Thread: Destroyer New G15 Bios

Xtreme Member

Destroyer New G15 Bios

http://www.ex3clan.com/foxconn/destr...1-79CF1G15.zip

1. Fixed Hibrid SLI function abnormal.
    2. Update JMicro raid option ROM to version 1.07.17.

so that the AMD V all working now and update microcode so i dont think there much more i can do now for this board. what bug are left am sorry they going to stay, unless there a big bug show up

thanks and enjoy

There are still a couple of big bugs, I'm afraid.

If you put the computer to sleep (S3 mode), the FSB resets to 200MHz. You have to restart the computer to get your overclock back.

If you disable Cool and Quiet, the CPU runs at 800MHz and can't be increased to its normal speed. This bug didn't exist in the P16 BIOS, it first appeared in the G10 BIOS.

If these last two issues are fixed, the BIOS will be perfect.
    Last edited by Leapo; 03-03-2010 at 04:37 AM.

Xtreme Member
    dont know if i can get them fix as the board IS AOL its getting harder and harder to get fixed

If they really are going to EOL the Destroyer, at least leave us with a BIOS that's fully functional.

Leaving it broken just doesn't seem right after getting this far.

Xtreme Member
    been EOL for a while
    i've asked to see if we can fix but hay a lot of old board are left with broken bios
    this would not be the first or last and not the only company to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Trident View Post
    been EOL for a while
    First time I've heard that...

There's been no indication from Foxconn that the Destroyer is EOL on either the Foxconn Channel website, nor the Quantum Force website. The current price of the Destroyer ($240 USD) also doesn't indicate a product with an EOL status.

Might want to tell retailers so they can run a fire sale. They generally don't like holding on to unsupported motherboards with buggy BIOS. A final and fully functional BIOS for the Destroyer would lessen consumer backlash considerably, if such a fire sale were to occur.

i've asked to see if we can fix but hay a lot of old board are left with broken bios
    I'm sorry, but that is not acceptable for a motherboard as expensive as the Destroyer. This is a high-end product that people have spent a lot of money on, and they expect it to work correctly.

I'm glad to hear you're trying to get us one last BIOS, I really am. But this sort of attitude towards customers who buy your high-end gear doesn't speak well about Foxconn.

this would not be the first or last and not the only company to do that
    Doesn't Foxconn want to be better than those other companies?
    Last edited by Leapo; 03-03-2010 at 06:13 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Leapo what do you mean this attitude to customer

this is normal

well lest make this straight there been no stock of destroyer in the EU for the last year
    the price you say is old and has nothing to do with foxconn. if the retailer still want to sell at that price then that his reason not foxconn.

am sorry we did not tell you Destroyer is EOL but did nvidia say EOL of the chipset no and that how it is
    but we not made any more destroyer in the last year and that means EOL

right that the end of that, back to the problem. and please do not keep going on like the world is ending

am sorting out another bios but if i get anymore complain then i stop and good bye
    am very very tied of supporting and am sat in a office by my self so very pXXX off.

I can understand that it gets dull working on a project all by yourself. If the board is EOL, which sucks, then why won't Foxconn release the bios code to someone who makes custom BIOSes. I am sure that there is a coder in this forum that woould be interested in fixing the last remaining bugs. If the board is EOL then what IP is there left to protect?
    Phenom II X4 940 B.E.; Foxconn Destroyer; 8GB Crucial Ballistix; WD Caviar Black 1 TB x 2; Windows 7 Pro

Xtreme Member
    sorry copy right say we can not give the code out

why dont you ask asus for the source code of there bios
    there a lot of IP in bios source and if you can read ASM then you can get a job as a bios writer lol

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leapo View Post
    There are still a couple of big bugs, I'm afraid.

If you put the computer to sleep (S3 mode), the FSB resets to 200MHz. You have to restart the computer to get your overclock back.

If you disable Cool and Quiet, the CPU runs at 800MHz and can't be increased to its normal speed. This bug didn't exist in the P16 BIOS, it first appeared in the G10 BIOS.

If these last two issues are fixed, the BIOS will be perfect.
    I get the same thing...disable Cool and Quiet and my CPU runs at 800MHz (955BE c3 stepping)
    ASRock Z77 Extream6
    Intel i7 3770K
    G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1866
    OCZ Agility 3 120GB SATA III
    Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB
    CORSAIR HX1050
    GIGABYTE GTX 770 4GB

Xtreme Member
    just to make you all happy we are working on fixing the last two bug after that am not doing any more to push

i don't have one, but i think you're doing a great job for pushing bios-updates for such an old board like the destroyer. thank you and please keep up working!

<.:BOLD:.> Foxconn Inferno Katana | Intel Core i7-860 | 8GB Corsair Dominator GT | LSI MegaRAID 9260 | ATI Radeon HD 5870

<.:LITE:.>
    DFI LANParty JR P45-T2RS | Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 | 4GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 | 2x ATI Radeon HD 4850 @ CF

just to make you all happy we are working on fixing the last two bug after that am not doing any more to push
    thx man