but I couldn't find much and very much agree with the 80mm concept. 60mm fans are getting to be few and far between and any you can find are high rpm. 80 is the way to go..
    Last edited by Martinm210; 03-25-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by crash5s View Post
    They also had the compression fittings that rotted through left and right. I'd say they are completely different, and I'll tip my hat to them doing a completely 180 and turning from "avoid at all costs" to "one of the best", it's really impressive and I'd recomend their products to anybody as some of, if not some cases, the best out there.

I'm just trying to set history and facts straight as to why some people get iffy about things.

Koolance, innovatek, aquacomputer all swore up and down by ALU despite in causing corrosion, glycol be damned as that only slows it down, and one of them even trotted out a BS radiator test to justify it. That happened. Swiftech screwed the pooch with an ALU top on a block that despite "mil grade plating" still landed up with problems and had to come out with a copper top later, and EK had their own stand off fiasco.

Nobody is perfect, but to claim "everybody had alu radiators and glycol stops it" is rather false.

I won't even get into DD and their personal cheer leader of bling DB and his idiocy.
    got a little militant on that one eh?

i'll revise my statement:

A lot of people used aluminum rads because they didn't want to buy all those expensive 'watercooling' radiators that were just painted heater cores.

what I'm saying, go back 10 years ago and ppl freak out a LOT less about aluminum.
    If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig
    you know you're addicted to watercooling when:
    Quote Originally Posted by Onoff312 View Post
    You started with a $200-400 budget and have ended up spending over $1000-2000

Xtreme Mentor
    Ask Gabe about alu and the MCW5000 series (wich was way before koolance alu rads). Im shure there is plenty of "happy" memories regarding that block and its alu top.
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Not to be outdone by rival ATi, nVidia's going to offer its own drivers on EA Download Manager.
    X2 555 @ B55 @ 4050 1.4v, NB @ 2700 1.35v Fuzion V1
    Gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h v2.1
    HD6950 2GB swiftech MCW60 @ 1000mhz, 1.168v 1515mhz memory
    Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 cas 9 @ 1800 8.9.8.27.41 1T 110ns 1.605v
    C300 64GB, 2X Seagate barracuda green LP 2TB, Essence STX, Zalman ZM750-HP
    DDC 3.2/petras, PA120.3 ek-res400, Stackers STC-01,
    Dell U2412m, G110, G9x, Razer Scarab

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast