Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corsair 600T Graphite Case Mod Project ....with Review

Xtreme Member

Corsair 600T Graphite Case Mod Project ....with Review

I would describe the theme I'm creating on the 600T as "Sci-Fi or Futuristic Military Equipment Cargo Carton" that has seen some action in the field. (No bullet holes on this one!) The drawings I posted are only Conceptual. The final piece will be slightly different and much more detailed. A large portion of the construction will involve PVC sheets and I will debut a brand new custom LED lighting system, compliments of I&H Accessories

Graphite Series 600T Manufacturer Product Information

The Graphite Series 600T is a mid-tower in height, but inside it’s positively cavernous. Easily accommodate even the longest graphics cards in the industry due to the reconfigurable hard drive bays. The increased space behind the motherboard tray allows clean, uncluttered cable routing. Up to six hard drive caddies, each of which can accommodate SSDs and standard mechanical disks, sit below the four 5.25" tool-free optical drive bays. If that weren’t enough, you can remove the top panel 200mm fan and install a 240mm radiator and dual 120mm fans for a quick watercooling upgrade.
    Features for Builders

Corsair innovated cable routing with the Obsidian Series™ cases, and the Graphite Series features the same ingenious design. Pre-cut holes in the motherboard tray with rubber grommets and plenty of room behind the motherboard to route cables for a clean, uncluttered interior. The optical drive bays are tool-free, the side panels easily detach with the built-in latch mechanisms, and the integrated fan controller allows you to choose between quiet operation or maximum cooling performance.
    Features include

* Twin 200mm cooling fans with white LEDs for excellent cooling
    * Eight expansion slots provides you flexibility for multiple graphics card solutions
    * Unique cable routing holes guarantees you a clean and clutter-free installation
    * Integrated fan controller, for up to four fans, gives you the choice of noise vs. performance
    * Tool-free optical drive installation makes building your system faster than ever
    * CPU backplate cutout makes upgrading your CPU heatsink easy
    * 2.5” and 3.5” hard drive compatibility for up to 6 drives — straight out of the box!
    * Two year warranty with Corsair’s world-class customer service and technical support

Specifications

Type
    ATX Mid Tower

Color
    Dark Graphite Metallic

Case Material
    Steel / Plastic

Motherboard Compatibility
    Micro ATX / ATX

External 5.25" Drive Bays

Internal 3.5" Drive Bays

Expansion Slots

Front Ports
    4 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x IEEE1394, 1 x Headphone, 1 x Mic

Cooling System
    1 x 120 mm fan
    2 x 200 mm white LED fans

Dimensions(L x W x H)
    23.30" x 10.40" x 20.00"

Weight
    24.5 lbs. (out of carton)

Photo tour of Corsair's new 600T Graphite Mid Tower case before modifying it

Countersunk holes for 10/32 socket head screws, in the channel around the border and attaching window. CNC milled from 1/2" thick sheet of PVC.

Updated 9/27/10

Soss Hinges for the HD access door

ball latch

HD Access door
    Last edited by Bill Owen; 09-27-2010 at 03:43 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Video review of the Corsair 600T Graphite Mid Tower Case

Additional notes:

1. Corsair plans to offer window version, but won't reveal when.
    2. Fan controller is at least 5W per channel
    3. Release date for the 600T on Newegg in US is Sept 23rd.

Cooling Fan specifications given to me directly by Corsair.

Front: 200x30mm White LED Fan x 1 (76 CFM, 800 rpm, (+/- 15%) 24.2 dBA)

Top: 200x30mm White LED Fan x 1 (76 CFM, 800 rpm, (+/- 15%) 24.2 dBA)

Rear: 120mm x 24mm Fan x 1 (42 CFM, 1200 rpm, 27 dBA)

CFM Total = 194

Final Thoughts

Overall Design & Construction is Excellent, It’s steel, but feels similar to Aluminum
    Excellent Cable Management, anyone can make a cable job look nice in this case.
    User Features, fan controller, option for 240 Radiator, adjusts to different length PSUs
    Plenty of space, with room to accommondate larger video cards, removable HD cages layout options
    Good Filtering, the entire front is filtered, with easy access for cleaning the filters.
    Security, with discreet lock for the access panel.

WISH LIST

Window in Access panel version.
    3rd 200mm intake fan in the Access panel.
    Higher CFM rating on the 200mm fans.
    Metal HD trays, instead of Plastic. fyi: Plastic releases on the optical bays are very durable.
    360 Radiator option in the top panel. The space is there... Just need to revise the exterior trim design
    Color options, at least Silver.
    Not going to complain about the $149.99 - $159.99 price tag, I think it’s very reasonable.
    Last edited by Bill Owen; 09-06-2010 at 05:56 AM.

Xtreme Member
    This is going to look great, Bill. Hope to see a video work log as well on this project.
    ==========================================
    XClio 1000, Gigabye GA-MA790XT-UD4P
    AMD Phenom II 955BE @3.2 GHz, Noctua NH-D14
    CORSAIR 950TX 950W, 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600
    Sapphire 4850x2 CFX
    Win7 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    and the more i type the more BS comes out of my keyboard. LOL

oh bill, finally a brand new project, but any project with NZXT phantom that you have explained some time ago?

Xtreme Member
    Nice review!
    Looking forward mate

Good review, made me more eager to get mine. No fair though, you're already modding one when we're all waiting to get one .
    System: i7 920 | Sapphire 5870 | EVGA X58 Classified 760 | 3x2GB Dominator GT 1866 | Corsair 800D
    Cooling: EK Supreme Classified Red cpu block | DD 5870 block | EK X58 Classified Mobo block

Xtreme Member
    @aythrea, I will be updating thread with progress

@salucard, I will be revealing it very soon, I will PM you a Link

@Soul_train, Cool, thanks dude

@BeavermanA, Haha, but I have to get my done in 3 weeks. It will be tight!

Bill

You'll wait for the release date to post pics, or they're coming earlier?
    Raidmax ATOMIC - Core i7 3770s + Corsair H70 // Gigabyte H77N WIFI // Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 2133mhz // EVGA GTX1060 ACX2.0// Kingston SUV400 480Gb // Sharkoon SFX500L

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Owen View Post
    @salucard, I will be revealing it very soon, I will PM you a Link

I can't wait!!! that case is so cool, mostly air flowing solution and integrated fan controller...for me one of the best case on market
    but at same time I can't wait for this new project on 600T graphite

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    I don't know who is designing Corsairs cases lately but whoever it is deserves a raise. They are coming out with some really well designed units.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Corsair Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I don't know who is designing Corsairs cases lately but whoever it is deserves a raise. They are coming out with some really well designed units.
    I will send this to my boss. I'm the Product Manager for Cases & Cooling. Heh.

Xtreme Guru
    Redbeard: then send him suggestion for Obsidian 1000D 25-30mm longer to be able to fit 560mm rads (with maybe precut fan holes for 4x120rad on top), 10mm higher bottom compartment for easier fitting rads on side in bottom compartment, way to mount PSU in bottom vertically (optionally or as main way to mount), fan cutouts in bottom in all case length + second dust filter half insertable from front and of course a little bit higher middle compartment with extra card slots for monster motherboards like SR2 (last bit imho is not that important, but more room for rads - must have). Each and every of these size adjustments will take out great deal of required moding to fit big pile of very big rads with little to no moding in it resulting in THE case for liquid cooling instead of TJ07.
    And btw, do you know where one can purchase rubber grommets for wire management like 800D uses?
    Last edited by Church; 09-07-2010 at 10:13 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miptzi View Post
    Bill

You'll wait for the release date to post pics, or they're coming earlier?
    Those are all of the photos of the 600T sample I took before I dismantled it. You can see more on their product page here

Xtreme Addict
    This is going to be sweet! Loved the video too Bill, thanks for that

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    Redbeard: then send him suggestion for Obsidian 1000D 25-30mm longer to be able to fit 560mm rads (with maybe precut fan holes for 4x120rad on top), 10mm higher bottom compartment for easier fitting rads on side in bottom compartment, way to mount PSU in bottom vertically (optionally or as main way to mount), fan cutouts in bottom in all case length + second dust filter half insertable from front and of course a little bit higher middle compartment with extra card slots for monster motherboards like SR2 (last bit imho is not that important, but more room for rads - must have). Each and every of these size adjustments will take out great deal of required moding to fit big pile of very big rads with little to no moding in it resulting in THE case for liquid cooling instead of TJ07.
    And btw, do you know where one can purchase rubber grommets for wire management like 800D uses?

Boom. Perfectly stated.

Also, just wanted to say +1 on the raise request Redbeard

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Another case from them that has too much exhaust CFM and not enough intake CFM, esp when you factor in the PSU exhaust fan. When you add it all up it's about a 2:1 ratio negative pressure case. I expect better from Corsair. There should at least be a vent to mount an optional intake fan across from the GPUs on the side panel. It would take a 140mm there just to come close to even pressure.
    Last edited by Frag Maniac; 09-07-2010 at 05:38 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Owen View Post
    Not going to complain about the $149.99 - $159.99 price tag, I think it’s very reasonable.
    Yah, all you Americans, Please DO NOT complain

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Looks a lot like Cooler Master is designing their cases
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz+ 8GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 6 Asus P8P67 Pro CrossFire 6970's @ 950/1450
    Xeon X5677 @ 4.5Ghz 6GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 7 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 4870x2
    i7-880 @ 4.2Ghz+ (still playing) 4GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @2300Mhz CAS 9 Asus Maximus III Formula MSI Hawk 5770

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tool_462 View Post
    Ouch.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    the 600 does bear a fairly similar resemblance to the sniper (or is it scout?)
    Current System:
    eVGA 680i SLi "A2" P30 BIOS
    intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (currently at stock)
    OCZ ReaperX 4GB DDR2 1000 (running at DDR2 800 Speeds with cas4)
    320GB Seagate 7200.10
    XFX 8800GT XXX 512MB (stock clocks)
    auzentech X-Fi Prelude
    PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750 Quad Copper
    Win XP Pro

its a SniperCosmos if you ask me.
    The perfect fusion, I need to say
    Raidmax ATOMIC - Core i7 3770s + Corsair H70 // Gigabyte H77N WIFI // Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 2133mhz // EVGA GTX1060 ACX2.0// Kingston SUV400 480Gb // Sharkoon SFX500L

Xtreme Member
    Screen shots of the left custom side panel drawing in progress... The vents above the window are 1/4" wide. Smaller opening to right will be access doorway to HD bays.

Xtreme Design
    I like the concept art. What are you using for modeling software?
    -------------------------------
    Not From Concentrate
    All Projects
    Previous Projects:
    S3 Mini ITX Chassis
    The ArK
    Uriel
    Israfel
    Veritas
    Eldritch

Corsair Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by tool_462 View Post
    Man if the thing didn't have the fan speed knob on top nobody would even say it looks remotely like a Sniper. That's literally the only similarity I can see. If I had to do it again I'd make it a slider or a dimmer switch or something.

Really love the design of Corsair 600T, so many hole for cable management
    Rig: P5Q Pro | E7400 | V8 | 2x2GB Ballistix Tracer | XFX HD4770 | 2x Seagate 1TB | eXtreme Power 650W | RV01 | HP 2009F
    Plan to go: Epiphone SG400 | Fender T-Bucket 300CE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast