Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 2 still has it

Xtreme Enthusiast

Battlefield 2 still has it

This game can still produce enormous amounts of fun. Just got on with the 1.5 patch, it was sweet! Once you get a good squad, that's when it really picks up.

The only drag is it takes a few minutes to get into the action, but needless to say if you have several hours to spare this will give you much satisfaction.

I managed to stab about 10 people. I love it.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Meh while I loved this game for the longest time. It is hard to find servers that actually have admins that will kick hackers and most people just nade all day. It has gotten a little boring to me while I still play once in a while I definitely like TF2 or BC2 beta over it nowadays.
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

i downloaded the patch but it took ages with my s*** internet

It's still my favourite game of all time

and you can edit it so the vids at the begining don't play (i dunno how to do it though)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Apparently TF2 has the same kind of action (albeit restricted somewhat) as BF2. Is this true?

I used to play css quite a bit, it is addictive but it's missing something that the BF series seems to capture well (much like rtcw but I never got into that).

I might get BC2 when it comes out.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TRICHEESE View Post
    i downloaded the patch but it took ages with my s*** internet

It's still my favourite game of all time

and you can edit it so the vids at the begining don't play (i dunno how to do it though)
    Go to the movies folder inside BF2 and remove everything in there. Make backups just in case. I can get you the full path when I go home.

Love will tear us apart
    Even if you think you are sick to death of World War 2 I highly recommend giving Forgotten Hope 2 a try. Fantastic models, maps and gameplay and just keeps improving as still in active development. Started with Northern Africa which frankly was kind of meh but Normandy-era maps have since been released and the very recent 2.25 patch adds some nice new gameplay and weapons mechanics in addition to the usual maps and items. It feel a lot more natural and less clunky than vanilla BF2. And it really looks freakin' fantastic too especially at high res with super high AA.

For it's high quality and fun factor it really has way too few players, especially outside of Europe. You can find me on the WOLF U.S. server most evenings...
    Last edited by WrigleyVillain; 02-09-2010 at 12:21 PM.
    Dark Star IV
    i5 3570K | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 8GB Samsung 30nm | GTX 670 FTW 4GB + XSPC Razer 680 | 128GB Samsung 830
    Apogee HD White | 140MM UT60/120MM UT45/120MM ST30 | XSPC D5 V2

Xtreme Mentor
    This thread has got me thinking about buying this on Steam. It sucks I have two copies but the discs are scratched to hell :/

Love will tear us apart
    I happen to have two sets of discs. Send one for shipping. But you have to promise to try FH2, lol.
    Dark Star IV
    i5 3570K | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 8GB Samsung 30nm | GTX 670 FTW 4GB + XSPC Razer 680 | 128GB Samsung 830

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If you have the original, I think you have the right to download the ISO.. but let's not go down that path

You can pick up the cd/dvd from any games store for $10 or less brand new...

I am Xtreme
    Basic BF was on Amazon for 7$.

Though BF2 now a days is plagued by 12yr old admins and hackers.
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by damha View Post
    If you have the original, I think you have the right to download the ISO.. but let's not go down that path
    Well technically it's still illegal in a lot of countries, including the US and UK. But so freaking what, you paid for the game already. I'm in a similar situation and I just run an ISO under Daemon Tools.

Apparently TF2 has the same kind of action (albeit restricted somewhat) as BF2. Is this true?
    Nah, TF2 is nothing like BF2. It's more tactical than say CS:S, but there isn't the slightest hint of the large scale strategic gameplay of the Battlefield games.

The Bad Company 2 beta is pretty sucky, but it and MAG [for PS3] are about the only games on the horizon that promise anything like BF2's gameplay.
    Core i7 920, Gigabyte x58-USB3, Radeon 5850 [CF coming soon], 6GB OCZ Platinum, Corsair 40GB Force, 3x 2TB Spinpoint F4, Silverstone OP1000, Dell XPS Studio Case.

Alienware M11x.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post

Agreed that is why I stopped playing. You get on a server and these losers that hack usually are friends with who ever is running the server it seems cause you complain and you get banned.
    Well atleast for me
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xtreme Member
    There are a few that are still pretty good [for North American players at least]:

Nunya's All Maps server.
    Robert Reed's House of A.I.D.S. [was All Maps, currently 24/7 Jalalabad].
    FART 24/7 Jalalabad.
    FART 24/7 Mashtuur.
    The Super Vehicles Servers [several, each 24/7 on a different map].

I just hope BC2 is a little better than the beta and has a few more game modes. The only time I ever wanted to play 'Assault' was on UT2004, multi stage defence based multiplayer maps are almost always complete rubbish.
    Core i7 920, Gigabyte x58-USB3, Radeon 5850 [CF coming soon], 6GB OCZ Platinum, Corsair 40GB Force, 3x 2TB Spinpoint F4, Silverstone OP1000, Dell XPS Studio Case.

Alienware M11x.

Xtreme Addict

Not really, my dad and I still play. He actually played for 8 hours today and made Lieutenant Colonel, same profile since 2006... haha.

I got him into BF2, he was never really into gaming before that point.
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

2,147,222 F@H Points - My F@H Statistics:
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...e=Conman%5F530

Love will tear us apart
    And why aren't you playing the mod yet? I see you playing DoD Source! lol

You and your Dad...
    Dark Star IV

Xtreme Mentor
    I bite the bullet and bought it on steam

Xtreme Member
    Go to the movies folder inside BF2 and remove everything in there. Make backups just in case. I can get you the full path when I go home.
    Or just rename the "movies" folder to "nomovies". I've done this and its great. No intro movies and no background animation in the menus.
    - Autobot -
    Intel Q9400 (3.6Ghz) / Asus P5Q Deluxe / 8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800
    MSI R6970 Afterburner 2GB / Asus Xonar DX
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD / Seagate 640GB SATA2 / Lite-On DVD/RW Litescribe SATA
    XFX XXX-Edition modular 650W PSU
    Enzotech / Swiftech / Koolance

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyVillain View Post
    And why aren't you playing the mod yet? I see you playing DoD Source! lol

You and your Dad...
    Haha. My main computer is down for GPU RMA (again) and my backup (PD820 / 7950 GX2) downloads super slow (even though I have 12Mb/s Fibre). I'll figure it out when I get my PC back up...

Oh, and DoD:S is fun...
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Been playing since 2005 and still going strong, looks like I have one of highest flag capture's of anyone playing at my age (50's) 29,882 flag caps. Not bad for a guy who is probably the oldest guy (age) playing.
    Last edited by dctokyo; 02-11-2010 at 06:50 AM. Reason: added correct flag caps

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by dctokyo View Post
    Been playing since 2005 and still going strong, looks like I have the highest flag capture of anyone playing 29,882 flag caps. Not bad for a guy who is probably the oldest guy (age) playing.
    hehe give me your in game name and I will put a stop to your flag capping :p.
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme Enthusiast
    hehe give me your in game name and I will put a stop to your flag capping :p.
    PM send with name

Xtreme Enthusiast
    29,882.. only??

When you reach 30,000 we should have a little party here.

Love will tear us apart
    Quote Originally Posted by {GOD}Raptor22 View Post
    Haha. My main computer is down for GPU RMA (again) and my backup (PD820 / 7950 GX2) downloads super slow (even though I have 12Mb/s Fibre). I'll figure it out when I get my PC back up...

Oh, and DoD:S is fun...
    Sure, but this is so much better. And you get to play with ME so there's no contest!

Didn't you get it going on your Dads rig? He should try it too. I know it's a ginormous download which blows but that's cause it's high quality with lots of assets and huge detailed maps
    Last edited by WrigleyVillain; 02-10-2010 at 08:47 AM.
    Dark Star IV

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyVillain View Post
    Sure, but this is so much better. And you get to play with ME so there's no contest!

Didn't you get it going on your Dads rig? He should try it too. I know it's a ginormous download which blows but that's cause it's high quality with lots of assets
    Ill need to get on there and check it out sometime. My dads rig will probably run it pretty decent, Its just whether my router will cooperate and download it fast....

Been playing since 2005 and still going strong, looks like I have the highest flag capture of anyone playing 29,882 flag caps. Not bad for a guy who is probably the oldest guy (age) playing.
    My dad will be 50 in like two months and he plays almost daily...
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

Love will tear us apart
    Well do what you gotta do, leave overnight or something. As you dig military stuff I swear to god, like me, you won't want to play anything else for awhile. There are no PAK 40s and Churchill tanks (etc etc etc) in DOD:S

Christ I have half a mind to mail you a DVD already.

PM send with name
    Oh snap! It's onnnnnnn!
    Last edited by WrigleyVillain; 02-10-2010 at 08:54 AM.
    Dark Star IV

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast