Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official IC Perihelion Test Results Thread

Xtreme Member

Official IC Perihelion Test Results Thread

Introduction

Here with this new round of field testing we are introducing our new thermal compound Perihelion. It’s been nearly 2 years since Innovation Cooling’s (IC) test run of IC Diamond here on XS. While XS was not the largest of any of the 12 Field tests done to date, it was certainly the most thorough of the lot. So with that in mind I selected this group to do the first public tests as it was the most challenging, results from the XS IC Diamond testing assisted us to effectively trouble shoot a number of issues like proper application amounts and mounting and hardware requirements needed to obtain best performance in addition we were able to refine our marketing message. Forum comments and feedback we received were invaluable. XS gets first look at our new compound IC Perihelion prior to product release.

So Thanks again all who agreed to participate and those who have helped us in the past.

Background

We are taking a little bit of a different track on things by adding a maximum possible performance metric for consideration rather than just a Paste #1 vs. Paste #2 sort of thing. We are fast approaching material limitations (if not already maxed out) and performance improvements from here on out will be harder to differentiate. More and more we project or expect that future buy decisions will be made on factors such as cost/quality with competitive compounds performing within a few 10th's of a degree of each other with the exception what I call the exotics like diamond and the liquid metals

To demonstrate this we soldered a sink to a test die (one inch Die @120 W) and with a thermocouple we set through a hole in the sink to measure the top of the joint to establish a maximum performance "solder line" for a practical theoretical limit to performance. In our own study there were no significant gains to be had in the thermal cascade of die, compound, sink. We are at the beginning of the end of the performance race with a pile up at the material limit wall.

The Graphics below (Courtesy of Intel) outline how we test.

We test ambient temperature at four points an in addition we measure airflow through the sink drawing a flow/ resistance curve resistance curve and also test the fan by itself. Standard adjustments are made for temperature, barometric readings and altitude.

For thermal measurements we follow Intel's suggested method.

For the synthetic die we just replace the CPU with a 1" copper die. Synthetic test set up provides more information such as to how much power is applied to get the thermal reading and is much easier to control for mounting contact/ pressure repeatability in testing. We then use in-system-tests for a correlation to synthetic tests.

Chart below - samples are the newly released paste compounds which are pretty good performance wise. I tested all the recently released compounds in the last year the top 3 are of those shown here. So in the future it is possible we will have 10 compounds all testing inside of a degree of each other. Future product reviews of compounds will probably start with some statement that the paste has hit the standard performance mark and then move on to other features. Ultra High performance is the new average now.

Test comparison below was done on a synthetic one inch die @ 120 W

We believe this is where thermal compound becomes kind of a ho hum commodity product with cost/quality(long term reliability) becoming more dominant features in the buy decision as noted. The design target for Perihelion fills a gap in our product line for Cost/Quality/Performance in as close to an optimum balance as we could get.

What remains is to see how our lab data translates to in-field use by actual users

Test Requirements

Be sure to benchmark your cpu temps with your current tim and record your results before using perihelion for testing. we need before and after please!

Also, please make sure you don't change any variable other than the thermal compound used for before/after (i.e. same volts/clocks, cooler, and other hardware)

APPLICATION METHOD

For all those participating in the Perihelion giveaway, please follow this link to the Innovation Cooling website for application instructions on the product application is the same as IC Diamond:

Perihelion Application Instructions

Proper application is the key to this product. The nature and consistency of this product is likely quite different from what most of you are used to in a Thermal Compound. We don't recommend use of traditional methods of applying the TIM like razor blades, lines, x's (though some people have reported great success with the X method), etc. Through extensive testing, the best overall application method has been determined to be a pea sized amount (approx. 5.5mm dia.) directly in the center of the CPU. The TIM should be adequately spread via the downforce of the CPU cooler (a sufficient amount of downforce will provide best results; minimum 50psi of downforce should be the goal for optimum results. please see the Innovation Cooling website for more info). Also, for coolers/surfaces that have many peaks and valleys, it may be beneficial to wet the surface(s) with a small amount of Perihelion to initially fill the voids in the mounting surfaces...then proceed with recommended application as usual. Please click on the link provided and shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Keep in mind, Perihelion has been formulated with the specific goals of providing great thermal conductivity with short set times, but also for long term stability and performance without pump/bakeout through extended thermal cycling or usage. This stuff is very stable over long periods of time.

HOW TO POST RESULTS

THE FORMAT IS AS FOLLOWS (ALL TEMPS IN C):

OPTIONAL INFO: PROCESSOR, VOLTS/CLOCKS, HEATSINK/COOLING USED, ETC.

Pre-Perihelion
    Compound:
    Ambient Temp:
    Idle Temp:
    Load Temp:
    Heat Sink Fan Speed:

Perihelion
    Ambient Temp:
    Idle Temp:
    Load Temp:
    Heat Sink Fan Speed:

If you have any problems or need support, please feel free to post here for now. Remember, proper application and good even heatsink pressure (goal should be minimum of 50psi or more) are crucial for peak performance. Too little compound will impact your results so please do visit the Innovation Cooling website for Application Instructions with images and explanations as well as read the review on this site as. For those with direct touch heatpipe coolers, you might want to try wetting the contact surface of the cooler with a tiny amount of Perihelion to fill any small voids before proceeding with the normal application method.

So, I'd just like to thank XS for this great opportunity and also all the participants and members. This is a great website. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post up. Sign ups are still open and should be posted in the sign up thread.

Thanks all !

Application Notes

We strongly recommend using our application procedure out of the gate and no others.

http://www.innovationcooling.com/app...structions.htm

Correct Application Amount
    the application should look like this with a 5.5mm bead - This was tested by us and validated on a number of forums (including this one) using less will impact results negatively as shown in multiple tests.

Cauliflower like extensions indicate absorption of air. The more viscous the paste the more you have to use. With thinner or less viscous pastes the "Air Zone" is further extended .

The metric is viscosity, amount of paste to the area being covered.

Our new labels will include a 5.5mm "reference spot" to facilitate proper application.

In this example IC Diamond was applied between two glass slides and stress tested in an oven @ 150C for 20 hours. Applied 5mm bead of ICD.

Note the halo of air bubbles, this is why it is important to apply enough compound, because as the paste thins it spreads it reaches a maximum zone where air is reformed into the paste application between the sink and IHS

In essence you need enough compound to extend the air pocket zone outside the area of IHS contact otherwise you are riding on a cushion air(an insulator) preventing full contact/performance and leading to an early failure of the mount

http://www.innovationcooling.com/app...structions.htm

Note: in a rush to get up will add edits and info later
    Last edited by tastymannatees; 01-30-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Banned
    CPU: Core2duo E8400 3ghz 1.25v stock volts OC results 3.6GHZ 1.375V 1.35v with vdroop

Overclocked Results
    Compound: Ceramique
    Ambient Temp: 22c
    Idle Temp: 26c both cores
    Load Temp: 48c both cores
    Heat Sink Fan Speed: tuniq 120 extreme yate loon hs full speed 88cfm 2200rpm

overclocked results
    Compound: AC Silver 5
    Load Temp: 38c both cores

Overclocked Results
    Perihelion
    Load Temp: 45c, 44c core 0 and 1

Overclocked Results
    Compound:ICD7
    Load Temp: 40c,33c core 0, 1

This post will be updated with final results after all have been tested. best of 2 mounts so far, maybe going to try a 3rd mount as well see if the results change. Either way the cost and performance of periheion is great much better than that of other pastes. Load test done with Intel Burn Test by aGent GoD.

Note: the burn in process I have chosen to use for the tests is to run intel burn test with no fans on whatsoever for 1 hr turn ibt off, plug the fan in let it cool down to the stock 26c then run ibt and take the data from there.

Note2: The cores were uneven during load tests with ICD7 so for the graphical data I added to 2 cores together and divided them by 2 to get the average for graphing purposes

Perihelion is better than ceramique but doesnt quite beat arctic silver5 and loses to icd7 as well. But with cost/performance I think Ic Perihelion beats all the competition hands down, As well as longevity per mount it is equal to icd7 and smashes Ac silver 5.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ceram-oc-load.jpg 
Views:	651 
Size:	148.8 KB 
ID:	100629   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	perihelion-oc-load.jpg 
Views:	661 
Size:	147.6 KB 
ID:	100630   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACs5-oc-load.jpg 
Views:	659 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	100631   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ICD7-oc-load.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	100714   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resultgraph-load.jpg 
Views:	552 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	100715  

Last edited by overclocking101; 01-26-2010 at 01:22 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    E6420 @ 3.52Ghz with 1.472v loaded. Watercooled with D-Tek Fuzion waterblock and Thermochill PA 120.2 radiator.

Before
    Compound: AS5 [With the system for about 3 months]
    Ambient Temp: ~20C
    Idle Temp: 24 and 25C
    Load Temp: 62 C for both [ 100% loaded with Linx, Highest temp after 4:16 ]

With Perihelion
    Ambient Temp: ~20C
    Idle Temp: 27C for both
    Load Temp: 64 and 65C [ 100% loaded with Linx, Highest temp after 4:18 ]

New Idle/Load After 24 hours. Temps seems to drop 1 or 2 C. Same ambient temp about 20C.

Last edited by Bail_w; 01-24-2010 at 10:21 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XS WCG Hamster Herder
    First test on Farm-14. The original mount was a 6 month old ICD7 mount. It was a good mount, with even coverage across the chip upon dis-assembly. This rig is running naked on my bench.

Loading was done with BOINC WCG (What else would we load with?? Those that aren't, need to start..... Don't waste cycles, complete work units instead.....)

I waited a minimum of 30 minutes between temp tests to allow stabilization.

On the new Perihelion mount, I cycled load on and off about 5 times before taking data. This was to allow some level of temp cycling. As a side note, I didn't notice much change from the first application to after the cycling.

Perihelion is a bit thinner consistency than ICD7. It was very easy to work with.

MACHINE NAME: Farm-14
    PROCESSOR: i7 920
    VOLTS: CPUz Idle 1.352 / Load 1.336
    CLOCKS: 3.3g
    HEATSINK/COOLING USED: Zalman CPNS10x Extreme

Pre-Perihelion
    Compound: ICD7
    Ambient Temp: 21c
    Idle Temp: 37,40,39,36
    Load Temp: 62,63,62,59
    Heat Sink Fan Speed: 2260 rpm

Perihelion
    Ambient Temp: 21c idle test - 22c load test
    Idle Temp: 38,39,38,35
    Load Temp: 65,66,64,60
    Heat Sink Fan Speed: 2260

Results as expected. The ICD7 mount still rules. Allowing for the 1 degree ambient change from ICD7 load to Perihelion load, Perihelion was about 1.25 degrees worse at load. I will monitor to see if it drops for a burn in time. I'll also continue to monitor longer term. So this is cheaper, and should last as long as the several year old ICD7 mounts I have. Looking good so far.

Here's a pic of the application pea blob. It was a generous blob....

Now for the all important taste test........ Perihelion tastes very much like a mix of plaster and corn oil, with perhaps a splash of canola oil. Could use a dash of pepper, but it's not bad....

Bob
    If You ain't Crunching, you ain't Xtreme enough. Go Here
    Help cure CANCER, MS, AIDS, and other diseases.
    ....and don't let your GPU sit there bored...Crunch or Fold on it!!
    Go Here, Or Here

I am Xtreme
    Remember, guys, the TIM takes a while to cure, give it some time before posting results.
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=232141
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 123bob View Post

Results as expected. The ICD7 mount still rules. Allowing for the 1 degree ambient change from ICD7 load to Perihelion load, Perihelion was about 1.25 degrees worse at load. I will monitor to see if it drops for a burn in time. I'll also continue to monitor longer term. So this is cheaper, and should last as long as the several year old ICD7 mounts I have.

Bob
    Thanks for taking the time to test, much appreciated.

2 years running so how did the temps hold up? On the Perihelion we pretty much have the same longevity mix as ICD.

I have a system running 3.5 years with no change in performance

I like to stress this aspect as it relates to quality. Many applications require high reliability and it is as critical feature as performance. Our fastest growing market are high stress environments notebooks, game systems and mission critical apps in private and government servers.

XS WCG Hamster Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by tastymannatees View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to test, much appreciated.

2 years running so how did the temps hold up? On the Perihelion we pretty much have the same longevity mix as ICD.

I have a system running 3.5 years with no change in performance

I like to stress this aspect as it relates to quality. Many applications require high reliability and it is as critical feature as performance. Our fastest growing market are high stress environments notebooks, game systems and mission critical apps in private and government servers.

This particular rig is one of the newest on the farm. It's mount was only about 6 months old. I'll start cracking into the two year old mounts pretty soon. I'll compare that data to the original ICD7 data from the old thread. I did post one result there at the one year mark. There was no change in temps at that time.

Longevity is important for me. As you can see, I run my rigs 24/7/365 for a long time. They just crunch away. The less I have to mess with them, the better.

Bob
    If You ain't Crunching, you ain't Xtreme enough. Go Here
    Help cure CANCER, MS, AIDS, and other diseases.
    ....and don't let your GPU sit there bored...Crunch or Fold on it!!
    Go Here, Or Here

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by 123bob View Post
    Here's a pic of the application pea blob. It was a generous blob....

Now for the all important taste test........ Perihelion tastes very much like a mix of plaster and corn oil, with perhaps a splash of canola oil. Could use a dash of pepper, but it's not bad....

Bob

I prefer mine on a AMD wafer!

Xtreme crazy bastid
    Hey, if he wants to give that wafer away I'll take it! (seriously, I know it ain't happening)

Crunching for Poppabear
    Here are my results. It seems my first mount with the Perihelion was a bad one so I redid it. I used WCG for load test.

MACHINE NAME: i7
    PROCESSOR: i7 920
    VOLTS: CPUz Idle 1.376 / Load 1.344
    CLOCKS: 4097.3Mhz
    HEATSINK/COOLING USED: Apogee-XT,Thermochill PA120.3,Swiftech MCP355 w/ Petra's top,Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850rpm

Pre-Perihelion
    Compound: ICD7
    Ambient Temp: 23c
    Idle Temp: 31,31,32,31
    Load Temp: 56,55,56,53

Perihelion
    Ambient Temp: 23c
    Idle Temp: 35,33,40,34
    Load Temp: 60,57,56,56

All in all a very good paste. For those that redo mounts alot the lower price would be worth it.
    Last edited by Lu523; 01-24-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: forgot load method

Banned
    so there is a burn in time like I thought about 24 hours. better than ACsilver5 which for me is almost 48 hours. i remounted perihelion for my 3rd mount with no noticable temps difference so for me the Perihelion results are final. will be testing ICD today then my review should be final.

Banned
    heres the link to my review on my site:
    http://ocguru.webs.com/icperihelionreview.htm

just need one or 2 final touches but mostly complete
    Last edited by overclocking101; 01-26-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Xtreme crazy bastid
    Some more results for you:

Comparison chart:
    Attachment 100818

Raw figures (whole degree accuracy only):
    Attachment 100819

When I dismantled my GPU cooler this morning I discovered a piece of "fluff" in there blocking airflow that wasn't there originally. Please take that into consideration when looking at the GPU figures.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by D_A View Post
    Some more results for you:

Comparison chart:
    Attachment 100818

Raw figures (whole degree accuracy only):
    Attachment 100819

When I dismantled my GPU cooler this morning I discovered a piece of "fluff" in there blocking airflow that wasn't there originally. Please take that into consideration when looking at the GPU figures.
    Links don't work!
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme crazy bastid
    They work fine for me.

Just the same, here they are again:

Xtreme Member
    I haven't been able to test my CPU since I have been busy with my classes, work and homework. I do have GPU test results. I used furmark to stress the GPU and it is the stock Vaporx heatsink

GPU:
    Pre-Perihelion
    Compound: Stock Thermal Paste on Sapphire vaporx 5770.
    Ambient Temp: 22C
    Idle Temp:40C
    Load Temp: 79C
    Heat Sink Fan Speed: ~3000RPM (66%)

Perihelion
    Ambient Temp: 22C
    Idle Temp:39C
    Load Temp: 79C
    Heat Sink Fan Speed: ~3000RPM (66%)

I know that perihelion is a great compound, but for my system I think I am being limited by airflow. I have an SG06 and the vaporx expels heat into the case, but when I remove the cover of the case it drops my temps by 10C within 3 minutes. However, my system is always covered so for my testing I left the cover on. I applied perihelion on January 29th and I stressed it with furmark and played games throughout the weekend so I did give it about 72 hours to cure(initial results were about 2C higher).

CPU results should be this coming weekend.

CPU Results:
    Intel Q9650 Stock with Nexus Low-7000 with fan at 7V(~1000rpm)
    Prime 95 small FFT

MX2
    Ambient: 22C
    Idle:
    Core0:50
    Core1:37
    Core2:42
    Core3:41

Load:
    Core0:89
    Core1:79
    Core2:83
    Core3:86

Perhelion
    Ambient: 22C
    Idle:
    Core0:49
    Core1:35
    Core2:40
    Core3:40

Load:
    Core0:88
    Core1:78
    Core2:83
    Core3:85

Again, temperatures could be lower if I had the fan running at full 12V or with my case open, but that is not what I consider my normal setup. However, a 1C decrease was consistent with testing with perhelion. Thanks for letting me try it!
    Last edited by kjeldoran; 02-13-2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Added CPU Results

Xtreme Member
    I am putting together a little sub test. Looking for people who have water blocks willing to do some Contact/Pressure testing.

Results will be sent out to a lab for digital analysis and the report will be emailed to you.
    Last edited by tastymannatees; 02-02-2010 at 06:01 PM.

Cooled with a D-Tek Fuzion v2 with all 9 fans on the radiator at full speed. Both the processor and waterblock are lapped.

Ambients are at 20.7C for AS5, 20.1C for Perihelion, 20.0C for Ceramique, and 20.3 for ICD7.
    Quote Originally Posted by tastymannatees View Post
    I am putting together a little sub test. Looking for people who have water blocks willing to do some Contact/Pressure testing.

Results will be sent out to a lab for digital analysis and the report will be emailed to you.
    I don't know what I would need to do for this but i would probably be willing to do it.

Xtreme Member
    I don't know what I would need to do for this but i would probably be willing to do it
    Clamp pressure film between sink & IHS 1 piece is doner the other is the print. We send it out to a lab for digital analysis and they send back a result that looks like this

Xtreme Member
    mailed out more samples today should be up to date.

Going to ask you guys to extend burn in or cure time to see if we missed something (this is why we do these tests)

Some tests run on a PC test bed with a lab sample versus packed tube sample and we were surprised to see a burn in time of 4 days. Mix is similar to ICD with lower viscosity so running more tests along side yours to see what's up.

Thermal conductivity: 4.4 W/mK

Sample Thermal Impedance (deg C/W) Avg. CPU Temp.
    (ICD) 0.009 64 C
    Perihelion (lab sample) 0.012 67 C
    Perihelion1 (sample syringe) 0.014 66C (after about 2 hours)
    Perihelion (sample syringe) 0.012 60C (after about 4 days)

Thermal impedance as a function of pressure @ 120 Watts, 60 C:
    @ 10 psi: 0.202 oC-cm2/W
    23 psi: 0.193 oC-cm2/W
    37 psi: 0.186 oC-cm2/W
    50 psi: 0.182 oC-cm2/W
    64 psi: 0.171 oC-cm2/W

Xtreme Member
    I have 22 tubes out with 5 reporting. I still have 78 4 gm tubes of Perihelion and 78 tubes of ICD7 available on the giveaway.

Too early to draw much of any conclusion I would like to see 10-20 comparisons to see where it is trending and 30 + results for a high degree of confidence. From my own tests I would anticipate ICD vs Perihelion to end up 1-2 C in delta temps on average but we will see how it all pans out.

Thanks to those that have taken the time and effort to test.

will edit later

Initial results -. XS and OCF separate and combined. Note that combined chart Ceramique should read +0.217 not minus will fix next go around.

Last edited by tastymannatees; 02-07-2010 at 01:26 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    CPU: E3110 C0 @ 450x9 with 1.35v set in bios
    VOLTS: CPU-Z reports 1.392v idle, 1.344v load
    HEATSINK: TRU120X, lapped, washer under retention clamp, sflex SFF21G push/pull. IHS is not lapped.
    LOAD: LinX 0.6.3 to load for ~10 minutes.
    SOFTWARE: RealTemp 3.00 (no calibration/correction). CPU-Z 1.53.1 64-bit.

Pre-Perihelion
    Compound: MX-2 (about 5 months old)
    Ambient Temp: 23
    Idle Temp: 36 both cores
    Load Temp: 64 max on both cores, occured within a couple minutes into the run
    Heat Sink Fan Speed: 1859 rpm push, 1885 rpm pull

Pre-Perihelion
    Compound: AS5
    Idle Temp: 36 both cores
    Load Temp: 65 max on both cores, occured within a couple minutes into the run

Perihelion
    Idle Temp: 35 both cores
    Load Temp: 66 max on both cores, occured within a couple minutes into the run

Xtreme Member
    my87csx481

How long was the Perihelion/AS5 installed prior to taking Data?

This seems simple enough. If you're still looking for people to do this i would be happy to. Pm'ed my address again if you need it.

Xtreme Member
    NOTE: WE ARE PAUSING TESTS FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS

We have been testing alongside you guys with some interesting data . I only have one set of data points and have to run more tests. I ran an impedance/psi curve on the ASTM tester @ 120 W. Then I ran another curve keeping psi stable and scaled power. I suspect the red line is the mysterious "cure" (at least to me) or the "0" result category. At some point the constant psi curve should merge with the Impedance curve and stabilize. So the problem we believe has reverted to a pressure problem. With thermal compounds 99% of the problems are mostly due to contact or pressure in this particular case the pressure problem we believe is on our side with the paste.

This point of stabilization on the pressure/resistance curve is @ a higher pressure than IC Diamond and is why some only see 1-2C difference with great pressure and some see +5C at pressures that are slightly less but still in a good operating range as indicated with the control group who still had good results with ICD . Not a big issue and requires some minor tweaking on our part at which point we will issue everybody a new set of test samples.

These field tests validate the process and you guys have done a great job (Thanks) probing for weaknesses by providing the info we needed to improve the product for more finely tuned market fit. Bottom line is what you guys see at the desktop is what matters.

Overall, there is a change in the impedance - around 1 deg C for a 1 sq. cm. or about 2.5 C for a 1 sq. inch die @ 100 W. Pretty well lines up and explains results at this point.

Here is the chart

Here is the data

Some tests run on a PC test bed with a lab sample versus packed tube sample and we were surprised to see a burn in time of 4 days. Mix is similar to ICD with lower viscosity so running more tests along side yours to see what's up.

Thermal conductivity: 4.4 W/mK

Sample Thermal Impedance (deg C/W) Avg. CPU Temp.
    (ICD) 0.009 64 C
    Perihelion (lab sample) 0.012 67 C
    Perihelion1 (sample syringe) 0.014 66C (after about 2 hours)
    Perihelion (sample syringe) 0.012 60C (after about 4 days)

Thermal impedance as a function of pressure @ 120 Watts, 60 C:
    @ 10 psi: 0.202 oC-cm2/W
    23 psi: 0.193 oC-cm2/W
    37 psi: 0.186 oC-cm2/W
    50 psi: 0.182 oC-cm2/W
    64 psi: 0.171 oC-cm2/W

here are the results from the ASTM tester when I varied the hot bar temperature.

Sample: Perihelion
    Pressure: ~36-38 psi (the pressure increased slightly with temperature...not exactly sure why; the same mass was being applied in all cases)
    Cold bar temp: -5 C (all cases)

Hot Bar Temp (C) Average Temp (C) Pressure (psi) Impedance (C-cm2/W)
    50 22.5 36.6 0.213
    60 27.5 37.5 0.209
    70 32.5 37.8 0.206
    85 40.0 37.9 0.203
    100 47.5 38.2 0.205
    120 57.5 38.4 0.202

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast